Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope these pervs take a wrong turn on Sunday and happen upon some Glasgow neds. They’ll piss their furry costumes in fear.

What worries me is if they are head to toe covered, then their identity is hidden and I can imagine if they punch a woman and run off noone will know who it is. The costumes will embolden them, I fear.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Another unexpected outburst of common sense...is the tide finally turning?
Not sure if it's the reporting but under these rules all the DSD athletes would still be legible as it says recorded female at birth which they were. Hopefully the rules cover that anomaly

Reactions: 8
View attachment 1933148
Gosh, I always read about women exposing their fannies when confronted by the police. Why don’t the papers just avoid using tit like ‘her penis’ (🤮🤮🤮) and use ‘the accused’ or even just the name? Clunky but no more clunky than her penis FFS.
Because IPSO guidelines demand they respect the offender's gender identity. It's a men's rights movement.
---

Via Fair play for women on FB.

This self ID as you likey is really starting to grate now.

The GRA must be repealed (I think the Tories may do this as part of their next election manifest) and all GRC's cancelled, they are nothing more than a fiction.

"Well done EHRC. Much needed clarity. This is the U.K. equality regulator doing it’s job well. Rapid response confirming British Athletics CAN lawfully exclude GRC holders from women’s sport. British Athletics can’t say they weren’t told. “We [EHRC] reached out to UK Athletics and offered to discuss the legal advice underpinning their statement. We are disappointed that they have chosen to publicise their inaccurate advice”. Proof of how confused and fearful sports orgs now are about protecting women’s sport. Even when the UK EQUALITY REGULATOR calls to tell them female-only sport is lawful they still don’t dare implement the policy! The chilling effect of the GRA is real."

Reactions: 11
Not sure if it's the reporting but under these rules all the DSD athletes would still be legible as it says recorded female at birth which they were. Hopefully the rules cover that anomaly
Presumably they will have to meet the testosterone requirements though.

Reactions: 3
I was a bit braver yesterday at work, had a chat and walk with another female colleague and they brought up their surprise at another person in another department suddenly presenting as they/them, cropped hair, men's clothing etc. I let her lead (as she didn't know I am GC), the gist of her views was that whilst she could understand some people have dysphoria or whatever, it seems there's a lot of pick-me attention seeking going on and that whilst she will respect pronouns she doesn't want men in the female loos for safety and privacy reasons and she worries about school kids being told to tell their parents off for "accidentally deadnaming" them etc.

So apart from the pronouns she's pretty much a terf ☺ I reciprocated and said it's tough, that we can't talk more openly about it at work because we constantly have to do unconscious bias refreshers, constantly told we must think this and we must think that. She agreed. It was so refreshing to know someone else in the team is questioning this stuff.

I think some parents (she is one) are starting to see that their kids are being indoctrinated with this pick-me mentality, all-adults-are-bigots ideology. I pointed out to her that top surgery seems to be the new anorexia, and that sex offenders becoming "trans" is the new "Judge, I have found Jesus, be lenient". She didn't disagree.

There's one woman in my team who is very epitome of a pick-me ally who jumps down peoples throats over everything, so I am wary of her, and don't bring stuff up casually in earshot of her, but it is heartening to know my other colleague has common sense.

Oh and my place pushes rainbow lanyards so much, I pretty much had them waved in my face as a reminder that they are available to swap out for my existing one. We have default plain colour one for the employer when we join, a colour synonymous with the brand of the place, but some keen managers keep reminding us where we can collect rainbow lanyards and badges to replace the lanyard. I have resisted, firstly because I don't like being forced to comply, but mostly because I don't wear my badge as I get rashes from wearing the lanyard so I always have it on my desk instead and only carry it when moving around to other rooms. I respect and support LGB but I do not like the incessant box ticking and reminders that the lanyards are available. How about tell us once where they are and then leave us alone. Some of us go to work to answer emails and complete tasks, stop treating us like mannequins for your virtue signalling. I am all for the occasional refresher session on being nice to everyone regardless of background and race and sex etc, but stop preaching at us on every bulletin, in every departmental meeting etc. To me, it feels the same as when you try to swerve the overenthusiastic street preachers in the town centre. I just want to do my job without being told I need to comply to a surface level "accept all these million new genders or else you are a bigot". Leave women alone, leave LGB alone, leave men alone, leave children alone.

One of my favourite ex-colleagues is lesbian, and she loves Dave Chappelle's skits and has said she can't stand pick-me behaviour of the place we worked (partly why she left), and she never donned the rainbow lanyard, happily dressed androgynously without making a fanfare about it, and never made her sexuality her personality in the workplace. One of the most humble and hardworking people I have ever known and my "work idol", someone I aspire to be like in terms of my work output. People like her, just being authentic, inspire me. I think this goes to show that you can be supportive of people, inspired by people who differ to you, when they don't push it in your face. I am far more likely to listen to real people with real stories than the general surface level stuff being pushed on social media, but it seems that the attention seekers get all the coverage and genuine people like my ex-colleague are mostly ignored.

