Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
The oil thing is incredibly emblematic of an eating disorder. There is even one kcal spray if you are really bothered about adding calories but no person without a serious eating disorder is worried about the amount of oil you use in food.

Some of the healthiest and longest living people in the world have huge quantities of olive oil in their diet so it really shows Holly has a serious problem if she's refusing to cook with healthy oils or sprays.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

nissigossips

I've just watched the Q&A video, and if you listen she says she does not consider herself underweight because shes reached a weight where her "body functions normally". So I don't think shes saying that BMI wise shes not underweight, I think shes made up her own definition, which is concerning 🤔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

hpprotego

Chatty Member
It wasn't that she bought an iPhone, it was that she went through three phones in the space of a year.

And there are things Holly could buy which are sustainable. Holidays (outside of the pandemic). Running coaching. Virtual spin class membership. Even just a nice takeaway.
Exactly! Tbh I couldn’t care less about what Unjaded Jade does, that’s irrelevant here. With Holly, it’s that she never treats herself to things which make life fun. Takeaways, nice puddings, some new running tops (she’s always banging on about how hers stink!). Anything she gets is gifted- new phone cases, trainers, food to try. Why can’t she treat herself once in a while? She clearly enjoys getting things so why not give yourself that joy of receiving nice things more often???

Its like she tries to deprive herself of general fun in life. Like, everyone is different, but she seems to be SO bland.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Avocados still have less of an environmental impact than meat. Eg. For every kilo of lamb consumed, 39.2kg of CO2 is emitted, which is over 46 times larger than an average pack of avocados. Avocados are also a great source of nutrients for vegans, and one of the few sources of fat in Holly's diet. But by eating them so frequently, along with fruits such as mangos, Holly clearly isn't being mindful of making her veganism as sustainable as possible.
Her veganism is clearly not based on environmentalism anyway is it? it is just another way of her to restrict

• Heart

nbx512

Chatty Member
oh man how sad to be 23 years old and have people wondering if you're having your first crush
The publicity of it maybe but there's no shame on having your first relationship or even crush later in life. Plus 23 is still really young in the scheme of things!

• Heart

nbx512

Chatty Member
Why is she so passive aggressive??? I get where she’s coming from but Jesus....
And why did she need to specify it was her masters at UCL.

Hey Holly, I've written a better reply for you:

I'm still at university but doing it online. That said I won't be there forever but I still hope you enjoy following my journey.

I hate that she’s got her hands and SHOES all over the poles
I find it extremely rude of her to do that in public spaces. The poles are meant for people to hold onto not for you to do some circus tricks. It's so nasty to get your shoes touching it. It's no reason to act like this even if it's your first time after a long time travelling outside your home. Have some decent respect lol. I take public transport on a daily basis and it pisses me off to see people behaving like this.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
The other thing that bothers me is how much she complains about changing a bed. You’re 23, stop getting your mum to change your sheets for you. Oh, and at least you have a £1m house to stay in.... yno???
It is actually so cringe, my mum would not bother changing my sheets for me above the age of 14, let alone age 23. I feel bad for her because of her problems, but with stuff like this its just like... get a grip man

DietGossip

VIP Member
This is not acceptable AD declaration. Does anyone know where I can report her? Makes me really angry.

View attachment 485006
No. No. No. NO.

Holly NO.

Ugh this has actually really annoyed me. My uni are doing these 24 hour exams and this is completely misrepresentative of what they are. It's an open book system that means you have 24 hours to complete it- you SHOULD be doing it in normal exam time- so about 2 hours (ish, it could be more or less). It's designed this way to make it accessible to everyone- not so you stress over it for 24 hours. This is the kind of shit I have to tell my students not to watch or pay attention to. We're all already stressed out over online working, and this kind of content makes it so much worse.

• Heart

LitNerd

Chatty Member
What I don’t get is why a study tuber would need a whole separate channel for their academic subject? I understand sometimes you don’t want to discuss essay ideas etc because of plagiarism, but at least overall I’ve never understood why the big channels like Holly and Ruby never seem to think that including the actual content of their degrees etc would make their literal study content more interesting rather than hundreds of interchangeable routines

• Heart
Reactions: 26
To answer your second question, it's cuz "I've never done one before" and "I've been out and about mingling so might as well". Not her exact words, but you get the idea. She probably think she's being cool and trendy by taking the test that everyone else has taken, which is so dumb.
She might as well take two pregnancy tests, then, just for fun

Can see the title:
AM I PREGNANT?? | Study with me | Virgin "Cambridge Biology graduate* with anorexia

• Haha
  • Wow

treasuredintention

Holly: meets people for the first time in ages due to a brand deal

Holly ten seconds later: How I made friends - Super social Cambridge vegan graduate that has real friends for real

• Haha
  • Sad

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Just watched her newest vlog and damn, Holly really doesn't know how to take care of herself does she? She said she was feeling ill with an intense headache, nausea, sweating a lot, and extreme tiredness - and yet she went ahead and spent the day working at her desk doing data analysis. Sure, she said in the video that working probably made her illness/symptoms worse, but only to immediately add that "on the plus side", she got a lot of data analysis done that day like?! There's clearly something very off in the way she responds to her body's signals.

And also not a great thing to promote on her youtube channel, especially in pandemic times. And especially since she also said she kept working cause it'd be awkard to call in sick when uni is online? Like wtf, what kind of douchebag professor would tell a student to keep working while ill? Surely she could've taken a bit of time off to rest and maybe get her symptoms checked out? What kind of example is she setting here??

• Heart
  • Sad

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Not Holly once again being disappointed with a ‘bad grade’ I.e. a low(er) distinction grade for ONE 700 WORD ESSAY.

Not only do employers not care about grades but they legit will not care if one particular essay is one particular grade. Jesus Christ it just once again goes to show the tiny bubble Holly lives in.

• Haha

pbjellie

I've been such a long time lurker on this thread but finally had to post something !! (Sorry for the long post lol)

I can unfortunately relate to Holly's story in many ways, I too suffered from an ED in my late teens which I am still recovering from (am in my early 20s now so was recovering during uni etc.) and lost my period which I am yet to get back. What is mind-blowing to me though is how little support her parents gave her, my mum marched me to the GP who immediately referred me to CAMHS and I had weekly therapy sessions. Unfortunately how or if you recover hinges on your personal attitude and to some extent you have to take responsibility for your own recovery, I was threatened with inpatient but managed to stay at home, do my A-levels, go to university and recover on my own and with my mum's support, rather than just pretending that I didn't have a problem.

I also became vegan in my recovery (like loads of ED sufferers as it's a great way to restrict sadly) but the difference between our diets is staggering, I eat an abundance of carbs, fats (not just a tiny drizzle of tahini), protein etc. and eat 3 meals + snacks everyday, also don't claim veganism *cured* me haha. I also exercise way less than Holly (basically just walking and yoga definitely no running or HIIT etc.) yet I still don't have my period back after many years in recovery and restoring my weight + higher body fat% than Holly based on looks. I find it hard to believe from looking at Holly that she has her period, I'm not suggesting that she is lying but sometimes people get their periods back when still underweight (I think it depends a lot on the individual) and mistake it for a sign that they are healthy and can continue as they are. I worry a lot about the health impacts of my ED so it blows my mind when Holly shrugs off the risks of low bone density which don't just end when your period returns, she's had years of no period (like me) which is a crucial time for building up bone density so she is still at risk of osteopenia/osteoporosis, so doing a marathon without fuelling herself properly or even checking her bone density before starting her training programme just seems insane to me.

• Heart