Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Does anyone remember when she kept trying to get her followers to create a Monzo account so she could get £5 free from each person that created one. This was when I supported her products and I thought it was so unethical and irresponsible. For anyone that isn’t familiar with monzo, it’s way too easy to create a bank account with pretty much any overdraft you want which you get charged 50p a day for - it’s known as being very dangerous for young people and their credit scores. The fact grace promoted this many times to get some free money didn’t sit right with me, as she should be using her platform to responsibly and not encouraging her young followers to randomly open up bank accounts to get their fave a free fiver - she didn’t even provide any info with it so lots of young people would mindlessly open accounts not being aware of the negative credit impact. I know she came under attack for this and monzo shortly after stopped their free £5 scheme. And she wonders why people don’t believe her for saying she values her customers and ethical production over profit...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

em0lu

A fitness influencer I watch called Amy Victoria just posted a Say it or Shot it youtube vid and in it she wouldn't name the fitness influencers she disliked but hinted about it by saying it's shady to leave a company because of their aggressive marketing of BCAAs (which don't do much) and then release your own a few years later - would that be about Grace haha?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Ok going to say it - Grace is a fantastic influencer. She found her niche and she has marketed herself in such a way that thousands of girls will do whatever she says and buy whatever she sells. I applaud her and respect her for that - not many people could do that (I certainly couldn’t!)

But being a good influencer doesn’t make you a good entrepreneur. Her companies aren’t doing well because they have this magical and innovative business woman at the helm - they do well because her fans will buy whatever she tells them to buy and she has more the more experienced people from Genflow and Gleam doing the hard stuff. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and this doesn’t make her any less successful.

If she wanted to sell a book on being a good influencer she’d be more than qualified. But she’s no more qualified that you or I when it comes to giving advice on being a good business woman. By constantly labelling herself as an entrepreneur who has overcome all of this hardship to be successful, it undermines all of the hard work and progress made by other women succeeding in business. It’s kind of like Kim Kardashian going to law school. Is she going to law school? Yes. But almost every other lawyer in America will have worked ten times as hard as Kim just to get into law school. When Kim claims she is working just as hard as them, despite having been given the opportunity on the back of her fame and influence and nothing else, it undermines all of the work everyone else has had to put in.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

jjeett

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20200722-190216_Instagram.jpg

The crotch seams in the leggings would be a lovely start? Perhaps being a bit more transparent about what sustainability means to TALA? Maybe being a bit more open about your privileges and association with Genflow? Or addressing why you thought going on holiday in the middle of a pandemic and blasting over your socials was ok? Or why you think wearing PLT and posting to your 1M insta followers isn't going to make that particular item spike in sales?

• Haha
Reactions: 33

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Appears people are kicking off with her about Wiley, and tbh I'm actually with Grace on this cause it happened overnight and even I didn't hear about it till this morning.

However, she didn't need to put the screenshots on twitter
The fact that she manages to make everything about herself rather than just...speak out about it...

Impossible to catch her out? But grace, you preached about quarantine and rich people getting cleaners over to their house during a pandemic and then proceeded to get a crane to lift a hot tub into your garden during a pandemic, you bash fast fashion and then wear it, you talk about sustainability and sell ripped leggings that last 1 wear, you rip someone apart on twitter saying you’re being safe whilst travelling by going by train and then fly back, I could go on forever

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32

lmem

I know this was a month or two ago now but it just came to mind, do you guys remember her putting on her story like 2 or 3 days in a row different employees sending her flowers and cards saying 'well done for doing a good job' etc???

Just came to mind as the discussion was talking about how workplaces with a female CEO don't necessarily create a better environment - the fact her employees (who I might add are all around her age and most probably not earning over £24/25k max) felt they had to send her flowers and congratulate her for doing her job is just so many layers of fucked up to me.

As her employees it should be the other way round. Actively encouraging your employees to spend the money they have earned on you as their boss is so weird!!! Their work environment must be so toxic. Especially with the after work hours Zoom calls/quizzes they do, are those mandatory? Being made to feel like your life outside of work has to also be related to your boss and your workplace is just not good. Especially when your pay doesn't reflect it. I cannot imagine my (also female) boss EVER expecting me to get her flowers for working through a stressful time, in fact I think she'd actually give them back to me! She's taking us for lunch today to thank us for our work....DURING work hours.

