Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kotare

VIP Member
“She’ll be back on a playboy’s yacht

Jeremy Clarkson piling in acerbically on the actress

“Clarkson goes on to highlight that the British monarchy has persevered for centuries, with kings beheaded and queens executed. There have been affairs and abdications, and still it survives.

"It even managed to survive George III, who was so mad, he once spoke nonsense for 58 hours straight. This is a man who let America have its independence, and who once shook hands with a tree believing it to be the King of Prussia," Clarkson says.”

And if the British monarchy can soldier on through that, I’m fairly sure it’ll be able to weather the banal musings of a silly little cable TV actress."

He says Markle is "toast" and that within five years "I suspect she’ll be posing for photographs, on her own outside the Taj Mahal or sitting on the back of a playboy’s yacht in the Med".

Go Jezza

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 133

Farringdon

I read the posts on the last thread which showed Meghan on one of her first visits with the queen and on the balcony with Kate and it made my blood boil.

There are “done” things in Britain, which the royal family adhere to for good reason. but it isn’t just the Royal family that are a stickler for rules and a bit “stuffy”.

Meghan prefers wearing her hair down or at least with strands. She wants to wear her style of clothing (neutral tones, minimal). The reason Kate wears bright clothing is so she stands out in a crowd and looks cheery. She wears hats and usually ties her hair back because it’s tidier. It stops her playing with her hair or having to worry about pushing it back.

Another age old institution in the U.K. is the court system. I won’t go into my job but let’s just say I’ve spent years in court. There are rules about what you should or shouldn’t wear. Shoulders covered, hair tidy. Tights are a must (I was told off by a barrister for having bare legs in July!). Knee length hems or longer.

the reason is out of respect, to the monarchy who is being represented in the courts but also to the serious work being done there. People being judged for serious offences. Justice being offered for those who have been victim of grace offences. Love them or loathe them the royal family are living representation of thousands of years of history which has shaped british and modern western culture. They are ambassadors for the entire commonwealth and for the causes they champion.

If Kate walks out on the balcony, being photographed by newspapers worldwide, and her dress is creased or her hair is messy then what does that say about her and how poorly does that reflect on the institutions she represents? Never mind what it says about her as a person. Meghan let herself down more so than she let anyone else down by refusing to adhere to simple advice that would have been given to her. She would never have worn that brown silk Gucci dress without a hat which wrinkled and then had her uneven parting on display.

I didn’t always enjoy the rules - especially RE tights! But I understood the reasons for them. I respected the reasons for them. For whatever reason, her ego or her ignorance, it appears Meghan just couldn’t get her head around that.

• Heart
Reactions: 114

spangly

VIP Member
I really hope that Kate doesn't speak out. I honestly think there's no need!
Even if MM's 'truth' was the actual truth and Kate did make her cry - it's no big deal really is it? Tensions are always running high when there's a bridezilla around!
(I personally believe the first version of events where MM made Kate cry and even that's not a massive deal either!)

Stay silent and don't feed the trolls!

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Kotare

VIP Member
Dear Harry,

You had it all. A loving and supportive family. The beloved grandson of the Queen of England, the son of the future king of England and the brother of the future King of England. You had a devoted, loyal set of friends, many of whom you have had since childhood. You had the most wonderful healthy and fulfilling pastimes of riding, hunting, polo and just hiking the hills of many beautiful Estates. You were surrounded by people who cared deeply for you, people of fine taste and wide and varied interests. You did yourself, your family and your country proud. You served in the Armed Forces and excelled. You showed warmth and served the Queen, the British people and the Commonwealth with diligence. Then, one fateful day, you took up with a woman. Unlike you she came from a dysfunctional family, she herself so relationship challenged she became estranged from them all. She habitually ghosted people who, for whatever reason, she didn’t want in her life anymore. She married a man and to all intents and purposes when she didn’t ‘feel it any more’ she discarded him by registered mail. Her biological clock ticking, her job about to expire, she needed a man and she needed a rich one. She set her cap at you, you folded and very soon you were toast. Tears, ( did you know she can make herself cry in 3 seconds Harry?). Poor me, poor me, Harry, who cares about me, who asks about me, why can’t I have that tiara, Kate won’t take me shopping?

