Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
Literally every uni uses their Masters degrees as cash cows, that's no secret lol. It doesn't invalidate the degree at all or make it easier as long as a student applies themselves and works hard. Masters degrees are hard enough anyway without this elitism.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

swishswishbish1

Also with her tutoring, why on Earth does she still use her phone as a whiteboard when she's got the Microsoft surface? As someone who tutors online I cannot imagine how using her phone with this thick stylus would be comfortable and readable for the student – sure, someone may not be able to afford a graphics tablet/iPad, but when she already has a perfectly good device, can she not spare 15 minutes of her time to google how she could use it? Or ask someone? I can think of at least 3 ways she could make it work with a MacBook.
Might be a petty thing to point out, but with how much she charges I'd expect her to do everything she can for the sessions to be high-quality, and I can't imagine notes written on her phone with a non-bluetooth stylus are that. Especially since she basically abandon the Surface when there are so many people who would need a new laptop but can't afford it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Basically the entirety of her new video is her talking about something she deems ‘deep’ which isn’t actually deep at all.

she talks about the unspecifics of her personal growth as if that’s supposed to come across as mature and self aware without addressing any real issues.

does she address fully her workaholic attitude (which she still has and maintains)? No.

does she address her accepting change relating to her physique and physical appearance (which hasn’t changed since she was 11)? No.

does she address anything even closely related to anything eating related which she’s discussed before on her channel? Or that she’s talking to professionals? No.

she gives a wishy Washy moany excuse of a video trying to justify why her working behaviours are actually okay because she ‘enjoys what she does’ and actually isn’t a pure workaholic anymore. Oh and that she’s aware she won’t be a student forever..... no... really???????!!!???

Reactions: 25
Trying to word this very carefully but as much as I worry for Holly I kind of hope her struggling with this marathon will be her wake up call. I’m not saying I want her to hit rock bottom or get even worse doing this marathon but as someone with an eating disorder sometimes you need a wake up call and I hope this does that for her if it’s going to do anything.

• Heart

whatktdid

Did anyone else notice how Holly mom was watching her in the kitchen and commented on how Holly was eating PB out of the tub. I think she said something like: “you are not going to put that (the spoon) back in there, are you?”. I can’t help feeling that a lot of Hollys restrictive and rigid mindset might come from her mothers need for control.
Tbf, the bacteria in your spit does start to turn food bad more quickly. And if they were ever baking/preparing food for people not from their household and used that PB I doubt they'd want Holly's spit in it.

ECH

VIP Member
Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
-Her project is in rare genetic abnormalities
-She doesn't know if she wants to do a PhD in cancer biology yet
-She grew up in a household where people swear so that's why she swears (seriously wtf was this question)
-She's single
-She has never wanted to kiss a guy but couldn't
-She doesn't know if she'll ever kiss a boy
-She really misses travelling
-She'd like another cat if she moves out
-It's taken her a long time to feel happy about having a period. She does have a regular period now and wants to make a video centring on her period story. Her body has changed the most it ever has in the last two years. Says a lot about how women are meant to have periods (which felt like she was treading into slightly problematic wording to me).
-She says she is not underweight, she is a healthy weight and her body is functioning normally.
-She is 100% straight and is open to a relationship.
-She has a healthy relationship with food according to herself, especially because she's ok eating nut butters.
-She grew up eating plain food and that's why she continues to do so.
-She will never stop being vegan.
-She has a healthy relationship with exercise now.
-She wonders why people still label her as someone with disordered eating or an eating disorder.
-She's scared about having a boyfriend one day.
-She doesn't know what she wants to do after her masters and wants people to be ok being indecisive.
-She's not vaccinated yet but will be when she's offered it.

• Haha
  • Sad

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Whilst I don’t wish injury on anyone, in some ways it would be better if she injures herself during training and has to stop, because if she completes a marathon then it just gives her that validation that how she’s living is somehow ok and I can see things getting worse. If you’re ending up in A and E because your circulation is so poor that your hands turn blue then there’s no way you’re healthy enough train for and complete a marathon. It’s just crazy and honestly, I’m finding it hard to watch her videos at the moment as it’s such a horror-show. You can see a really sad chain of events unfolding and it’s a tragedy that Holly can’t seem to help herself.

• Heart

octoppus182

Really sad to see all these laptops being given to influencers who literally use them once and shove them away in a drawer when there are SO MANY students in this country who need them and don’t have access to them

• Heart

Asgyui

VIP Member
Emily has posted a video 'The Best Hormone Free Natural Birth Control' despite only ever trying one method, been on it for a handful of months and the obvious issue she herself lost her period for a massive number of years, so who knows if she is even fertile or can actually get pregnant! I hate it when influencers with no medical knowledge sprout incorrect or one sided information to young vulnerable or impressionable viewers. Emily claims she was only left with the option of the copper coil, it was a choice! BC is a massively individual situation and nobody knows how one individual would react. The family is so crazy with their medical/dietary beliefs!

