Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xekatinaz

Which country are you from?
Wageningen might offer places to ''average'' students, they still are one of the top universities in several disciplines (food technology for example). The best thing about Wageningen imo is the fact they are not as grade focused as a lot of other universities, there is very personal guidance and these people do not consider grades as the holy grail.
And a masters in Wageningen takes 2 years, so enough time to learn.
Yes, great research comes out of Wageningen but offering maters is how they fund themselves (which is ok but they don’t have the higher standards when it comes to accepting candidates)

Attachments

moosesauna

Chatty Member
@ her latest IG post: we had Holly in her garden with normal clothes, Holly in her garden with sports clothes, Holly in her garden with lazy clothes, what's next Holly in her garden in her pjs?? I swear she's become sloppier ever since moving back home
I don't see anything wrong with this? Is it the way she dresses or the fact her content is repetitive that's bugging you?

She certainly doesn't seem to have a passion for teaching..
Not many people do, really - it's incredibly tough work, even if you don't have a busy social life to balance alongside it.

ECH

VIP Member
I don't think she'd go on a brand trip right now without someone in her family, it's probably something for uni

emm

VIP Member
The exam paper is written as if a traditional exam so students are not expected to have to work more than the usual 2-3 hour time limit required but because of online learning etc. students are given 24 hours to complete the exam. It means students have the flexibility to complete the exam whenever suits best if they have caring/technology/covid/time zone complications. It's still marked as a time-limited exam (at least at my uni) so markers aren't expecting the same standards as an assignment that students have weeks to prepare. My students also stress out about these types of exams because they assume they should be as perfect as other essays/assignments etc.
wow... so judging by her watching and writing lecture notes over hours.... she really is taking this time... does this also not leave it open to students using books etc while doing the exam? I would think it would be better just to move to essays at this point?

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
anyone else get the vibe holly might have a crush on someone?
I got that vibe cos her last video she said she is dressing more feminine and doesnt show all her life etc
I just got the vibe maybe she's having her first crush??

emm

VIP Member
Yeah, it's open book. You're free to google things or use lecture notes etc. The difference is because of the time limit, in theory, there's no way to properly research a whole new topic so it's testing that you're keeping up with the module content and revision as you go along.
obviously you cannot research something totally new... but this seems like a totally differenent thing from a closed book exam? you can quickly check on things you know etc

nbx512

Chatty Member
Guys can someone please choose a new thread title and make it. I feel like I can't as I suggested one of the titles.

xekatinaz

It’s probably more likely it’s just so people understand what she actually did, natural sciences wouldn’t get as many clicks

And she did do biological natural sciences which is basically a fancy name for biology
Is biology her degree? I think not.
PS I’m in the bio field as well