Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Can influencers stop referring to their accountants as “staff”. They are not your staff. You are THEIR clients. Get outta here with your fake CFO shit!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I think the thing with Suze is that she has a wide frame. So even when she's lost a lot of weight, her bone structure is bigger... So she's never going to be a size 4 and look emaciated. However her rapid weight loss and noticeable obsession with her size are still concerning, and she is probably in more danger than she looks.
Thank you for this. Not trying to target anyone specifically who’s commented in the thread here but from a few of the things I’ve read I want to say to everyone please be considerate that other people with EDs (and Suzie herself most likely) will be reading your comments, and the idea that she “isn’t really that skinny compared to me” is irrelevant to an eating disorder, as they are deadly at any weight. Secondly it’s going to trigger someone and push them to starve themselves more in order to be viewed as “valid”. People who aren’t underweight die of eating disorders all the time. Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder (no idea what her exact diagnosis is of course) have the highest mortality rate of any mental health problem.

I don’t like the girl (she wasn't nice to me when I met her) but that doesn’t mean I’m going to withhold sensitivity to a very serious mental health problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Hi, I'm new round here :)

I think the reason why she's so boring and talks for ages without actually saying much is because her world must be quite small and choosing her outfit and mulling over which terrible Zara body to wear is a big part of her day!? She makes getting dressed into a long ordeal when, in reality, most of us just open the wardrobe and wear whatever is clean and appropriate for the day ahead. Maybe she's really passionate about fast fashion, maybe it's some kind of hobby, but if I had the spare time and money to put that much thought into my clothes... I still think I'd rather put the energy into something else.

The awful reels are hilarious but where is she going to wear all this stuff!? It's freezing outside most of the time in the UK. Imagine her on her daily walk in some of these getups. I know its nice to make an effort, but..... I don't get it.

Also, do these influencers know that they can wear clothes from last Spring? Just because it's a new season/ new year doesn't mean you have to buy more shit. what happened to the clothes from last Spring? She could even make a video styling outfits from clothes (sorry, 'pieces') she already has.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I sort of hate myself but I put myself through that utter bore fest of a vlog. 'Most people don't think about all of these outfit details do they' witters Snoozey. No Sue. No they fucking don't. I don't think about the tones of my hair and how they may or may not suit certain shades of blue as the seasons change. I don't look at the friends that I haven't seen properly for months and question whether they have matched the tones of their bag to their top. I don't think about the direction the wind is blowing in and whether this may affect what I have chosen to wear to drink a coffee.

Why I hear you ask Snooze.? Because I'm normal and I have a life. I wake up, get dressed and then go about my day.

Imagine making the loosening of the restrictions about your fucking clothes. I want laugh and smile with people I haven't seen for ages. They could be in a bin bag for all I care. So could I.

Fuck me. She's not right.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

poopettemetis

VIP Member
It really bugs me when women like Sue - conventionally attractive who do basic hauls and basic makeup tutorials and basic vlogs - tells people to embrace their weirdness. Like girl. Come on. You pander to societal expectations and norms in all things you do. You’re as basic as they come.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Sorry if OT but please could you explain why it was problematic? I watched it and found it really informative!
Some of the data they gave was inaccurate (this coming from friends who work in fish and wildlife roles). I also took issue with the fact that there are millions of people - majority of whom are indigenous and/or live in the global south - who depend on fish as their main source of protein...so can’t just stop eating it. There have been some pretty amazing advances in aquaculture they didn’t delve into, not to mention the millions of people who engage in small scale fishing for their livelihoods and food and who have knowledge of the land and sea we’re all trying to save. It’s one thing to say “down with industrial fishing!”, but super disingenuous to completely brush aside the many good things that are happening (fun fact: there’s an org in NYC that cultivates oysters in the Hudson, contributing to habitat rehabilitation and reviving early mollusk populations) and encouraging viewers to support those initiatives. As a huge policy nerd, I was really disappointed that they gave no policy solutions. And this is just a personal annoyance, but I didn’t enjoy the jumping from issue to issue. Also, the science community has not been very supportive of the doc either.

The Faroe Island whale culling I know rubbed people the wrong way, but actions like these are common for indigenous cultures (or super remote cultures). We might not understand it, but for them it’s sustenance for the year or tools or warmth or building materials. It’s a form of cultural imperialism to say to these people “no, you can’t do that”.

I don’t eat fish or meat regularly, but when I do I try to eat as seasonally and locally as possible. At the end of they day everything in moderation, eat as locally and seasonally as possible, and remember that living in the global north gives us the privilege many don’t have to choose our diets.

BACK TO SUE!

I can’t get over how ridiculous those white corduroy (is that what they are) pants look. She looks like she’s stepped out of an 80s movie because they’re so baggy on her such sMoL frame.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

Rondoodle

VIP Member
A couple of years ago Suze and her ilk made out they were such boss babes running their empires from home, working soooo hard and getting glammed up for ‘meetings’. Now we all work from home. Like actually work. And they have no more meetings. And it all just looks a bit sad and pathetic doesn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

NurseCN

As an ex anorexic, her daily ‘I’m going to have a hot cross bun after starving myself for as long as physically possible’ is a huuuuuge sign of disordered eating to me. I’ve started to find her extremely triggering and it’s so sad

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Rondoodle

VIP Member
How much time does she spend just pouting at herself in the mirror and taking selfies :eek: Its actually quite frightening that she obsesses over herself to this level and also expects others to as well. I mean asking if we are Team Blonde Suzie or Team Brunette Suzie! How about Team no one gives a fuck Suzie because its your hair and your choice?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Geranium

VIP Member
She really can’t win can she? Ridiculed for being “too big” and criticised now for being “too thin!”

Reactions: 23

poopettemetis

VIP Member
That was so fake... who goes to the trouble of heating them up in the oven only to show them to the camera (she made sure of that) and then set them down and talk for several minutes? Why did you heat them up? She even said aloud how awkward it was that she was holding the plate up to the camera like that, it was 100% that type of ED behaviour where you’re like ~oh what’s this, just showing some chill food I totally eat~, but it’s so bad that you can’t even show yourself taking even one bite on camera. I’m sorry but the way she put the plate down and then after rambling on was like ‘gonna go eat these now!’ ugh, so cringey.
I would like to know why, if she’s eating sOoOo many buns, has she not gone to Aldi to get herself a proper toaster/convection oven! What a waste of energy to heat up bread, in the oven, with the door open.

At this rate, she should just open her own clothing crematorium because this WHOLE outfit needs to be burned then the ashes buried. While she’s burning this outfit, she can toast her buns 🥴

78FDFDC1-7B52-4868-BC43-7240F2A9BFFB.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Ah I’ll never forget that bossy bitch phase she went through post break up with josh 😆 she looked like she never washed

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Mmmdot

She constantly repeats herself too. She’ll say a sentence then she’ll say the exact same thing but in a different way. Meetings with her must be strenuous.
This just reminded me (lol) that I hate how she refers to normal things as “meetings”. Like she had a “meeting” with the car salesman last week. As if it’s some kind of important business transaction instead of them selling her a new car she doesn’t need. Ughhhh.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

poopettemetis

VIP Member
All I know is if a friend or family member walks in looking like they just stepped out of a NastyGal product page, they will be asked to kindly remove themselves from the premises...but to please leave their gift on the table. Thank yew ✨

• Haha
Reactions: 21