She wore you down.

You’ve become so weak and have such a diminished sense of proportion you even allowed yourself to be pranked on radio by Greta Thunberg pretenders. You dropped all your friends. Your life is Meghan, Doria,, Oprah and Gayle. You resort to cringe-making audio for Spotify and are happy to humiliate, merch and embarrass yourself However, all of this pales in comparison to what you did to your family and by extension the British people and the people of the Commonwealth. Your actions verged on treason. Who does that to parents, to aging and ill grandparents.? Your actions and those of the narcissist you married were selfish, despicable and unforgivable.

What have you become?

Who are you?

Man or mouse?

You are Prince in title only. In reality you’ve revealed feet of clay and that you’re a weakling, not unlike your Great Uncle Edward, who succumbed to the wiles of another calculating social climber

You will see it, but by then you’ll be broken and the British people will have rejected you absolutely

Regretfully

Kotare

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86

Baguette

VIP Member
I'm a fully-paid up member of the Lady C cult at the moment. Thinking of typing my posts on Tattle wearing an enormous brooch and a french-knotted silk scarf...

Her latest video tackling the Harkles' wedding

From the YouTube comments:

Hello from Santa Barbara, Ca! I’ve seen the grotesque couple driving around with a car full of security. Let me tell you, it’s not needed. No one here is chasing them. I’ve seen Ellen without security at the stores, Oprah in Downtown Santa Barbara without security. They look like normal people and don’t stand out. Being surrounded by security makes you stand out from the crowd. Most people wish those people would go because they ruin the atmosphere in a peaceful city.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

Sunraged

The polarisation these two have caused is fascinating. I'm particularly fascinated by the 'Meghan is telling the truth because she said it, and everything the Palace say are lies" brigade. These people can't see the contradiction in their assertions.

The interview with Oprah Winfrey was also interesting. Speaking in vagaries due to wanting to protect the people they're attacking could be seen as a very clever move, and something very similar to gaslighting. It does leave both Meghan and Harry with an 'out' "Oh no! We'd never say that-that wasn't what we meant at all!!", with an implicit threat laced all the way through the entire interview that they could blow the Monarchy into tiny little sparkly sequins for Meghan's next Oscars appearance.....oh no, scrap that, actually.

I actually don't believe Meghan Markle. I think she's a very convincing liar, but then most of the best lies are ones that have mimiscule fragments of truth embedded in them. When people are protesting about anything, they create their own narrative around it to justify the lie to themselves. The unfortunate thing is, that in calling her out on these things, you are at risk of a) being called a racist, and b) minimising mental health issues. On the subject of the former, I don't think it's possible at all to issue any kind of challenge to something that is being called racist, without being called racist-the politicing of the word is very powerful, and a remarkable shaming tool for anyone who wants to think and talk objectvely about it, and on the latter, people don't understand that ill people can do really fucking shitty things. Having mental health issues is not a free pass for shitty behaviour-I work in this field, and people who do shitty things are encouraged to take responsible for being shitty. I think there's a lot being said about Meghan Markle being narcissistic and psychopathic. We don't have enough information to make that diagnosis, but there is a history of behaviour that if true, points to some really dysfunctional ideas about how she can get what she wants.

The reason I don't believe Meghan Markle is because the current situation with her and the Royal Family, appears to be consistent with a pattern of behaviour throughout her whole life. There are numerous accounts of Meghan Markle cuttting people out of her life almost with the flick of a switch (splitting behaviours, perhaps?), and even her family weren't immune to this. There are also inconsistencies in her account that appear to be relatively easy to highlight, for example having her passport taken from her, not having any support, never being accused of bullying, and so on...

