Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to be under her spell but now I see that she’s a saleswoman working on commission/swipe up. When you look at her account it’s like playing Instagram Bingo on her feed:
Long walks ✅
White Company ad ✅
Food made by Col ✅
Jo Malone candle ✅
Swishing about in a new #gifted outfit ✅
Some form of a quote ✅
Bobbi Brown tutorial ✅
Aveeno ad ✅

I’m sure I’ve missed some but it’s like it’s on a loop...
Sappy photo of boys in matching clothes amid autumnal Enid Blyton scene ✅

Blurry photo of red wine, candles, fire ✅

Reactions: 8
I’m a mum to 6
I’m also a step mum to 2 more
They are not my kids-nor am I mum to the other 2
Mine have me and they have a mum and dad
I’m more of the auntie to them
If they called me mum I’d correct them because I’m not and their mum would never speak to me again!
And rightly so!
Blended families are complicated but I’d go epic if mine called another woman mum-that’s me not her!
Does her step son call her mum? That’s odd.

Does her step son call her mum? That’s odd.
I remember her saying he calls her
Mummy lauren

I find it odd ,
my little one (2) has a step mum , she comes home to me calling her mummy I know she is young but it breaks my heart. She has a brother at her dads house and obviously just picks it up that way , but I wouldnt want her calling her mummy

Reactions: 1
Exactly the same - once I realised her grid was so meticulously planned, it all became crystal clear, she wasn’t “one of us” at all, she was a strategic insta saleswoman. The whole pretence is pretty weird. Every ninth square is a quote! Once you see it you can’t unsee it!
Exhibit A

Exhibit B
F586D53F-5EBA-423A-BED0-ABF7180D8E5A.jpeg

Here is the details of my nail lady (in the hope of I mention her and the nail varnish company I will garner freebies.

Oh and also she is also above @neptunehomeofficial
Oh I love @neptunehomeofficial
Oh 👋🏼 Hi @neptunehomeofficial, I love your items. Have I tagged you enough to notice me?!

Desperate 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I remember her saying he calls her
Mummy lauren

I find it odd ,
my little one (2) has a step mum , she comes home to me calling her mummy I know she is young but it breaks my heart. She has a brother at her dads house and obviously just picks it up that way , but I wouldnt want her calling her mummy
I don't know, I think all families are different. My children call my husband (their step dad) Daddy and their biological dad by his first name 🤷‍♀️

Exhibit A

Exhibit B
View attachment 59849

Here is the details of my nail lady (in the hope of I mention her and the nail varnish company I will garner freebies.

Oh and also she is also above @neptunehomeofficial
Oh I love @neptunehomeofficial
Oh 👋🏼 Hi @neptunehomeofficial, I love your items. Have I tagged you enough to notice me?!

Desperate 🙄
She really is nauseating!! So glad I unfollowed. Her voice, her grimace grin, her dull appearance, her constant begging. These companies must also be desperate to send people so called gifts out!! This is why companies are going into liquidation!!! Or is this a coincidence?? 🤔

Reactions: 7
She really is nauseating!! So glad I unfollowed. Her voice, her grimace grin, her dull appearance, her constant begging. These companies must also be desperate to send people so called gifts out!! This is why companies are going into liquidation!!! Or is this a coincidence?? 🤔
The really stupid thing is, these companies constantly gifting her are ones I've previously been an amazing customer for, but I now refuse to buy from them. Their marketing tactics just aren't working anymore as I know plenty of other people who feel and act the same as me. I used to go through two jo Malone candles a month, now I take my hard earned cash elsewhere. Same with the white Co and joules. No way am I spending my hard earned cash on their over inflated products to fund them giving freebies to freeloaders like Lauren.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The really stupid thing is, these companies constantly gifting her are ones I've previously been an amazing customer for, but I now refuse to buy from them. Their marketing tactics just aren't working anymore as I know plenty of other people who feel and act the same as me. I used to go through two jo Malone candles a month, now I take my hard earned cash elsewhere. Same with the white Co and joules. No way am I spending my hard earned cash on their over inflated products to fund them giving freebies to freeloaders like Lauren.
I completely agree! It makes makes me think less of the companies that endlessly gift to people like Lauren. Why should I spend my
hard earned money there when she’s getting it for free? No thanks.

Completely agree - I will never buy The White Company (and I used to buy all my bedding, candles etc from there) It is seriously overpriced and they gift out so much stock, it cheapens the brand. It makes me think so much less of any brand who constantly gift the ‘instahuns’ - Sophie Allport and Boden, I’m looking at you!

These are luxury brands for a lot of people, and they are just given away - a lot of time’s to people who can easily afford them anyway!

Reactions: 11
I wonder if the companies who do this have had feedback on how it’s turning loyal customers away? I’m feel the same as you guys. Who are the worst offenders? Boden, Joules, Next, TWC, Jo Malone, Matalan, Charlotte Tilbury, Bobbi Brown 🤔 Have recently seen John Lewis gifting a lot of clothes which saddens me as I shop there a lot.

