Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Dear Santa,

For Christmas can I please ban the word ‘obsessed’.

I am bored of every instahun being ‘obsessed’ about everything from a sheet of toilet paper to a piece of wood…like really Santa 🎅

I have been a good girl this year!
Love from
Sweaty 🥵

PS: are dictionaries still cool? If so I know one instahun that could really use one. DM me Santa 🎅 🎅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I’ve seen her driving it and it is a small car. Remarkably small. And I can tell you if the two seats are up in the back, there’s very little leg room even for kids and zero boot space. Plus those ‘boot seats’ are not very comfortable.

That was a truly dreadful review. It was a review of baby seats. Kevin Connolly won’t be selling too many of those cars, not that he’d be shipping to Brazil anyway🤣

And yes, the absolute least she could have done was vacuum the car. That shows the disrespect she has for it cos it’s not costing her a cent.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

HumphreyB

VIP Member
They are all struggling for content because they have no skill, they have no USP.
all they ever did was go out, eat out, shop and holiday. You remove their social life and you are left with nothing. They have no experience, no qualifications.
There is literally zero value add.

Irish influencers are the pits

• Heart

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Good lord are they away again this weekend in the g hotel?!?!
Instead of her posting photos of a glass or a flower why doesn’t she share the big secret…how the hell two people with 5 kids under the age of 6 can get so many days and nights away
The staff she NEVER acknowledges working overtime…
Her children must barely know her. Dying to see the fake laughing posts later and the pics of Baz pretending he doesn’t know she’s videoing him.
Pair of assholes…

• Haha

PPHat

The whole size thing is classic narcissistic shite - the need to feel superior. There is so much pressure on women to conform to filtered and unrealistic beauty standards and some influencers just feed the preoccupation with looks and body size while lining their own pockets. Just because someone is obsessed with their appearance to the point where they’re telling complete strangers what they plan to do with their face, body, etc does not mean that others have to follow suit. By all means make the best of what you have, improve the things you don’t like but do it for you, not because some Insta Hun has “influenced” you to do it.

Anyway what was more interesting about that series of posts was the bit about the colour sorting task for the kids - a great activity to help with colour recognition and fine motor skills. But there was a glaring irony - promoting things that aid a child’s development yet apparently zero consideration of how the childrens online exposure might impact them. It’s been said many times on here but I am
convinced that these women (and it is mainly women) who use their children for content will be on the wrong side of what is considered appropriate in the future.

• Heart

SofaSam

Had been planning on buying a toy for my little one’s birthday from an Irish company but sickened to see they’d gifted the very same item to this lady….. turned me off completely so my hard earned cash will go elsewhere…… I wish companies would realise gifting items to these instahuns , who have so much already is turning most normal people off……I follow a few pages for frontline workers and some of those workers are really struggling ,they’d be much more worthy receipients.

Jonnyjo

The table... the setup.. the OTT tableecape at the beach ... the notions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's cheered me right up on a Sunday morning ... what will we ever do when these instahuns are a thing of than past

• Haha

JJJ1234

Chatty Member
So true. Strange behaviour.

Terrible, I agree. Such an obvious and pathetic attempt to encourage engagement. Look, I’m sure that she’s probably a nice person with family and friends who love her etc. This dip into “insta content creation” shows her limitations though. It’s ok to be a home ec. teacher, mother, wife. She has proven to me that her run is over on sm. There is no “it” or “wow” factor to her that compels me in any way to look at her stories or grid, unlike others I follow. She lucked into a certain level of success at the beginning through her house build but there is nothing of substance there now that the house is done. The house is the attraction, not Sarah, and even the house has been surpassed by newer, better accounts. This is aside from my never ending disapproval of her using her children to monetize her account. If she was teaching, parenting AND running her account she might have some excuse but considering that her account appears to be her (and her families) main source of income, her lack of ability and personality is obvious.