I'm perfectly aware that there's two side's to every story, but I find the whole account that the way she's been treated was purely down to racism in keeping with the current climate-if you disagree with me, you're racist, if you don't think you're racist, you probably are but don't know you're racist.

Harry looks like a man under her control. Discreet body language suggest Meghan Markle has power in the relationship, which is ok, as long as it's not for malevolent reasons, but there is again, history of controlling behaviours in her personal and professional life.

I remember thinking at the time: "If someone made a racist comment about my unborn baby, I wouldn't care who it was, I'd punch them in the fucking mouth". I couldn't see any evidence that there was a reaction to this, and I found it really odd that this accusation, along with all the other claims, weren't asked to be validated by Oprah Winfrey. It was almost a case of "just give us the icing-fuck the cake". It stank all the way through of using the interview as a vehicle to curry favour with whoever is at the top of Meghan's hit list.

The truth will out, I guess, and I might be wrong about all of this, but I have a sensitive nose, and I can smell a prick a mile off, and I have to hold my nose whenever I see these two. I'm very rarely wrong.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Chita

VIP Member
“She’ll be back on a playboy’s yacht

Jeremy Clarkson piling in acerbically on the actress

“Clarkson goes on to highlight that the British monarchy has persevered for centuries, with kings beheaded and queens executed. There have been affairs and abdications, and still it survives.

"It even managed to survive George III, who was so mad, he once spoke nonsense for 58 hours straight. This is a man who let America have its independence, and who once shook hands with a tree believing it to be the King of Prussia," Clarkson says.”

And if the British monarchy can soldier on through that, I’m fairly sure it’ll be able to weather the banal musings of a silly little cable TV actress."

He says Markle is "toast" and that within five years "I suspect she’ll be posing for photographs, on her own outside the Taj Mahal or sitting on the back of a playboy’s yacht in the Med".

Go Jezza
He succinctly explains what cis women are.
He says he " looked it up and its what we used to call women."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Appleblossom

VIP Member
Hits the nail on the head. Woke approved ‘racism’ is feelings based, shallow and surface level CRT subscribers. They never raise the issue of real racism.

I read the other week that it’s racist to tell someone they are ‘exotic’. I said out loud to myself oh fuck off that’s a bloody compliment. They consistently manage to take offence to well intentioned comments. Like with Rachel Johnson.

CRT believers/wokes are all narcissistic professional victims
What really worries me is how widespread and normalised wokeness has become.
About 20 year ago, I was head of department at a university. One day a fairly recently employed WOC (we'll call her X) appproached me about a long term collegue, (we'll call her Y)
X told me that Y had been racist towards her. I didn't believe this for a second. Y was incapable of racism.
I had to start the disciplinary process and called X and Y to an informal chat.
X started the accusations and hostility straight away until Y reached in to her bag and took out a photo. Her husband and 3 children. Her husband was a man of colour and her children mixed race.
When X saw the photo, she told us that, that made Y even more racist because she had stepped outside of her social circle, ethnicity and culture, just to rebel and be different. The make herself look better and more progressive.
I swear to f*ck, i stopped breathing for a bit because I was so shocked.
Roll on 20 years and if I heard the same thing now I wouldn't flinch. I would just roll my eyes and mutter "oh FFS" under my breath.
I think wokeness is destroying society, we have more intolerance, less equality, more aggression. Its a scary place out there.
I am left leaning and will champion any cause or injustice but I think wokeness is a form of mental illness.
Shit, that turned into a bit of rant.... Soz! 😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

cayenne35

I know this article has been shared but thought I’ll just copy paste the text here.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/03/20/friend-prince-william-no-racist/

