Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
I just can’t understand how we’re at a point where thinking a male rapist doesn’t belong anywhere near female prisoners under any circumstances whatsoever is controversial. It’s absolutely terrifying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

ScarlettOHaha

I've never heard any gay people complain about them. Obviously some will, but I don't think there's widespread dislike of them.

I don't believe people really have any genuine issue with them, they just invent complaints about cost and horses. It's kinda transparent.

As usual it's divisive people who complain about division.
All my lesbian friends (me included) HATE the rainbow crossings. We moan about how it’s ramming LGBTQIA2A+ alphabet soup stuff down the public’s throats and making homophobia more prevalent. People are getting sick of it all. We don’t want to go to Pride anymore because it’s full of men crawling about in pup suits and far too much kink in public.
That’s not what we marched for back in the day!
These crossings and lanyards and adverts on every bloody cash machine I go to are making people fed up!
We got equal marriage, that’s what we wanted, equality, then Stonewall looked around for a new revenue stream and BOOM we were taken over by the trans ideology movement. The push for everything to be about gender identity is what those crossings are about and for my gay friends, who are in their 40s and 50s, it’s not the direction we wanted to go in whatsoever.

Stonewall have absolutely spilt and ruined the movement and I will never forgive them.
We have no lesbian bars left, no dating apps that aren’t full of AGP men and we are banned from any social media groups if we dare to talk about it. It’s absolutely heartbreaking, and every time I see one of those crossings, my partner and I roll our eyes and are metaphorically spooked like the horses are,
I feel my community is destroyed,

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

ScarlettOHaha

And heaven forbid we ever have a day of remembrance for the 2.5 women murdered every week by men in the UK. Imagine that? police standing for a minute’s silence to remember the dead women.
Irony is ,..A good few of them would be under suspicion for hurting women themselves.

• Heart
  • Angry

nicalibres

VIP Member
I really hope the coverage of this male rapist is the tipping point for this dangerous nonsense but I won’t hold my breath.

The picture of him in pink leggings with an obvious and deliberate bulge is so repulsive but it’s a perfect insight into the mindset of deviants like this. He’s mocking his victims and continuing to assert his power and control over them, and women in general, with the backing of the state. He’s now potentially going to be placed permanently in cortonvale where he can re-traumatise vulnerable women with impunity. This is a living hell.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

ScarlettOHaha

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I have only been using Tattle since September and this thread intermittently. I was so happy to see that there was a space to discuss these issues as so few exist.
I’m not sure I understand the parameters correctly though … to my mind the discussion about rainbow crossings and the lack of actual same sex spaces in lgbtq communities are directly connected to the gender debate. One of the first communities to speak out were lesbians. We have been likened to canaries in the coal mine because also it ten years ago there were workshops called The Cotton Ceiling run for transwomen on how to get into our pants. It’s what freaked me out, even before I realised they were transing children and putting them on medical pathways. It’s the cloak of lgbt rights and diversity and inclusion that has shoehorned the total erosion and obliteration of women’s rights and single sex spaces throughout the western world. So the crossings are part of the whole issue!

JKRowling wrote much about lesbian erasure in her essay. The corporate world and Human Resources departments are pushing this ideology onto all of us at work as well as in our general lives. It’s all part of the same problem, gender ideology is touching every part of our lives, in our schools and consequently brainwashing our children.
It’s impossible to separate topics up as I can’t actually think of a part of my life that isn’t actually infected by this dreadful cultural phenomenon at the moment.
Sports, prisons, workplaces, schools, government, changing rooms, gay spaces and on and on and on. I feel like we are fighting on all fronts and sometimes it’s actually terrifying how insidious it all is. So playing down any element of it, whether it’s a road crossing or a lanyard is annoying as it’s all connected.

We are in a culture war and sometimes I feel we have already lost. Spaces like this make me feel less bleak so I hope we can discuss any element we feel is relevant. I don’t want to be signposted to an LGB area ( I didn’t know there was one) because I know that us lesbians are submerged by gender ideology, just like the rest of us, and it feels like drowning!

(Sorry that this reads a bit like a dramatic Jack Monroe blog - I feel too emotional about this stuff at times).
---

1. Trans and gender ideology takes over the gay rights movement. They sell this to governments as diversity and inclusion.
2. Local authorities demonstrate their diversity by replacing zebra crossings with rainbow ones.
3. Some people point out that this is a danger to blind people as dogs can’t understand them.
4. Some people accuse other people of transphobia and homophobia.
5. The blind community lose safe road crossings and can’t even complain about it.

