Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so funny because I also suspect that I may have ADHD and you guys on here are making me believe this even more! What a weird coincidence

Reactions: 14
This is so funny because I also suspect that I may have ADHD and you guys on here are making me believe this even more! What a weird coincidence
Me too!! 😂 I've always been easily distracted and like having a few different tasks on the go so if I get bored of one I can move onto the next - even in work 😂 I'm the same in conversation aswell, I can be talking about something, jump to a new topic then jump back to the old one. My ex boyfriend said he thought I was ADHD! Never really thought anything of it but reading these comments is making me wonder haha 😂

• Heart
She really is the epitome of a dumb person using a thousand buzz-words to sound smart 🙄

Reactions: 15
People that think having adhd is OMG SQUIRREL and acting like a 5 year old boy, actually cringe me out and make me want to die. It’s literally the most unhelpful stereotype, especially for women
Haha yes that's so true. For the longest time ADHD wasn't even on my radar because I didn't realise how it can manifest with the inattentive type. I actually felt incredibly sluggish and lethargic with 24/7 brain fog. I always wondered how other people could iust tick things off a to do list because I had no energy and motivation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Same here - my boss just got diagnosed and her and a few other people in my life have mentioned that they think I might have it! I'm not super hyper or anything like that - I think I didn't even consider ADHD being a reason behind some of my behaviours until a year or two ago (when I was in my early/mid 20s) because of the stereotypes.

Reactions: 6
The bus is still hideous.

I'm sure she's memorised the bus route/timetable so she can conveniently be in the right place at the right time for insta stories

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Glad to have founded the ADHD support group! I wasn’t expecting so many others here to have ADHD but it sort of makes sense.

• Heart
I was firstly diagnosed with ADD, now I have a diagnosis for OCD and depression on top of the ADD. Sometimes it is difficult to know which one causes the rest. 😅

More woman are diagnosed after school, during university, as the work load increases to show the cracks. Which is exactly what happened to me.

A positive in my opinion is that I feel like it really makes one think deeper into something, and make detailed observations of how things have resulted differently to the initial intention. I guess it makes one more critical and concerned on topics guided by one's chosen values. Obviously just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone.

But that's why I couldn't just keep congratulating Grace on her accomplishments when I was still a follower because it isn't matching up to the standard she set out to achieve.

She was not critiqued at the very start, she was constantly praised, even up till now. Slowly certain iffy truths came out and those that had her best interests at heart pointed it out BUT since then, she still has not shown any remorse or accountability in her wrong doing, recognition to those that have constructively criticized and essentially helped her businesses. And this leaves a bitter taste...

Some things that she has been held accountable for can be said to be trivial matters, in the grand scheme of things, but it's because she keeps disregarding helpful points time after time and throwing it into the troll narrative pile.

It feels like justice is never served because we are rightly pointing out things that are genuinely wrong but then everyone turns around and calls us the bad guys for doing the good guy things. It makes no sense.

The treatment to those who constantly look at the positives versus those who question further is so frustrating.

l felt like I couldn't be part of Grace's community anymore because I'm the party pooper questioning her antics.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Slightly OT, but I saw this from Alpkit, who operate in a similar field to Grez ie. exercise apparel and kit; their 2021 sustainability report. I know they’ve been around for longer than she’s been doing business, but they didn’t have the head start of Gleam/Genflow/Mummy and Daddy’s millions. Just thought it was really interesting that they’re doing (or supposedly attempting to do in a laughably fail-y way in the case of Grez’s businesses) a similar thing ie. provide quality goods at reasonable prices whilst not compromising on sustainability, but they’re actually evaluating how well they’re doing it and striving for better. Which is very much not the case when you look at Miss Grease.

I was firstly diagnosed with ADD, now I have a diagnosis for OCD and depression on top of the ADD. Sometimes it is difficult to know which one causes the rest. 😅

More woman are diagnosed after school, during university, as the work load increases to show the cracks. Which is exactly what happened to me.

A positive in my opinion is that I feel like it really makes one think deeper into something, and make detailed observations of how things have resulted differently to the initial intention. I guess it makes one more critical and concerned on topics guided by one's chosen values. Obviously just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone.

But that's why I couldn't just keep congratulating Grace on her accomplishments when I was still a follower because it isn't matching up to the standard she set out to achieve.

She was not critiqued at the very start, she was constantly praised, even up till now. Slowly certain iffy truths came out and those that had her best interests at heart pointed it out BUT since then, she still has not shown any remorse or accountability in her wrong doing, recognition to those that have constructively criticized and essentially helped her businesses. And this leaves a bitter taste...

Some things that she has been held accountable for can be said to be trivial matters, in the grand scheme of things, but it's because she keeps disregarding helpful points time after time and throwing it into the troll narrative pile.