A freezing night sleeping rough on London’s streets is a quick way to forge a friendship. There’s not much scope for formality when you’re trying to get some kip behind a wheelie bin, even if one of you is a future king. Seyi Obakin, chief executive of Centrepoint, the charity which supports homeless young people, has considered Prince William a friend ever since they bedded down side by side on sheets of cardboard under Blackfriars Bridge, 12 years ago.
The Prince and the Nigerian-born administrator kept each other’s spirits up even as the temperature fell to minus four: “He poked fun at me endlessly because I don’t do well in the cold. He’d camped out with the army. I said, 'It’s all right for you, I’m older and I’m not a soldier!' We both laughed. That’s the Prince William I know,” he says.
It was painful to watch that friend – whom he refers to as “PW” – last week, having to state publicly that “We are very much not a racist family” in the wake of allegations by his brother, Prince Harry, and his wife Meghan that their son Archie was denied security and not made a prince because of “concerns” about the colour of his skin.

The couple refused to say which members of the royal family voiced such concerns; Oprah confirmed that it was not the Queen, nor Prince Philip – which keeps Prince William among others in the frame. But that does not chime with Obakin’s experience at all. “I have never seen a hint of racism. Never. I have worked with him in close proximity for years. He has met my family. He’s never treated us with anything other than decency, dignity and respect,” he says.
Seyi Obakin, CEO of Centrepoint charity, recalls sleeping rough with Prince William

Seyi Obakin, CEO of Centrepoint charity, recalls sleeping rough with Prince William
Centrepoint, which has supported more than 14,000 young people in its homes and hostels across the UK during the pandemic, has just got planning permission to build 33 one-bedroomed modular homes in south London to accommodate young people moving on from hostels, part of an ambitious, multi-million pound “Independent Living Programme” enthusiastically supported by Prince William, the charity’s patron.
At the moment, young people who undergo Centrepoint’s education and training programme and find a steady job often find themselves homeless once more as they earn the minimum wage, so can’t afford a private rent and don’t qualify for social housing. The new housing is intended to create a “bridge” to self-sufficiency. Rents will be set not at market rate but as a proportion of income, so a young person on minimum wage will pay one-third of their earnings – £350 a month – for what would normally be an unreachable (if tiny) flat in London.
“I’m pleased that with PW’s help, his interest in homelessness, and with independent living in particular, we’ve been able to assemble a group of people who think this bridge is really important,” says Obakin. The group, which has spearheaded the development of the programme, includes financier Jamie Reuben and Javad Marandi, owner of Soho Farmhouse and designer fashion brands Anya Hindmarch and Emilia Wickstead.
Obakin has been the charity’s chief executive for more than a decade – and before that was finance director – but Prince William’s connection to the charity goes back even further. As children, he and Prince Harry were taken to visit Centrepoint’s hostels by their mother, Princess Diana, who ‘”didn’t want the boys to grow up thinking the whole world was 4x4 Range Rovers, shooting and nannies”.
Prince William took over from his mother as the charity’s patron 16 years ago, aged 23. It was the first patronage he took on.
“He said ‘if I’m going to do it I need to understand how this stuff works, can I volunteer?’ He came along a number of times and worked as part of a multi-ethnic team serving a multi-ethnic group of young people, talking to them about their housing benefit problems and ringing up the benefits office.
“One of the young people came in and said ‘You look like somebody famous,’ and he replied, ‘Yeah, people have said that to me before’ and just carried on. The kid was none the wiser.”
Prince William's first patronage was of the homelessness charity Centrepoint

