Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Hi all! I seem to have missed major drama. Whatever happened to my detective skills? Oh yeah, they were always crap.

Anyway, just popping in to say I miss you all. Haven't been able to keep up properly because we got the dreaded Covid. It hasn't been fun chez Harry's, but we are out the other side now and I will be able to leave the house again in 48 hours! Hurray! Hope no one kicks me in the shin out there.

I love doughnuts. I don't like dick pics.

Anyone who is feeling bruised or attacked, big socially distanced hug to you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Flumps

VIP Member
Thank you all so much. Sorry not to do individual thanks. I have got him back now. Not appendix, that was my guess too. I shan’t go into details for the sake of the poor man’s privacy, but v painful but not life threatening thing, follow up necessary and poss lifestyle changes. I feel very relieved, he feels terribly guilty for worrying me and bothering health people. Now he’s napping on the sofa next to me and I’m busy pretending that I have been FINE all along.
Thank you again. Sorry to go quiet after asking for support, but had to do work thing, then pick him up, then attempt to be nurse like.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Flumps

VIP Member
Evenin' all. I feel like I've been hit by a truck tonight. Absolutely wiped out, but my mum made me dinner when I picked the teen up this evening, so I am feeling looked after like you still want to be, even when you're 42. We have some weird family dynamics (who doesn't?) but as a little group we're all good in a crisis and home cooked food made by someone else was exactly what I wanted. As a bonus it was pork milanese and tomato pasta which is one of my most favourite dinners. MrF had a bad day and we had a very brief, fraught meeting, where in the end I basically sent him back to bed, which made me feel bad, but he looked so uncomfortable. He's feeling a bit better now, thankfully. This just feels like it's gone on long enough tbh.

Sorry for Dear Diary entry. Love, Flumps aged 42 and a half.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I’ve made a cooking! And my kid and I ate it together and enjoyed it! This is a revelation. I’d say my hello fresh journey taught me to make a shepherds pie without fear

63271A48-CCF8-47A2-8591-1416AE28F4F4.jpeg

B06C631A-71D6-4D3A-A94D-C8B7F5B939B0.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Flumps

VIP Member
Fraus fraus fraus, I too am on the train smirking at the hen party jokes. So shite at posting or even reading the thread properly but I like this little slice of Internet and wish I had the brain power to connect a little more. Not to be Jack about it but social anxiety is so bad even writing this gives me the willies.
Sorry to pick you out of the crowd, especially as you've mentioned social anxiety,;) but in all seriousness, there is no 'gang'. But having seen a few posts like this I wanted to chime in. We're just a bunch of people who couldn't keep on topic on the MT, so have ended up here, plus a few other lovelies that have joined in on the way. No 'gang', no agenda and it's upsetting to me, even though I'm just a numpty who goes on about recipes a lot and isn't nearly as funny or smart as many of the folks here, that that suggestion got thrown around. I see why, and I don't think it's anything to do with anyone here, and I hate the thought that anyone would be put off posting here because of it.

ETA: Also, for the love of fuck, would people please stop posting that photo of those terrifying sausages. THANKYOU!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
We've been locked down again since a few days before the UK fraus.
Which makes little difference to me as I hadn't really come out of the first one.
Mrs TUIT is back to people coughing full in her face while asking, 'Now, does that sound Covid-y to you?'
Stripping at the backdoor while I throw hand sanitiser at her shouting, 'The power of Christ compels you!'
This will never not be funny to me but she is well and truly over it.
Separate boxes for everything that is 'work-related'.
Seeing the damage the PPE is doing to her lovely face.
Her tears when she says, 'Remember So and So from the such and such? They're gone.'
But I made her some pate type shite from the peppered mackerel they sell in Lidl, blitzed with cream cheese, horseradish, dijon mustard and lemon juice.
And that's how we're rolling in Tipperary.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Oh my God I've been at my Mother in Law's funeral today (beautiful but emotionally gruelling) and come back to some weird drama! Just to echo that I bloody love this thread and all of its users even if I can always keep up with it. This little corner of the internet is so welcoming, diverse and inclusive and you're all fab ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Flumps

VIP Member
Hello loves. Popped off to the hospital to visit the sick for a bit, have come back and turns out I'm in a gang now. I am in the gang, right? Guys? Guys? DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! Good job I wore my leather jacket today <flips collar>

Love to you all. You've all been so fucking lovely over the last week or so during our drama (and are always lovely to each other whatever is going on) that it makes me feel quite teary-eyed to think any of you have been upset by anything.

