Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you, the 'scholarship' thing drives me mad. Private schools give out tiny 'scholarships' (which are 'merit based', not needs based) to loads of their students so that they can claim charitable status and say things like 'actually, over half of our pupils recieve financial assistance!' which doesn't at all mean they are giving full scholarships to kids who can't actually afford it. It's a couple of hundred quid here and there (off tens of thousands of pounds in fees), for kids whose parents can afford it anyway. And the oxford choral scholarship is just £400/year to anyone who sings in the choir - she lost it anyway because she left the choir.
I went to a private school until I went to college and all the people who ended up granted scholarships for the 6th form were just people who/whose parents wanted to brag about getting one (despite them being very rich and clearly not needing it). I have a general issue with private education but regardless this seems so unethical to me, taking money from someone who needs it

is this "QVC segment" in her stories about TALA products? either way I found it so cringe, and her comment at the beginning "if I want to speak about something I will" sounded pretty pass agg to me

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Does she have any other way to describe her products other than ‘so flattering’, ‘so nice’, ‘makes your waist look tiny’, ‘makes your bum look huge’. The little showcase she just did on her IG seems so half-arsed, and with the aggressive filter she has over herself she could be wearing a vest from Primark and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reactions: 34
As well as being generally quite classist Oxbridge interviews (Cambridge anyway) are so southern-centric. My friend had an interview for Geography at Cambridge and they asked a question about some unlabelled map of some streets within London, when she said she'd never been to London so didn't know where they were talking about she said they looked so shocked/almost disgusted and had to scramble for another question from previous years. Safe to say she already knew she wasn't getting an offer lmao

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
As well as being generally quite classist Oxbridge interviews (Cambridge anyway) are so southern-centric. My friend had an interview for Geography at Cambridge and they asked a question about some unlabelled map of some streets within London, when she said she'd never been to London so didn't know where they were talking about she said they looked so shocked/almost disgusted and had to scramble for another question from previous years. Safe to say she already knew she wasn't getting an offer lmao
that is insane, how could they think that was appropriate?! If I was your friend this would convince me to go to another uni anyway

Does she have any other way to describe her products other than ‘so flattering’, ‘so nice’, ‘makes your waist look tiny’, ‘makes your bum look huge’. The little showcase she just did on her IG seems so half-arsed, and with the aggressive filter she has over herself she could be wearing a vest from Primark and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
she either uses an OTT amount of overly "academic" words or just the same 3 words over and over, no in between

Reactions: 12
I'm from Merseyside and 3 people from my school/college went to Oxbridge. They were from working class backgrounds. They were very intelligent though, way beyond the average. I got into a red brick uni but I would never have dreamed of applying for an Oxbridge uni. Tbh, I would never have wanted to 😂 I had a much better time and gained better life experience at university in Liverpool.

This was back in 2008 though so maybe it's become much more difficult to get into Oxbridge over the past decade or so.
👀👀👀 how random! Similar situation at my school in same time period and area 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does she have any other way to describe her products other than ‘so flattering’, ‘so nice’, ‘makes your waist look tiny’, ‘makes your bum look huge’.
Her view of what makes a product good is so rooted in 2017 fitness beauty standards to me as well tbh. I don't think you can pretend that you company legitimately caters to people of all sizes, while making it abundantly clear that your main goal is to have anyone who wears them fit your problematic standard of beauty.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I went to a grammar school up north and my school definitely picked out students to groom for Oxbridge. I remember two students- one who refused to apply at all even though she would've gotten in with absolutely no issue, and another who applied and then refused his place and went somewhere else- he wrote his entire general studies exam on why he felt bullied by the school and why he didn't want to go.