• Sick

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Isnt it mental really like with all the posting, how people recognise him, i would lose my mind
Baz didn’t know whether to lick himself or the ice cream or both. Then he drives down the road in the Audi with the window down and beeping the horn and waving (presumably to some one he knew).
Verdict: He’s a tosser.

• Haha

Instamoney

Ya for the housewives at home looking at insta homes and then looking around at theirs and buying all the shite they are being flogged in the hopes of having the filtered, edited houses they see on insta..
Also,just to add we have one of these big house in the country, build 8 years ago.It's not all it's cracked up to be. It will never be finished,always things to do, everything I'd like panelling hall etc.is not hundreds but thousands of euros.Maintainance is a pain to get anyone and so expensive, water pumps,boilers,heating systems,it's endless. House is crazy to clean and never clean as too big unless u have a cleaner which I definitely don't nor would I.Windows too many to clean,Snowed in some winters,we are near nothing,no transport,no shops, hospitals everything is a car.Living in a city or town is more expensive to buy but must be nice to walk to things.With alot getting a free site in the country,€150k-200k direct labour would get u a nice house.So it's not all it looks like,u get alot more for ur money self building in the country than buying in towns or cities.I feel once you have a warm home,.happy and healthy children, the rest is materialistic rubbish.Keep ur money insta people for the important things,health is number one,the rest is show really and the quicker all this craziness and obsessions with other people and their big houses ends the better.With what is going on in the world at the moment,these idiots on insta really look foolish and so shallow.

Also,just to add we have one of these big house in the country, build 8 years ago.It's not all it's cracked up to be. It will never be finished,always things to do, everything I'd like panelling hall etc.is not hundreds but thousands of euros.Maintainance is a pain to get anyone and so expensive, water pumps,boilers,heating systems,it's endless. House is crazy to clean and never clean as too big unless u have a cleaner which I definitely don't nor would I.Windows too many to clean,Snowed in some winters,we are near nothing,no transport,no shops, hospitals everything is a car.Living in a city or town is more expensive to buy but must be nice to walk to things.With alot getting a free site in the country,€150k-200k direct labour would get u a nice house.So it's not all it looks like,u get alot more for ur money self building in the country than buying in towns or cities.I feel once you have a warm home,.happy and healthy children, the rest is materialistic rubbish.Keep ur money insta people for the important things,health is number one,the rest is show really and the quicker all this craziness and obsessions with other people and their big houses ends the better.With what is going on in the world at the moment,these idiots on insta really look foolish and so shallow.
It's NOT all it's cracked up to be I meant.....

Last edited:
  • Heart

Roundthegarden

Chatty Member
The amount of stuff these kids have is obscene - why don't companies give to children and families who don't have much .I would be a lot more impressed 😐
Even if she had bought toys from that company and they in turn sent her free gifts I would have more respect for influencers if they had said "Because I've been gifted x, y and z I will donate this to my local charity as my children have more than enough ". Too often we see influencers with their greedy hands out accepting gifts while they downright know that there are so many poor families in this country struggling.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Obligatory “How evil Putin is“ post. Followed by new bistro set for the garden.
Could she be anymore tone deaf to what’s going on in the world right now.

• Angry

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Let’s takes bets:

Stay in The Westbury or The Merrion #gifted
Dinner in Balfes #gifted
Trip to BT.
Posing in mirror, leg cocked, wearing oversized boxy Rixo or Samsoe Samsoe dress that she’s wanted for ages.
Trip to Chupi in Powerscourt Townhouse (hence posts earlier this week)
Possible meeting with CA Design
Eyebrows done in that overpriced brow place
Rediculous posting in shops tagging them furiously hoping for some sort of commercial agreement

🥱🥱🥱

• Haha

Moohoomoo

Chatty Member
OMG OMG OMG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 This has made my day. I nearly pissed myself when i seen pancakes.... pancakes on a table... with a tablecloth, a cake stand, actual plates ...in the sand dunes.... wearing a dress.. i wish i had my dogs up the dunes when this was happening theyd have knocked everything 🤣

