Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From Holly's last video:
1. She claimed that her mental health been better than last year and she's happy with her progress.
2. She felt glad that she is starting to enjoy living at home as compared to before where she felt eager to move out.
3. UCL has announced that her Masters will be entirely online.
4. No research in wet labs but she will be doing dry lab research (computational biology/bioinformatics related)
5. Will she do a PhD? She is unsure, said will go with the flow.

Reactions: 13
Furthermore,

-concerns raised about Holly being visibly more underweight than usual, falling back into old habits?
-speculation regarding her attending therapy or not. Likelihood is she’s convinced herself she doesn’t actually need it.
-content is becoming increasingly samey and Holly is clearly stuck in a ‘groundhog day’ loop of a never changing routine
-worrying habits of never digressing from her routine (unless it’s for a challenge, like working from her bed or watching a Netflix show for the first time at 23)

Reactions: 7
I think it speaks volumes about her socioeconomic privilege that she's able to pursue a Master's degree for £15,000 without having any concrete plans as to what she actually wants to do with her degree.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I am actually very happy to see that she's excited for a computational research project (I'm very biased as I am doing a compuational STEM PhD), as she mentioned she didn't enjoy undergraduate labs, and these research projects will provide her with more transferable skills. However, I don't think she's mentally strong enough to work 3+ years on a PhD, but if she wants to apply to one I think she'll easily get one as she's very good at preparing for interviews, and she obviously has good grades, so I don't think it will be hard for her to find a PhD position if she wants to

Reactions: 8
Idk, I think in a PhD interview they'll weed out that she's not a team worker and if she's too grade focussed she won't get one.

Reactions: 14
Idk, I think in a PhD interview they'll weed out that she's not a team worker and if she's too grade focussed she won't get one.
That's true, the issue is that each supervisor probably looks for different qualities in potential candidates, so if they did accept her based on her grades there's a chance she might end up working in a group with a really bad work environemnt

Reactions: 10
It's great that she's excited about her project! Not enjoying lab work is totally fine, there are plenty of other relevant and valuable research environments.

As far as I know, a lot of natural science research projects really take part as "sub projects" (though they are still done independently) in a larger team, so maybe she'll warm up to teamwork more, too. This could also be a good opportunity if she's unsure about doing a PhD - she's clearly competitive and likes to pursue her own goals, but if she watms up to *some* team interaction and exchange, she might also thrive.

Reactions: 9
Who does a masters and/or a PHD just for shits and giggles?
Surely you’d only do it if you’re really passionate about the subject and research. Not just because you’re not sure what else to do with yourself.

she’s so lost

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
God I wish I understood what Holly's motto of "Just Go With The Flow" means and how I can apply this to my own life.. I mean it seems to be her go-to motto when she has to make a decision but I just don't understand what it means? What flow? How does she know where to flow??

But yeah I'm glad to hear her mental health is so much better but I just found it super weird that she was like "my mental health is better because I love living at home now!" As if that was the only criterium. As if wanting to move out and be independent was a bad thing. As if everything is fine as long as she's content to keep living with her parents. Idk I guess I just don't understand Holly

Reactions: 6
God I wish I understood what Holly's motto of "Just Go With The Flow" means and how I can apply this to my own life.. I mean it seems to be her go-to motto when she has to make a decision but I just don't understand what it means? What flow? How does she know where to flow??

But yeah I'm glad to hear her mental health is so much better but I just found it super weird that she was like "my mental health is better because I love living at home now!" As if that was the only criterium. As if wanting to move out and be independent was a bad thing. As if everything is fine as long as she's content to keep living with her parents. Idk I guess I just don't understand Holly
Holly struggles with being content living her own life it seems. She really wanted to move out and find independence, but.... global pandemic? Like, I understand her mental health wouldn’t be great, but surely she must realise that there’s no ‘answer’ or ‘solid reason’ to mental health??

like she seems to have it in her head that she’s all better because she’s finally allowed herself to feel at home with her family. But, there’s clearly a bigger underlying reason for poor mental health other than ‘not feeling at home’. There’s a reason why she wasn’t feeling at home, and that’s what needs to be addressed. God if she doesn’t end up going to therapy because she’s managed to ‘cure’ her mental health herself I’m going to flip.

Shes just going to have another wobble in a few months time, and she’ll be considering therapy all over again. It’s a cycle and she needs to break it.

Who does a masters and/or a PHD just for shits and giggles?
Surely you’d only do it if you’re really passionate about the subject and research. Not just because you’re not sure what else to do with yourself.

she’s so lost
I didn't take her statement like that at all. It's not uncommon to be interested in a topic enough to know you want to ursue a career in it, but to not know whether a PhD is the right path. Even with a PhD, you may not have your career figured out beyond those 3-5 years it takes to get one, especially not in a field in which there is such a huge industry. Holly seems indecisive or somewhat lost in many ways (what career does she want to take that makes a random clothing buisiness and a tutoring business reasonable side gigs? Why expand Hollygemia so much when it's not sustainable to do alongside almost any employment-based career?) but her not knowing whether she'll do a PhD is... ordinary and not a bad thing tbh

Reactions: 12
I can't get over how ill she looks at the moment
The fact that she’s been doing so much posing etc shows that she’s finding a sense of achievement in what she’s doing as well. It’s very very sad to see and I can only hope conversations are being had behind closed doors. Feeling bad for speculating on her health but she seems like such a lovely person, so just hope she’s okay. Worrying that her fans might want to achieve what she has though.
All being said, it was nice to see her dressing up and feeling confident and doing something different for her little photo shoot today.

Reactions: 12
I don't know how STEM PhDs work, but unless you're self-funding you can't apply for PhD's anymore in my field. Even all the collaborative projects have been advertised (apart from Scotland). Plus, they don't recommend you self-fund because it's hard. Again this is all in my field so it may be different, but I doubt it. The fact she's so on the fence about it really shows it's not what she should be doing - I really hope she doesn't!

Reactions: 2
I don't know how STEM PhDs work, but unless you're self-funding you can't apply for PhD's anymore in my field. Even all the collaborative projects have been advertised (apart from Scotland). Plus, they don't recommend you self-fund because it's hard. Again this is all in my field so it may be different, but I doubt it. The fact she's so on the fence about it really shows it's not what she should be doing - I really hope she doesn't!
There are plenty (relatively speaking) of funded STEM PhDs around.

Reactions: 10
:( the photo in her story with her sister is worrying, really hope she’s ok. She’s just so visibly thin now. It’s awful to watch.

Reactions: 5
Yeah it's kind of weird/sad how she says her mental health was bad a few months ago and now she's doing great again - and when you look at the photos it's clear that she's way thinner than she was a few months ago :/ hope that's not the reason why she feels better now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.