I wonder if the companies who do this have had feedback on how it’s turning loyal customers away? I’m feel the same as you guys. Who are the worst offenders? Boden, Joules, Next, TWC, Jo Malone, Matalan, Charlotte Tilbury, Bobbi Brown 🤔 Have recently seen John Lewis gifting a lot of clothes which saddens me as I shop there a lot.
Matalan has annoyed me recently with not only the constant clothes given out but also a trip to Disney for Lifesimplystyled when she’s already been only months ago! Which I’m sure even then it was gifted hotel I would absolutely love to go with my family but unfortunately I have to pay like everyone else and bills come first 😡 cannot wait for this instabubble to end now and see them all actually pay for things!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I've bought the odd item of clothing from FatFace, popped in with a mate recently and she bought some boots.
I saw a few nice jumpers, was planning on going back to make some wintery purchases.

The staff on the store were lovely and helpful... All adds to the ahopping experience.

So imagine my 'delight' when an influencer recieves two beautifully wrapped and boxes jumpers for free.
I wont be our purchasing said jumpers.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Any este laude company, so Bobby Brown, jo Malone etc.

Snuzzpod. They gift to do many. Was about to purchase one before I realised how many they give away. Funny enough Lauren was also gifted one!

Sleepy head. Again was going to buy one and then saw how many are gifted. So I ended up buying one off gum tree that the lady never used as her baby hated it! Therefore no money going to the company.

Boden, joules, white company, Wallis, Next, M&S....avoiding them now.

Elemis, again a brand I used for so many years.

Under Armour....

Silver cross prams. They frigging gift to most people with over 15k followers. AVOIDED them too!

Laura Ashley - again loved shopping there.

I genuinely understand why said company's gift out to people. But there's a limit and I think now people are having their eyes opened to the fact that the prices have been inflated ever so slightly to compensate for them to send freebies to people. It's definitely beginning to have a detrimental effect on their businesses. I'd have so much more respect for them all if they gifted to people who genuinely needed said items, would be a better approach and I would then purchase those brands if they promoted themselves like that. Eg donate baby items to good causes. Make up could get some make up artists to do makeup on elderly, or before a school prom or a magazine shoot for disadvantaged people; giving them an amazing experience. Like a special needs school could have a prom, give the girls a makeover.... Or DV victims to make them feel better. Or go into a hospital and donate nice clothes to terminal patients. But noooo, they just all constantly give, give, give to people like this freeloader who'll just take take take. I've lost respect for people like Lauren and also these companies.

Sorry, really ranting now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just can’t get over how people think these so called “influencers” are so wonderful. Where I live there is one and she prances around in the most ridiculous outfits and is so ignorant and looks down her nose at anyone she doesn’t know from Instagram. They must feel pretty empty if they need all this adulation on line. I think it stinks the amount of freebies they get. I wonder though if they really appreciate things like we do when we buy something ourselves. I still can’t believe I was fooled thinking Lauren was a normal down to earth woman. 🙄

I went to school with one (albeit she has a very small following compared to most). We used to be really good friends but drifted apart because mainly she turned weird and I moved abroad.
I see her when I go back to England. She looks nothing like her pics. Her life resembles nothing close to how she portrays herself. She's so shy, she literally has no friends and doesn't speak with anyone. I met her for a drink last Christmas when I was back, she spent the entire time avoiding eye contact with me, mumbled quietly and spent ages taking selfies or herself, then both of us and then pics of our mulled cider. It was so awkward. Then she posts all these pics and how much of an amazing time she had! Whatttttt. I know social media can be an exaggeration, but there's exaggerations and then there's lies! It must be so damaging to their mental health I think.

Totally puts me off. I guess at least I’m saving money and helping the earth from such a consumer led world.
It goes to show how highly marked up in price stuff is! I used to work for a for one of these companies who sold their wallpaper at £25 a roll yet it’s only a quid to make!!!!
We will all be watching the FTSE post Christmas! These companies are asking to be culled!!

Reactions: 3
The instafreebies are really smug and annoying but I really don’t think they are responsible for the death of the high street or brands going down the pan. That’s much more complex. Brands just think of and include these #gifts and ‘partnerships’ as per of their advertising budgets. They are very effective (and cheap!) advertising sources for big brands, especially with traditional media (like newspapers and magazines) being on the decline.

I wonder what the metrics are for those ‘turned off’ by social media marketing vs those who are receptive to it. I’d bet that the balance is still very much in the favour of those who are receptive, hence why the brands still place so much work IG’s way. Big brands aren’t daft, they have analysts for this stuff. They’ll stop doing it as soon it stops making financial sense and that influencer bubble will burst, messily for some.

Reactions: 6
The instafreebies are really smug and annoying but I really don’t think they are responsible for the death of the high street or brands going down the pan. That’s much more complex. Brands just think of and include these #gifts and ‘partnerships’ as per of their advertising budgets. They are very effective (and cheap!) advertising sources for big brands, especially with traditional media (like newspapers and magazines) being on the decline.

I wonder what the metrics are for those ‘turned off’ by social media marketing vs those who are receptive to it. I’d bet that the balance is still very much in the favour of those who are receptive, hence why the brands still place so much work IG’s way. Big brands aren’t daft, they have analysts for this stuff. They’ll stop doing it as soon it stops making financial sense and that influencer bubble will burst, messily for some.
There is that. Smug influencers are a lot cheaper to use than paying for a TV ad or a newspaper ad. I have worked in marketing and advertising so I’ve experienced the charges. Companies will send their overly retail priced item to these freebie Annie’s so they can #ad #gift it all.
It’s a shame there are still so many followers that get sucked into it still. But once they stop those freebies will soon slow down and the bubbles of feeling important will burst.... we hope.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.