Footballers And Wags #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
these are vile, honestly people are disgusting. If people were saying things like ‘we’re in a relegation battle and he’s doing magazine interviews’ I’d understand but not one of these scumbags is interested in that
Yeah the general reaction seems to split 3 ways, one third is people wishing he’d concentrate on football or talking about Everton being 17th, one third is laughing at all the reactions, and the last third is unfortunately these disgusting people.

Reactions: 4
I’m an Everton fan, I love DCL and I love that he is so open to his style etc - I love love love that. I love that it boils peoples piss. Some of the comments are absolutely awful.

HOWEVER, I don’t know the timing of the interview but I would prefer for his focus to be on Everton right now. The timing of the release of these interviews don’t help, especially when his recent form has not been it and he has looked like he’s checked out.

Generally most Everton fans I know share the same view, don’t care what he wears etc but right now his focus should be Everton.

It’s very clever to be getting promo for himself for this side of things though incase it doesn’t fully ever work out for him.

Reactions: 6
Sorry the rant here in advance, I’m not an Everton fan but I hate this.

The quotes on this are exhausting… I’ve attached some, it’s a pretty mixed view overall in the actual quotes but the ones I’ve screenshotted are some of the worst. I can’t believe that some people think just because a guy dresses a bit differently he might be gay or will be trans (as if there’s something wrong with that), and even throwing it out there the idea of him being child molester, based purely on how he dresses? Genuinely what is wrong with people?! It goes past DCL when you look at this and think we’re so far away from any high profile footballer feeling comfortable enough to be able to come out, if a guy just dressing differently gets this kind of reaction.

I slightly understand that the timing of the photoshoot isn’t the best considering their relegation battle, but these shoots are usually done months in advance to coincide with a magazine release day and publishers have content stacked way in advance.

completely agree, there have been some absolutely horrid comments. it just shows how football is still so homophobic, misogynistic and, at times, genuinely bleeping noxious. how many players have had to (and many currently are, I'm sure) hold the extremely heavy burden of constant anxiety and stress about hiding their sexualities and relationships? constantly worry about being outed by The S*n or some other tabloid scum? these attitudes are so deeply entrenched in football and society as a whole and it really makes you wonder if we're ever going to be able to (even partially) dismantle it

also, why do so many (mostly) men feel so threatened and so scandalised by another man ""subverting"" the 'norms' of masculinity through clothing? really pathetic

it makes me even angrier as an Everton fan to see some fans using this to criticise him for his performance, as if the two are linked and DCL has been underperforming because occasionally he'll wear a skirt or use a more 'feminine' style bag (and not because he's been rushed back from injury far too many times, is currently rusty due to this and is no longer playing in a system which really suits his abilities)

Reactions: 11
I'm here 👋. Me and the hubby went put drinking last night as it was a long night 🤣🤣I'm still recovering and not sure if jack is what I need more like a mcdonalds

Also jack and sasha are prob pissed it's not balenciaga. We all know they make awful crap to see who still buys there tit.

Also I'm taking that for the next thread title 🤣🤣🤣
So your saying you and Mr Timefortea were out on the drink and went home to make a baby to model Gucci Grealish Spring/Summer 23 collection I bet your fella is knackered 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So your saying you and Mr Timefortea were out on the drink and went home to make a baby to model Gucci Grealish Spring/Summer 23 collection I bet your fella is knackered 😉
🤣🤣I can say no baby making. 1 because no baby for me can't stand then but 2. I went right to sleep after 🤣🤣 many many cocktail and jager I think I deserved to sleep.

We did find a table tennis table but no ball so we pretend to play. Which I then found put a meeting was going on behind me watching us play 😬🙈take that as you will 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
completely agree, there have been some absolutely horrid comments. it just shows how football is still so homophobic, misogynistic and, at times, genuinely bleeping noxious. how many players have had to (and many currently are, I'm sure) hold the extremely heavy burden of constant anxiety and stress about hiding their sexualities and relationships? constantly worry about being outed by The S*n or some other tabloid scum? these attitudes are so deeply entrenched in football and society as a whole and it really makes you wonder if we're ever going to be able to (even partially) dismantle it

also, why do so many (mostly) men feel so threatened and so scandalised by another man ""subverting"" the 'norms' of masculinity through clothing? really pathetic

it makes me even angrier as an Everton fan to see some fans using this to criticise him for his performance, as if the two are linked and DCL has been underperforming because occasionally he'll wear a skirt or use a more 'feminine' style bag (and not because he's been rushed back from injury far too many times, is currently rusty due to this and is no longer playing in a system which really suits his abilities)
That last paragraph is absolutely what Everton Da’s do, use it as a proper reach. His fashion sense and personality has no impact on his football.

I don’t think he’s rusty due to the injury anymore though, I think he’s checked out and knows he’ll try to go in the summer.