Funnily enough, everyone I know who actually went really disliked their time there.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Kind of off topic but has anyone here actually applied for Oxford? I got 2 A’s and A* in my A Levels and applied for Oxford for Archaeology and Anthropology. My parents think they saw ‘Lives/From Liverpool’ and threw my application away 🤣 back in 2015
my brother applied and got a place this year. Funnily enough he going to read music (following in grease’s footsteps 😂) he is currently in his final year at a £43,000 a year boarding school where roughly 50% go to Oxbridge + the ivy leagues, so I am no stranger to the type of privilege that Grace and her siblings have (although I am most certainly not the heiress to millions). Although he is a VERY hard worker,he certainly knows that this is not the reason why he has a place, his immense privilege, with a little bit of hard work sprinkled on top is

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i can’t believe how much her tits were staring at me during that “QVC” and i also find it hilarious how much they push that “side boob” bra. it looks so uncomfortable and the fabric on all of those looks so cheap!

(disclaimer i have nothing against boobs being out and about, it was just like all i could focus on bc it was half the screen 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hate how all she seems to suggest that matters in a “look” is the waist, the bum and the boobs, I’m all for feeling good and so on but I don’t think it’s very responsible to a younger audience to focus on that so much and I’ve never come across any other brand that seems to be so obsessed with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I hate how all she seems to suggest that matters in a “look” is the waist, the bum and the boobs, I’m all for feeling good and so on but I don’t think it’s very responsible to a younger audience to focus on that so much and I’ve never come across any other brand that seems to be so obsessed with this.
Especially when, for most people who aren’t “genetically blessed” with that body shape naturally, compressing your waist and having your tits and arse hoicked up to that extent is just goddamn uncomfortable. Like modern day corsetry except less saucy basque and more sausage skin.

Those Hosta shorts my thighs destroyed were so uncomfortable, I can’t see how anyone who has to squeeze into Tala stuff even in the slightest could feel good in them. I like to be able to breathe tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Mental that in her none of her qvc segments for her activewear company does she ever say perfect for the gym 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 56
If she really wanted to purely be seen as a businesswoman and not an influencer, all she would have to do is only post for business- basically delete her personal account, but there’s no way she’d give up that influencer income!
On her personal account all she does is post bullshit and embarrass with her inability to talk about anything concisely. Girl you aren't in uni anymore, you don’t have to fill a word count all the time!

Thank you, the 'scholarship' thing drives me mad. Private schools give out tiny 'scholarships' (which are 'merit based', not needs based) to loads of their students so that they can claim charitable status and say things like 'actually, over half of our pupils recieve financial assistance!' which doesn't at all mean they are giving full scholarships to kids who can't actually afford it. It's a couple of hundred quid here and there (off tens of thousands of pounds in fees), for kids whose parents can afford it anyway. And the oxford choral scholarship is just £400/year to anyone who sings in the choir - she lost it anyway because she left the choir.
yes! this is the biggest misconception. i was watching made in chelsea and heard people say they were a “sports” scholar or a “art” scholar and it’s obvious those words really don’t mean much. i mean i was a sports leader when i was 16 but guess it doesn’t have the same ring to it lmao

Reactions: 10
my brother applied and got a place this year. Funnily enough he going to read music (following in grease’s footsteps 😂) he is currently in his final year at a £43,000 a year boarding school where roughly 50% go to Oxbridge + the ivy leagues, so I am no stranger to the type of privilege that Grace and her siblings have (although I am most certainly not the heiress to millions). Although he is a VERY hard worker,he certainly knows that this is not the reason why he has a place, his immense privilege, with a little bit of hard work sprinkled on top is
omg 50%!!!!!!!!! at least your brother is aware of his priviledge, something Grease clearly is not

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She's just put on her stories that she recommends "sizing up" for some of the tala clothes, baffles me why clothes brands do this??? Why don't they just size things properly so we don't have to do mental gymnastics every time we're ordering something online.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I wish she'd put her tits away for once 🤢
I wish she would just leave instagram completely. If I was in charge, all these rancid white posh influencers would have a life time ban off the app.
Its so funny though, you can really tell when a tala product isn’t selling because she starts trying to flog it on her story with her tits out lol

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.