Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh really. I’ve not noticed. Just goes to show how much research they put into the things they post to thousands & thousands of followers.

Reactions: 2
I am sure it was well-meaning making the boxes (probably to show all of us she’s about more than lipsticks, Jo Malone and wearing cream) but...whoops! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Got lots of messages = I read it on Tattle

Reactions: 6
Ohhh really. I’ve not noticed. Just goes to show how much research they put into the things they post to thousands & thousands of followers.
Exactly. It was a knee jerk "I have just seen someone else doing this and it looks like good content", in my opinion. No research carried out regarding the charity; research that is so fundamental, and so wrong not to.

Samaritan’s Purse. The fundamentalist evangelical Christian charity run by the homophobic, racist extreme right-winger, Franklin Graham. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Imagine choosing a charity like this, at a time like this on social media (so potentially inflammatory / explosive!)

Reactions: 4
I notice she’s got a link today to view the John Lewis ad. Does that mean anyone who clicks on it will be the means of commission going to her for anything they buy on John Lewis website fir the next month?
Did you notice that the JL ad has now been removed too? That is surely too coincidental afyer a reference here!

Reactions: 2
Alert Alert flooded lane in Ledbury
Call the army in 🙄

3AB66C14-83D3-456E-A117-C0F68B716926.png

It’s called “jumping on a bandwagon” to make her look good in the process without completing due diligence and checking the charity out thoroughly. 🤦🏻‍♀️

This “channel” is your business Laur; the work is becoming sloppy due to churning out content quickly

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Look at all those products that have been gifted in one fail swoop, it’s absolutely insane! I just can’t even believe that’s the amount being sent out to numerous people on Instagram for free whilst us peasants go out and pay £59 for one palette of the stuff. WTF

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Look at all those products that have been gifted in one fail swoop, it’s absolutely insane! I just can’t even believe that’s the amount being sent out to numerous people on Instagram for free whilst us peasants go out and pay £59 for one palette of the stuff. WTF
This is when the Peasants revolt.

The freebies that are handed out are sickening. I’ve stopped using Bobbi Brown and have moved onto Bare Minerals instead - better product

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It’s obscene but it just makes me boycott the brands that do this. I dont buy Bobbi Brown and once my jo malone stuff is finished I won’t buy from them either. Both brands test on animals too so for me that’s a big no no.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Honestly, where does Laurs find time to have "autumn" decorations up in the house? I dont have time to prance about the woods for pine cones, my kids dont have the patience to paint leaves for garlands and i dont have a mate down the road that will whip up an "autumn" wreath for me for free. Inspolife everyone, inspolife.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many normal parents look at her feed and feel royally tit about how little effort they put into their home decor, children’s outfits, dinners, weekend outings, make up in the morning, outfits, coat choices. Urgh.

Reactions: 11
I wonder how many normal parents look at her feed and feel royally tit about how little effort they put into their home decor, children’s outfits, dinners, weekend outings, make up in the morning, outfits, coat choices. Urgh.
Forgetting that all her ‘spontaneous, this is us just hanging by the front door’ shtick has probably taken hours to prep for, hair, make up, clothes, props, tripod, hundreds of takes, filtering. All for what? Selling a pipe dream, she’s the fakest of the fake.

• Heart
Forgetting that all her ‘spontaneous, this is us just hanging by the front door’ shtick has probably taken hours to prep for, hair, make up, clothes, props, tripod, hundreds of takes, filtering. All for what? Selling a pipe dream, she’s the fakest of the fake.
I can just imagine her calling out ‘Col, I need the ring light!’ and dragging it onto the path, but that’s our Lauren, oh so natural... 🤣

• Haha
I certainly don't. The way I see it, the more she's on instagram replying to comments, or the more she's setting up a photo shoot or decorating a fireplace or her face with Bobby Brown yuckness, the less time she's spending with her children.

The irony! Spends ages ignoring her children (ignoring is the wrong word, but when she's decorating, they're not her number one priority)....anyway, spends ages ignoring her children to post publicly about how much of an amazing mother she is. To then ignore the kids further to respond to comments about how amazing of a parent she is.

Not to mention the amount of time she spends away from the kids too.

