Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PPHat

The Wild Atlantic Way Waffler weekend lifestyle supplement got the scoop on some exciting news this weekend. Read our exclusive piece on how a beautiful coastal village is set to be rebranded after a Mayo supermam “put it on the map” this summer.

Self-appointed interiors, exteriors, fashion, culinary and lifestyle guru Sahara Bucket (pronounced bouquet) has created a buzz in the sleepy village of Enniscrone since she began her twice daily dips in the sea over recent months. As well as her army of ardent online followers she has acquired a few real-life followers among the oul lads who come down to the pier each morning and evening to spot all the lovely ladies in their swimming costumes. One man, who did not wish to be named for fear it would jeopardise his role as Eucharistic minister, told us, “Sure isn’t it great to see those fine looking women out enjoying the fresh Atlantic. With the pubs and the bingo being closed it’s been great to have something to do, a reason to get up in the morning,” he winked.

Local entrepreneur Alan Suicre said Bucket had really put the village on the map. He noted that she had followers from all over the world and it started him thinking about how he could maybe harness interest in Bucket to increase tourism to the area.

Suicre told us that he was out walking his dogs last week when he spied Bucket hosting a continental breakfast in the dunes. That’s when it came to him. Sure didn’t the village have connections to France 🇫🇷. He told us, “Every year prior to lockdown, several of our parishioners from the Legion of Mary went to Lourdes. Some of them have even picked up a bit of the language. What better way to pay homage to our French connections than market the village as the premier destination for a continental breakfast by the sea. From now on it will be called Enniscrone-sur-mer”.

Bucket takes up the story, whispering excitedly, “When Alan approached me that day in the dunes and shared his idea, I was delighted. The opportunity to offer petit dejeuner by the sea is amazing. Sure with my tablescaping and picnic- scaping expertise it’s sure to be a hit. We do have a bit of work yet to get the locals up to speed on their French vocabulary and pronunciation to ensure that there are French “vibes” all around in Enniscrone-sur-mer. But sure I’m quite the expert on that too - didn’t I teach everyone how to say açai properly”.

You heard it here first folks - a new name for the village. We here at the Wild Atlantic Way Waffler weekend lifestyle supplement are away off to brush up on our French for our next visit.

Disclaimer - Sahara Bucket and Alan Suicre are fictitious characters, borne out of my tablescapaddled mind. Although influenced by social media and TV it is in fact a work of fiction and that any resemblance to real or UNreal persons is merely a coincidence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Roundthegarden

Chatty Member
So she puts up on her stories a link to Greta Thunberg's and says "so worrying" in relation to climate change. I swear these insthuns need to start becoming more accountable themselves. They are part of the problem and need to look closer to home. Endless supply of clothes, cosmetics, furniture, 2 cars (& no doubt a work van for Baz), etc etc. Quit with this tokenistic greenwashing and actually do something about it. Stop promoting products that people do not need. It would be more in their line to actually talk about what they are going to do themselves to help climate change instead of just referring to someone else's post and it might encourage their followers to do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Shellac

Back in Galway ? Does she not understand that travelling and eating out is not a very good idea at the moment ? What a complete idiot . Won't be long before she gets it and yes Sahara you can get it even if you have been fully vaccinated and boosted. If she was a bloke I would call her a dick .
I find your post unfair;
I really don’t understand what is wrong for Sarah to travel to Galway & having lunch today ? It is allowed & she is supporting the industry.
Yes this virus is everywhere & highly contagious whether vaccinated/boosted
or but a child can bring it home from school at any time?
We really need to start living again & bringing normality back.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
it’s a mystery she’s gone full circle she was always at home whipping up a sweet treat and making beds now all she does is swim and go to hotels
She was at home because of lockdown. I have been dying to see what she’s like out of lockdown and happy to say she hasn’t disappointed. Never at home, away in hotels, pouting, preening and generally acting the prick. Predictable

• Haha
Reactions: 14

New-Yark

For the Tattlers that don’t know enniscrone I can’t even describe to you how comical the set up is, but what I won’t understand is that she has a fabulous back garden to host her French breakfast in? It’s much more realistic for an advert that your friend will come over to your patio / garden on a Sunday morning than meet you in the sand dunes with all the wind and passer bys and carrying a small village to set up. She’s fair quick forgotten about Afghanistan anyways!

Reactions: 13
When did it become a "thing" that building a house leads to being an "instahun?".
Build your house and then live in it!

The formula is becoming stagnant...

New build
Concentrate on neutrals and beige.
Tag other new builds.
Start asking ridiculous questions such as...where will I get a picture for my living room? (Emmm Google it?).

Once the house is built tag every other account looking for x, y and z.

Then join an agency.
Spotlight toothbrush...
Emma mattress
Trevor Morrow or own towns equivalent
Tesco gig
Bonne Maman
Connacht Gold or local alternative
Tag face creams and say I'm running low on my toner/eye cream etc etc
Tag hotels in the hopes of a free night.
Makeup...any old gig will do.
Photo dumps?made up term.
Trying on an outfit...haul. (why?)

