Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doubt it. She kept the location of that flat way more hidden that this house. Also with it being a flat it would be much harder to access. She wouldn't have been dumb enough to put the Rightmove pics up if she was concerned about a stalker.

Notice how she put that she's not going to address any of the criticism the book receives, she's getting of the curve because knows she's going to get it by the barrel. I already foresee people posting screenshots of the accidentally hilarious paragraphs and them going viral on twitter.
Tbh she filmed out the window a lot so if you’re familiar w London it was pretty easy to tell whereabouts her flat was

Reactions: 3
Tbh she filmed out the window a lot so if you’re familiar w London it was pretty easy to tell whereabouts her flat was
But you still had to get in to the block, work out which is her apartment, etc. Whereas with the house she made it possible to find with a simple reverse image search and you can just turn up there.

Reactions: 2
omg I unfollowed her at least 2 years ago and then saw the drama on twitter....what on earth has happened to her mouth? I can swear her teeth didn’t always look so....clunky?😬 and wow she said so much on her IG stories but also nothing at all. Barely acknowledged her privilege and the “vocally left wing” made me cringe beyond belief

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yeah I don't think she ever actually described herself as 'rich', which is what the tweet was saying, just 'privileged' which really aren't the same thing. I'm privileged, as most of her audience are in some way, but I'm not rich.

Reactions: 27
omg I unfollowed her at least 2 years ago and then saw the drama on twitter....what on earth has happened to her mouth? I can swear her teeth didn’t always look so....clunky?😬 and wow she said so much on her IG stories but also nothing at all. Barely acknowledged her privilege and the “vocally left wing” made me cringe beyond belief
she got her teeth bonded i think

Reactions: 3
Not sure how I stumbled across this tweet but clearly she supported Grace.

Skip to the present moment.
I wonder why Grace hasn't put "born into wealth and privilege" in her instagram bio.🤔
That’s the thing, grace thinks everyone is mindless haters, but actually most people were ex fans who’ve been put off by her behaviours or the way she’s personally spoke to them
Look at how quickly these threads have moved in like a year. She’s been a influencer for ages now, and went years without a thread back when she was that relatable uni student
Problem is you can’t keep up the mask for so long

it’s stupid things like I remember her saying once about working in customer service so obviously assumed that to mean working in a shop like normal teenage jobs. But she was referring to handling queries about her own e-book. She has an art of saying things that will extremely vaguely or technically true, but she knows the way her audience perceive them will be different and work in her favour.

the master of manipulation

• Heart
Reactions: 56
yeah take that maybe that’s badly worded on my part, but nothing about her apart
from when she brings it up
at her own convenience suggests she’s a survivor of trauma to
me? for
someone who shares (shared) 90% of her life online i’ve never seen her talk about therapy for this trauma? never heard her talk about other physiological or psychological involuntary trauma responses and i’m not saying she has to talk about these things far from it but when u put yourself online and share and overshare SO MUCH these are things i’d expect to see or pick up on at least if not discussed explicitly.
i work with a lot of people who have survived trauma who very outwardly tho inexplicitly display trauma responses in so many areas of their lives
She did explicitly talk about going to therapy before, in a youtube video. She's in control of her own image and I imagine she wouldn't be that keen to keep in clips that show any trauma responses she might have. I can also find case studies in the literature of stress-induced anaphylaxis, so I think PTSD causing an anaphylactic reaction seems feasible if rare. Is it convenient to bring up mental health struggles when criticised? Yes. Is it kind of a dick move to assume she's lying/exaggerating and nitpicking her trauma responses? I think so :/

(Edit: spelling)

Reactions: 14
She did explicitly talk about going to therapy before, in a youtube video. She's in control of her own image and I imagine she wouldn't be that keen to keep in clips that show any trauma responses she might have. I can also find case studies in the literature of stress-induced anaphylaxis, so I think PTSD causing an anaphylactic reaction seems feasible if rare. Is it convenient to bring up mental health struggles when criticised? Yes. Is it kind of a dick move to assume she's lying/exaggerating and nitpicking her trauma responses? I think so :/

It sounds like a dick move, maybe, if you aren't aware of the mountain of lies and blame shifting we have witnessed here, and on GG over the years. I totally agree that we shouldn't be questioning its validity, but it can be hard not to because this gal lies constantly :cry: And the timing (when she is under fire for totally unrelated issues) makes it seem more disingenuous. I am choosing to believe her and wish her the best with therapy, but its important to acknowledge the context in which its been revealed. It is sort of insulting to other victims for her to bring it up whilst being called out.