I actually cannot get over this 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

PPHat

🤔 👀 Can Sahara Bucket account for her whereabouts?? Looks like her signature style 😉😂

1C9EB6B2-D65A-4F90-A5BB-10C783F9CCCE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9

PPHat

I think she struggles massively with decision making, so I'd say its like oh well i didn't wear the dress, wish i did, but I'll just put it on instagtam so everyone knows i have nice things. Even though its actually cat i have to say, cat!

But like its the strangest thing i ever seen, taking pics of yourself fake laughing in an 8yr old wedding dress. Oh and also so
we'll be like omg she still fits into it. Actually why do i even look at this one's page? 😂
Could not agree more about the decision making. The whole account has no discernible angle or flow. She throws up things that don’t logically go together. Like last night - kids dancing, wedding anniversary, then a couple of outfits need a night out, rounded off by a fundraiser. She comes across as all over the place at times. Mind you with seemingly being out of the house as much as she is I could understand why she might be scatty and disorganised.

Also, it’s very evident she is reading here and trying to make adjustments. I think that she probably feels that she can’t do right for doing wrong given the criticism levelled at her. She shares a lot more fundraisers, local interest items and local businesses nowadays. Contrast that to her sell sell sell approach during the lockdowns, during which I felt she came across as totally tone deaf, given the circumstances. I think she is struggling to find the sweet spot between being relevant, producing interesting content (without featuring kids) and reeling in the part of her that is unrelatable, braggy and needing validation. The problem is during the pandemic she set out her stall with the clothes sizing references, the flawless supermama persona, the constant shopping, tokenism towards sustainability and her over exposure of the kids. It’s hard to reinvent yourself from there and it comes across as lacking authenticity if she tries. She showed people who she is and has been critiqued for it so to try to change tack now would be challenging. I’d imagine the other InstaHuns are watching and learning.

• Heart

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I get that it’s scripted so that the company can ensure key messages are included. It’s her delivery though that’s the problem. People who are good at this type of thing can still inject some personality while delivering from a scripted piece. It’s just not her forte.
I get that Brady’s probably wanted to target the family picnic market. Problem is any picnic I’ve ever had was nothing like the one she was advertising. It was hilariously camp!! I think that the demographic being targeted by the company were probably a typical Irish family, middle income bracket, shops in the big 3 supermarkets. However the picnic ad by the Battles probably resonated more with a family in a higher income bracket who buy Jamon Iberico from a fine foods retailer.
Agree. The ‘average’ family picnic doesn’t include tepandes, bowls of olives, fine crystal glasses and let’s not forget the butter dish…🙈🙈🤣🤣

Whatever happened to a bag of cheese and onion and a bottle of club orange.

She completely missed the mark with her reel for Brady’s

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
You will be delighted to know that I have just been contacted by Foxford Woollen Mills in relation to my recent complaint re Instagrammers. They want to discuss with me further…bring it on.

I see there's a fundraiser.. Pier swimming... Will she be on board i wonder, doubt it as she wont get a nice tshirt from galway 😂
Well if she does it will be the first time she has supported anything local…watch this space

• Heart

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
if your actually walking theres no way you wouldnt die from the heat of that coat ... standing on the beach its probably handy

also unfollowed alan clarke a few weeks ago but after Saharas tag i went for a gawk... is he actually driving and properly looking at himself talking into the phone?
I spotted him in her stories. I unfollowed too, he’s turned into everything he laughed and sneered at but we could all see it coming. Didn’t take him long to go full influencer and onto the selling gravy train. I heard he a bit creepy too sliding into dm’s..

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I think the Mayo lads have just #gifted Beggy her next 4 weeks content. Let’s watch her transform into Mayo’s biggest GAA fan!

Last edited:
  • Haha