This is how it works.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
Amelia Strickler has spoken out about new rules in her sport.

Fina also aimed to establish an 'open' category at competitions for swimmers whose gender identity is different than their sex recorded at birth.

While such moves have been praised for protecting female sport, some critics have said these rules are discriminatory.

Olympic diving champion Tom Daley [surprise surprise :rolleyes:] said he was "furious" at Fina's approach, saying: "Anyone that's told that they can't compete or can't do something they love just because of who they are, it's not on."

Strickler said:
"It is just something that me, my peers and my colleagues - we all work hard day in, day out - we don't want to see this happen.

"I hope people will just see an open category is still fair and inclusive but we do have to protect female sport and we have to make sure women are not at such a disadvantage."

'Big athletes not yet willing to publicly say they support me'
Strickler, who won silver at the 2017 British Athletics Championships, added she was "hoping for more support" moving forward.
"There have been big names that have spoken to me, they just are not willing to publicly say it yet," said the Ohio-born athlete.
"The more support we get on this, hopefully the rules will be put in space to protect us and our sport.

"Athletics is not football, we don't make big money. The contracts and funding matter. A lot of people don't want to jeopardise that and don't want to be called transphobic.

"That is not about not including people - that is certainly not what I'm saying. I just think we need to protect the female sex and female sport."

When I checked the BBC Sports page this article was at the top - very refreshing for the BBC to have a balanced article so prominently placed.
Someone should let Mr Daly know that there are actual women who can’t do something they love because of who they are when you allow men into their category.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

katyazamo

Chatty Member
Adam the rapist's estranged wife has spoken to the Mail and called the whole thing a sham. He was also violent towards her. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nder-rapist-Isla-Bryson-warns-never-stop.html

I also saw this article while I was on the DM regarding half of trans prisoners only"transitioning" after conviction: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-womens-prisons-UK.html?ico=related-replace

Something I feel should be noted though, is that a lot of the comments are saying shame on Scotland, Sturgeon etc and I agree, but this isn't just Scotland's problem. Sadly the SNP and Sturgeon have jumped on the bandwagon but it is really the consequence of the wider TRA lobby for years on end, the constant erasure of women, boundaries, single sex spaces, and the "live and let live/be kind" attitudes. We have been sleepwalking into it. No one listened when women spoke up, we were accused of being TERFs and dismissed as haggard old jealous crones. I feel heartened that more media outlets are starting to pick up on this but worry it's too little too late.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I was a bit braver yesterday at work, had a chat and walk with another female colleague and they brought up their surprise at another person in another department suddenly presenting as they/them, cropped hair, men's clothing etc. I let her lead (as she didn't know I am GC), the gist of her views was that whilst she could understand some people have dysphoria or whatever, it seems there's a lot of pick-me attention seeking going on and that whilst she will respect pronouns she doesn't want men in the female loos for safety and privacy reasons and she worries about school kids being told to tell their parents off for "accidentally deadnaming" them etc.

So apart from the pronouns she's pretty much a terf ☺ I reciprocated and said it's tough, that we can't talk more openly about it at work because we constantly have to do unconscious bias refreshers, constantly told we must think this and we must think that. She agreed. It was so refreshing to know someone else in the team is questioning this stuff.

I think some parents (she is one) are starting to see that their kids are being indoctrinated with this pick-me mentality, all-adults-are-bigots ideology. I pointed out to her that top surgery seems to be the new anorexia, and that sex offenders becoming "trans" is the new "Judge, I have found Jesus, be lenient". She didn't disagree.

There's one woman in my team who is very epitome of a pick-me ally who jumps down peoples throats over everything, so I am wary of her, and don't bring stuff up casually in earshot of her, but it is heartening to know my other colleague has common sense.

