Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to word this very carefully but as much as I worry for Holly I kind of hope her struggling with this marathon will be her wake up call. I’m not saying I want her to hit rock bottom or get even worse doing this marathon but as someone with an eating disorder sometimes you need a wake up call and I hope this does that for her if it’s going to do anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Trying to word this very carefully but as much as I worry for Holly I kind of hope her struggling with this marathon will be her wake up call. I’m not saying I want her to hit rock bottom or get even worse doing this marathon but as someone with an eating disorder sometimes you need a wake up call and I hope this does that for her if it’s going to do anything.
I know healthy people who have done the marathon and broken toes during it, I dread to think the effect it could have on her as her bones must already be weakened

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It seemed to me like she wasn't sure what she would do after undergrad, so she went for the most obvious biology-related job. But after the rejection I think she realized she wasn't truly dedicated to becoming a doctor, given the fact that she never re-applied.

Oh and after she decided not to pursue medicine, she went down several different paths. First she wanted to a get teaching certificate, then she considered going into nutrition. Finally she ended up enrolling in the cancer master's. It's an interesting rabbit hole to go down if you wanna learn more.
Thank you for all your detailed replies! I am even more confused lol. She looks so young I could barely believe she‘s already doing a MSc but she‘s also done a gap year in between? Not that I judge her appearance other than saying she looks young but I couldn’t imagine her doing a teaching job either.

Reactions: 7
Thank you for all your detailed replies! I am even more confused lol. She looks so young I could barely believe she‘s already doing a MSc but she‘s also done a gap year in between? Not that I judge her appearance other than saying she looks young but I couldn’t imagine her doing a teaching job either.
Shes 23 I'm pretty sure if that helps, went to uni at 18, graduated at 21, took gap year, started MSc ages 22

Reactions: 4
Shes 23 I'm pretty sure if that helps, went to uni at 18, graduated at 21, took gap year, started MSc ages 22
Thank you! Yes I figured and that makes sense actually. My life is pretty different in that way so that‘s why I was confused

Can I just say I'm so glad Holly's thread hasn't descended into a thirsty mess like Ruby's did :LOL:
After this and the misposted thread title I'm going to have to check out ruby's to see what the hell is going on 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've ran a handful of marathons and half-marathons. I'm a 1:30 half marathon and 3:20 full marathon times. TBH she might not have any problems weight-wise if it's just the one marathon and she trains smart. Lots of female marathon runners sit in the just-underweight threshold. Molly Seidel, for instance, is tiny. It's a different story if her foot injury is a stress fracture though. Only cure for that is a lot of time off and weight restoration.

Also the 10km pace won't be her marathon pace. Marathon and 10km races are extremely different. Even a half-marathon pace doesn't translate into a marathon pace. Especially at London where the course has some hills. But a 40 min 10km pace is still extremely impressive even on a treadmill. I'd wager if she's running 40-50 minute 10km pace outside she'd be looking at a <3:30 marathon, which is great. It depends what her current highest-threshold run is right now, but if it's anything over 20km then at this point she's very prepared, and she might even be able to improve her pace between now and London. But, her goal might just be to finish! I care about my running times a lot but in my first marathon, my goal was just to finish haha!

Reactions: 8
I've ran a handful of marathons and half-marathons. I'm a 1:30 half marathon and 3:20 full marathon times. TBH she might not have any problems weight-wise if it's just the one marathon and she trains smart. Lots of female marathon runners sit in the just-underweight threshold. Molly Seidel, for instance, is tiny. It's a different story if her foot injury is a stress fracture though. Only cure for that is a lot of time off and weight restoration.
I think most of us aren't necessarily saying her weight is the problem, it's more nutrition that's the issue. If she was simply underweight but still seemingly eating fine, I'm sure there would be fewer comments, but she's underweight and doesn't eat enough and that's a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: 14
Yes but there is such a difference between being naturally a lower weight and being a lower weight bc you’ve starved yourself to get there.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This whole situation reminds me somewhat of what happened to Mary Cain:
Holly may or may not have amenorrhea, she eats hardly any calcium or protein, and I'm not sure if she's taking a vitamin D supplement. She suffered from anorexia nervosa during adolescence, which is a critical period for bone accretion. Everything points to her having horrible bone health.

Reactions: 11
Not gonna lie, I actually like her earth Day Instagram photos quite a lot compared to what she usually posts. The outfit is nice, the photos are okay for once (although I don't see the need why you would need ten of them, but okay) and they have a genuinely nice 'vibe'.

(The hair and body is scary though.)

Not gonna lie, I actually like her earth Day Instagram photos quite a lot compared to what she usually posts. The outfit is nice, the photos are okay for once (although I don't see the need why you would need ten of them, but okay) and they have a genuinely nice 'vibe'.

Agreed, it’s good to see her in trendy clothes for a change over leggings and a sports bra... even if she has only borrowed the outfit from Emily. And it’s nice to see her do some flattering angles and poses for once!

Reactions: 5

Okay. And then again there is this photo. How many red flags does one family need?

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.