Reactions: 4

The quotes on this are exhausting… I’ve attached some, it’s a pretty mixed view overall in the actual quotes but the ones I’ve screenshotted are some of the worst. I can’t believe that some people think just because a guy dresses a bit differently he might be gay or will be trans (as if there’s something wrong with that), and even throwing it out there the idea of him being child molester, based purely on how he dresses? Genuinely what is wrong with people?! It goes past DCL when you look at this and think we’re so far away from any high profile footballer feeling comfortable enough to be able to come out, if a guy just dressing differently gets this kind of reaction.

I slightly understand that the timing of the photoshoot isn’t the best considering their relegation battle, but these shoots are usually done months in advance to coincide with a magazine release day and publishers have content stacked way in advance.

It’s so narrow minded. DCL is a person with his own interests outside of football and as we’ve seen with other players it’s not all football all the time for many of them. Their playing career won’t go on forever. I’d much rather see them cultivating and enjoying their interests outside of football now rather than trying to figure out what to do after they retire.

Reactions: 13
Have you guys seen the videos of Declan on @stevothemadman Instagram story? They’re actually so funny it won’t let me send them on here because the video is too big apparently but he’s basically being asked questions and it’s really funny to watch

Reactions: 2
What is an instagram model ? and 10k followers is nothing .

regarding DCL now he could be a high fashion model non of these insta h*e's.
It's a polite description for a self-promoting, grifting, nobody whose sole aim is to obtain money and fame by pitching themselves towards wealthy young men with "celebrity" status.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

The homophobia around football knocks me sick! I don't think enough is done about it personally.
I've been having discussions with people on twitter about the Don't say gay bill as they believe that kids in kindergarten are going to be getting taught about gay sex ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ and how "sick" it is that kids should be taught that it's alright to have 2 mum's or 2 dad's or a trans parent etc.

Yes, the timing of the article isn't the best, but he doesn't deserve and no one deserves that abuse!

• Heart
The homophobia around football knocks me sick! I don't think enough is done about it personally.
I've been having discussions with people on twitter about the Don't say gay bill as they believe that kids in kindergarten are going to be getting taught about gay sex ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ and how "sick" it is that kids should be taught that it's alright to have 2 mum's or 2 dad's or a trans parent etc.

Yes, the timing of the article isn't the best, but he doesn't deserve and no one deserves that abuse!
I personally wouldn’t date a man who dresses how DCL does as it’s not my cup of tea and in no way would I ever slander him or anyone else who dresses a little different to what society deems to be “normal” The timing of the article couldn’t of been at a worse moment especially since Everton are circling the plug hole but it doesn’t give those Everton fans or any football fan the right to degrade DCL or speculate if he’s gay.

• Heart
I personally wouldn’t date a man who dresses how DCL does as it’s not my cup of tea and in no way would I ever slander him or anyone else who dresses a little different to what society deems to be “normal” The timing of the article couldn’t of been at a worse moment especially since Everton are circling the plug hole but it doesn’t give those Everton fans or any football fan the right to degrade DCL or speculate if he’s gay.
Same babe, same. Couldn't be doing with fighting my fella to get in the full length mirror tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
1000% agree with this. I honestly don’t understand why it matters to anyone how he dresses. Maybe if he was trying to play for Everton in a skirt and heels you’d get people being pissed off but other than that it has no bearing on their lives.

I don’t think the timing of the article is truly the issue for anyone, it’s just a shield for the bigots to hide behind

It’s so narrow minded. DCL is a person with his own interests outside of football and as we’ve seen with other players it’s not all football all the time for many of them. Their playing career won’t go on forever. I’d much rather see them cultivating and enjoying their interests outside of football now rather than trying to figure out what to do after they retire.
Very this.

Plus I just cannot fathom why people loose their tit over what clothes SOMEBODY ELSE is wearing!

Very this.

Plus I just cannot fathom why people loose their tit over what clothes SOMEBODY ELSE is wearing!
Insecurity in themselves as they would never have the hoo-hahs to wear something deemed 'outrageous' even if they wanted to.

I'd love one of DCLs Chanel handbags mind - he had a lovely one on holiday and I would happily share with him :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree with all previous statements.

But I wouldn't mind ripping off Doms double denim outfit. 😋😛😝 fit as duck!
As for his handbag needs a bigger bag so we can share 😂

Reactions: 8
What is an instagram model ? and 10k followers is nothing .

regarding DCL now he could be a high fashion model non of these insta h*e's.
10 k doesn't even count for being called insta model in Sweden and we are 10 m citizens so in England no way. One friend is a half big influencer here, she can live on it but most people don't know who she is and she got 275k followers.

Reactions: 2
Very this.

Insecure people get upset because they think it somehow extends to them by association if they’re a fan of the club or individual player

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.