It feels like justice is never served because we are rightly pointing out things that are genuinely wrong but then everyone turns around and calls us the bad guys for doing the good guy things. It makes no sense.

The treatment to those who constantly look at the positives versus those who question further is so frustrating.

l felt like I couldn't be part of Grace's community anymore because I'm the party pooper questioning her antics.
I was diagnosed whilst at uni too - when it all came crashing down on me lol.

One funny 'silver lining' of ADHD is end up going down rabbit holes and researching all sorts of topics - I feel like I've gained insights into all sorts of eclectic topics. On the other hand, it's not so great when I should be doing something else but influencer culture is such bullshit and I can't wait for its downfall. I must say, this thread is very entertaining and the posters here are all so articulate and intelligent!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hi all ADHD tattlers on the Grace thread, I have ASD which has some similarities! There really is a type of person who sees through her BS 😂

• Heart
Don't know if anyone's seen but there's new regulations for influencers doing ads regarding makeup/skincare which means they aren't allowed to use filters when showing the product and "results". Make sure you flag it up if you see it done by anyone especially Ms Grease with the ren and Charlotte Tilbury ads all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Don't know if anyone's seen but there's new regulations for influencers doing ads regarding makeup/skincare which means they aren't allowed to use filters when showing the product and "results". Make sure you flag it up if you see it done by anyone especially Ms Grease with the ren and Charlotte Tilbury ads all the time
yet they all seem to still? ugh ridiculous

Reactions: 6

I was diagnosed at university but I’d been having problems for years that my teachers and GP wrote off as depression, social anxiety and perfectionism. It’s only when I pointed out that the functional issues are still there when my mood and everything else is in place that they started to take me seriously.
In my view depression is usually secondary to ADHD but GPs just see a woman with mood problems and think that the functional issues are caused by depression.

Grace is so blinded by her privilege that she thinks that her basic productivity tips and ramblings about hustle culture are what we’ve all been missing.
Thanks Grace, I thought it was my ADHD that was making me hyperfocus on a new interest to the extent that I forget to eat but now I’ve time blocked ‘lunch’ on my calendar I’m cured!

Hi all ADHD tattlers on the Grace thread, I have ASD which has some similarities! There really is a type of person who sees through her BS 😂
Lol I also have ‘borderline ASD’ (whatever that is - to be honest I think it’s just that I have the ADHD symptoms that overlap with ASD).

• Heart
Haha funny, I've also been thinking I might have adhd. I was quite good at school and had decent grades but I wasn't able to pay attention to people speaking without doodling at the same time which always got me in trouble even though it was the only time when I could take lessons in. It's so hard for me to pay attention to people talking, it's especially an issue now when it actually matters because I have to be on the ball in work meetings and retain what is being said. I also really struggle to watch stuff, I've seen hardly any movies cause I can't pay attention for long enough. I do move a lot between different activities at work, starting 10 things at the same time and having issues finishing. If I have a big project I get very easily overwhelmed. It seems like I've had these issues a lot but now It actually matters for work, it has a really big impact on my life.

• Heart
Haha funny, I've also been thinking I might have adhd. I was quite good at school and had decent grades but I wasn't able to pay attention to people speaking without doodling at the same time which always got me in trouble even though it was the only time when I could take lessons in. It's so hard for me to pay attention to people talking, it's especially an issue now when it actually matters because I have to be on the ball in work meetings and retain what is being said. I also really struggle to watch stuff, I've seen hardly any movies cause I can't pay attention for long enough. I do move a lot between different activities at work, starting 10 things at the same time and having issues finishing. If I have a big project I get very easily overwhelmed. It seems like I've had these issues a lot but now It actually matters for work, it has a really big impact on my life.
Oh my gosh it’s like reading myself writing! None of my friends can understand why I can’t watch movies!!

I was also just googling about hypersensitivity in adhd and I’m just so convinced I’ve found the answer to so many years of suffering with huge huge fear of rejection / criticism (I get physical pain) / not being liked and what I felt to be social anxiety yet couldn’t put my finger on because I have always been the loud, fun one!!

Also it’s just so lovely to have discovered this thread full of wonderful people - even if it ends up that I don’t have it, it’s comforting in a way to understand that others feel this way too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
One funny 'silver lining' of ADHD is end up going down rabbit holes and researching all sorts of topics - I feel like I've gained insights into all sorts of eclectic topics. On the other hand, it's not so great when I should be doing something else but influencer culture is such bullshit and I can't wait for its downfall. I must say, this thread is very entertaining and the posters here are all so articulate and intelligent!
I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 15/16 and the last couple of years since I've finished uni and been working full time have probably been the worst in terms of my inability to manage symptoms - but what you just mentioned about going down rabbit holes and researching stuff is one thing that I absolutely love about it (even though it can have it's cons in terms of neglecting other things). It means I can talk passionately and in depth about a variety of topics, and am also a frequent winner of the pub quiz lol

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.