Prince William's first patronage was of the homelessness charity Centrepoint CREDIT: PA
As Centrepoint marked its 40th birthday in 2009 the Prince wanted to do more to highlight the issue of homelessness. Obakin asked him. “What about taking that one notch up and sleeping out yourself?”
“Never in a million years did I think he would say yes,” he laughs. “then I thought ‘My god, what have I done? I’ve just invited the future king of England to sleep rough on the street.”
Centrepoint holds an annual sleep out for supporters, which is safe, controlled and fenced-off: that was not the Prince’s idea of sleeping rough. “He said ‘If I’m going to this I don’t want something genteel, something protected. I want an authentic experience. We agreed not to tell anyone. I did not even tell my wife,” says Obakin.
They picked a December night and crawled into their sleeping bags accompanied only by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the Prince’s then private secretary: “People said to me afterwards there must have been security but there wasn’t. There was just us.
“We did exactly what a young person who has nowhere to live would do. If you are sleeping rough people spit at you, people kick you. So we walked around looking for a spot and found this little cul-de-sac and got some wheelie bins to mark out our space.”
Next morning they got up around 5.30am and walked to a Centrepoint hostel in London’s Soho where the Prince made breakfast for the residents (before joining the Queen for lunch at Buckingham Palace): “He said he’d realised the noise of the city goes on all night You can’t really get any sleep because you’re alive to it every time someone walks past. He said it had been a challenge for him, with some military experience, to sleep out for one night and that if you were a young person with nowhere to go, doing it night after night after night, with no structure and purpose for the rest of your day, that would create havoc on your mental well-being.”
Obakin believes that understanding of how difficult experiences can impact mental health has informed the Prince’s work with Heads Together and made him a passionate supporter of giving people a sense of purpose as well as help: a hand up as well as a handout. Just over a year ago he opened an “apprenticeship house” for Centrepoint, where a number of formerly homeless young people working as apprentices in catering, warehousing and logistics are living together and supporting one another as they build careers with partner companies, including Amazon and Selfridges.
“Independent living is not just about houses, it’s about jobs, and guess what, everyone benefits,” says Obakin. “We have a young person who’s not depending on the taxpayer for social security but working and paying taxes. That’s a collective benefit. For the young person it’s fantastic, it means ‘I am somebody. I am of value. I am not just taking, I’m giving’. So many young people want to do that, all they need is the opportunity.”
His royal patron’s current troubles will soon pass, he believes: “All kinds of things happen in life for everybody. It’s never a straight journey.”
What he is sure won’t waver is Prince William’s commitment to ending homelessness. Without any publicity, he has insisted on making Zoom calls to a number of young people stuck in hostels in lockdown. Nobody put that on his schedule or forced him to do it, says Obakin. It’s a sign that he cares.
To make a donation go to: centrepoint.org.uk

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
Seriously how cute are Charles and Camilla. Can we seriously see a picture like this of Merkin and JCMH in 2 years time let alone 30.

I also loved the recent pics of Camilla at her desk phoning volunteers. Her desk looked like a shed and she had 100s of photos everywhere. I couldn't spot the doll so no doubt they'll be another puff piece about how hurt they are. The one thing which has slightly surprised but pleased me is just how bored everyone's suddenly got. This was their last big push and they blew it.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

freda19

VIP Member
I’ve got no business speaking for anyone else, but for my part...is there any way we can stop having the sugar tweets & IG crap posted? Some of us come here to escape all that.
Well you speak for me. I'm bored shitless reading people's experiences on twitter. I just don't give a rat's ass. :rolleyes:
It clutters up what was once a good sugar-free trans-free terf-free thread. If I want to read sugar shite I'll go look for it.
I'm biting my tongue, believe it or not.:censored:

Anyhoo, back on topic. Found this, from a guy who does specialist news stories, very niche stuff that involves actual work re digging and delving (important later in the post). Not mainstream and I doubt we'd recognise his name, even if he gave his real one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A basic tenet of news reporting is the Right to Reply. In other words, you cannot publish an allegation without giving the other party an opportunity to respond. Even if they say 'No comment' you've discharged your duty in that respect. But - and this is important - you cannot publish without a response.

But TV is slightly different. What happened on TV at the beginning of the week was one-sided and I'll politely describe some of what was said as dubious.

