Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Starshining

VIP Member
6D8A6D6D-7B09-49D4-BA52-B7C6CE1955C2.jpeg

Lauren, sweetheart, this is becoming a parody account.
Wine, centred ✔
Cheese, fanned✔
Look at the pack shot, sultry ✔
Dress, seductively, with a hint of leg ✔
Meat ( cut by ‘Col’ obvs with the RobertWelchUk knives #gifted) ✔
Wine brand candle, just slightly in shot but enough to read the brand name ✔
🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Dipity407

Rarely post but today's stories really got to me. A first day of Advent box now Lauren? Stuffed with Joules PJs as well as a Xmas Eve box?!! " I'm sure you could throw something together like this last minute" erm no Lauren, most normal people can't. She's so out of touch it's unreal!!

Peachy10

Chatty Member
I think her children are cute personally but anyway...
Everything is too perfect.
She has social media job with Barry M and is influencer with free ski holidays, etc.
Lives in a house which is always immaculate with not a thing out of place.
Her children are always beautifully behaved - always playing quietly with their wooden toys with everything in order and no plastic toys in sight.
Her food is all Waitrose, cooked from scratch,
presented like it’s on a M&S advert.
Husband who can cook, clean, earns a good wage and is all around just “amazing”.
She is always all smiles, happy happy happy.
Her photographs look like something from a catalogue, like she’s modelling. Don’t know anyone who could relate to her lifestyle.
Sorry I don’t believe that anyone’s life is that perfect. Does she ever swear? Have a bad day? Do her children argue over a plastic toy or make the house look like a pig stye? Do her and her husband argue or fall out? Surely no ones life is this perfect!!

Oh, a cashmere blanket, that will be a nice gift she says.

Its several hundred pounds....

If i could afford cashmere blankets to gift to people, i certainly wouldn't be following her on Insta. I wouldn't be on Instagram, i would be on a yacht, sipping champagne, enjoying my millions.....

Does anyone have a friend that has ever gifted them a cashmere blanket??

I think she has seriously misjudged her instagram followers. She thinks they have a champagne lifestyle but really they probably dont and suggesting gifting cashmere blankets is way of the mark. Treating ourselves to a nice Bobbie Brown lippie yes, cashmere pjs no.

Starshining

VIP Member
Rarely post but today's stories really got to me. A first day of Advent box now Lauren? Stuffed with Joules PJs as well as a Xmas Eve box?!! " I'm sure you could throw something together like this last minute" erm no Lauren, most normal people can't. She's so out of touch it's unreal!!
Others in unfortunate circumstances may look at that box and see there is more in the “first day of advent box” 🤷🏻‍♀️ than they can afford as actual gifts for Christmas Day.
No empathy for who is watching - get the content out there and show as many freebies/swipe ups as possible.

Maybe consider how fortunate you are and keep to yourself these stupid gimmicks?!

DozyDora

I wonder how many normal parents look at her feed and feel royally shit about how little effort they put into their home decor, children’s outfits, dinners, weekend outings, make up in the morning, outfits, coat choices. Urgh.

Greendream

She has lots of child free time. Thank god her ‘lovely mum’ wipes her arse for her. Hubby cooks al the meals. No wonder she gets to prance around in flower fields most of her days and cut open poached eggs.

Get a ducking grip Lauren love. A fucking grip of reality would be nice.

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
I don't understand how she can make that video and ask her followers to give their hard earned money and give shoeboxes when she has just received what must amount to thousands of pounds in gifts for herself through her carefully crafted monstrous 'giveaway'!

Let's be completely honest here, her shoeboxes are purely so she looks good. I am so glad one of her followers called her out on it. She could have donated the gifts she received without involving her followers!

LizzieB

Oh come on guys, what year is it, 1950?! No one can steal someone's husband. If your husband can be stolen it's because your marriage was shit anyway. People are allowed to be married, and meet someone, and get divorced, and marry a new person.

