Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread here

Reactions: 9
Adam the rapist's estranged wife has spoken to the Mail and called the whole thing a sham. He was also violent towards her. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nder-rapist-Isla-Bryson-warns-never-stop.html

I also saw this article while I was on the DM regarding half of trans prisoners only"transitioning" after conviction: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-womens-prisons-UK.html?ico=related-replace

Something I feel should be noted though, is that a lot of the comments are saying shame on Scotland, Sturgeon etc and I agree, but this isn't just Scotland's problem. Sadly the SNP and Sturgeon have jumped on the bandwagon but it is really the consequence of the wider TRA lobby for years on end, the constant erasure of women, boundaries, single sex spaces, and the "live and let live/be kind" attitudes. We have been sleepwalking into it. No one listened when women spoke up, we were accused of being TERFs and dismissed as haggard old jealous crones. I feel heartened that more media outlets are starting to pick up on this but worry it's too little too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I hope this rapist news makes a lot of people THINK “A male rapist in a womens prison? Hell no!”

I still also can’t get over the attempt to cancel Aretha Franklin’s Natural Woman song… when will the masses wake up and say “no more” to being told what not to listen to, what to read etc.

Heartened though to see David Blunkett and Tony Robinson speaking out. More need to do it but maybe people are feeling more brave (not you, Mark Hamill)

Reactions: 36
Nicola Sturgeon trying to throw everyone else under the bus.

Take some responsibility for once Nicola, this is on you

Reactions: 27
The Prime Minister's spokesman said: 'This is a case in which the courts are yet to hand down a sentence so I'm not going to give anything on the specifics. I've seen the reporting and understand the concerns.'

He added: 'The UK has a policy which sees the prison service in England and Wales manage transgender prisoners on a case-by-case basis and transgender women must go through a robust risk assessment which factors in their offending history and anatomy before they can be moved to a women's prison.'

The Tories are doing better than any other party but they are still not doing enough and this is still happening on their watch. This response is just not good enough. No trans woman should be going anywhere near a women’s prison. I don’t care what crime they committed or what risk they may or may not present to female inmates. They are male. They should not be there, full stop.

Reactions: 43
I was on rhe train this morning and in the Metro newspaper was the article on the rapist. I underlined every "Man" (crossing out "wo").

I also scribbled he is a rapist, he is a man who wants to go to women's prisons to have it easy, to continue to have power over women.

Hopefully someone reads it and thinks..

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I just can’t understand how we’re at a point where thinking a male rapist doesn’t belong anywhere near female prisoners under any circumstances whatsoever is controversial. It’s absolutely terrifying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Amelia Strickler has spoken out about new rules in her sport.

Fina also aimed to establish an 'open' category at competitions for swimmers whose gender identity is different than their sex recorded at birth.

While such moves have been praised for protecting female sport, some critics have said these rules are discriminatory.

Olympic diving champion Tom Daley [surprise surprise :rolleyes:] said he was "furious" at Fina's approach, saying: "Anyone that's told that they can't compete or can't do something they love just because of who they are, it's not on."

Strickler said:
"It is just something that me, my peers and my colleagues - we all work hard day in, day out - we don't want to see this happen.

"I hope people will just see an open category is still fair and inclusive but we do have to protect female sport and we have to make sure women are not at such a disadvantage."

'Big athletes not yet willing to publicly say they support me'
Strickler, who won silver at the 2017 British Athletics Championships, added she was "hoping for more support" moving forward.
"There have been big names that have spoken to me, they just are not willing to publicly say it yet," said the Ohio-born athlete.
"The more support we get on this, hopefully the rules will be put in space to protect us and our sport.

"Athletics is not football, we don't make big money. The contracts and funding matter. A lot of people don't want to jeopardise that and don't want to be called transphobic.

"That is not about not including people - that is certainly not what I'm saying. I just think we need to protect the female sex and female sport."

When I checked the BBC Sports page this article was at the top - very refreshing for the BBC to have a balanced article so prominently placed.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Fina also aimed to establish an 'open' category at competitions for swimmers whose gender identity is different than their sex recorded at birth.

While such moves have been praised for protecting female sport, some critics have said these rules are discriminatory.

Olympic diving champion Tom Daley [surprise surprise :rolleyes:] said he was "furious" at Fina's approach, saying: "Anyone that's told that they can't compete or can't do something they love just because of who they are, it's not on."

Strickler said:
"It is just something that me, my peers and my colleagues - we all work hard day in, day out - we don't want to see this happen.

"I hope people will just see an open category is still fair and inclusive but we do have to protect female sport and we have to make sure women are not at such a disadvantage."

Strickler, who won silver at the 2017 British Athletics Championships, added she was "hoping for more support" moving forward.
"There have been big names that have spoken to me, they just are not willing to publicly say it yet," said the Ohio-born athlete.
"The more support we get on this, hopefully the rules will be put in space to protect us and our sport.