Okay that was long, lol.
TLDR-

-found a colleague at work who is concerned about ideology, finally I know I am not the only one
- work continues to push ideology and the rainbow wearables
- genuine LGB people are often overshadowed by the surface level capitulation-or-bigot trend

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Because IPSO guidelines demand they respect the offender's gender identity. It's a men's rights movement.
---

Via Fair play for women on FB.

This self ID as you likey is really starting to grate now.

The GRA must be repealed (I think the Tories may do this as part of their next election manifest) and all GRC's cancelled, they are nothing more than a fiction.

"Well done EHRC. Much needed clarity. This is the U.K. equality regulator doing it’s job well. Rapid response confirming British Athletics CAN lawfully exclude GRC holders from women’s sport. British Athletics can’t say they weren’t told. “We [EHRC] reached out to UK Athletics and offered to discuss the legal advice underpinning their statement. We are disappointed that they have chosen to publicise their inaccurate advice”. Proof of how confused and fearful sports orgs now are about protecting women’s sport. Even when the UK EQUALITY REGULATOR calls to tell them female-only sport is lawful they still don’t dare implement the policy! The chilling effect of the GRA is real."

UK athletics needs sacked, the spineless turds. Replace them with people who don't break the law.

Reactions: 7
I have a grammar question.
As a French citizen English can be confusing and these new pronouns are impossible to learn obviously.
But, I am wondering: when a person wants us to use « they/them » are we supposed to use the plural after or the singular form of the verbs? They are or they is? As it’s for one person?

And why don’t they want us to use « it/its »?
I totally agree with the confused logic about grammar. its confusing and makes virtually no sense. Ive no idea of the answer!

I think the issue about 'it ' is that it is used for impersonal things......... which doesnt go with the idea of respecting individual people and their unique feelings. !!!! So its better to use a plural, ???????

I dont understand the logic at all.......

I can see some have previously answered part of this......using they to refer to an individual in absence.....but it still doesnt explain how to properly use they, if you are watching a TV programme, or writing an article, On 'Glow up' the make up show there was a gender neutral person on there,
Should you say .....they is making up a model, singular, or they are making up a model?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I totally agree with the confused logic about grammar. its confusing and makes virtually no sense. Ive no idea of the answer!

I think the issue about 'it ' is that it is used for impersonal things......... which doesnt go with the idea of respecting individual people and their unique feelings. !!!! So its better to use a plural, ???????

I dont understand the logic at all.......

I can see some have previously answered part of this......using they to refer to an individual in absence.....but it still doesnt explain how to properly use they, if you are watching a TV programme, or writing an article, On 'Glow up' the make up show there was a gender neutral person on there,
Should you say .....they is making up a model, singular, or they are making up a model?
'They' is a plural, used to refer to people that are not present, when you are communicating with someone - 'they have gone out' 'they asked me to call you'.
So, to refer to one person as 'they', you need to completely mangle the English language.
We have a perfectly good language that works well, and we use this to express ourselves freely without having to question every word - she/her/hers for a female, they/them/their for more than one person, and he/him/his for a male.

Why change this to accommodate the tiny percentage of the population who have decided they are neither male or female?

Reactions: 17
Thank goodness I'm retired (education) and don't have to put up with all this gender bs. The writing was on the wall years ago when we were told to replace certain wording in traditional nursery rhymes and songs. The indoctrination now is off the scale.

Reactions: 22
I was a bit braver yesterday at work, had a chat and walk with another female colleague and they brought up their surprise at another person in another department suddenly presenting as they/them, cropped hair, men's clothing etc. I let her lead (as she didn't know I am GC), the gist of her views was that whilst she could understand some people have dysphoria or whatever, it seems there's a lot of pick-me attention seeking going on and that whilst she will respect pronouns she doesn't want men in the female loos for safety and privacy reasons and she worries about school kids being told to tell their parents off for "accidentally deadnaming" them etc.

So apart from the pronouns she's pretty much a terf ☺ I reciprocated and said it's tough, that we can't talk more openly about it at work because we constantly have to do unconscious bias refreshers, constantly told we must think this and we must think that. She agreed. It was so refreshing to know someone else in the team is questioning this stuff.

I think some parents (she is one) are starting to see that their kids are being indoctrinated with this pick-me mentality, all-adults-are-bigots ideology. I pointed out to her that top surgery seems to be the new anorexia, and that sex offenders becoming "trans" is the new "Judge, I have found Jesus, be lenient". She didn't disagree.

There's one woman in my team who is very epitome of a pick-me ally who jumps down peoples throats over everything, so I am wary of her, and don't bring stuff up casually in earshot of her, but it is heartening to know my other colleague has common sense.