Its also important to remember that all the criticism she is receiving at present concerns information and content she has made/told us/put out there for the world to see. She seems incredibly insecure. Wish she would take a break from social media tbf :(

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Listen mate, if a patient with severe food allergies presents with anaphylaxis, there is no way in hell that as a medical professional you are then going to tell your patient ‘your body reacted this way due to the PTSD’. It just doesn’t happen because
1. It’s by far the least likely cause
2. Telling your patient that is just going to cause them undue stress

I’m literally just telling you this from a medical perspective. The most she would’ve been told is that PTSD worsened the anaphylaxis
Like I feel like either I’m not explaining myself or people aren’t understanding me, I’m not saying shes lied about having anaphylaxis? I’m saying she had the anaphylaxis but the chances of it being caused by PTSD, and the chances of a doctor telling her that, are slim to none.

Reactions: 29
Listen mate, if a patient with severe food allergies presents with anaphylaxis, there is no way in hell that as a medical professional you are then going to tell your patient ‘your body reacted this way due to the PTSD’. It just doesn’t happen because
1. It’s by far the least likely cause
2. Telling your patient that is just going to cause them undue stress

I’m literally just telling you this from a medical perspective. The most she would’ve been told is that PTSD worsened the anaphylaxis
Like I feel like either I’m not explaining myself or people aren’t understanding me, I’m not saying shes lied about having anaphylaxis? I’m saying she had the anaphylaxis but the chances of it being caused by PTSD, and the chances of a doctor telling her that, are slim to none.
I'm referring to the possibility it's a non-organic cause, so not true measurable anaphylaxis but rather a somatoform reaction. It absolutely also could be poor wording on her part, and that PTSD induced stress worsened existing allergies. I don't think you're saying she lied about anaphylaxis, and am not trying to be hostile at all, just that it's hard to know exactly what she means based on limited information she has put out.

@Pixienuts1975 I was on GG and agree she's done lots of questionable things and understand the frustration. It 100% can be disingenuous to mention mental health struggles when being criticised. All I was saying is that I think it's unhelpful to question the validity of any trauma which I think a few comments have bordered on doing.

Reactions: 7
The thing is, she had plenty of warning that something like this tweet was going to happen. We and countless others have been telling her how she’s been coming across for over a year, but any time she’s been called out, she not only blocks the person, but anyone that interacts positively with their comment, and hides or deletes it so nobody else can see it. She filters her comments so certain topics don’t come up. Where she’s platformed elsewhere, either by her design or Gleam’s, those comments are censored, too. And if she does engage, it’s usually just to defend herself, with this “you can disagree if you want, I’d just rather you didn’t do it in my time/space 😊” stuck at the end.

Pre-emptively removing anyone that shows any sign of agreeing with criticism of her from her platforms is the opposite of being open about and comfortable with her privilege and background, and she’s paying for it hard now that she’s the subject of a viral meme that will have been seen by millions of people, certainly more people than she has followers.

Her saying she finds the meme “funny” is code for her saying she understands and accepts her privilege, but going by her housemates’ comments, I don’t think she does. Although it’s not out of character for her to accept logically unsound and/or problematic support, I don’t think she would have let them comment that stuff without her greenlighting it, and that alone suggests she doesn’t really understand how she is advantaged and what she has done wrong.

