Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Appears people are kicking off with her about Wiley, and tbh I'm actually with Grace on this cause it happened overnight and even I didn't hear about it till this morning.

However, she didn't need to put the screenshots on twitter
The fact that she manages to make everything about herself rather than just...speak out about it...

Impossible to catch her out? But grace, you preached about quarantine and rich people getting cleaners over to their house during a pandemic and then proceeded to get a crane to lift a hot tub into your garden during a pandemic, you bash fast fashion and then wear it, you talk about sustainability and sell ripped leggings that last 1 wear, you rip someone apart on twitter saying you’re being safe whilst travelling by going by train and then fly back, I could go on forever

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Tbh though
Those comments to her are horrific because black Jews exist and fight 3 struggles being black being Jewish and then facing oppression from Jews that their not Jewish for being black
So it’s not an either or situation
Was it necessary to share all the screenshoots no, one? Maybe

Reactions: 2
Appears people are kicking off with her about Wiley, and tbh I'm actually with Grace on this cause it happened overnight and even I didn't hear about it till this morning.

It didn't really happen overnight. His tweets about it go back at least 22 hours as someone on my timeline mentioned it then

Reactions: 1
Regardless of whether she thought it was right of them to send those, I think it’s so wrong for someone with a massive platform to post those screenshots. What are you trying to get out of it by exposing them and keeping their profile pictures in the screenshots? It’s clear from the past grace loves people to get angry on her behalf and attack people for her. Did she ever think that if the people messaging her were so upset by her not speaking about it they may be Jewish and therefore deeply upset by these comments? How is exposing and attacking them any better? She has a very one dimensional view and only thinks about how she’s impacted in situations, not understand that she will never understand what it feels like to be attacked in that way as she never has and never will be attacked for her demographic. She lacks so much empathy

The fact she’s put more effort into exposing people that have upset her, rather than someone who has attacked a whole group of people who have faced so much hatred throughout history says it all

Reactions: 12
Does anyone else get this impression that Grace behaves and speaks differently around black people to either fit in/get their approval? Not sure how to describe it, but there's something about the way she acts that doesn't sit right

Reactions: 22
Does anyone else get this impression that Grace behaves and speaks differently around black people to either fit in/get their approval? Not sure how to describe it, but there's something about the way she acts that doesn't sit right
She accessorises her life with black culture when it suits her and that’s on that!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
i totally get what you mean. I imagine her being very very quiet around black people, so as not to say anything wrong or step on toes. I noticed she always mindless retweets stuff her black friends without adding her own opinions but when retweeting other stuff will always quote retweet. She’s weird and yeah like you said wants to fit in/get approval

Reactions: 4
it looks like she’s taken that off her story?

I could be wrong but I thought you don’t have to quarantine if you’re coming back from France? Is it not on the exemption list now?
Just because the law says you don't need to doesn't mean you shouldn't esp if you're travelling?

Reactions: 7
Just because the law says you don't need to doesn't mean you shouldn't esp if you're travelling?
I'm sure she'll tell us she had a test yesterday and it already came back negative even though that doesn't mean she's safe.

How did she manage to make Wiley's tweets all about her in the end? Amazing.

Reactions: 17

i totally get what you mean. I imagine her being very very quiet around black people, so as not to say anything wrong or step on toes. I noticed she always mindless retweets stuff her black friends without adding her own opinions but when retweeting other stuff will always quote retweet. She’s weird and yeah like you said wants to fit in/get approval
Not to defend at her at all but to be extremely honest, I actually have noticed this with a lot of people. I think people generally find it harder to criticise black people for racism because racism has been so centered around and targeted at them. Everywhere in the world you will find instances of colorism and anti-black sentiment, even in African countries. That is not really the case with "other groups". Also, there's a very strong idea that black people are unable to be racist esp in the United States and when we take into ideas of systemic racism I think that is extremely true but at the same time if fellow black people are being misogynist, anti-semitic, homophobic, racist I think it's extremely fair and necessary to call them out. Especially since race and identities are intersectional especially amongst everyone who is categorised as "minorities".

I think Grace being called out so early without her even seeing it was really weird and unfair, but I think that she didn't need to seek out defense in the way that she did. And she should've put all that energy instead to putting out a thread about Wiley instead after taking some time to familiarise herself with the situation. But I agree with what she said about forcing artificial wokeness - we all saw that with influencers (even her sister Flora) in BLM and it was poisonous. However, Grace really needs to work on not making everything about her.