I'm not sticking up for her but i think that's a bit off topic and pointless speculation. Archies mum might be absolutely vile for all any of you know 🤷‍♀️🙄

No excuse. You should end a relationship before you start a new one. You also don’t rub the persons nose in it by calling yourself the mother of 3.
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I’m very strongly against affairs no matter what the situation is!

• Heart

Mum.est2014

The really stupid thing is, these companies constantly gifting her are ones I've previously been an amazing customer for, but I now refuse to buy from them. Their marketing tactics just aren't working anymore as I know plenty of other people who feel and act the same as me. I used to go through two jo Malone candles a month, now I take my hard earned cash elsewhere. Same with the white Co and joules. No way am I spending my hard earned cash on their over inflated products to fund them giving freebies to freeloaders like Lauren.
Completely agree - I will never buy The White Company (and I used to buy all my bedding, candles etc from there) It is seriously overpriced and they gift out so much stock, it cheapens the brand. It makes me think so much less of any brand who constantly gift the ‘instahuns’ - Sophie Allport and Boden, I’m looking at you!

These are luxury brands for a lot of people, and they are just given away - a lot of time’s to people who can easily afford them anyway!

Bibbidyboo

Thing is, she says she donates lots to charity, but let’s get real... The women instagrams so much of her life, she would 100% upload a shimmy boomerang of her making said charity donations. Fact.

OMG this is like coming home!! We went to school with Lauren and have amongst ourselves been literally baffled as to how many people are buying into this fakery!! Seriously!! How she isn’t embarrassed to write her cringey captions is beyond comprehension. Also, who the hell says “time you turd”...that alone is enough to make me want to throw my phone out the window. And yes she was married before too. Surprise surprise, her first wedding was featured in a bridal blog and yes, it was pretty freaking perfect. On your marks, get set...google!! 😂
Oh the conversations we could have, I used to work with her 😂

• Wow
  • Haha

No20

What’s wrong with a normal advent calendar with chocolate in, or an advent candle, why does it have to keep being pushed further and further into horrendous consumerism. It’s too much, she’s too much.
That’s quite right. Surely by Christmas Day the excitement will have worn off as it becomes the norm. How big and expensive will the main presents have to be? It’s pretty awful posting all this “look at me and what we’ve got”. Doesn’t portray a nice image at all.

• Heart

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Completely agree with you. It’s the volume of gifting that has resulted in me not purchasing from Jo Malone anymore.

I was gutted to see Riverford use instamums - supposed to be a sustainable company but yet using a group of people to advertise whose whole mantra is based on getting people to buy more. I cancelled my riverford box as a result of that.

No20

People need to remember what is really important. All these material items aren’t those things at all. Time spent as a family is THE most important thing. Not all the stuff in these advent boxes. It makes me so cross how that is being presented by many as the norm and that the more you spend on children/loved ones means the more you must love them. It isn’t and it doesn’t.

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
I couldn't agree more. My first thought looking at the 'advent box' was that it contained more than lots and lots of children would receive on Christmas Day.

The First Day of Advent book costs £40 alone. It is also personalised for the "three children" she is mummy to - she must have ordered it ages ago for them! 'Throwing together this box' was well planned and highlights that she isn't just selling an 'aspirational' lifestyle (read that as her life and children) on the internet but is actually completely out of touch.

• Wow

Bibbidyboo

This insta society of everything being gifted is really beyond a joke now!! It’s not a case of being jealous. It’s the fact she encourages others to spend when she hasn’t spent a penny herself. I know that’s why they gift her items to promote but it’s sickening to see.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
People need to remember what is really important. All these material items aren’t those things at all. Time spent as a family is THE most important thing. Not all the stuff in these advent boxes. It makes me so cross how that is being presented by many as the norm and that the more you spend on children/loved ones means the more you must love them. It isn’t and it doesn’t.
This - 100%. This endless materialism is shocking. All aimed at women with the subliminal message that you’ll life will only be perfect once you’ve bought the perfect PJs or Bobbi brown lipsticks. Lauren and all the other grabby influencers should be ashamed of themselves