Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in a country where olive oil is seriously abused 🤣
In some villages famous for their production older people have a spoonful of olive oil every morning - gross imo but they claim longevity and good gut health.
Seriously idk how this no fat and oils cult emerged and why it is so popular among vegans.

It really baffles me how after so many biochem classes Holly can’t beat her cognitive dissonance concerning nutrition

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In some villages famous for their production older people have a spoonful of olive oil every morning - gross imo but they claim longevity and good gut health.
Seriously idk how this no fat and oils cult emerged and why it is so popular among vegans.

It really baffles me how after so many biochem classes Holly can’t beat her cognitive dissonance concerning nutrition
I have noticed from various other youtubers I have (in the past followed) who were ex ED sufferers that olive oil is often one of the "fear foods" that even once they were more or less recovered they couldn't cope with

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Fr I live in spain and tbh I can’t remember a day when I haven’t consumed olive oil. Maybe I am biased but the idea that olive oil is bad for you is just simply not a concept I can get my head round. Obviously to consume too much of any food is going to be bad for you, but to cut ALL oils out of your diet completely and then slag off olive oil in particular just blows my mind lmao.
Also it confused me when was banging on about sustainability in the video and then recommended having avocados instead of oil? It depends where you get them from but I always thought most of the ones you find in the UK come from far away which isn’t fantastic for the environment

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Which video was this?? omg I get that the increased consumption in saturated fats/ deep fried foods is one (1) of the causes of increase health issues, but this really shows how stupid and deep in an ED she is... yes using too much olive oil can become empty calories if there is more oil than salad, but one teaspoon of cold pressed olive oil in your whole salad has so many benefits!! *you can use more ofc but I meant this for someone like her who is still very scared of olive oil *

I would really like to know if the unis that she applied to for nutrition found her channel and thought sis knew nothing about nutrition....
Here's the link - though to be fair, it's a few years old so maybe (hopefully!) Holly's views have changed since then-

• Sad
  • Sick
Here's the link - though to be fair, it's a few years old so maybe (hopefully!) Holly's views have changed since then-

I'm so glad that most of the top comments on that video seem to be disagreeing with her, but it's still worrying that she was putting views like that out there.

Good luck avoiding all fats Holly, the brain is mostly made up of fats. Her skin and hair already show signs that the body is cutting out non-essential functions in order to preserve nutrients for the important stuff, and the longer she continues with the irrational avoidance of major food groups, the worse the outlook for her brain health. She’s going to age way too quickly inside and out. A spoonful of flaxseed isn’t going to cut it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Damn I wasn't aware of that video. Not surprised actually, but it's a shame. As a Greek living in the UK I die when I see people cook using a zero calorie oil spray or whatever. Literally a tablespoon of olive oil won't kill you.

Food is so much more than fuel, it's a source of enjoyment and pleasure and she's denying herself that altogether. Also it's not about calories, it's also about nutritional value and good olive oil has plenty of healthful properties. There's a reason it's such a staple in the Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the healthiest and most balanced lifestyles. She might be eating plant-based, but she's definitely not getting all the nutrients she needs, judging by the look of her skin and her hair.

Reactions: 24
Damn I wasn't aware of that video. Not surprised actually, but it's a shame. As a Greek living in the UK I die when I see people cook using a zero calorie oil spray or whatever. Literally a tablespoon of olive oil won't kill you.

Food is so much more than fuel, it's a source of enjoyment and pleasure and she's denying herself that altogether. Also it's not about calories, it's also about nutritional value and good olive oil has plenty of healthful properties. There's a reason it's such a staple in the Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the healthiest and most balanced lifestyles. She might be eating plant-based, but she's definitely not getting all the nutrients she needs, judging by the look of her skin and her hair.
The zero cal spray is full of chemicals that not only destroy your pans and taste awful but probably have a much worse effect on your body than a little bit of oil! Oil phobics are usually always people with disordered eating habits who are scared of the extra calories, and try to come up with ~~scientific~~ reasons to justify that source: personal experience of being a bitchy anorexic as a teen. To put this stuff out there is dangerous and could tip a lot of younger viewers towards restrictive eating. Glad to see that the comments were mostly against her views!!

Reactions: 15
The zero cal spray is full of chemicals that not only destroy your pans and taste awful but probably have a much worse effect on your body than a little bit of oil! Oil phobics are usually always people with disordered eating habits who are scared of the extra calories, and try to come up with ~~scientific~~ reasons to justify that source: personal experience of being a bitchy anorexic as a teen. To put this stuff out there is dangerous and could tip a lot of younger viewers towards restrictive eating. Glad to see that the comments were mostly against her views!!
yeah! honestly I won't blame people who buy them to try to cut calories here and there to get in shape, but I think it's much more worth to have real oil in a spray / the spraying is what's going to save you the excess calories by controlling your portion size and distributing the oil much more evenly on the pan :)

she's eating bland leaves and imported exotic fruit based, not a proper healthy vegan diet

Reactions: 6
It continues to boggle my mind how on earth she was accepted by multiple nutrition master's programs. The master's program I am interested in rejects tons of qualified, passionate applicants every year because it's highly competitive. So to see Holly waltz into these nutrition programs in spite of her dangerous views on nutrition is kinda annoying.

Reactions: 11
This comment on her 'no oil' video is soooo true - when does she ever eat anything that isn't a fruit or veg or nut butter?!

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 20.09.24.png

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Someone who goes through a treatment plan and gets fully recovered from anorexia will know that no foods are off limits. Oil is encouraged as it’s often a fear food for many. Meat is also avoided because of its substantial caloric value.

Holly is a textbook unrecovered anorexic who is lying to herself about why she doesn’t eat the foods she avoids. She’s in denial. She’s got so many problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Someone who goes through a treatment plan and gets fully recovered from anorexia will know that no foods are off limits. Oil is encouraged as it’s often a fear food for many. Meat is also avoided because of its substantial caloric value.

Holly is a textbook unrecovered anorexic who is lying to herself about why she doesn’t eat the foods she avoids. She’s in denial. She’s got so many problems.
Someone can be fully recovered and still not eat meat though. There are many good reasons why one may not want to eat meat. Oil, however, there aren't really any (non-ed) reasons to avoid.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
On the oil topic, actually putting a little bit of olive oil on your salad helps with nutrient absorption from veggies! Vegetables are hard to breakdown for our bodies as humans so a bit of oil actually helps us absorb fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) so if anything, she is being less "healthy" (Source: my human nutrition and metabolism class in uni.. and I wasn't even a bio major so I don't believe Holly has never learnt this)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Holly doesn’t want to learn things that will tell her to eat foods which have lots of calories. Selective learning is real here

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.