What have I forgotten?! 🤣

Involving their children. ( I am 100% anti this... there are so many paedophiles on social media who know these kids names and more than likely know what school's they go to).
I am not singling House by the whitethorns out in particular because so many of these accounts are doing this regarding their children's privacy. Once an image is online there is no going back.

We should be emailing these companies... it's a bizarre type of pyramid schemen and a very cheap form of advertising for them.

I think Instagram is losing its appeal and will slowly be replaced by some other social media channel.

What would happen all of these accounts if Instagram folded in the morning? What would they do?!
It's all a bit Truman Show for me .
And the ending of that movie was genius... life went back to normal for the viewers almost immediately.

Good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Reactions: 13

PPHat

New thread!

Please continue!

Credit to @PPHat for the suggestion!
Thanks for setting it up @dddddddddddd 👌

Do we know where they get all their money from? Awful lot of hauls and BT buys. Seems crazy when they have so many kids and their house fully decked out in the absolute best of things.
All so superficial it makes me a bit 🤢
@Wagtail we have all asked that ourselves. God knows how it’s all funded. She does seem to get a lot of freebies so maybe that helps. Apparently the Insta gig with all the ads pays well.
I agree it is very superficial. I enjoyed following her at first but she has become so braggy and unrelatable and no one likes a show-off.
If I’m being completely honest there’s a part of me that was a bit envious at first, not of any material things but of the amount of free time to pamper herself and be out and about without her kids. But I’ve stopped feeling that way. We work hard and when we have free time we actually love spending time with the kids. If I had more free time it just wouldn’t be me posing and prancing around and going for nights away in Galway and Dublin in a short space of time. We normally go away as a couple for a weekend about once a year. The rest of the time it’s us plus 3 kids all the way.
All in all I am satisfied that we have cars that we paid for, things in our home we paid for and that none of our income is derived from exploiting my children’s privacy. The pressure to provide content must take its toll and more often than not she misses her mark completely with braggy, pouty, tone deaf content. Have no idea why she’d want to live her life online and tbh she’s not even very good at it with her wooden delivery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I wouldn’t rate her content at all. She doesn’t educate or influence me in anyway. She doesn’t interact with her followers (probably cos the are Brazilian and I’m not sure what SB’s Portuguese is like considering her English isn’t great), she doesn’t do what she is supposed to do, like for example a review of the Mercedes. It’s all very transient with Beggy Battle…she wants something, she gets it…that’s the last you hear about it.

Side note: I recently was in Foxford Woollen Mills and spoke to a manager to express my displeasure with influencer marketing. Not sure my feedback will be taken on board but at least I got it off my chest.

• Heart
Dear Santa,

For Christmas can I please ban the word ‘obsessed’.

I am bored of every instahun being ‘obsessed’ about everything from a sheet of toilet paper to a piece of wood…like really Santa 🎅

I have been a good girl this year!
Love from
Sweaty 🥵

PS: are dictionaries still cool? If so I know one instahun that could really use one. DM me Santa 🎅 🎅

***Can you also add these to the list?!!

Hump day 🤬
The term "instahun" (fictional which is accurate to how they live/exist).
Styling a ... ladder/chair...see below
Doorscaping
Bedscaping
Tablescaping
Windowscaping
Floorscaping
Curtainscaping
Carpetscaping
Cutleryscaping
Towelscaping
Sinkscaping
Tapscaping
Patioscaping
Parterrescaping
Wardrobescaping
Gardenscaping
Christmastreescaping
Christmastreeskirtscaping
Handscaping
Hairscaping
Radiatorscaping
Skyscaping
Vasescaping
Shoescaping

I think I need to lie down now...
I have a touch of brainscaping.
Mic drop 🎤

• Haha

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
OMG OMG OMG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 This has made my day. I nearly pissed myself when i seen pancakes.... pancakes on a table... with a tablecloth, a cake stand, actual plates ...in the sand dunes.... wearing a dress.. i wish i had my dogs up the dunes when this was happening theyd have knocked everything 🤣

I actually cannot get over this 🤣🤣🤣
It was the chair and blanket that did it for me. Just a casual beach breakfast 🤣🤣🤣

For the Tattlers that don’t know enniscrone I can’t even describe to you how comical the set up is, but what I won’t understand is that she has a fabulous back garden to host her French breakfast in? It’s much more realistic for an advert that your friend will come over to your patio / garden on a Sunday morning than meet you in the sand dunes with all the wind and passer bys and carrying a small village to set up. She’s fair quick forgotten about Afghanistan anyways!
At first I thought she was in her garden … then I realized she was back in the dunes.
Im looking forward to her doing Christmas dinner in the dunes!

• Haha

Lighthouse2028

Chatty Member
Clearly never sees her children, when i saw the sea pic my heart actually broke i thought my god how could ya do that... She's such a self centred gobshite.

Was there an instahuns retreat on... She hardly meant the fantastic company was baz, sure all they do is film each other and look in the mirror or take pics of themselves in the mirror.... That dress, there are no words.