There was no immediate right to reply, nor did Winfrey come anywhere close to hard questioning - much less informed questioning. We got schmaltz-wrapped character assassination. I don't believe Markle because she's not believable. And not because of skin colour. I don't believe her because of her past record, a great deal of which is out there not too far from the surface of the internet. And there's only so much you can keep a cap on with injunctions and by being overly litigious.
Buckingham Palace, in some ways, gave the green light to some good, old-fashioned journalism (yes, it does exist). There's plenty out there on Markle and we may yet see some of it emerge in the coming weeks. It ought to.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70

Baguette

VIP Member
From this week's Grayon Carter Airmail newsletter, the view from Canada. Shinan Govani is a really-well connected gossip writer in Canada, knows Cory Vitiello and the Toronto Soho House crowd, and he absolutely has Megzy's number right from the beginning.

Canada Dry
How is Meghan Markle’s old Toronto crowd reacting to that explosive Oprah interview?

BY SHINAN GOVANI
MARCH 20, 2021

During the Sussexes’ Oprah interview, I was in touch with a young woman who was in Meghan Markle’s social circle back when the duchess was filming Suits in Toronto. For this friend, watching the interview re-acquainted her with an old friend. A four-legged one.

“Guy was the loveliest,” the woman said, looking lovingly at Markle’s pet beagle scampering across the screen. A regular at Toronto’s Trinity Bellwoods Park, Guy often served as a conversation starter that helped Markle make new friends.

But what about the duchess herself? That’s a little more complicated. As a longtime columnist in Canada who covers the social circuit, I’ve watched the Markle saga play out for years, beginning with her early days as just another B-level actress not without talent, and with a blog called the Tig.

“Trolling for Girlfriends”
From 2011 to 2018, when Markle was starring as Rachel Zane on the television series Suits, she lived primarily in the Annex neighborhood of Toronto, which is popular with students and young professionals. She later told the Toronto Star that she had spent her first two years in town doing sun salutations at Moksha Yoga and “trolling for girlfriends.” Eventually, the pursuit was fruitful, and she befriended Jessica Mulroney, the daughter-in-law of former Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney. The Mulroneys’ exclusive circle also included current prime minister Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie.

Soon, Markle was dating Cory Vitiello, a well-known chef. He was celebrated enough that, in those days, it wouldn’t be unkind to say that she was often seen as his plus-one. She also fell into the Soho House eco-system due to her friendship with one of its well-connected consultants, Markus Anderson, who opened many doors for her. This would prove to be decisive in terms of providing runway to the worlds of Hollywood and the royals. Indeed, some reports suggest that Anderson was responsible for introducing Meghan and Harry.

While the Mulroneys were front and center at the Sussexes’ 2018 wedding, passions have cooled in recent years. Rumors of a falling-out whipped the British tabloids into a minor tizzy. (Curiously, just this week, Instagram users may have noticed that Jessica Mulroney had posted a bouquet of birthday flowers, bestowed upon her by “MM.”)

“This Makes Pinocchio Look Honest”
In their interview with Oprah, the Sussexes strapped themselves hard to two pillars of the current American culture wars—namely, race and mental health. But these are issues that do not exactly resonate in the same way in Canada. While some Gen Z-ers are sympathetic to Meghan’s plight, there is generally a more nuanced understanding of the complexities at hand—the thorny topic of titles, and the financial issues around income and security, for starters.

If my D.M.’s could talk. I would hazard to say that 90 percent of the messages coming my way convey some degree of skepticism about the Sussexes’ latest antics. “I’d rather watch Coming to America 2 again,” says one man-about-town. “This makes Pinocchio look honest.” Another person, a socialite, wrote, “They say they want safety and privacy and then expose themselves on the biggest platform possible?” And a publicist added, “Meghan, who used to regularly call paparazzi on herself, says she doesn’t like the grandeur?” And finally a mutual friend wrote to say, “The woman who once emailed me her list of best restaurants in L.A. to get a chopped salad did not research the family she was marrying into?”