Oh and my place pushes rainbow lanyards so much, I pretty much had them waved in my face as a reminder that they are available to swap out for my existing one. We have default plain colour one for the employer when we join, a colour synonymous with the brand of the place, but some keen managers keep reminding us where we can collect rainbow lanyards and badges to replace the lanyard. I have resisted, firstly because I don't like being forced to comply, but mostly because I don't wear my badge as I get rashes from wearing the lanyard so I always have it on my desk instead and only carry it when moving around to other rooms. I respect and support LGB but I do not like the incessant box ticking and reminders that the lanyards are available. How about tell us once where they are and then leave us alone. Some of us go to work to answer emails and complete tasks, stop treating us like mannequins for your virtue signalling. I am all for the occasional refresher session on being nice to everyone regardless of background and race and sex etc, but stop preaching at us on every bulletin, in every departmental meeting etc. To me, it feels the same as when you try to swerve the overenthusiastic street preachers in the town centre. I just want to do my job without being told I need to comply to a surface level "accept all these million new genders or else you are a bigot". Leave women alone, leave LGB alone, leave men alone, leave children alone.

One of my favourite ex-colleagues is lesbian, and she loves Dave Chappelle's skits and has said she can't stand pick-me behaviour of the place we worked (partly why she left), and she never donned the rainbow lanyard, happily dressed androgynously without making a fanfare about it, and never made her sexuality her personality in the workplace. One of the most humble and hardworking people I have ever known and my "work idol", someone I aspire to be like in terms of my work output. People like her, just being authentic, inspire me. I think this goes to show that you can be supportive of people, inspired by people who differ to you, when they don't push it in your face. I am far more likely to listen to real people with real stories than the general surface level stuff being pushed on social media, but it seems that the attention seekers get all the coverage and genuine people like my ex-colleague are mostly ignored.

Okay that was long, lol.
TLDR-

-found a colleague at work who is concerned about ideology, finally I know I am not the only one
- work continues to push ideology and the rainbow wearables
- genuine LGB people are often overshadowed by the surface level capitulation-or-bigot trend
I’ve had some conversations in work around gender when people bring up Sam Smith (general consensus: he is an attention seeking brat) and, as we’re in Scotland, the whole ‘Isla’ debacle (general consensus: men aren’t women and a serial rapist shouldn’t be locked up with women). It’s heartening that the majority of people don’t believe you can change sex, but it’s saddening that we feel we can’t openly discuss such things without fear of getting into trouble. It feels a bit sinister.

As the L part of the LGB, I agree that foisting rainbow anything on anyone is a pain. It just comes across as per formative rather than supportive. Have to admit, if I saw Someone with a rainbow lanyard I’d assume that (given the current climate and that a rainbow lanyard is an

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Spotted while picking up the shopping, haven’t read the full article but how awful for prison staff. It’s just satisfying his AGP and humiliating and awful for the staff. What happens to trans men inmates? (Not that I imagine there’s many, as women aren’t violent offenders typically)

i
34B90652-A67F-41E3-B058-BF73DA059958.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Had a break through with my daughter today who I previously thought was totally captured! We were talking about the new Hogwarts Legacy game which is coming out and she said that she wouldn't be made to feel bad because she wants to play it. Then she said that JK Rowling didn't say anything awful anyway (which of course I agreed with). I followed up with a discussion about the Scottish rapist and she agreed that he was a man trying to exploit a loophole on the law! Wonders will never cease.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
For some reason your link didn't work. Here's the URL

Brenda O'Neil is absolutely brilliant and has been GC from the start he is "one of us ". The male athletes only now speaking out did not support Sharon Davies or the handful of women and men who have been so brave. I messaged Gary Linekar on basis he always hilighting some issue about 18 months ago but he ignored it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Had a break through with my daughter today who I previously thought was totally captured! We were talking about the new Hogwarts Legacy game which is coming out and she said that she wouldn't be made to feel bad because she wants to play it. Then she said that JK Rowling didn't say anything awful anyway (which of course I agreed with). I followed up with a discussion about the Scottish rapist and she agreed that he was a man trying to exploit a loophole on the law! Wonders will never cease.
Keep going, she will get there.

Reactions: 21
Keep going, she will get there.
I think we may have turned a corner due to the bad behaviour of her 'trans friend' who she has now fallen out with, details in spoiler below
My daughter was in a relationship with a girl her own age for a number of years, then they made friends with a trans woman. I met this person several times and was always careful to be polite using female pronouns and her female name although I secretly thought she would never really pass and found her weird. Then my daughter's girlfriend got herself an Only Fans account and told my daughter that she was making loads of money. She's a very pretty girl and has attracted lots of followers on Instagram and social media. My daughter tried to tell her that it really wasn't a good idea to do Only Fans because it might affect her future career. They rowed about it. After they broke up my daughter told me that she had found out that the 'trans woman friend' was paying her girlfriend for special content 😳

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
If you ever pop over to the Jessica Alves thread, I’ve no doubt he’d have an unscrupulous enough surgeon going by the state of his face and body. His nose already looks as thought it’s going to fall off at any given moment
I do go on there, yeah. I totally agree, if there was even a remote possibility that womb transplants were going to be available to men he’d be first in the queue. And it would probably be the death of him, too.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.