Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I think a coach would be really good because it’s somebody outside of her family so they stand a good chance of seeing all the problems with her diet that the family seem to just ignore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t get why she would go from ‘running in the fields’ (literally how she put it) to training for a marathon in 5 months. She barely nourishes herself for the runs she does now, how does she think she’ll sustain any goals if she isn’t willing to change her mindset?

She’s made it clear she’s not budging in her rigid routines and thought processes, so personally, as much as I want Holly to do well, I don’t think this will end well. She will probably look emaciated by the end of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah people often just want to do a marathon because that's the big scary goal but for longevity in athletics you want to start with the shorter distances and slowly work your way up. It helps condition your body, builds good speed that you can transfer and teaches you about how your body reacts to sustained hard work. Also it greatly

All of my run coaches have enquired about my eating habits when I first joined them but I told them I was vegan and confident in managing my own nutrition and left it at that. Occasionally when I've mentioned I was super fatigued during a run they may ask about my nutrition leading up to it but that's generally it. I don't think a run coach can or will cause Holly to change her outlook.

Has she said whether she's getting a coach?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If she’s rigid about diet I foresee an injury putting the whole thing in doubt
Yeah tbh I can’t see it happening, her foot injury probably hasn’t fully gone away I suspect (because she is not nourishing herself). I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up hurting herself.

Reactions: 8

Edit: Also she claims to have run a sub-40 10k (she's definitely lying). Looking forward to the sub-3:35 marathon time then Holly.....
View attachment 538221
How long has she actually been running as running sub 40 would be a almost unbelievable time for inexperienced runner with poor diet, for reference in 2019 only 92 women went sub 40 on 10,000m based on Power of 10 uk rankings, a lot of these were probably experienced/high level athletes. https://www.thepowerof10.info/rankings/rankinglist.aspx?event=10000&agegroup=ALL&sex=W&year=2019

Reactions: 7
I know barely anything about running, especially marathons. But the fact that holly appears to be incredibly malnourished and does not seem to be willing to change her diet, I just have a really bad feeling about this.
On top of the physical aspect of this, surely this is going to put a lot of mental strain on her as well. She’s always pushing herself to do well, she’s scared of failure. I feel like she’s going to put all her energy into training for this and she’s going to be mentally exhausted.
I honestly don’t know if I want to watch this journey she’s about to go on... :(

Reactions: 7
Yeah tbh this is the time for intervention, obviously she is an adult with her own mind but her family need to be stepping in here to stop her. Her body is under enough stress already due to malnourishment, the last thing it needs to do is train for a marathon.
The only reason her BMI isn’t super low is because she clearly has some muscle, but if she starts training and not eating, that small amount of muscle is going to disappear very fast and she is going to end up with a very low bmi

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If she claims to already be that good of a runner there would be no need for a charity place she would easily meet Championship entry criteria!

I wonder what Holly will do for fuel as during VLM they often have lucozade gels at various aid stations the lucozade sport. No doubt this is not vegan enough/natural/healthy enough for Holly who will insist 1/2 date sufficiently fuels her for the duration!

Reactions: 9
If she claims to already be that good of a runner there would be no need for a charity place she would easily meet Championship entry criteria!

I wonder what Holly will do for fuel as during VLM they often have lucozade gels at various aid stations the lucozade sport. No doubt this is not vegan enough/natural/healthy enough for Holly who will insist 1/2 date sufficiently fuels her for the duration!
I hope she takes it seriously and at least carries round sachets of nut butter or something serious to get her energy up if she won't take the gels. I'm actually growing increasingly worried for Holly doing this.

Reactions: 4
Niomi Smart (I think that’s her name) did the London marathon a number of years ago and made her own vegan gels.

