Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camden - 2021

They've always got taxpayers money to virtue-signal and hand-wring & tambourine-slap, when it comes to ticking boxes.
What about filling the bleeping pot-holes.
My friends van was damaged in Camden when it went into a pot hole in the pouring rain ( she couldn't see the pot hole, it was full of rainwater). That cost her £70 for a new front tyre.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I don't agree with them either. Road Safety should be uniform across the United Kingdom.
Stupid rainbow police cars get on my bleeping tits, too. Things like that have a livery for a reason, in an emergency.
I saw a rainbow police car for the first time yesterday. It just looked wrong, and probably does very little, if anything, to improve things for the LGBT+ community.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I think most people, yes the silent majority, recognise the gestures for the tokenism they are and just dislike them as they are divisive in nature. And that includes gay people too.
I've never heard any gay people complain about them. Obviously some will, but I don't think there's widespread dislike of them.

I don't believe people really have any genuine issue with them, they just invent complaints about cost and horses. It's kinda transparent.

As usual it's divisive people who complain about division.

Reactions: 1
You are calling the Royal National Institute for the Blind divisive.

They are a waste of money. Does someone need to get knocked down on one to prove the point as you are minimizing a problem because it doesn’t affect you.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
You are calling the Royal National Institute for the Blind divisive.

They are a waste of money. Does someone need to get knocked down on one to prove the point as you are minimizing a problem because it doesn’t affect you.
Absolutely. There is very good reason why they are black and white and also why safety signs and road markings should have uniformity. I would have thought it was glaringly obvious to be honest and rather flabbergasted and offended to be accused of homophobia for thinking so 🙃
As a child, an immediate family member was hit by a car and seriously injured. It has life long ramifications for my family. If this causes one accident it’s one too many for something utterly utterly pointless. And if it were the suffragette/terf colours I’d feel exactly the same bleeping way!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Camden - 2021

I just don't think road safety should be compromised by virtue signalling, really. There should be no distractions for humans nor horses.

A road crossing is an instruction, a rule, and so it should be recognisable. There's one I have seen in real life that just looks like a kid has drawn the trans flag with poster paints. When people are driving at anything more than 10mph you really need clear, universal instructions. To be honest if it was a trade off between virtue signalling flags on every street light or Progress flag crossings, I would take the flags. At least those flap in the wind rather than cause confusion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh come on, they're mostly temporary. How often do horses cross rainbow zebra crossings? Talk about creating an issue out of something small.
It’s guide dogs as well.
ETA so sorry, I jumped ahead and several others got there first!

Reactions: 15
I've never heard any gay people complain about them. Obviously some will, but I don't think there's widespread dislike of them.

I don't believe people really have any genuine issue with them, they just invent complaints about cost and horses. It's kinda transparent.

As usual it's divisive people who complain about division.
All my lesbian friends (me included) HATE the rainbow crossings. We moan about how it’s ramming LGBTQIA2A+ alphabet soup stuff down the public’s throats and making homophobia more prevalent. People are getting sick of it all. We don’t want to go to Pride anymore because it’s full of men crawling about in pup suits and far too much kink in public.
That’s not what we marched for back in the day!
These crossings and lanyards and adverts on every bloody cash machine I go to are making people fed up!
We got equal marriage, that’s what we wanted, equality, then Stonewall looked around for a new revenue stream and BOOM we were taken over by the trans ideology movement. The push for everything to be about gender identity is what those crossings are about and for my gay friends, who are in their 40s and 50s, it’s not the direction we wanted to go in whatsoever.

Stonewall have absolutely spilt and ruined the movement and I will never forgive them.
We have no lesbian bars left, no dating apps that aren’t full of AGP men and we are banned from any social media groups if we dare to talk about it. It’s absolutely heartbreaking, and every time I see one of those crossings, my partner and I roll our eyes and are metaphorically spooked like the horses are,
I feel my community is destroyed,

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
I think most people expect neutrality from public services & infrastructure. I wouldn't want a GC painted police car or whatever either. But this is way worse. Something that potentially hinders groups, especially disadvantaged groups like the disabled is disliked for a very good reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
On toilets, women cannot even say: no, I don't want to share a public restroom with men. We always have to give a reason. We shouldn't need to explain why we want privacy. NO is a full sentence.

I just don't want to share a bathroom with a man. It's not because I think they are all predators. Or because I might be on my period or because I want to sort out my makeup. Men and women are entitled to privacy for five bleeping minutes. Is that too much to ask?

This BS is being drip fed to us. What do women need their own toilets for? You're only there for a few minutes, what's the problem? What do you need a rape crisis centre for? Trans women can be raped too. What do you need women's prisons for? Trans women are women, so you need to let them in. And so it continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
All my lesbian friends (me included) HATE the rainbow crossings. We moan about how it’s ramming LGBTQIA2A+ alphabet soup stuff down the public’s throats and making homophobia more prevalent. People are getting sick of it all. We don’t want to go to Pride anymore because it’s full of men crawling about in pup suits and far too much kink in public.
That’s not what we marched for back in the day!
These crossings and lanyards and adverts on every bloody cash machine I go to are making people fed up!
We got equal marriage, that’s what we wanted, equality, then Stonewall looked around for a new revenue stream and BOOM we were taken over by the trans ideology movement. The push for everything to be about gender identity is what. Those crossing are about and for my gay friends, who are in their 40s and 50s, it’s not the direction we wanted to go in whatsoever.
Stonewall have absolutely spilt and ruined the movement and I will never forgive them.
We have no lesbian bars left, no dating apps that aren’t full of AGP men and we are banned from any social media groups if we dare to talk about it. It’s absolutely heartbreaking, and every time I see one of those crossing, my partner and I roll our eyes and metaphorically spooked like the horses are,
I feel my community is destroyed,
Gay marriage is one thing, and that was great, but there's still a lot of homophobia about sadly and we do still have a way to go until full equality.

