Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously they aren't going to take anyone to court but if you're 18-21 in uni and you receive a legal letter from a law firm, which is the most they would do, then you would be scared. Most people would just agree to stay quiet and move on rather than telling them to go to court.

Reactions: 14
Hello all!

new here. But what the actual. I am shocked to my core I didn’t find out about all of this before. I genuinely thought that this was all a big troll fest but something didn’t sit right. Guys. This is an absolute joke that she’s gotten awat with this for so long.

a frustrated customer who just spent way too much on tala... and it’s now outside of the refund range.

Reactions: 15
It’s actually appalling that someone, let alone someone that claims to be ethical, would threaten to sue young girls that supported her over them speaking out. Isn’t it grace that encouraged open conversations about pay for influencers so that brands couldn’t rip them off? Wasn’t that the whole point of her video with Krissy and the other girls? Isn’t it grace that’s constantly calling out companies on twitter?

it says a lot about her as a person that she’s so incapable of taking accountability and bettering herself that she’d rather sue girls probably still at uni than look into where her companies failed these girls

People don’t realise it’s so easy to be loud on social media pretending to care for these issues. Of course she can preach about stuff in a tweet or a video, but within her companies unless she’s committed to establishing ethical practices they won’t operate that way. It’s all well and good claiming you do but the facade has to give up at some point, which now it clearly has.

Reactions: 25
I’m not sure if anyone has said this but GRACE you cannot preach about how unfair influencers are treated by the industry and how you want the the whole industry to be more transparent (and make whole videos on this) and then excuse how unfairly your treating your creators by saying it’s “industry standard”.... YOU HAVE CALLED THE INDUSTRY UNFAIR!

You can’t tell people that you are trying to listen and encourage a conversation and then IN THE SAME STATEMENT threaten legal action against people who air their concerns?

Seriously grace, are you on glue???

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The Gymshark video says it all. Sent here from twitter and honestly I cannot begin to explain my disgust towards this brand. There had been rumours in my friendship group but the fact grace knew about all of this and did nothing. I just have no words.

you cannot sue someone because of a bad experience. You cannot sue them if what they’re saying is true. It’s not defamation.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hiii long time lurker just catching up on the latest!

What can I say you ladies always knock things on the head so eloquently. Can't say I'm not pleased things might finally gain some traction and give Grace real world consequences.

Its obvious that they are struggling to defend the hypocrisy but WHY go the legal route? Smacks of desperation and have they never heard of the streisand effect? I honestly think attempting to silence people only draws more attention and people seeking out what the fuss is about....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is answering comments in her latest post on Instagram!!!! She hasn't said a thing and there she is with her BS!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The whole rhetoric of 'they need proof' 'false accusations' is very reminiscent of the metoo movement and women being silenced. Like with metoo, multiple women - I think I have definitely seen at least 10? - have spoken up, all their stories are similar and corroborate each other, but they are bullied into not posting or speaking out, then the culprit says there is 'no proof' even though these women are being bullied into not sharing their proof...

I am in no way trying to compare Grace to an actual sex offender at all, these things are on completely different levels, but I just want to draw a comparison to the power dynamic in both of these situations - a powerful CEO with influence misled young women who were impressed by said person's fame, then when these women, who are all young with a small following, dare to speak out they are gaslit, accused of lying and put up against a huge multimillion pound business which bullies them into staying silent or facing public and financial repercussions.

I thought this was the very type of capitalist, anti-labour, anti-working class behaviour Grace was meant to be so against?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
in one of her comments - 'lots of community members have also felt pressured not to support us due to the way people are acting'...... uhhh people are clearly just speaking out about how deceived they feel and grace is like omg they've been pEeR pReSsUrEd into hating me

Reactions: 17
I can't see how sending all the micro-influencers the exact same response when they had issues is them being 'SO happy to talk though this with any of the creators'... now is it Grace :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
just goes to further show how unprofessional grace is imo
she's just digging herself into a deeper hole, playing the victim SO hard when we all know 20+ women can't be out to get her. ofc there's not a word about the 3% commission being under industry standard, women supporting women, transparency with influencers, being advised to buy tala for content, etc. just what she can legally defend the company on.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So multiple women have just woken up one day and decided to collude in a web of lies about her brand? The motivation for them to do so is what? Try again.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So Grace is leaning on the whole ‘there’s no proof of withheld payment’, which, I guess, is strictly true. She never promised payment or reimbursement to the microinfluencers. The issue is that she SHOULD have been paying them for their labour, as an “ethical” brand. And that by recommending the creators wear Tala and use B_ND products, she was both getting their money and the free content they produced.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just trying to combat the loop holes she’s using.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Haha shes trying to sound all smart here saying ‘for the benefit of both the claimant and us’, but if she was suing them then she’d be the claimant and they’d be the defendants. How can she even talk about suing someone when she literally doesn’t even know basic legal terms

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.