Oh and my place pushes rainbow lanyards so much, I pretty much had them waved in my face as a reminder that they are available to swap out for my existing one. We have default plain colour one for the employer when we join, a colour synonymous with the brand of the place, but some keen managers keep reminding us where we can collect rainbow lanyards and badges to replace the lanyard. I have resisted, firstly because I don't like being forced to comply, but mostly because I don't wear my badge as I get rashes from wearing the lanyard so I always have it on my desk instead and only carry it when moving around to other rooms. I respect and support LGB but I do not like the incessant box ticking and reminders that the lanyards are available. How about tell us once where they are and then leave us alone. Some of us go to work to answer emails and complete tasks, stop treating us like mannequins for your virtue signalling. I am all for the occasional refresher session on being nice to everyone regardless of background and race and sex etc, but stop preaching at us on every bulletin, in every departmental meeting etc. To me, it feels the same as when you try to swerve the overenthusiastic street preachers in the town centre. I just want to do my job without being told I need to comply to a surface level "accept all these million new genders or else you are a bigot". Leave women alone, leave LGB alone, leave men alone, leave children alone.

One of my favourite ex-colleagues is lesbian, and she loves Dave Chappelle's skits and has said she can't stand pick-me behaviour of the place we worked (partly why she left), and she never donned the rainbow lanyard, happily dressed androgynously without making a fanfare about it, and never made her sexuality her personality in the workplace. One of the most humble and hardworking people I have ever known and my "work idol", someone I aspire to be like in terms of my work output. People like her, just being authentic, inspire me. I think this goes to show that you can be supportive of people, inspired by people who differ to you, when they don't push it in your face. I am far more likely to listen to real people with real stories than the general surface level stuff being pushed on social media, but it seems that the attention seekers get all the coverage and genuine people like my ex-colleague are mostly ignored.

Okay that was long, lol.
TLDR-

-found a colleague at work who is concerned about ideology, finally I know I am not the only one
- work continues to push ideology and the rainbow wearables
- genuine LGB people are often overshadowed by the surface level capitulation-or-bigot trend

• Heart

katyazamo

Chatty Member
On toilets, women cannot even say: no, I don't want to share a public restroom with men. We always have to give a reason. We shouldn't need to explain why we want privacy. NO is a full sentence.

I just don't want to share a bathroom with a man. It's not because I think they are all predators. Or because I might be on my period or because I want to sort out my makeup. Men and women are entitled to privacy for five fucking minutes. Is that too much to ask?

This BS is being drip fed to us. What do women need their own toilets for? You're only there for a few minutes, what's the problem? What do you need a rape crisis centre for? Trans women can be raped too. What do you need women's prisons for? Trans women are women, so you need to let them in. And so it continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Sea

VIP Member
I was on rhe train this morning and in the Metro newspaper was the article on the rapist. I underlined every "Man" (crossing out "wo").

I also scribbled he is a rapist, he is a man who wants to go to women's prisons to have it easy, to continue to have power over women.

Hopefully someone reads it and thinks..

• Heart

Ekathrina

VIP Member
Yesterday, on a friends Facebook post about Sam Smith I made a comment correcting some bloke who said that “Intersex people are biologically non-binary”. Obviously his immediate reaction at my temerity was to become absolutely enraged and call me a Terf bigot - for nothing more than pointing out that people with DSD’s are still biologically male or female. Several other blokes all then piled on to give me abuse and a lot of the comments were ‘liked’ by women too.
Further down the post quite a few blokes made some quite strongly worded remarks along the lines “All this trans stuff is shite” or “If you cut a dogs bollocks off that doesn’t make it a bitch”, Tumbleweed. A woman can say something quite reasonable and fairly inoffensive and she’ll get abuse for it, a man can say something about the same subject and actually be quite derogatory and those men will say nothing at all. The misogyny is so obvious it’s unreal.

• Angry
  • Sad

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Had a break through with my daughter today who I previously thought was totally captured! We were talking about the new Hogwarts Legacy game which is coming out and she said that she wouldn't be made to feel bad because she wants to play it. Then she said that JK Rowling didn't say anything awful anyway (which of course I agreed with). I followed up with a discussion about the Scottish rapist and she agreed that he was a man trying to exploit a loophole on the law! Wonders will never cease.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Vanelope

VIP Member
You are calling the Royal National Institute for the Blind divisive.

They are a waste of money. Does someone need to get knocked down on one to prove the point as you are minimizing a problem because it doesn’t affect you.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Or your big fat sweaty boobs.
I feel like half of non-binary people are just low self esteem people who aren't conventionally attractive and thus construct an entire persona and image around their unattractiveness to feel important.