Won't bore you with details, but it's been a shitty couple of days for MrF but he's feeling a bit better today so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed. I've eaten a proper meal for the first time since Tuesday, and we're going to phone-watch Googlebox together in a min.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Also to lighten the mood just had a little happy / sad cry over baby, she’s always grabbed my hair to self soothe, it’s essential for sleep and witching hour (which is weirdly gone?), she’s always got it wrapped around her little clammy fingers where she’s yanked it out. Anyway she’s asleep on me now and she’s grabbing her own hair 😭😭😭 Stan an independent woman but also noOooOoOo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

colouredlines

VIP Member
20201031_201406.jpg

Blinded my tears of rage over the new lockdown, I found myself craving soft soft cheese. I trekked 3km to Lidl, where I was accosted by a heartless checkout operator. "Would you like a bag?" she sneered, with a clear undertone of hatred for my hoodie-clad self. Even with my tattoos safely shrouded by layers of cheap cotton, I knew she was judging me.

But when I got home and transformed the lissome brie and supple cranberry sauce into a wistful toastie, I forgot my woes. Halfway through, I abandoned my bread, tossing it from my balcony to bring a spot of glee to the city's pigeons, many of whom have suffered losses this year too, thanks not to the pandemic but to the choking petrochemical fumes that permeate the city.

I then smeared the half-melted brie over my own naked torso and licked it from myself in an orgy of chaos. I slid into a dreamless siesta (see - yes - tar), snoring like a long-dead triceratops. When I woke, I was craving more. I scampered to the fridge to begin anew.

I regret nothing, but I've put my neck out and won't be able to post any postcards this week.

To make this recipe VEGAN, replace the cheese with your favourite vegan foodstuff. I recommend tofu, broccoli or biscoff spread.

To make this recipe KOSHER don't eat any meat with it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
Sorry to all of you who've had a shit day. There's not a lot of stuff to really be cheery about is there.

I stopped drinking at the beginning of the first lockdown. I'm not claiming to be the most alcohol soaked alcoholic that's ever graced the off-license and didn't get anywhere near the magic 200 units a week (etc etc), but I was using it as a crutch and drinking far too often. Tonight, just got back from the hospital, listened to the new lockdown stuff and it's the first time I've really had to fight the urge for the wine. Mind you, I've just said 'fuck it' and ordered a delivery of pizza I can ill-afford, so maybe carbs will do as a substitute.

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I haven't caught up here for a while but I wanted to share some baking. These are panellets, which are traditional in Catalunya at this time of year:

20201023_231244.jpg

They have an almost Jack Monroe-esque secret ingredient...

POTATO.

(yes, really)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
I've been diagnosed with diabetes today, so feeling v down in the dumps about my future food prospects. 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thanks for letting me vent earlier.

Good news here in that the churro van, which I thought had closed due to virus, had actually just moved to a different part of the city (possibly to prevent me from eating all the churros?!). Happy to report that I tracked it down...top triangulació as we (possibly) say here.

20201030_183922.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

Flumps

VIP Member
Lads, sorry, going to ask you to help me stop stressing. Spoke to my partner this morning and he said he'd been sick in the night, but more worryingly had massive abdominal pain and he sounded really out of it on the phone. Was planning to visit today, but moved it up from evening to morning as I was very worried about how he sounded. Got here, and he was really poorly (and he is normally super good at being ill). Decided he needed to see someone, like now, and struggled to get him into the car. Got him to hospital (thankfully not a long journey) and he vanished into A&E (can't be with him because Covid, let's not even go down the road of how that's making me feel). They looked worried about him at reception. He's had bloods done, seen the doctor and been sent for x-rays (currently waiting for them now). I have managed 3 hours of being calm since I left him, but I am no longer feeling so calm, which is highly unreasonable of me.

I think it would be better if I could have been there, I feel soooooo bad for leaving, although am 10mins from the hospital and he said there was no point me still in the car clocking up hours in the car park, but I am fretting about what it could be/how he's doing/feeling irrationally guilty for not being there. Can you all be sensible at me, pretty please?

ETA: sorry @Begborrowsteal, I meant to say, am rubbish, hurrah for smashing your first interview. Must be a good feeling. Please to have a small celebration this weekend. x

• Heart
Reactions: 34