The Canadian press, which largely treated Markle with reverence during her royal ascent, has also cooled on her. The Sussexes’ two-month post-Megxit exile on Vancouver Island is partly to blame; there was a public outcry over the fact that Canadian taxpayers had been footing their security bill. The journalist Jen Gerson described the Oprah interview as “nothing more than a profile-building exercise for a young couple running through their inherited millions.”

A Toronto Sun columnist put it more succinctly: “This is a crock, bien sur.” At any rate, if things don’t work out in Montecito, don’t expect them to come back to Canada anytime soon.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
She's actually complained about not being able to take Archie to nursery or let him mix with other children because she's too famous - talk about delusional. I've said before, Kate manages to do the school run, pop into the local Sainsburys, was seen in the local Waterstones, etc. and she's married to and is the mother of future kings. Meghan just makes herself sound ludicrous by saying all this - I bet if she went out, dressed down and without loads of security around her like Kate does when she's not on duty, no one would take the slightest bit of notice of her. Everything she does is for maximum attention and 'look at me'. Look what she was like at Wimbledon when firstly she thought she was too important to follow the dress code so turned up in jeans so couldn't go in the royal box and then had the stand emptied and her security stopping people taking pictures of her, even though they weren't which was embarrassing!
This reminds me of something the British actor Richard E. Grant (of Withnail and I fame) wrote about in his diaries that were published in the early nineties. He spent part of the eighties immersed in the Hollywood scene off the back of Withnail and met or hung out with a lot of very famous actors and musicians, about whom he tells various anecdotes. He spent time with people as famous as Madonna, Steve Martin, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore at their peak, and went out with them to events and eateries etc, and he made a very astute observation - that even major A-listers are perfectly capable of going out and blending into a crowd to some degree and remaining fairly undisturbed - if they want to. Some such as Madonna really don't want to, and he made the point that he observed them engineering hysteria around themselves through the way they behaved in public. He contrasted going to an event with Madonna, who dragged an entourage with her, dressed like a movie star and went up to a balcony and leaned, practically hung herself over it to hit a spotlight and get the crowd's attention away from the act onstage (her own backing singer trying to start a career), to Bruce and Demi whom he met in a queue to go see one of their own films, who didn't get mobbed at all because they just dressed and acted normally.

Markle follows the Madonna pattern far as I can see. Engineer the appearance of celebrity and hope for attention to follow you. The photographer who spoke about her before she married Harry said she behaved like an A-lister with her entourage of 12 and stupid diva antics when she was a nobody in the business. Dragging a carful of security around a safe place like Montecito where stars are ten a penny and nobody bothers them fits the profile of someone who desperately wants attention, NOT privacy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

Stargazerlily

Fabulous. Would you be able to suggest suitable wording (e.g. important points to hit, but obvs in our own style)? Thank you.
Something like this perhaps (I found it more effective to send letter, because email contact was bogged down and email was just returned after 3 days):

Boris Johnson
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

Dear Mr Johnson

The monarchy exists only with the consent of the people and is accountable to the people through Parliament.

When do you plan to hold the Duke and Duchess of Sussex accountable for their treasonous disloyalty, as demanded by the overwhelming majority of the British people?

I respectfully request that you initiate action to remove Harry and his offspring from the succession. The justification for this is as follows:

Tempting as it may be to bury your head in the sand and keep passing the buck back to Her Majesty the Queen, this is no longer a purely private family matter. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have traduced not only their own family but also our constitution, the fabric of British socitety and the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. They have deliberately exposed us to vilification from around the world and incited division where previously there has been cooperation and commitment to improvement for the common good, of which we should be proud. They have justified this action with a catalogue of lies, cruelly brought before the public in the US and worldwide for maximum humiliation and personal financial gain. It is simply not acceptable that they should be permitted to do this from a position of British royal status.

