Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t care if THE RAPIST is an AGP/legit trans person OR a bloke trying to game the system by accessing court-ordered victims on tap. That really isn’t the issue to me. The issue is that he has the ability to say he’s a woman and nobody is allowed to dispute whether or not that’s okay. The issue is that the victims have been totally sidelined to debate about where we should house male prisoners who suddenly decide that they’re actually female. With no regard for actual females in any of this situation. Women are just little pawns in this issue. It’s ALL about THE MAN.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Brendan O'Neill in The Spectator:
It is an affront to language and truth to say ‘her penis’. It is an affront to Bryson’s victims too, who presumably had to listen as the man who assaulted them had his identity flattered and his delusions validated.

Alan Cochrane in The Telegraph:
They’re now laying bets as to when she’ll resign the leadership – after next year’s general election, perhaps, if her vote doesn’t hold up, or maybe even sooner. And she’s encouraged such speculation by announcing that she’s keen to start writing her memoirs and by refusing to say how long she’ll definitely stay as leader.

This issue seems to make people’s brains fall right out of their heads.

Sturgeon thought this was an easy, progressive win after being slow to support gay marriage, and that she could comfortably make the Tories look like bigots, because she doesn’t understand transgenderism in the slightest. Many straight people don’t, although the penny seems to be dropping now.

As soon as the law got involved trying to enforce a person’s sense of self then the plot was lost. Bryson is not, never has been, never will be, a woman, and we can’t just “be kind”, “live and let live” and put a rapist in a women’s prison. When it comes down to it, men are not women. There is absolutely no need to act like they are. And the elephant in the room is autogynephilia.

I’m gay and I entirely support individual free expression, clothing choices and sexuality of consenting adults. None of that should attract judgment. I don’t even care if autogynephiles want to enjoy their own thing in their own private time. But that does not translate to men in women’s spaces, being told as a lesbian I should include males in my dating pool, males in women’s sport and especially not males locked up with vulnerable women. Everyone needs to get real.

Bryson’s crimes were despicable but the delicious timing of this case couldn’t even have been scripted. Before even the idiotic law is passed, the potential for mischief is all over the front pages. “Self-ID is valid and causes no problems… oh not THAT self-ID, because, uh, NOW we can tell the difference.”

• Heart
Reactions: 40

More about their time at college. Was asked to leave because they made others fell uncomfortable, and of course they immediately played the “transphobic” card whenever anyone raised any issues. Possesiveness, clingy behaviour, belittling her and being nasty if ever she even talked to someone else, then playing the victim.

Y‘know it sounds awfully like they were grooming her….

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I really don’t care if THE RAPIST is an AGP/legit trans person OR a bloke trying to game the system by accessing court-ordered victims on tap. That really isn’t the issue to me. The issue is that he has the ability to say he’s a woman and nobody is allowed to dispute whether or not that’s okay. The issue is that the victims have been totally sidelined to debate about where we should house male prisoners who suddenly decide that they’re actually female. With no regard for actual females in any of this situation. Women are just little pawns in this issue. It’s ALL about THE MAN.
This. At this point I don't give a duck if he's a genuine trans person or not (I dont believe he is in the slightest). I literally don't care. If that makes me a horrible person than so be it. I know what it's like to be violently raped and the women he has both attacked and the ones he absolutely will attack if he has access to them have my support.

Because I just don't give a duck about the 'rights' of rapists.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I am noticing more AGPs striding around in public in my city centre now. Those I have seen locally seem to be middleaged.
Same. Saw one in Queen Margaret Drive (Glasgow) in a denim mini, frilly ankle socks, hair in bunches, 6ft tall and as masculine looking as you can get. They’ve been emboldened.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Ahhh Reddit loons are so predictable.
I love the ones who suddenly can denounce a “trans identity” when they think it makes them look bad.
The person in the last screenshot is soooo close to getting that if anyone, even rapists, can benefit from saying they are a woman, then maybe we shouldn’t let any men say they are a woman.

