Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic but I didn't realise House of CB was fast fashion? I thought Conna did stuff to help poorer societies (sorry for putting it crudely) as part of the brand or am I thinking of someone else?

Interesting article if anyone is interested. I'm off to dig a little deeper to see where there stuff is manufactured. I don't own an ly house of CB but it looks like she might be more sustainable than our lovely Tala.

I don’t think it’s fast fashion in the typical sense of PLT or Shein. They’re on the pricier side but their quality at least reflects it. I don’t think they’re the best environment wise - they’ve only just got ‘sustainable’ boxes. I do like Conna herself. She always speaks about the fact her dad gave her a 4K loan which she flipped into what she has now. She’s always super lovely on twitter and sends random girls dresses and does an annual grant to support woman run businesses

Reactions: 8
Not that I think she read up on Conna but I can see why she gave her a shout out (ignoring the trying to get freebies), started the business herself whilst still in school, no debts or investors apparently, lucrative(ish) brand, broke America, you can tell she actually runs the business herself. Looks like grace could take some "boss babe" :sick: tips from Conna hahaha

Reactions: 5
Not that I think she read up on Conna but I can see why she gave her a shout out (ignoring the trying to get freebies), started the business herself whilst still in school, no debts or investors apparently, lucrative(ish) brand, broke America, you can tell she actually runs the business herself. Looks like grace could take some "boss babe" :sick: tips from Conna hahaha
Lol I love the vom emoji for boss babe. Agreed tho; can I just say can we leave the term "boss babe" in 2021 together with Covid-19? Lol I can't stand it anymore. Why can't we just say boss? Because we are women we have to be babes? Isn't that a bit counter productive (Like a man is just a boss but a woman is a boss BaaAAaabe) or am I just too cynical at this point 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lol I love the vom emoji for boss babe. Agreed tho; can I just say can we leave the term "boss babe" in 2021 together with Covid-19? Lol I can't stand it anymore. Why can't we just say boss? Because we are women we have to be babes? Isn't that a bit counter productive (Like a man is just a boss but a woman is a boss BaaAAaabe) or am I just too cynical at this point 😅
I find the term SO cringe. I know feminism isn't about making ourselves equal to men but you're so right, what's the male equivalent of boss babe?

Even in my every day work none of the senior leaders who are women would ever think to call themselves boss babes.

I find the term SO cringe. I know feminism isn't about making ourselves equal to men but you're so right, what's the male equivalent of boss babe?

Even in my every day work none of the senior leaders who are women would ever think to call themselves boss babes.
Boss babes is a very instagram term
Literally people who write to do lists, usually in creative fields
I can’t imagine a self respecting woman in normal workplaces ever describing themselves like that, screams immaturity

• Heart
so you can choose performance and composition modules but there aren't any compulsory ones after 1st year I believe. Music is quite varied at Oxford so it can basically be a sociology/history degree with very little actual playing of music, but its definitiely not a politics degree like she claimed recently.

you also have to be such a high level to do well in performance modules, so really would not surprise me if she just wasnt good enough
So it really sounds like she's equating any political issues she explored in the sociological modules with an actual study of politics. Which isn't a bad thing, I think that's a really interesting take on music, looking at the sociological issues that make up popular music and music cultures- I think I've even seen quite a bit of research done on K-Pop which is really cool- but at the end of the day her degree says "Music", not Politics. If she didn't want to do music, she should've reapplied to different universities and actually done politics, freeing up that space for someone who actually wanted to do music.

Reactions: 6
Slightly off topic but I didn't realise House of CB was fast fashion? I thought Conna did stuff to help poorer societies (sorry for putting it crudely) as part of the brand or am I thinking of someone else?

Interesting article if anyone is interested. I'm off to dig a little deeper to see where there stuff is manufactured. I don't own an ly house of CB but it looks like she might be more sustainable than our lovely Tala.

I'd still consider them a fast fashion brand, as they pump out new lines regularly and aren't transparent about their production processes (with buzz phrases like 'Designed in London' being used rather than revealing where the clothes are actually manufactured). There's no transparency on their website about their ethics or sustainability either.

I know this was a month or two ago now but it just came to mind, do you guys remember her putting on her story like 2 or 3 days in a row different employees sending her flowers and cards saying 'well done for doing a good job' etc???

Just came to mind as the discussion was talking about how workplaces with a female CEO don't necessarily create a better environment - the fact her employees (who I might add are all around her age and most probably not earning over £24/25k max) felt they had to send her flowers and congratulate her for doing her job is just so many layers of fucked up to me.