Reactions: 14
Obviously there’s way worse influencers with BLM but she really did post about it a few times, once post being her attaching receipts of her donations to show she’s one of the good ones x honestly who does that even if people are dm’ing you about whether you’ve donated there’s 0 need to attach receipts that’s just making it about you - but then again that’s hardly shocking when it comes to grace. Not heard her raise any awareness since so...

Not to defend at her at all but to be extremely honest, I actually have noticed this with a lot of people. I think people generally find it harder to criticise black people for racism because racism has been so centered around and targeted at them. Everywhere in the world you will find instances of colorism and anti-black sentiment, even in African countries. That is not really the case with "other groups". Also, there's a very strong idea that black people are unable to be racist esp in the United States and when we take into ideas of systemic racism I think that is extremely true but at the same time if fellow black people are being misogynist, anti-semitic, homophobic, racist I think it's extremely fair and necessary to call them out. Especially since race and identities are intersectional especially amongst everyone who is categorised as "minorities".

I think Grace being called out so early without her even seeing it was really weird and unfair, but I think that she didn't need to seek out defense in the way that she did. And she should've put all that energy instead to putting out a thread about Wiley instead after taking some time to familiarise herself with the situation. But I agree with what she said about forcing artificial wokeness - we all saw that with influencers (even her sister Flora) in BLM and it was poisonous.
I agree, my issue isn’t her not speaking up straight away I’d rather someone think for a while about how they want to approach it than mindlessly spiel out some stuff. But the screenshots were totally uncalled for and just shows how in all these massively offensive situations she still somehow makes herself the centre of the narrative. Privilege summed up.

Reactions: 3
She loves the attention/support she's getting, she's still posting about it...

Funny that she never screenshots the messages she gets questioning her brand, holiday, and sustainability. Probably because she knows she's a fraud and doesn't want other people finding out

Reactions: 17
Unfortunatly there has been a rise of a new kind of anti Semitism whithin the hard left and identity politics, the very people who claim to be anti racist zelots. Although I don’t like how people DM’ing her and demanding she speaks out, I see why people are angry and have identified the hypocrisy of the movement.

Reactions: 5
I think she had a fair point to begin with, the people who DM'd her were right bring it to her attention but they were really accusatory in their approach, almost expecting her to take personal responsibility for his tweets. But she lost my sympathy with the way shes going for people on twitter now. She's saying she wants the conversation to focus on Wiley and antisemitism but she's mainly focused on tweeting individuals and defending herself. Her feed is filled with her aggressively shutting down actual Jewish people rather than her condemning antisemitism. Clearly she is more angered by people asking her to talk about something than she is by antisemitism. I don't think she would have reacted this way to people DMing her asking her to speak on anything related to BLM, not sure why she thinks its an OK reaction here.

Reactions: 16
I think she had a fair point to begin with, the people who DM'd her were right bring it to her attention but they were really accusatory in their approach, almost expecting her to take personal responsibility for his tweets. But she lost my sympathy with the way shes going for people on twitter now. She's saying she wants the conversation to focus on Wiley and antisemitism but she's mainly focused on tweeting individuals and defending herself. Her feed is filled with her aggressively shutting down actual Jewish people rather than her condemning antisemitism. Clearly she is more angered by people asking her to talk about something than she is by antisemitism. I don't think she would have reacted this way to people DMing her asking her to speak on anything related to BLM, not sure why she thinks its an OK reaction here.
Exactly, just because it’s not a popular ‘trendy’ movement in her eyes doesn’t mean you can treat the people who are the victims like that. If a Jewish person says her approach is wrong, it’s wrong. It’s not for anyone else to argue with. She needs to normalise listening to the victims and growing from it. Not centering and victimising herself

I agree, I didn't see anything about it until this morning when I checked the news because I was asleep, like people usually are at night!

There was no need for her to make such a big deal about the messages though as for me that takes away from the actual issue.

She could have just addressed the situation with Wiley and not shared the people in her DMs. But of course she wouldn't do that because then not all of the attention would be on her!

it looks like she’s taken that off her story?

I could be wrong but I thought you don’t have to quarantine if you’re coming back from France? Is it not on the exemption list now?
I think France is on the exemption list currently, yep, just checked so long as you don't make a transit stop you don't need to isolate when you return

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.