Jackjack38

VIP Member
Do ya reckon she will ever go back teaching?
I think she should for her sake and her kids, get off social media and go back to living a normal life. Instagram changes people and not for the better, always striving for perfection and likes. It's such a toxic environment and strips kids of their privacy.
It's so bizarre to me not knowing this family personally that if I were in the area and bumped into them I would recognise her children and Id also know the layout of of their home and what their bedrooms look like. How does this not terrify a mother???

Reactions: 11

JJJ1234

Chatty Member
Agree wholeheartedly with you, in effect images of children, their own children are basically sold for cash or gifts to benefit themselves. It's ethically and moral wrong I think. It's taking away the rights of privacy of the child.And Battle obviously choose photos of her children to make her look like she's a good parent. She doesn't give any parenting advice or any information whatsoever. It's all just "pretty" pictures that portray a seemingly perfect life. Then admits in a newspaper that she shows her children because people want to see them.. To me it's very weird for adults wanting to follow your account for your children. These photos are there forever even if she deletes her account, god knows who's using those images. We didn't grow up with our childhood images splattered online. My own children have said to me that they're glad I didn't put pictures up of them on social media (I hardly use Facebook or Instagram anymore). They want to be in control of who sees them and I respect their wishes.

So true @PPHat, she's certainly not struggling. In fact she obviously using whatever money she generates to maintain this lifestyle that she seems to be attaining to. Perfume that costs 150€,earrings that she wore at the weekend were over 270€,several outfits from BTs etc. Absolutely crazy!

I am so glad that not everything was filmed and put online when I was a child or teen. What is happening to her children and others by parents like Sarah is, I agree, unethical. It has always bothered me that the selling of children’s privacy is allowed in order for the “content creator” to profit. Parents like Sarah, Eimear Varian Barry, FBG, Twins and me, to name a few rely on their children to make a living from Insta.
They either feature totally or heavily in their stories and feeds. The point has been made that they could argue that money is being made for college expenses. I would argue that for the most part, the money is being used now to find a lifestyle or (in the case of EVB, support the family now). There is no excuse for using children as content for this type of instagrammer. If children are being used to financially benefit the parent then there should be laws in place to protect the child and the money should be placed in trust for them. I just can’t think of a good reason to strip children of their privacy-even to further awareness of a childhood health condition is wrong to me when it involves showing a vulnerable child. People like Sarah and her ilk figured out early on that they were not enough and that they got more reaction when their children were featured. She mentioned on the recent newspaper article that people related to her twins- her stories have started almost every day with videos of those boys. At best it is lazy content creation and at worst an issue that needs to be dealt with by a body that looks at the wholesale selling of children’s privacy.

• Heart

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Came across this wrinkly old trouts page a few weeks ago. Can anyone summarise her for me? All I see is a house full of gifted items, a cervix that needs a break, and a miserable husband

• Haha

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
“Impromptu“ day trip with a drone and her swimming mates. Impromptu my hoop. Not a child in sight.
I cringe every time I see the car plastered in branding. Morto for her.

Adeline

Even her beef with her haters is super boring. Like surely she could have found some juicier insults in her inbox than someone asking about milk in her tea! 😂

• Haha
Actually feel really sad for their kids on the first day back to a school… How was your summer... And 100,000 people knowing what they ve been up to, where they ve been, beach trips, in swim suits, saw the photos of them all doing all the normal things that should be kept private. Such private moments splattered all over the internet and no way of these images ever been deleted and god know what kind of weirdos using the images. Would never share the likes no matter what Kind of money I was offered. Hate seeing images of kids lunches and bedrooms. Photos of their precious lives should be protected, not used for content on the grid as they call it for likes and attention. These people need constant validation of their lives. Imagine spending your days with the phone out Arranging and re arranging the kids to take the best photo of your kids and your house, all staged, so far remove from reality. You must feel like your never actually live your life, constantly looking for what might make good content and Getting the phone out to snap x 100. And the shocking thing I have noticed is a lot of home influencers are teachers and nurses, professionals that should value the importance of the right to privacy to these little precious people. Feel sick thinking about it.

PPHat

I thought the whole set up with the anniversary dancing, posing on the sofa in the wedding dress was weird AF. I think there’s a want there, a need for attention for sure.

I saw a story on Caroline’s (A House by the Trees) Insta. She did the Amsterdam marathon this past weekend and her toddler thought she had gone to have a baby as the last time she was away from him was to have her youngest child. The contrast between her and Battle couldn’t be more glaring. Caroline is always with her kids whereas Battle seems to be away at the drop of a hat and when she is with them they are Insta fodder.

All Mams need down time for themselves, it’s just that Battle seems to have an excessive amount of free time for someone with 5 young kids and a demanding Insta career.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
shes nothing to be jealous of

badly pumped lips, a sour face, a house she cant clean,kids she can't mind, and debt shel nevee clear.

na im all good with what i have 😂
Keeping up a façade and living life for the gram, is not living. It’s existing and wondering where the next commission cheque is coming from.