Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wish there were more hours in the day, so I could keep up with you all here, as well as over there.

I went to the Harry Potter studio tour today (Found tickets online yesterday!), it was fab, except for the butter beer. Didn’t eat there, and did veggie burgers and curly fries when we got home, which were bloody lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I do wish there were more hours in the day, so I could keep up with you all here, as well as over there.

I went to the Harry Potter studio tour today (Found tickets online yesterday!), it was fab, except for the butter beer. Didn’t eat there, and did veggie burgers and curly fries when we got home, which were bloody lovely.
It’s fab isn’t it! But butterbeer is vile! Why couldn’t they make it taste like you’d imagine

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s fab isn’t it! But butterbeer is vile! Why couldn’t they make it taste like you’d imagine
Yep, and I KNEW my child wouldn’t like it, and spunked £6 on it anyway. Sigh. Could have fed a family of six for a week on that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hi all! I seem to have missed major drama. Whatever happened to my detective skills? Oh yeah, they were always crap.

Anyway, just popping in to say I miss you all. Haven't been able to keep up properly because we got the dreaded Covid. It hasn't been fun chez Harry's, but we are out the other side now and I will be able to leave the house again in 48 hours! Hurray! Hope no one kicks me in the shin out there.

I love doughnuts. I don't like dick pics.

Anyone who is feeling bruised or attacked, big socially distanced hug to you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Yep, and I KNEW my child wouldn’t like it, and spunked £6 on it anyway. Sigh. Could have fed a family of six for a week on that.
Did the same the first time we went at least I got to keep the cup thing 😂

Hi all! I seem to have missed major drama. Whatever happened to my detective skills? Oh yeah, they were always crap.

Anyway, just popping in to say I miss you all. Haven't been able to keep up properly because we got the dreaded Covid. It hasn't been fun chez Harry's, but we are out the other side now and I will be able to leave the house again in 48 hours! Hurray! Hope no one kicks me in the shin out there.

Ah crap Harry sorry to hear! Glad you’re ok on the mend. It’s been lovely everyone popping up in here this evening x

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Oh my gosh ☹ relieved you're feeling better now. Wish we could all kick this pesky virus on the shin till it fucks off, but seriously that must have been scary and downright draining, a big socially distanced hug to you too x

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Oh my word, you poor things. So glad to hear you're out the other side. Safe internet hugs back to you xx

• Heart
Am planning to make a broccoli soup tomorrow. Haven't made it before but remember being served similar and had the urge to give it a go. The plan: fry some onions and chilli, add broccoli and water/stock and cook for a bit, then add coconut milk and then blend. Was also thinking about grinding some walnuts and garlic together, after hearing someone say it on a podcast the other day, probably will kind of sprinkle over the top/mix in when serving. Has anyone ever made a soup like this before, any tips?? Anything I could be adding for better taste? Cheers in advance!
Sounds like my type of soup💖

Reactions: 10

Oh no Harry, glad you’re all improving. The mean streets you back well and fighting crime x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What is this butter beer slander?! it's lush and you're all wrong! I'm flouncing! 😡

I actually remember a woman in the queue when I went, going, "ooh, the butter beer's much better in Florida. it's foam all the way down" 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Your username!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And get well soon Harry xxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Glad to hear you’re improving Harry

What is this butter beer slander?! it's lush and you're all wrong! I'm flouncing! 😡

I actually remember a woman in the queue when I went, going, "ooh, the butter beer's much better in Florida. it's foam all the way down" 🥴
I like it too! No one else I know likes it though so I think we’re the odd ones out.

Silly woman, It’s the same recipe in both places! (But I have to admit I prefer it when in Florida but that’s more because I’m in holiday mode!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Watching Qi earlier and they were talking about the devils dwarves, and they mentioned shin injuries were up 75% 😂 think we have found mackie's regiment

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh, @Harrybosch, how awful! (Stupidly trite thing to say, but words fail.) Wishing you and all the Boschen, small and great, a speedy and complete recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What does the butterbeer taste like then? I've always imagined it like liquid Werther's Original.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What does the butterbeer taste like then? I've always imagined it like liquid Werther's Original.
I think it’s like a weak cream soda, with possibly some cinnamon and something else in, and froth on top. It’s not terrible (see what I did there?!), but it’s too sickly, and something about it’s not pleasant. I loathe artificial sweeteners- could be as simple as that for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.