Just be a fucking goth or a mosher like the rest of us were for fuck's sake.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

ScarlettOHaha

But what do rainbow crossings do other than annoy people? Scarlett I’m sorry you feel let down by stonewall and your community. I found your comments interesting because I’m straight and I have gay friends and even if I didn’t I would support gay rights and will not let a homophonic comment go unchecked (and sadly there is still so much homophobia about so even just last week I had to pull my brother up for an ignorant comment he made about 2 gay teenagers he saw holding hands ffs). But I’m getting so sick of rainbows and pride 🙈to me it’s doing nothing for the cause of unity and equality. It’s pushing us further apart. It’s ‘othering’ gay people even more. It doesn’t make me judge gay people for it, I actually put the blame firmly with corporations and media execs who are ticking diversity boxes for the sake of it. We are supppsed to ‘celebrate’ people for being gay, but why? A close friend of mine who is a lesbian agrees and we have a running joke where she demands a rainbow fanfare on a night out as she is the only gay one in our group. To be showered in glitter 😁 Gay people just want to live their lives like everyone else! I don’t know exactly where I’m going with this but the constant lgbt messages we as a society as subjected to is OTT imo and possibly doing more harm than good.
Exactly.
Someone made a fake wiki page about the Pride calendar for 2023, it was basically every day of the year. Ironically it’s not that far from the truth! We have Pride month now. Why a month? You’re right it’s a lot about corporate virtue signals and consumerism.
There is no Disabilities month, or Racism month. No police car drives round with disability colours all over them, even the trains to and from the Glasgow action on Sunday were LGBTQIAA colours! This is not appropriate! It’s special treatment and it IS causing resentment. Deservedly so.
Trans Day of Remembrance! Not a single trans person died in the UK in the last two years yet Surrey Police stood by a trans flag at their local cenotaph for a minute’s silence on the day. Wtf? They never do anything like that for old people or disabled people or people with autism, or gay people! It’s all about the trans and it’s broken the gay movement. Those of us that speak up are ostracised. That’s why we formed LGB Alliance.
I shall stop and calm down now as I could go on and on!

• Heart
Reactions: 45

MmmB777

VIP Member
Endless debate? A handful of posts with valid concerns about safety for people that are genuinely vulnerable (people with vision impairment, elderly, learning disabled) and need clear road markings. Some posters very reasonable first hand accounts of their vision problems were over the top were they? Some TRA tactics there ✌
Whilst it’s not a pressing issue (until someone gets knocked over on one or because they didn’t know where the safest place to cross was) it correlates with women’s ignored concerns about their safety in single sex spaces. Rainbow crossings aren’t as safe as they should be, mixed changing rooms aren’t as safe as they should be, mixed toilets aren’t as safe as they should be.
I’m sure there would have been no debate if accusations of homophobia hadn’t been thrown around anyways.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

weeweegie

VIP Member
I think it’s worth noting and acknowledging how everything we have talked about for ages in here is now being discussed by the general public in a way we’ve not seen before. It is a win (of sorts) for the GC cause. More and more people are talking out now publicly about the ramifications on women and how it impacts us.

Shame on everyone who has jumped on the TWAW bandwagon these last few years, because it was trendy and they were shit scared of the TRAs. Shame on those who dropped friends and colleagues, took what they thought was the higher moral ground, been openly abusive to women, called JKR an evil nazi etc etc. Now they are seeing the very real issues that self ID brings. And that it was never about hatred of trans people, and only about the rights of women. The fact it’s taken an actual rapist on the back of Nicola’s insane gender reforms to highlight what we’ve all been saying for years is astounding and totally shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

ScarlettOHaha

My friends and I aren’t happy AT ALL. We are getting homophobia from within our own community! Stonewall has redefined same sex attraction as same GENDER attraction which effectively means if we don’t say we accept transwomen in our dating pool, we are transphobic! Nancy Kelly likened lesbians like me who pushback as racist!

Of course there’s still old fashioned homophobes, but there’s thousands more new ones who are trans activists. I’ve had death threats from them on Twitter for simply asserting my same sex attraction. I have been banned from loads of fb groups for saying what I’m saying here.
For saying women don’t have penises. For calmly saying that we should be able to have female only lesbian groups.
Young lesbians say they’ve started meeting in secret! This isn’t progress, it’s absolutely shameful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43