Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aemee321

Chatty Member
I find it quite gaslighting and narcissistic to finish off the discussion about her privileges with 'but I'm a woman who's suffered with various things' and implying 'if I were a man you wouldn't say this' to again try and downplay it all. Reminds me of yesterday when that influencer responded to valid criticisms about her being in Dubai during a lockdown with "if you can be anything be kind", taking the mental health """rhetoric""" and running full pelt with it. There's always a get out of jail free card for these privileged influencers and everyone's done with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Noahfence

Really nerdy but im a graphic designer and so this is what i look out for everyday but the shreddy bus and branding in general really pisses me off and aside from personal taste, the colours fail accessibility tests.. this is really basic stuff, so much for an inclusive kween

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 62

fwooper

VIP Member
I think the biggest takeaway from all of this is that Grace shows what she cares about. People were hounding her and her businesses for a response about why she lied about a business trip to Dubai and attended an illegal party while lecturing people to be safe and social distance, but she blocked it out. Yet when it's about her and her privilege, she couldn't resist jumping on. I guess she has made it loud and clear where she ranks a pandemic and people's lives in terms of what concerns her.

Because her refusal to be upfront about her privilege pissed me off so much last night and today, I'm been manically writing up something to add the wiki about all the times she has downplayed her privilege. Time to cut through the bullshit about nuance, context, and rhetoric.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

aimzalicious

VIP Member
20201222_101856.jpg

Me not checking the thread for a day or two and wondering what the fuck happened with Grease for us to go through 1.5 threads

what a wild ride

• Haha
Reactions: 61

fwooper

VIP Member
Her Instagram highlights are ridiculous.
And never forget that amazingly rude story in the third screenshot was all because she posted this:

1612099432391.png

Like what planet is she on - she posted her 10am-5pm workday and literally asked her followers if they wanted to swap. Of course people were gonna reply 'wow 10-5 jealous' considering it looks like the cushiest work day in the world. Her busy day ended with a luxury dinner at Bagatelle for goodness sake. Any influencer who posted this work schedule would get the same kind of DMs, she acts like such a victim.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 60

burnerboi

reading this thread has brought back some memories of my (very few) interactions with grace. as someone said a while back she went to francis holland and then went to st pauls for sixth form, and didn't really make many friends at st pauls. when she started her fitness insta in sixth form it was a massive joke in her year and people would take the piss out of it, the usual shit like sending screenshots around of the photos of her breakfast. once she got to uni she didn't have many friends, would stick to the two or three girls in her college that could tolerate her, and would go back to london every weekend. i met her maybe two or three times because of mutual friends and each time she would stare blankly at me and i'd have to reintroduce myself lmao, in the way that posh people always do as if its beneath them to pretend to remember someone they've clearly met before. i'd say half of the people from uni she invited to her big castle bday were not close to her at all and were surprised to have been invited, she was definitely scraping the barrel in order to give the illusion of being very popular. have also heard that she's a drama queen/always gets her flatmates to look after her dog/generally annoying to be around lol

• Wow
Reactions: 58

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
There is nothing about a millionaire receiving free food that sits right with me at all. Donating the cost doesn’t make up for it, they’ve still given someone very wealthy free food when there’s people struggling to eat and feed their kids. I get why they do it for marketing but personally even as a marketing strategy it would actually put me off.

• Heart

babygirl1992xo

I wasn’t aware that her family was so rich without this thread. Scary. thank you all.

Don’t you all find life incredibly unfair?

As a working class black woman I know people like her will continue to excel doing the bare minimum (this is not solely on her but others like her)

but it’s scary nothing we can say will change anything. White upper class people have all power. No one will publicly criticise them because you may get RTs but ultimately it won’t remove the class system. It’s so rigged.

I’ve been feeling so sad about it lately - if you don’t have society standards of beauty, no thin waist you won’t succeed. To the point that I think plus size / body positivity is a scam.

• Heart
  • Sad

greenvelvet

VIP Member
She's kind of stuck because she can't gain other people's trust without being fully transparent, which means being transparent not just about her own family and background but about her business practices. But now that she's constructed the issue as a question of a learning curve, she can't bring the business practices into it, because it's just inadequate and blatantly classist to excuse her exploitation of other, more vulnerable people as part of this 'learning curve'.

She's now exposed quite a personal detail about being a victim of severe abuse and IMO that is not something she should discuss now. It's manipulative to bring up abuse to escape accountability. But also, looking out for her own mental wellbeing, it will really hurt her to read people saying stuff like "it's manipulative to bring [your abuse] up now to deflect criticism", and it will hurt her to see people dismiss it, which is exactly what is going to happen and has already started to happen. I can't imagine thousands of people talking about my abuse in that way.

She just needs to put the phone down, not think about it for a while and come up with a response that respectfully addresses the issue - for her own sake and everyone else's.

• Heart

aemee321

Chatty Member
"Can't catch me out, it was obviously only during the summer when you were allowed to go inside someones house"
"you can't catch me out xoxo"

Proceeds to:
- delete twitter and half of her youtube videos as she was getting caught out with her own words
- appear in a *not even leaked*, public video with timestamps at a party on the other side of the world in a pandemic
- get caught out making greenwashed clothes in China
- get caught out covering up being born into millions
- get caught out about how much help she had from Genflow setting up her businesses
- get caught out not paying creators when she banged on for years about how shit it is to not be paid fairly for content
- caught out for saying she "adopted" her 20 week old designer dog breed puppy at such a convenient time straight after travelling, when really she bought him but now has changed the wording to "rehomed"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I think the woman is one big walking contradiction at this point. She's writing a book about hustle culture and why it's bad (I assume?) and saying she wants to not be part of hustle culture. Then she's talking about how she's...hustling by reading work related material in her down time. So while telling everyone else 'don't do X Y Z' which she's actually doing anyway, if everyone took her advice and stopped doing that she would be massively getting ahead so hustling, no? Do as I say, not as I do, and especially do as I say when what I'm telling you not to do is something I'm doing and thus gain an advantage by other people not doing it. Okaaaaaaaaay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Not sure how I stumbled across this tweet but clearly she supported Grace.

Skip to the present moment.
I wonder why Grace hasn't put "born into wealth and privilege" in her instagram bio.🤔
That’s the thing, grace thinks everyone is mindless haters, but actually most people were ex fans who’ve been put off by her behaviours or the way she’s personally spoke to them
Look at how quickly these threads have moved in like a year. She’s been a influencer for ages now, and went years without a thread back when she was that relatable uni student
Problem is you can’t keep up the mask for so long

it’s stupid things like I remember her saying once about working in customer service so obviously assumed that to mean working in a shop like normal teenage jobs. But she was referring to handling queries about her own e-book. She has an art of saying things that will extremely vaguely or technically true, but she knows the way her audience perceive them will be different and work in her favour.

the master of manipulation

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Just remembered something else that gave me the impression she didn't have much money growing up. I think it was 2019 and she (apparently) paid for her and her sisters and mum I think to go somewhere on holiday and she said something like "as my mum had 4 children we didn't go on holiday a lot". I remember thinkin yes if my mum struggled to afford to take 2 kids on holiday occasionally it must be so much harder with 4 kids.

She dances round the truth so much, like someone said she has a proper politician way of speaking.

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
Also on her story this afternoon saying she’s had stitches in her stomach but “the grind awaits” I thought her book was about how “hustle culture” is bad?

• Haha
  • Heart