• Wow

snarky_whale

“my head has been down and completely immersed in work the whole year”

Reading that made me sick.
That’s an insult to entrepreneurs and business owners who don’t pay themselves a salary until their companies turn a profit. People who use their life savings to start a business and don’t have the money to vacation or time to take a break because they are putting all their time and effort into their business. That can go on for YEARS.
The sacrifices that those people make are tremendous and for Grace to sit here pretend she’s one of those people? No. NO. 😡

Attachments

• Angry

markey

I think Grace is going to struggle with a response here. If she says she wasn't aware, it'll prove how little control she has over her own company.

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
ALSO, Controversial opinion, but I actually don’t understand why she gets hyped up so much for starting her businesses whilst in uni (like regardless of the fact she had genflow-a professional organisation doing all the heavy lifting)

I’ve been to university and I’m now in employment, and I would say being at university is the easiest time to start a business. especially a business that targets other students- you will never be more exposed and relevant. I did work nearly full time at university to support myself financially and even so can easily see how that would be possible. But most people there did not need to get a job because of student loans/ parents. There was so much flexible free time. You’re not actually answering to anyone else a part from yourself. You have minimal responsibilities etc

I don’t get why the university element gets added to make her achievements more impressive, when anyone with that level of privilege could start a business in uni. When you get in to the real world it’s so much more difficult to create a new start up. So much more risky to leave your employment and commit- or even stay in employment and juggle a million things. The only reason more people don’t start businesses at university ( where they have the best access to academic resources; free time, consumers etc) is because they don’t have a start up bank of mum and dad. Rant over x

lmem

Sorry but what she said on her story about how she will make an exception to support women owned fast fashion is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

She has built this entire brand on being 'anti fast fashion' but now says because she likes the owner of this brand she will support? I'd hardly say it's very women supporting considering the vast majority of people working in these sweatshops in awful conditions producing these garments are women themselves. In fact I'm pretty sure I've even heard Grace herself say that on a few occasions?

If she wanted to shop at houseofcb and had never preached at regular people for using similar brands it's whatever but to give that excuse makes absolutely no sense. Her hypocrisy isn't even slightly subtle at this point and she's just tangling herself up in this web of half-truths and half-formed opinions. Like I've seen people say before on here, this is the absolute embodiment of rich white girl 'feminism'

Reactions: 31

shufty

So multiple women have just woken up one day and decided to collude in a web of lies about her brand? The motivation for them to do so is what? Try again.

• Heart
So Grace is leaning on the whole ‘there’s no proof of withheld payment’, which, I guess, is strictly true. She never promised payment or reimbursement to the microinfluencers. The issue is that she SHOULD have been paying them for their labour, as an “ethical” brand. And that by recommending the creators wear Tala and use B_ND products, she was both getting their money and the free content they produced.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just trying to combat the loop holes she’s using.

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
"inspo x100 for concept and profitability"

doesn't that just mean grace wants to make as much money as conna? hun, you could've done that if you didn't back yourself into a sustainability corner, lol. one day Tala will drop the sustainability act so she can make more money, calling it now.
Definitely. Implying it’s OK to support fast fashion if the brand is woman-owned is absurd; plenty of women are at the helm of businesses which underpay their workers and destroy the environment. I mentioned this earlier but she is again promoting the flawed idea that simply placing women (cough, rich white women) in CEO positions is somehow gonna solve structural inequalities.

• Heart

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
I
imagine grace trying one of the army/marine corps/etc fitness tests that natacha did
natascha does not get enough credit for what a great influencer she is
I saw one of her videos, may have been a Q&A or say it or shot it one- anyway she was being asked about sponsored products. And her boyfriend was saying if she gets sent sponsored products to review she always orders them herself as well to see what the real customer service/ product is like. And they we’ve got people like grace shelling whatever she can in our face

• Heart
Reactions: 30