Meghan and Harry have chosen for themselves a path which is incompatible with their retention of royal status. Royal status should be reserved for those individuals who assist the Monarch in fulfilling the Monarch’s role. That role is to sustain our hereditary constitutional monarchy, uphold our values (including integrity, free speech, fairness and natural justice) and act as the glue which binds us together within the UK and with the people of the Commonwealth, presenting our best face to the world and facilitating shared problem solving and mutual support. It is a role which necessarily comes with obligations and constraints – so, for example, it is by its nature a role which is in the public eye, which cannot be done in secrecy or under standard terms of employment, because it takes precedence over other interests. It cannot be combined with political activism, accepting freebies or making commercial deals for personal financial gain where conflicts of interest cannot be avoided. In return for this undoubtedly onerous commitment to public service, we bestow on royal persons significant wealth, privilege and opportunity.

Any and all persons with royal status should believe in the role, undertake the obligations with enthusiasm and be prepared to observe the inherent constraints. Harry and Meghan clearly do not – they have told us as much and that is their choice. The Queen, with the assistance of Parliament as necessary, should therefore remove all of their royal status – by which I mean titles, place in the succession (both Harry and his offspring), and any continuing funding from the Crown Estates or British taxpayer.

Yours sincerely etc

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I'm scared of posting these as expect someone, somewhere over the rainbow has probably posted these and I expect the whole 'who's the daddy?' think is as dull as Meghan is when she gives one of her woke lectures, but I think these blurred (sorry) photos are very interesting. I know Diana apparently didn't meet James Hewitt until after Harry was born, but...

I've included a photo comparing Harry to Charles Spencer and I personally don't find that massively convincing.

A thousand, thousand, thousand etc apologies if I have contributed to the misery of anyone by posting these, but how do we actually know what has been said before when there's often 50+ pages per thread and lots of threads? I do try to look, but it's moving quickly still and I now find myself feeling quite scared about posting anything at all. ☹
I think he looks a lot like the Spencers and the royals to be fair. But the big thing I wanted to say is DON’T feel scared to post anything. You post away. No one here is the thread police. I, for one, am interested in what you have to say and even if I wasn’t, I defend your right to say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I honestly don't agree with all this conspiracy crap as if you had any real power or influence, would there really be this massive shit show that they've managed to pull off? I mean everytime they have any good or sympathetic publicity they do something to over play their hand and lose it all within 72 hours.

Has anyone seen what Zara was doing to promote British fashion industry during Cheltenham? It just feels like they RF are stepping up and doing more of the same great stuff and just highlighting how self obsessed and insignificant those other two are.

I reckon as JCMH shots have caused barely a ripple the old moon bump will be strapped on today. What month do we reckon? I'm going for the good old 8 months one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

LouiseJJ18

Chatty Member

Go BP go. Housing is such an issue.

Forget that PW was unable to do active service, completed officers training though and also did S&R with RAF. Decent enough pilot by all accounts. Proper pilot not a wingman.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

freda19

VIP Member
Also, if it was one conversation with either his dad or William. Why would Harry even tell her about it? Surely he would know it would upset her ands create animosity.
What with him being “ashamed“ of her MH issues, she should be questioning his love for her.
Personally, from having a narc within our circle of friends, you can make one innocent remark and it gets exaggerated by her until it has no resemblance to the innocent comment and causes chaos. I could give examples but it woulld be boring and off topic. Suffice to say someone might have said "I wonder if your babies will have your blue eyes hazza, or if they'll tend toward dark eyes due to meghan's heritage." And smeggy took it and ran with the racist angle.
Maybe hazza exaggerated it too since he's now a proven liar (bike rides anyone?) but certainly it was a gift to smeggy the victim.

• Heart

SoTiredMomma

Why isn't Meghan speaking against the actual racist attacks happening to Asian communities in USA? I have heard horrible atrocities happened to Chinese, Korean Japanese, etc. Unless she gets out of her luxurious cocoon and see actually who is more racist?

• Heart
  • Haha