Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My eyes actually rolled to the back of my head when I saw those essays.

Using complex language and sentence structures doesn’t automatically make the CONTENT good. She posted a whole page of writing and said nothing.

Reactions: 20
Reading the essay excerpts on her story really made the facade fall away for me. Like many people from wealthy backgrounds, she has been afforded the opportunity to associate herself with all of these 'prestigious' institutions, like pinning badges to her chest, but the actual education she has received is fairly mediocre. Her written communication skills are quite poor, using clichés, mixing formal and informal language, with poor sentence structure and grammar. Plus the content itself is not as ground breaking or revolutionary as it appears she believes it to be - the concept of our generation rejecting the idea of having one solitary career has been spoken and written about in excess over the past years. This whole essay is a classic result of someone having a thought and being ignorant and arrogant enough to believe they must be the first to have had it.

Reactions: 27
I'm a smart girl but I have no idea what Grace is saying when she speaks like that.

Maybe it's my science based background and those who have done humanities/essay based subjects will understand her more 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I'm a smart girl but I have no idea what Grace is saying when she speaks like that.

Maybe it's my science based background and those who have done humanities/essay based subjects will understand her more 🤷🏾‍♀️
nah she’s just throwing a thesaurus and a scam self-help business witch book into a ted talk and calling it a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
TBH even in academia it is becoming discouraged more now to have such overcomplicated vocab and language. When I am writing a publication or contributing to a policy paper, it is rigorously edited multiple times by different people / I edit for others to make sure it's understandable, comprehensive, and succinct. This is Grace with her weird complex of having to sound all high and mighty and smarter than everyone in the room without really saying anything amazing or revolutionary. Like to "live the multidimensional life we deserve"? Wtf does that even mean? Like traveling and clubbing during covid with love islanders and buying fendi?
You're right, I was being charitable there. It's a very important skill to be able to communicate your thoughts clearly, and I think she has unfortunately been sucked into the corporate-speak hole (using jargon which doesn't mean much to anyone else, e.g. supply chains, cashflow, strategy). Like how she says TALA is "disrupting" the market - notice she never elaborates on what that means in a practical sense, but most people won't question her on it because it sounds pretty technical and complicated.

Can promise you it's nothing to do with your background. I have a natural science + social sciences background and even after poring over what she'd written it was very difficult to figure out what her main point was.

Ok going to say it - Grace is a fantastic influencer. She found her niche and she has marketed herself in such a way that thousands of girls will do whatever she says and buy whatever she sells. I applaud her and respect her for that - not many people could do that (I certainly couldn’t!)

But being a good influencer doesn’t make you a good entrepreneur. Her companies aren’t doing well because they have this magical and innovative business woman at the helm - they do well because her fans will buy whatever she tells them to buy and she has more the more experienced people from Genflow and Gleam doing the hard stuff. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and this doesn’t make her any less successful.

If she wanted to sell a book on being a good influencer she’d be more than qualified. But she’s no more qualified that you or I when it comes to giving advice on being a good business woman. By constantly labelling herself as an entrepreneur who has overcome all of this hardship to be successful, it undermines all of the hard work and progress made by other women succeeding in business. It’s kind of like Kim Kardashian going to law school. Is she going to law school? Yes. But almost every other lawyer in America will have worked ten times as hard as Kim just to get into law school. When Kim claims she is working just as hard as them, despite having been given the opportunity on the back of her fame and influence and nothing else, it undermines all of the work everyone else has had to put in.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You're right, I was being charitable there. It's a very important skill to be able to communicate your thoughts clearly, and I think she has unfortunately been sucked into the corporate-speak hole (using jargon which doesn't mean much to anyone else, e.g. supply chains, cashflow, strategy). Like how she says TALA is "disrupting" the market - notice she never elaborates on what that means in a practical sense, but most people won't question her on it because it sounds pretty technical and complicated.

Can promise you it's nothing to do with your background. I have a natural science + social sciences background and even after poring over what she'd written it was very difficult to figure out what her main point was.
Exactly. Throwing corporate lingo to sound smart. And as someone above said, her thoughts are not revolutionary. What is it about people changing jobs? This has been a thing for at least the last 15 years that people stay in a job for way less than they used to and change careers more frequently. Also "reject the old fashioned view that change is bad and fickle". Firstly, who ever says change is bad? Also does she know what "fickle" even means? Fickle literally means changeable, so is she saying change is changeable? Well I guess she's got a point.

She can laugh at clapping for NHS and saying it's performative, but how are her thoughts about purpose and paying bills not in the same vein? Yeah right thanks I won't be taking advice or inspiration from someone who thinks buying a mansion, going on multiple holidays a year, buying designer clothes etc is "never treating yourself" and doing a few work zoom calls is hard graft.