As her employees it should be the other way round. Actively encouraging your employees to spend the money they have earned on you as their boss is so weird!!! Their work environment must be so toxic. Especially with the after work hours Zoom calls/quizzes they do, are those mandatory? Being made to feel like your life outside of work has to also be related to your boss and your workplace is just not good. Especially when your pay doesn't reflect it. I cannot imagine my (also female) boss EVER expecting me to get her flowers for working through a stressful time, in fact I think she'd actually give them back to me! She's taking us for lunch today to thank us for our work....DURING work hours.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I know this was a month or two ago now but it just came to mind, do you guys remember her putting on her story like 2 or 3 days in a row different employees sending her flowers and cards saying 'well done for doing a good job' etc???

Just came to mind as the discussion was talking about how workplaces with a female CEO don't necessarily create a better environment - the fact her employees (who I might add are all around her age and most probably not earning over £24/25k max) felt they had to send her flowers and congratulate her for doing her job is just so many layers of fucked up to me.

As her employees it should be the other way round. Actively encouraging your employees to spend the money they have earned on you as their boss is so weird!!! Their work environment must be so toxic. Especially with the after work hours Zoom calls/quizzes they do, are those mandatory? Being made to feel like your life outside of work has to also be related to your boss and your workplace is just not good. Especially when your pay doesn't reflect it. I cannot imagine my (also female) boss EVER expecting me to get her flowers for working through a stressful time, in fact I think she'd actually give them back to me! She's taking us for lunch today to thank us for our work....DURING work hours.
The only time I have ever gotten my boss flowers and a card is when her dad died after almost a year of a degenerative condition.

Yeah it’s so weird. You don’t really get “thanked” as a ceo. Think it all just demonstrates she’s not the one in charge. Also when they do work events like launch parties, pop ups- they’re all branded as well done grace/ let’s celebrate grace when it should be about the brand itself. She needs to distance herself

always bragging on her stories with screenshot texts to other employees about how she’s working at 11pm and stuff like to show off and guilt trip rest of the team that she’s the hardest worker?? Must have a complex. She does not create a healthy working environment. She thinks offering duvet days makes her a good leader.
The other problem is that all her hires are “fans” or desperate for clout. They want grace to tag them on insta etc so they’re constantly up her bum. Would be interesting to see how a normal real professional who had no prior knowledge of grace would find working there

Reactions: 18
She just posted about how much progress she made with shreddy even while she was on holiday!! I thought it wasn't a holiday though? Not "work" and "visiting mum" then no?

Reactions: 12
I'd still consider them a fast fashion brand, as they pump out new lines regularly and aren't transparent about their production processes (with buzz phrases like 'Designed in London' being used rather than revealing where the clothes are actually manufactured). There's no transparency on their website about their ethics or sustainability either.
Looked them up on the app Good on You and their rating is "we avoid" because they don't provide the relevant info...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She just posted about how much progress she made with shreddy even while she was on holiday!! I thought it wasn't a holiday though? Not "work" and "visiting mum" then no?
Yeah I think she defo reads here cause she always posts stuff relating to what's being discussed. There is no way such short workout, which I guess is like hiit workout really would make the fat "melt off", losing fat is like 80% diet, no 20 minute workout would change that

Reactions: 9
After her big spiel about getting the train to be safe and environmentally friendly she’s probably going to fly back (won’t document that on her story though will she)

Reactions: 6
Yeah it’s so weird. You don’t really get “thanked” as a ceo. Think it all just demonstrates she’s not the one in charge. Also when they do work events like launch parties, pop ups- they’re all branded as well done grace/ let’s celebrate grace when it should be about the brand itself. She needs to distance herself
Yes that's so true! It kind of shows how infantilized she is within the company, the people doing the actual work let her centre these type of events and press interviews around herself to allow her to play the part of 'CEO' in her own head, keeps her happy while they can get on and actually run the businesses properly

Reactions: 7
Looked them up on the app Good on You and their rating is "we avoid" because they don't provide the relevant info...
Speaking of good on you, you can message TALA through their app asking questions and providing feedback which may provide some answers to a lot of the questions the GOY rating raises. Also, b_nd hasn’t even rated but I’m interested to know what they’d get

The irony of this tweet and the reply 🤣
I mean she literally gets in fights every week on Twitter is she looking for an entrepreneur twitter that allows for that? And isn’t her whole brand hype, ego, noise and drama? Please someone get this girl a therapist so she can practice self awareness I’ve never seen someone lack it so much

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Great social distancing going on there!
just two gals (not from the same household) going on holiday (during a pandemic) to a different country (again, during a pandemic) to model our boss babe grace’s crappy underwear (while not distancing) 💖✨🥰

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.