I think a marathon is a disaster for Holly, it will provide her with a justifiable reason for over exercising. Didn't Natacha Oceane say the marathons/Triathlon only fed into her ED issues more.
There is a reason many decent runners only turn to marathons as they get older, Holly has damaged her body irreversibly already god knows how bad she will become in the next few months!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How long has she actually been running as running sub 40 would be a almost unbelievable time for inexperienced runner with poor diet, for reference in 2019 only 92 women went sub 40 on 10,000m based on Power of 10 uk rankings, a lot of these were probably experienced/high level athletes. https://www.thepowerof10.info/rankings/rankinglist.aspx?event=10000&agegroup=ALL&sex=W&year=2019
Exactly, its ridiculous that she saw that time on the treadmill and googled the percentage of runners that would put her in and shared that all over her Instagram stories without ever thinking "wait maybe if I've never run a sub-50 outside* the treadmill display is probably wrong"

*She has also said this

Hi, I only found Holly and her tattle very recently. Her rejection for medicine was recommended on my youtube and that’s how I found her and then I stalked her instagram and this page a bit more. She doesn’t strike me as the person who wants to become a medical doctor and work with patients rather I get more of a business vibe from her? I know she does a masters in cancer research or something?
My question is does anyone of you know if it was ever her goal to become a physician or was she always just interested in research?

I think it was the business side, I remember watching a video and her saying medical reporter but I could be wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Okay, so. I am training for London Marathon (and Manchester too, but that's another story). I've been running for a couple of years, but most London training plans start in June, giving her roughly 4 months, which is doable. I work with a coach, but she only deals with my running (generally nutrition is done through a sports nutritionist). HOWEVER, a coach will generally want to see how Holly's runs are going, and be able to spot her malnourishment a MILE off. You need to eat a LOT for marathon training (20 mile training runs burn a LOT of calories). Considering she's not even done a half before either, this is interesting. And I have a feeling it could end badly. (Also interesting about the charity place: I got in via the ballot, but for a lot of charities you have to apply for places and they select you? Could be more to it than that though, I'm not well-versed on the charity front). I'm worried this training is going to push her over the limits, and she's going to end up very ill. Which appears to be the only (if bleeping awful) way this girl is going to get any help.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi, I only found Holly and her tattle very recently. Her rejection for medicine was recommended on my youtube and that’s how I found her and then I stalked her instagram and this page a bit more. She doesn’t strike me as the person who wants to become a medical doctor and work with patients rather I get more of a business vibe from her? I know she does a masters in cancer research or something?
My question is does anyone of you know if it was ever her goal to become a physician or was she always just interested in research?
It seemed to me like she wasn't sure what she would do after undergrad, so she went for the most obvious biology-related job. But after the rejection I think she realized she wasn't truly dedicated to becoming a doctor, given the fact that she never re-applied.

Oh and after she decided not to pursue medicine, she went down several different paths. First she wanted to a get teaching certificate, then she considered going into nutrition. Finally she ended up enrolling in the cancer master's. It's an interesting rabbit hole to go down if you wanna learn more.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Can I just say I'm so glad Holly's thread hasn't descended into a thirsty mess like Ruby's did :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah and just to add to that - I always got the impression that Holly only applied to Cambridge Medicine because it was the most obvious/obviously impressive thing to do, rather than out of any genuine desire to be a doctor or anything. I think she didn't expect getting rejected, she's mentioned in other videos how it really threw her for a loop.

So afterwards she was unsure of what to do, applied for jobs as a high school biology teacher and got a job offer, but then refused it. She went on a gap year, took up online tutoring which she made into a business and talked for months about wanting to study Nutrition, only to change plans again (after getting several place offers and one rejection for Nutrition Masters). So then she decided that doing UCL's Cancer Masters would be the perfect course for her. So lots of twists and turns on that front, which made for interesting discussions on here haha

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh and after she decided not to pursue medicine, she went down several different paths. First she wanted to a get teaching certificate, then she considered going into nutrition. Finally she ended up enrolling in the cancer master's. It's an interesting rabbit hole to go down if you wanna learn more.
Yeah, it honestly seems to me like she's not very passionate for either of these things, I thought her Cancer MSc was a good decision in comparison to her going into nutrition, but with her everything seems like she does it just to be busy, not because she actually wants to pursue it further – like what is she planning on doing with that MSc?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.