"Athletics is not football, we don't make big money. The contracts and funding matter. A lot of people don't want to jeopardise that and don't want to be called transphobic.

"That is not about not including people - that is certainly not what I'm saying. I just think we need to protect the female sex and female sport."

When I checked the BBC Sports page this article was at the top - very refreshing for the BBC to have a balanced article so prominently placed.
He's an utter moron, no one is being told they can't compete or continue to participate. They are just having to compete in their biological sex category which means they won't win but it is only right that the consequences of their choices impact them, rather than biological women.

Reactions: 42

Strickler said:

Someone should let Mr Daly know that there are actual women who can’t do something they love because of who they are when you allow men into their category.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I really hope the coverage of this male rapist is the tipping point for this dangerous nonsense but I won’t hold my breath.

The picture of him in pink leggings with an obvious and deliberate bulge is so repulsive but it’s a perfect insight into the mindset of deviants like this. He’s mocking his victims and continuing to assert his power and control over them, and women in general, with the backing of the state. He’s now potentially going to be placed permanently in cortonvale where he can re-traumatise vulnerable women with impunity. This is a living hell.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Several years ago I gave "The rebel girl good night stories" book to my goddaughter.
Yesterday I was visiting them (the collective family not a singular pronoun!!) and asked if she still had the book..yes. I asked to have a read through. Guess what I found... page 46.
A boy called Coy who liked pink dresses abd wants to be a she and asks mommy & daddy when he can have medicines. He fights his elementary school to use girls toilets. His family win abd they celebrate with cake and pink girly stuff.

Thankfully goddaughter had had more interest in Malala yousafzai (or Beyonce- don't judge!) rather than a boy who likes pink.
But the indoctrination on children had crept in years ago and I didn't know 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
The outcry about the rapist in a woman’s jail should surely lead to anyone with a modicum of intelligence to realise the only logical way to keep women and girls safe is to keep men out of women’s spaces. ALL men, including those in fancy dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
UK Government has changed its policy on transgender prisoners - this will only apply in England and Wales, but it's a good step forward.

Question: What will happen as a result of these new changes?

As a result of the new policy, transgender women who are in future sentenced to custody and

• have male genitalia

OR

• who have been convicted of sexual offences

will not serve their sentences in the general women’s estate unless there are exceptional circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Several years ago I gave "The rebel girl good night stories" book to my goddaughter.
Yesterday I was visiting them (the collective family not a singular pronoun!!) and asked if she still had the book..yes. I asked to have a read through. Guess what I found... page 46.
A boy called Coy who liked pink dresses abd wants to be a she and asks mommy & daddy when he can have medicines. He fights his elementary school to use girls toilets. His family win abd they celebrate with cake and pink girly stuff.

Thankfully goddaughter had had more interest in Malala yousafzai (or Beyonce- don't judge!) rather than a boy who likes pink.
But the indoctrination on children had crept in years ago and I didn't know 😔
It could’ve been a really empowering story of a boy who goes against sexist stereotypes and is self assured and confident enough to openly like what he likes despite peer pressure and potential bullying, but NooOoOoO, if you like pink you have to be a girl and want to mutilate your genitals.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I really hope the coverage of this male rapist is the tipping point for this dangerous nonsense but I won’t hold my breath.

The picture of him in pink leggings with an obvious and deliberate bulge is so repulsive but it’s a perfect insight into the mindset of deviants like this. He’s mocking his victims and continuing to assert his power and control over them, and women in general, with the backing of the state. He’s now potentially going to be placed permanently in cortonvale where he can re-traumatise vulnerable women with impunity. This is a living hell.
I have been lurking here for a while and reading. I think more and more women are being peaked and I think a lot of it is *because* of extreme TRAs. Until 2018ish, I was all "transwomen are women" blah blah blah but it was actually the whole episode of Rose McGowan getting shouted down at her own book reading in NYC by a TRA that actually made me clue in. Specifically, the TiM claiming transwomen are raped more than women!? I literally peaked then thanks to his shrieking.

Anyway, I am in stealth mode and deeply undercover. Not helpful, I know, but I've already lost one female friend for not believing TWAW. But I am hopeful that more and more will start being more aware and open about it because of this case...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Today on LBC a transwoman rang in and apologised for his deep voice, Dawn, and then went on to say that transwomen are more at risk from sexual violence than ‘cis’ women. I really wished that Tom Swarbrick had had the knowledge to say that’s rubbish, he sounded sceptical but didn’t ask for evidence.
However the good thing about today is the subject has been on all stations and news items and there is genuine pushback. David Blunkett was phenomenal at lunchtime and so was Posie Parker.
This case will make a big difference, the prison issue is trending on Twitter and hopefully it will lead to change.
We must be optimistic for the sake of all those poor vulnerable prisoners. One newspaper says some of them have stopped washing because there are men in the showers. It’s a dystopian nightmare!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.