Grace Beverley #25 It’s a hard fall from Grace

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are there any poc on the tala team. I just see the same font of girls working on the team

Reactions: 20
View attachment 2951353
Does anybody know why Alice found out a few weeks ago?
I presume she had filed an ASA complaint about the ads. I had submitted a complaint (The report mentions they received 51 complaints!) and was emailed about it on the 14th of May. But the email asked me to keep the news confidential until today (22nd of May) when the report would be published on the ASA website. Per that email Grace would also have been notified on the 14th.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

It says that TALA argued Grace creating a TikTok playlist called “aggressive marketing” for all the TALA stuff (amongst other things) should have been enough for people to tell it was her brand. I might be wrong about this but didn’t Grace literally do that in response to Alice calling her out in the first place? Does anyone have a better memory than me lol

Reactions: 28
Not been the best week for Grace when it comes to press has it. First her getting mentioned amongst the worst dressed at the BAFTAs, and now this 🤦🏻‍♂️😆

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I presume she had filed an ASA complaint about the ads. I had submitted a complaint (The report mentions they received 51 complaints!) and was emailed about it on the 14th of May. But the email asked me to keep the news confidential until today (22nd of May) when the report would be published on the ASA website. Per that email Grace would also have been notified on the 14th.
Makes sense, thank you!

And round of applause for you (and I’m sure the others on here that make up the 51) for filing a complaint! 👏👏

Reactions: 21
Remember the whole Tala/Shreddy influencer pay fiasco, were they were getting insane levels of promotion from a lot of 'micro influencers and they were getting like 13p a sale or something ridiculous and then when there was a small uprising of people complaining, Grace offhandedly threatened them with litigation for defamation. You know you're a great person when you do something wrong and then when people question it, you threaten them with lawyers as you have daddy rich funds.

Reactions: 43
If she does address it, I guarantee that:

1. She’ll mention how she’s being targeted as a woman and that men do the same
2. Somehow bring up gymshark Ben

• Haha
Reactions: 37

It says that TALA argued Grace creating a TikTok playlist called “aggressive marketing” for all the TALA stuff (amongst other things) should have been enough for people to tell it was her brand. I might be wrong about this but didn’t Grace literally do that in response to Alice calling her out in the first place? Does anyone have a better memory than me lol
Yes! Went back to look for when we first noticed the playlist: https://tattle.life/threads/grace-beverley-24-grez-wedz.42120/post-17236289

Alice's tiktok (and Grace's comments on it) are screenshot the page before: https://tattle.life/threads/grace-beverley-24-grez-wedz.42120/page-13

Grace also changed her bio to this snarky phrasing in response to the call out (screenshot c/o @cupcakebaker : https://tattle.life/threads/grace-beverley-24-grez-wedz.42120/post-17230416 )
1716463573639.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

Probably not the way she hoped to make the news 🎉🎉
I can’t believe she had the audacity to make the case that she doesn’t need to advertise because she assumes people already know who she is.

If I’m scrolling tiktok and one of her vids pops up with her showing one of her pieces and it doesn’t say ad then I don’t know it’s an ad do I? That’s all it comes down to! Is she that dense?

“In case it isn’t overtly clear” ???
why would it be? She’s an influencer with a brand, why would anyone know who she is 💀

Reactions: 50
This part of the article is interesting. I thought it wasn’t an influencer brand and stood alone with its success completely independent of the fact Grace is the founder? 🤨
I think the ASA stuff makes that so interesting. A lot of influencers want to "scale" their businesses to be solely independent of their identity and names - that's how they (and much of the public) consider it a "true" business and not an influencer one but the ASA regulations and enforcement literally make that impossible. I love this though because it's clown af for influencers to profit and market off of their following only to pretend that their influencer role had nothing to do with the business's "success".

Reactions: 28
Can you imagine if this was the next big suing scandal- if you’ve been missold PPI… if you were misinfluenced to buy a tatty coat

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Slightly off-topic, but I do like her swim collection but I don't want to give her any of my money. Can anyone recommend anything similar for a girl with big boobs because ASOS and the rest of them are not cutting it and I can't find a good swimwear brand for bigger boobs.

Reactions: 2
Also the bell she’s ringing in the office (on stories)
Is this another example of her “humour”?
It reminds me of the bell cancer survivors ring to celebrate when their treatment has finished 😕

Reactions: 13
For those that are blocked, here are some stories from today.

1) if you're regularly doing double your forecast, your forecasting is clearly piss poor. They seem to always under forecast their sales to say they've exceeded expectation every time, and then also under stock their launches to create false sell-outs and increase impulse buying of further drops.

2) what a busy diary of a CEO! Not a single bit of actual work, just recording a crappy podcast and meeting an influencer... I wonder who does the actual management of Tala because it clearly isn't Grace 💅

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
For those that are blocked, here are some stories from today.

1) if you're regularly doing double your forecast, your forecasting is clearly piss poor. They seem to always under forecast their sales to say they've exceeded expectation every time, and then also under stock their launches to create false sell-outs and increase impulse buying of further drops.

2) what a busy diary of a CEO! Not a single bit of actual work, just recording a crappy podcast and meeting an influencer... I wonder who does the actual management of Tala because it clearly isn't Grace 💅
Sorry but the sleeves on her shirt are sending me, they look ridiculous 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Imagine threatening to sue someone over a tiktok pahaha

Also claiming every man and his dog knows she’s synonymous with the brand lmao you sell cheap plastic leggings from China you’re not exactly Donatella Versace love

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Remember the whole Tala/Shreddy influencer pay fiasco, were they were getting insane levels of promotion from a lot of 'micro influencers and they were getting like 13p a sale or something ridiculous and then when there was a small uprising of people complaining, Grace offhandedly threatened them with litigation for defamation. You know you're a great person when you do something wrong and then when people question it, you threaten them with lawyers as you have daddy rich funds.

What a throwback but yes! When a bunch handed together to out her on fitness insta

Reactions: 6