• Angry
  • Sad

CatCafe234

VIP Member
am I the only one who felt like half of her latest video was a lie? she looks even skinnier than she was in Cambridge but she allegedly gets regular periods now?
I don’t think Holly is telling the truth about anything. You watch her videos and all it feels like is an effort to convince herself that everything’s ok. It’s just sad that she’s doing this so publicly and potentially influencing members of her young audience that living like her is a good idea. If she needs to talk to someone, she needs to be doing that privately and to a therapist who can push her a bit, and not to YouTube where she can delete anything she doesn’t like.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

nissigossips

So petty but I can't deal with her calling it 'terminal' over and over again, nobody says 'Im using terminal' it's 'I'm using the terminal' 😭

And her description of it was absolutely awful.

In case anyone cares, the actual definition:
The terminal is an interface that allows you to access the command line. The command line is an interface for typing commands directly to a computer's operating system.

Holly's definition:
'So terminal if you didn't know ... it's like you seeing inside the computer, you can control the computer without actually having to control it if you see what I mean?'

Obviously its fine to be a beginner at something! But I wish she didn't try to explain stuff before she at least has some sort of handle on what it is... (this applies to studytube as a whole)

Last edited:
  • Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Ohh she was in Liverpool for a beach clean up with my vegan!
Screenshot_20210517-200254.png

Screenshot_20210517-200215.png

I'm actually so happy that she has left her house and has met new people! (As someone from Liverpool I'll also be personally offended if she didn't enjoy it 😅) interesting that she has partnered with My Vegan but doesn't follow them on instagram 10/10 influencer

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Holly just sorta continues to embarrass herself online? Idk how she isn’t embarrassed with half her content???

rolling around on the floor of her bedroom, being an absolute crackhead with her sister, invading personal space of people she lives with, not being able to spell even though she’s legit been to Cambridge and is doing a masters, saying she hates working in groups even though she runs a tutoring business, showing stupid decisions like continuing to exercise on an injury, prancing around supermarkets like shes 5, making sexual faces when she takes a bite of spinach, filming her brother half asleep for TikTok, not knowing what WAP means but doing the dance anyways

like there’s just so much????

• Sick

treasuredintention

so from her video, she basically confirms to have actively suffered during her whole time at Cambridge, then getting her period a year ago (i think she might have posted today as a year anniversary since she says the date is so important to her) but also admits her mindset (aka ED thoughts) wasn't right ...

I'm so glad she's opening up about it (even though a therapist would still be better than her camera!) but she has gotten worse in appearance since last summer (right after she came back from Australia) so I'm worried that she is using her having her period as an excuse not to go further with increasing calories and esp. fat, not being underweight etc.. because "well I have my period so I must be healthy"

Holly if you're reading this, this is a great step in the right direction. Just be careful about the marathon training ruining your progress. Please eat a rich diet at least during your training. It won't hurt you, you'll benefit from it

kateps

Damn I wasn't aware of that video. Not surprised actually, but it's a shame. As a Greek living in the UK I die when I see people cook using a zero calorie oil spray or whatever. Literally a tablespoon of olive oil won't kill you.

Food is so much more than fuel, it's a source of enjoyment and pleasure and she's denying herself that altogether. Also it's not about calories, it's also about nutritional value and good olive oil has plenty of healthful properties. There's a reason it's such a staple in the Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the healthiest and most balanced lifestyles. She might be eating plant-based, but she's definitely not getting all the nutrients she needs, judging by the look of her skin and her hair.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Definitely agree, and also the half naked thumbnails really won't do her any favours
I’ve said this before, but I really don’t know why she hasn’t toned it all down a bit given that she’s now running her tutoring business. She’s marketing herself to GCSE/A-Level students and very few people that age will be able to afford to use her services without the money coming from their parents. Any parent with sense would Google what they’re paying for and it’s literally just one or two clicks to find Holly baring her midriff and talking about eating disorders, which doesn’t really sell her business and is more than enough to set alarm bells ringing. Honestly, if you had a teenage daughter would you want to pay to expose her to that in a 1-1 session, whatever the academic qualifications of the tutor?

I do feel sorry for Holly but she does come across as weirdly immature and I do think she’s going to have a bit of a wake-up call when/if she starts applying for jobs in the ’real world’. Academic qualifications alone aren’t the only skills you need.

• Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20210327-160140.png

Maybe I'm being dense, but what does her reply actually mean? Is she going to use the laptop or not? (I mean we all know what the answer is...)

• Sick
Reactions: 23