Reactions: 14
The person in the last screenshot is soooo close to getting that if anyone, even rapists, can benefit from saying they are a woman, then maybe we shouldn’t let any men say they are a woman.
This is it, isn't it. Who are we to say he's not "trans" - I'm sure that once you're faced with the consequences of your actions it's probably easier to construct an entire new identity than to admit to yourself that you're an absolute beast. And when your own government is sanctioning such changes based on your feelings for three months (but hey, who's counting?), it seems obvious that this will happen. He's decided that he's trans based on the same criteria as everyone else - because he says so. So, either he's trans and the community need to accept that trans women continue to present the same risks as men (goodbye, "trans are the most vulnerable" rhetoric!) , or he's not really trans, and then self ID is blown out the water.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This. At this point I don't give a duck if he's a genuine trans person or not (I dont believe he is in the slightest). I literally don't care. If that makes me a horrible person than so be it. I know what it's like to be violently raped and the women he has both attacked and the ones he absolutely will attack if he has access to them have my support.

Because I just don't give a duck about the 'rights' of rapists.
Quite right but sadly seeing people interviewed in Glasgow yesterday some people where still worried about his safety with one guy saying maybe a transgender wing. The simple fact is people like him and ponces are always targetted by the general prison population. We had the likes of Peter Tobin, William Beggs that if they where put in general population they would be dead within a few days. The SPS are well capable of protecting scum like Bryson without putting him anywhere near woman.

Reactions: 19
I still also can’t get over the attempt to cancel Aretha Franklin’s Natural Woman song… when will the masses wake up and say “no more” to being told what not to listen to, what to read etc.
This was a joke from a stupid “satire” account.

I wish people wouldn’t do parody accounts unless they’re very clever and very witty, because too often they just get mistaken for the real deal, and all it does is muddy the waters as this has done. It’s also the fault of the way media outlets operate these days, because they tend to seek out tweets they know will make for interesting headlines and then write articles around them, even if the tweet itself had virtually zero engagement.

Reactions: 9
This was a joke from a stupid “satire” account.

I wish people wouldn’t do parody accounts unless they’re very clever and very witty, because too often they just get mistaken for the real deal, and all it does is muddy the waters as this has done. It’s also the fault of the way media outlets operate these days, because they tend to seek out tweets they know will make for interesting headlines and then write articles around them, even if the tweet itself had virtually zero engagement.
True but it also highlights how easily some people believe what they read online without doing a little more research. A lesson learnt I think!

Reactions: 3
The one thing that gives me hope reading this article is that despite it referring to him as ‘her’, the witnesses are quoted as referring to him as him. The witnesses calling it as it is, a male pervert doing perverted things. I wonder if the person writing it fights with their conscience to call an obvious man a woman.

ETA: does anyone else feel like more cross dressing perverts are coming out into the open? Every other day there’s an article or something. Where are all the perverted TiFs…? It’s almost as if it’s a predominately male problem.
Yes I live in Surrey and no lie I see one everytime I go out. Different men as well, I said to my husband their perversion has been given a green light and we can't say anything. Next it will be men in bondage and gif masks doing their food shopping.

---

Yes I live in Surrey and no lie I see one everytime I go out. Different men as well, I said to my husband their perversion has been given a green light and we can't say anything. Next it will be men in bondage and gif masks doing their food shopping.
gif masks, predictive text isn't pervy yet!

---

---

gif masks, predictive text isn't pervy yet!
I give up!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"According to Ministry of Justice statistics recently released, 20% of male prisoners are sex offenders but 60% of male trans are sex offenders".
But trans women aren't a threat to women and men wouldn't pretend to be trans to access women 😑

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I get people don't like Sam Smith for the daft they/them pronoun thing, but I can't help feel at least some of the objection to him is a bit puritanical. 😂

I mean, Madonna was doing videos like that to 'shock' in the 1980s and here we are in the 2020s and some people are still clutching their pearls in mock horror. I think it risks undermining the position, as it makes it seem like any objection to trans stuff is rooted in Mary Whitehouse mentality.

I know it isn't, but the high horse tutting is a bit much at times.

Reactions: 2
They were taking calls about the Scottish rapist on Talk Radio the other day and it really brought it home (again) how manipulative pronouns are.

One was an older lady expressing grave concerns about putting men in women's prisons. Everything she said made sense but then the presenter said "so where should she be placed?" and the woman hesitated then said "well obviously she can't go in the men's" and started talking about separate prisons. I just thought to myself I know she would have answered that question completely differently if the presenter said he.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.