Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Preferring sweet things for breakfast doesn't seem unusual per se. I think it just depends on what one is used to or thinks of as "breakfast food" - I like savory breakfasts but grew up with scrambled eggs or baked beans being something to have for lunch, and just have no appetite for them in the mornings. Yet I have no qualms about eating, say, a ramen dish for breakfast...

Anyway... frozen fruit imo goes great with a lot of stuff, but... with pancakes? Really? Especially when those pancakes already include hot fruit. Why not stew mixed berries into some type of sauce?

I feel like on camera it's often hard to judge how large a portion size actually is. Is it a large plate, a small one, how big are coconut bowls, how deep is a bowl..? But just based on how big the blueberries seemed in relation to the pancakes, I could ppersonally not have done an early work out, been quite active overall, and felt full after eating that portion. 🙈🙈 Maybe that's just me but I'd put away like... two times the amount probably 😅

Reactions: 13
Coconut bowls are tiny and are all the rage in the eating disorder world. You’ll find they actually don’t hold much food at all.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
sp she is clearly advertising that ucas thing in her stories, is it declared?

Reactions: 1
Q&A. She’s a healthy weight and has a normal relationship with both food and exercise 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
-Her project is in rare genetic abnormalities
-She doesn't know if she wants to do a PhD in cancer biology yet
-She grew up in a household where people swear so that's why she swears (seriously wtf was this question)
-She's single
-She has never wanted to kiss a guy but couldn't
-She doesn't know if she'll ever kiss a boy
-She really misses travelling
-She'd like another cat if she moves out
-It's taken her a long time to feel happy about having a period. She does have a regular period now and wants to make a video centring on her period story. Her body has changed the most it ever has in the last two years. Says a lot about how women are meant to have periods (which felt like she was treading into slightly problematic wording to me).
-She says she is not underweight, she is a healthy weight and her body is functioning normally.
-She is 100% straight and is open to a relationship.
-She has a healthy relationship with food according to herself, especially because she's ok eating nut butters.
-She grew up eating plain food and that's why she continues to do so.
-She will never stop being vegan.
-She has a healthy relationship with exercise now.
-She wonders why people still label her as someone with disordered eating or an eating disorder.
-She's scared about having a boyfriend one day.
-She doesn't know what she wants to do after her masters and wants people to be ok being indecisive.
-She's not vaccinated yet but will be when she's offered it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
-She grew up in a household where people swear so that's why she swears (seriously wtf was this question)
-She's single
-It's taken her a long time to feel happy about having a period. She does have a regular period now and wants to make a video centring on her period story. Her body has changed the most it ever has in the last two years. Says a lot about how women are meant to have periods (which felt like she was treading into slightly problematic wording to me).
-She says she is not underweight, she is a healthy weight and her body is functioning normally.
-She has a healthy relationship with food according to herself, especially because she's ok eating nut butters.
-She wonders why people still label her as someone with disordered eating or an eating disorder.
-She doesn't know what she wants to do after her masters and wants people to be ok being indecisive.
So: Q&A: My response to Tattle lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
Blows must mind a bit that literally every vlogger claims this. Either vlogging attracts this particular personality type (unlikely, if MBTI is something you believe in ... ) or they all just say this because they’ve read the definitions and it’s apparently the rarest and they want to claim it because it makes them ✨speshul✨. As for the rest, oooookkkkkaaaayyyy Holly, everything is fine.

Reactions: 13
To be fair to her I don't think the problematic wording was deliberate and she was probably talking more about being comfortable with being a woman vs a girl rather than making a comment on trans people. Predictions for the period video - using a mooncup, 'natural' ways of dealing with period pain (food and exercise), something about how being vegan has made her periods better/less painful and either completely avoiding talking about the ED or a brief, quickly glossed over mention of it

• Haha
Reactions: 19
To be fair to her I don't think the problematic wording was deliberate and she was probably talking more about being comfortable with being a woman vs a girl rather than making a comment on trans people. Predictions for the period video - using a mooncup, 'natural' ways of dealing with period pain (food and exercise), something about how being vegan has made her periods better/less painful and either completely avoiding talking about the ED or a brief, quickly glossed over mention of it
Yeah I agree, I think it was just slightly careless wording on her part. I do think her period video will gloss over the real issue around her ED rather than touching on it.

Reactions: 5
Do we know how tall she is? I have trouble believing that she's not underweight. I'm glad she got her period back though, but she didn't seem comfortable talking about it at all and it more so felt like she talked about it so people would stop asking questions...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do we know how tall she is? I have trouble believing that she's not underweight. I'm glad she got her period back though, but she didn't seem comfortable talking about it at all and it more so felt like she talked about it so people would stop asking questions...
5'4" I think

Reactions: 2
Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
-She's single
there's literally nothing problematic about saying women are meant to have periods lol. periods are an indicator of health...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
there's literally nothing problematic about saying women are meant to have periods lol. periods are an indicator of health...
Periods are not an indicator of you being a woman or not. Yes, having one can suggest someone with a uterus and pre-menopause is healthy, but it's not always the case and no one is more or less of a woman for having a period or not. I do just think Holly was being clumsy with her wording, but yeah.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why do people expect influencers to talk about their periods? Fine if they want to, but I think it's unfair to constantly bombard someone with questions about a topic they don't want to share.

Why do people expect influencers to talk about their periods? Fine if they want to, but I think it's unfair to constantly bombard someone with questions about a topic they don't want to share.
because Holly has an ED, looks super unhealthy and having a normal menstrual cycle at her age is a sign of ED recovery

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Excuse my ignorance, I’m the size that could “give her some of my fat” and still be bigger than average but would the age an ED starts impact how she looks in recovery. As in if it started before she developed a chest could it mean she will always be very small chest.

Reactions: 3
because Holly has an ED, looks super unhealthy and having a normal menstrual cycle at her age is a sign of ED recovery
But you could still be very unwell with an ED and have periods. I just find the whole thing of commenters nagging people to talk about their period is odd and weird. For example, on one of Ruby’s recent videos there were a few people wanting her to do a daily routine when she has a period. The charitable explanation for that is perhaps the studytubers have an audience with a lot of young women from countries where periods aren’t discussed that openly and they’re looking for advice, but the more cynical part of me thinks that there are some right weirdos out there and there’s a much less innocent explanation. It’s not like there aren’t already loads of well-made, educational videos out there on YouTube that cover female health - I don’t really think there’s a need for someone like Holly (who let’s face it, can’t add much informed, mature information to the discussion) to tell us whether she uses a mooncup or not.

I'm not agreeing she has an ED (I honestly don't know and I don't want to speculate), but seeing as she has told her audience that she has experienced disordered eating surely people should be even more sensitive to the fact that she clearly didn't want to talk about her period.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.