I get the impression she is very insecure, but insecurity isn’t a good enough excuse for her behaviour, and if she can’t conduct herself properly due to her mental ill health, she needs to take a break (which she has the luxury to be able to do!) instead of expecting other people to be okay with suffering as a result of her actions just because she’s mentally ill. These aren’t people she had personal relationships with (that wouldn’t make it OK, just a bit less cut and dry), they are her employees and her customers and she has exploited them. If she has been going to therapy since that video nearly three years ago, she either isn’t speaking to her therapist about her career, just whatever it was that caused her PTSD, or is presenting the information dishonestly. Or she’s just ignoring her therapist? There is no way her therapist would hear her say anything that boils down to “I set my friends on critics and insult fans” or “I got teenagers to work for me for a few quid” or “I responded to a huge controversy by winging it on live-posted Instagram stories” (all things that would stress Grace out and be candidates to bring to therapy) and not try to talk to her about it or recommend alternate ways of dealing with it, unless she’s got a tit therapist or is doing something less conversational, like CBT.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm referring to the possibility it's a non-organic cause, so not true measurable anaphylaxis but rather a somatoform reaction. It absolutely also could be poor wording on her part, and that PTSD induced stress worsened existing allergies. I don't think you're saying she lied about anaphylaxis, and am not trying to be hostile at all, just that it's hard to know exactly what she means based on limited information she has put out.

@Pixienuts1975 I was on GG and agree she's done lots of questionable things and understand the frustration. It 100% can be disingenuous to mention mental health struggles when being criticised. All I was saying is that I think it's unhelpful to question the validity of any trauma which I think a few comments have bordered on doing.
No no, I’m sorry if I came across as hostile myself! What you’re saying is true, but I’ve already agreed there is a highly unlikely chance that it could have been caused by stress. What I’m saying is that from a clinical perspective there is no way that any doctor has actually told her that the anaphylaxis she experienced was caused by PTSD, given her medical history, it just doesn’t happen for the reasons I mentioned before. So its just kind of more like, where did she get this information that it was caused by PTSD?
I agree about it being hard to know what she means with what she puts out as well. If you look on her twitter she was talking about repeatedly having anaphylactic shocks within the space of 48 hours, and its just like... fr? An ‘anaphylactic shock’ is such a serious thing, you need to go to hospital every time for it and if you don’t treat it ASAP you’re dead, potentially within minutes in some cases. Unless a patient with an allergy is repeatedly eating nuts and forcing them to have this happen to them again and again, this just wouldn’t happen?
So I feel like maybe when she says ‘anaphylaxis’ and ‘anaphylactic shock’ she’s not actually referring to full blown anaphylaxis, but idk.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No no, I’m sorry if I came across as hostile myself! What you’re saying is true, but I’ve already agreed there is a highly unlikely chance that it could have been caused by stress. What I’m saying is that from a clinical perspective there is no way that any doctor has actually told her that the anaphylaxis she experienced was caused by PTSD, given her medical history, it just doesn’t happen for the reasons I mentioned before. So its just kind of more like, where did she get this information that it was caused by PTSD?
I agree about it being hard to know what she means with what she puts out as well. If you look on her twitter she was talking about repeatedly having anaphylactic shocks within the space of 48 hours, and its just like... fr? An ‘anaphylactic shock’ is such a serious, you need to go to hospital every time for it and if you don’t treat it ASAP you’re dead, potentially within minutes in some cases. Unless a patient with an allergy is repeatedly eating nuts and forcing them to have this happen to them again and again, this just wouldn’t happen?
So I feel like maybe when she says ‘anaphylaxis’ and ‘anaphylactic shock’ she’s not actually referring to full blown anaphylaxis, but idk.
I think she has a tendency to exaggerate which is probably where the anaphylaxis thing has come from. Like when she said she has half lung capacity, which would put her at much higher risk of covid than others her age. Her exaggerations come to bite her back in the arse eventually. Honestly, it’s something I did a lot as a teenager that I actively try not to do now, as a very over dramatic person, her behaviours seem so blatant to me and it makes me think ‘oh god, is that how I sound to other people!?!’

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Looool gleams clearly had a word and told her to take them down. Thankfully someone screen recorded

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.