Reactions: 14

I'm a sociology phd and I don't have a clue what she's saying

Reactions: 9

😂 I have a business management degree and I have no idea what she’s saying, like someone else literally said she’s just taken excerpts from a books, ted talks and the girl boss insta pages she follows and thrown it all together

Reactions: 3
“got the afternoon off”

so she had a week of holiday, worked one and a half days, and now needs an afternoon off

i wish i had her life lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sorry if it's already been posted, but Grace showing up what an idiot she is. How is that something to be proud of, that someone will blindly support you and hand over your cash no matter what tit you churn out 😵

1595342470371.png

• Sick
Reactions: 13

I have a history ba and politics msc and i literally don't know what's going on but somehow at the same time i know it's bullshit :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
First time poster but I have been reading this these past few days as (ever since the BCAAs launch) I've been skeptical about Grace (although I used to like her a lot).

But there have been some things I have noticed:

- I think she constantly uses labels to boost her ego e.g. Oxford university, boasting about the millions and the house she bought, doing a Harvard online course. The fact that she purposely goes for big labels kind of makes me feel like she's trying to prove herself (and now the possible ted talk - like out all the things you purposely went for the grand label of ted talk). It seems that she is trying to convince both herself and others that she is a smart CEO of sustainable business when sadly none of those things are true when you put the facts in line. It was good to hear someone state how unfair and offensive it is for influences to put themselves under the same category as self made CEOs. They simply have not hussled the same way entrepreneurs do nor do they live by their business the way entrepreneurs do. Instead of trying to see how much she can use the title of being a CEO she should start acting like one and that means taking real, hardcore responsibility.

- she was never (even to this day) completely transparent about big things like Genflow and how her company is in China. It's not that those things are inherently bad but her lack of honestly and being upfront is UNFAIR to her customers. They have a right to be made aware.

Which brings me to my final point and I don't want to sound controversial but I think this should be flagged up. Not for Grace but for the customers who are losing a lot of money out of being deceived.

I think we should publise this somehow so the customers can see. Maybe talk to DietPrada? There is power in numbers so if a lot of us flag it up made DietPrada will listen. It's like how H&M and Reformation is now being scrutinised for their transparency (as they should be). If TALA is really that squeaky clean they should not worry about being properly questioned on their true level of sustainability.

Reactions: 26
She's put a lot of words together but it's not saying much/not making any points.

Ok going to say it - Grace is a fantastic influencer. She found her niche and she has marketed herself in such a way that thousands of girls will do whatever she says and buy whatever she sells. I applaud her and respect her for that - not many people could do that (I certainly couldn’t!)

But being a good influencer doesn’t make you a good entrepreneur. Her companies aren’t doing well because they have this magical and innovative business woman at the helm - they do well because her fans will buy whatever she tells them to buy and she has more the more experienced people from Genflow and Gleam doing the hard stuff. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and this doesn’t make her any less successful.

If she wanted to sell a book on being a good influencer she’d be more than qualified. But she’s no more qualified that you or I when it comes to giving advice on being a good business woman. By constantly labelling herself as an entrepreneur who has overcome all of this hardship to be successful, it undermines all of the hard work and progress made by other women succeeding in business. It’s kind of like Kim Kardashian going to law school. Is she going to law school? Yes. But almost every other lawyer in America will have worked ten times as hard as Kim just to get into law school. When Kim claims she is working just as hard as them, despite having been given the opportunity on the back of her fame and influence and nothing else, it undermines all of the work everyone else has had to put in.
This is so true, she's a great influencer. Not an entrepreneur/CEO as she likes to think. If she wasn't popular on social media, these companies wouldn't exist and she wouldn't be able to create and drive them without all the help she gets. For a CEO of 3(2) new busy companies, she doesn't appear to work very much. Most actual CEOs work 24/7 because there is no other staff to pick up the slack.

I hate this pretending to be a self made girl boss when really she is from a very privileged background and only managed to get popular on Instagram by posting pictures of her body when she was in good shape. Hardly something to look up to.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but Grace showing up what an idiot she is. How is that something to be proud of, that someone will blindly support you and hand over your cash no matter what tit you churn out 😵

View attachment 188475
“Take my money”? Ugh. When I see things like this I suddenly understand why people join cults or follow despotic leaders. Humans can be such absolute moronic sheep!

Reactions: 13
I just wanna say I stan all of the educated ladies in here and everyone not falling for the bullshit. I love to nose on mumsnet (guilty pleasure cry) and it was from there that I started to read about the ethics and accountability of influencers etc. and it grew from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s actually quite frightning how easy these girls follow everything a social media influencer says. Somebody who is not qualified in any way shape or form.

They genuinely can’t think for themselves anymore....

These are the type of ppl who will have an mlm business😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't understand those videos she put on her story talking to the camera - she said sorry I've not been on here much I promise I'm alive... she posts stories literally all day every day? And a grid post every couple of days? Like I'm actually confused lol

It's because she's seen (prob on here) that her followers are going down by the day so she's trying to 'engage' more on a personal level, wonder if that's a tip from Flora's incredibly valuable social media guide....

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.