So no. I don't feel crap when I'm cooking a mediocre dinner WITH my children, for my children while spending time with my children. I definitely don't feel crap when my kids quickly pick an outfit and put it on and then we enjoy our day together without posing for about 100 pics, which then need to be edited before posted. That takes time! Time I'd rather spend with my children, not needing to spend time or effort (at my children's detriment) trying to persuade strangers that I'm a perfect mum who has it all. Because I already do!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I certainly don't. The way I see it, the more she's on instagram replying to comments, or the more she's setting up a photo shoot or decorating a fireplace or her face with Bobby Brown yuckness, the less time she's spending with her children.

The irony! Spends ages ignoring her children (ignoring is the wrong word, but when she's decorating, they're not her number one priority)....anyway, spends ages ignoring her children to post publicly about how much of an amazing mother she is. To then ignore the kids further to respond to comments about how amazing of a parent she is.

Not to mention the amount of time she spends away from the kids too.

So no. I don't feel crap when I'm cooking a mediocre dinner WITH my children, for my children while spending time with my children. I definitely don't feel crap when my kids quickly pick an outfit and put it on and then we enjoy our day together without posing for about 100 pics, which then need to be edited before posted. That takes time! Time I'd rather spend with my children, not needing to spend time or effort (at my children's detriment) trying to persuade strangers that I'm a perfect mum who has it all. Because I already do!
Really love this

I really hope that people don’t feel like this. The reality is that a normal life as a housewife and/or mother is looking after your family and to do this properly it can’t be done with a camera in your hand or being pointed at you. These influencers are only doing this for money. I see it with other “influencers” recording every footstep whilst walking along going about their so called normal life telling us where they’re going. After a while it gets boring. Yes, I’ve succumbed to thinking that their lives are better than mine etc etc but not anymore. The reality is that when I’m with my family, husband and friends then I am with them properly and giving them the attention they deserve and not putting on a show.

I’m a mum to 6
I’m also a step mum to 2 more
They are not my kids-nor am I mum to the other 2
Mine have me and they have a mum and dad
I’m more of the auntie to them
If they called me mum I’d correct them because I’m not and their mum would never speak to me again!
And rightly so!
Blended families are complicated but I’d go epic if mine called another woman mum-that’s me not her!

Reactions: 4
I really hope that people don’t feel like this. The reality is that a normal life as a housewife and/or mother is looking after your family and to do this properly it can’t be done with a camera in your hand or being pointed at you. These influencers are only doing this for money. I see it with other “influencers” recording every footstep whilst walking along going about their so called normal life telling us where they’re going. After a while it gets boring. Yes, I’ve succumbed to thinking that their lives are better than mine etc etc but not anymore. The reality is that when I’m with my family, husband and friends then I am with them properly and giving them the attention they deserve and not putting on a show.
Well said.

They are not “your friend”, Lauren is a salesperson, a professional salesperson.

The routine goes of smiley stories, pictures of her sons then #Ad, more smiley stories, please share your tips with me, #gifted stories, oh here’s my paid partnership, swipe up!

Once you are aware, you can’t unsee it.

Would sell her soul, this one

Well said.

They are not “your friend”, Lauren is a salesperson, a professional salesperson.

The routine goes of smiley stories, pictures of her sons then #Ad, more smiley stories, please share your tips with me, #gifted stories, oh here’s my paid partnership, swipe up!

Once you are aware, you can’t unsee it.

Would sell her soul, this one
Exactly the same - once I realised her grid was so meticulously planned, it all became crystal clear, she wasn’t “one of us” at all, she was a strategic insta saleswoman. The whole pretence is pretty weird. Every ninth square is a quote! Once you see it you can’t unsee it!

I used to be under her spell but now I see that she’s a saleswoman working on commission/swipe up. When you look at her account it’s like playing Instagram Bingo on her feed:
Long walks ✅
White Company ad ✅
Food made by Col ✅
Jo Malone candle ✅
Swishing about in a new #gifted outfit ✅
Some form of a quote ✅
Bobbi Brown tutorial ✅
Aveeno ad ✅

I’m sure I’ve missed some but it’s like it’s on a loop...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.