I'm obviously not suggesting rainbow crossings are going to solve homophobia and I'm not saying there needs to be one in every street, but in reality there are a tiny amount of them and they're mostly about raising a bit of visibility.

I'm glad you and your friends are happy but, like I say, there's still quite a bit of homophobia about - eg anti gay crimes are on the rise. I used to go out in Birmingham's gay village, but I don't feel safe doing that anymore after the attacks.

Examples here - don't click if you don't like blood, but that's the reality unfortunately.

A friend of mine narrowly escaped an attack in Manchester (thankfully he was able to run towards some Police nearby).

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My friends and I aren’t happy AT ALL. We are getting homophobia from within our own community! Stonewall has redefined same sex attraction as same GENDER attraction which effectively means if we don’t say we accept transwomen in our dating pool, we are transphobic! Nancy Kelly likened lesbians like me who pushback as racist!

Of course there’s still old fashioned homophobes, but there’s thousands more new ones who are trans activists. I’ve had death threats from them on Twitter for simply asserting my same sex attraction. I have been banned from loads of fb groups for saying what I’m saying here.
For saying women don’t have penises. For calmly saying that we should be able to have female only lesbian groups.
Young lesbians say they’ve started meeting in secret! This isn’t progress, it’s absolutely shameful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
My friends and I aren’t happy AT ALL. We are getting homophobia from within our own community! Stonewall has redefined same sex attraction as same GENDER attraction which effectively means if we don’t say we accept transwomen in our dating pool, we are transphobic! Nancy Kelly likened lesbians like me who pushback as racist!

Of course there’s still old fashioned homophobes, but there’s thousands more new ones who are trans activists. I’ve had death threats from them on Twitter for simply asserting my same sex attraction. I have been banned from loads of fb groups for saying what I’m saying here.
For saying women don’t have penises. For calmly saying that we should be able to have female only lesbian groups.
Young lesbians say they’ve started meeting in secret! This isn’t progress, it’s absolutely shameful.
There is homophobia but what the gay community does not really realize as they are men: misogyny kills everyday.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The Guardian have scored a bit of an own goal with this one - unless they are looking for an excuse to fire Owen Jones

• Haha
Reactions: 19
But what do rainbow crossings do other than annoy people? Scarlett I’m sorry you feel let down by stonewall and your community. I found your comments interesting because I’m straight and I have gay friends and even if I didn’t I would support gay rights and will not let a homophonic comment go unchecked (and sadly there is still so much homophobia about so even just last week I had to pull my brother up for an ignorant comment he made about 2 gay teenagers he saw holding hands ffs). But I’m getting so sick of rainbows and pride 🙈to me it’s doing nothing for the cause of unity and equality. It’s pushing us further apart. It’s ‘othering’ gay people even more. It doesn’t make me judge gay people for it, I actually put the blame firmly with corporations and media execs who are ticking diversity boxes for the sake of it. We are supppsed to ‘celebrate’ people for being gay, but why? A close friend of mine who is a lesbian agrees and we have a running joke where she demands a rainbow fanfare on a night out as she is the only gay one in our group. To be showered in glitter 😁 Gay people just want to live their lives like everyone else! I don’t know exactly where I’m going with this but the constant lgbt messages we as a society as subjected to is OTT imo and possibly doing more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Unfortunately, I don’t think that lanyards, crossings, police cars and flags are going to solve the problem of homophobic attacks by men. How would they? Some aggressive bloke looking for someone to attack isn’t going to see a rainbow crossing and suddenly have some kind of Damascene conversation and realise the error of their ways. The kind of people who do those things ARE infuriated by what they see as things being rammed down their throat and it doesn’t take much for that resentment to boil over.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Gay people didn't see improvements in equality by doing duck all, though. That's kind of the point.

But don't worry about it.

I wonder how many people look at a rainbow crossing and think, “I MUST stop being a homophobic twit now!” Or even for ‘visibility’: “A rainbow crossing! I remember now that there ARE gay people around, thanks!” They’re not even for LGB people anymore are they, let’s be real.

There will always be homophobia no matter how many garish rainbows you paint on the floor. It’s how people are brought up from childhood and what they think is acceptable. In a family where words like poof/fag etc are used freely and homophobia is the norm, it’s education that’ll help to change views. Not crossings. No one seems to give two shiny fucks about deaf or blind people, or those with learning disabilities. Let’s give the crossings a rest and spend the million pounds it costs on teaching children sign language, or investing in schemes getting people with LD into paid work (something dire like less than 10% of people with a LD are in paid work despite being perfectly capable). Or as we’ve mentioned before, how about some playground equipment for children who use wheelchairs? How about some adult sized changing hoists in clean, safe changing rooms in public areas? How about some bleeping streetlights and decent CCTV around subways women have to walk through? Not in the mood for ‘they don’t hurt anyone’. They do, and they don’t add anything, so get rid.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.