Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep missing all the drama.

(which is a huge shame, coz I'm a messy witch who loves it)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.
You haven’t at all my love, honestly don’t worry. It’s an active thread and if you ask a relevant question you’ll get bombarded with answers because people are lovely and funny tbh, I think the mods are just keen to keep that thread on topic as it’s a huge one for tattle so they want lurkers or new members to be able to slot right in and chat about JM and OT bits might inhibit that? That’s the impression I’ve always got 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.
I dont think you've done anything to upset anyone dear heart, it was more the transphobia/vague homophobia (a lesbian?? With a child??? In traaazers?!) that personally I was upset/uncomfortable about and im awful for remembering usernames but dont think you were involved in any of that. 💕

And we've all been off topic in the main thread before, its one of the main reasons the off topic threads were created! (its lovely that we have some wonderful fraus in food and drink who never even frequent the MT as well!)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Fraus, this is a wonderful and safe space where everyone is welcome - but if people come around and make *others* feel like tit with their bigoted views then you better believe they'll get called out on it. I'll say it on here and I'll say it to their faces on the MT (it's Mother Thread, actually sweetie...).*

*calling out the specific poster here, don't want any of you folks worrying it's you!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Also to lighten the mood just had a little happy / sad cry over baby, she’s always grabbed my hair to self soothe, it’s essential for sleep and witching hour (which is weirdly gone?), she’s always got it wrapped around her little clammy fingers where she’s yanked it out. Anyway she’s asleep on me now and she’s grabbing her own hair 😭😭😭 Stan an independent woman but also noOooOoOo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Fraus, this is a wonderful and safe space where everyone is welcome - but if people come around and make *others* feel like tit with their bigoted views then you better believe they'll get called out on it. I'll say it on here and I'll say it to their faces on the MT (it's Mother Thread, actually sweetie...).*

*calling out the specific poster here, don't want any of you folks worrying it's you!
If we’re a girl gang then you’re deffo Rizzo! I’ll be the one with the flippy photo album full of penpals. She was gorgeous. 😍

ETA - aw @heretoreaditall2019 that’s a hard stage. She will probs still do it occasionally. Something that always got me was when I read that one time you’ll hold your child’s hand and it will be the last time but you won’t know. 😭😭

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Errr what was said? A screenshot from here, posted to there? As though this is a private and secret place? ..🤡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I love you @Alansbigplate.....in a way.

(that’s a Partridge joke btw, should it go in the Partridge thread?! My head is fucked. I posted massive Jack and Cooper in there and then opened the MT to that. Thankfully my lady love @Pocahontas had warned me but I never fail to be surprised by people and the way they speak to and about people.

Ah well. On topic, having some new potatoes for tea. Love me a herby potato.
Get loads of butter on them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You haven’t at all my love, honestly don’t worry. It’s an active thread and if you ask a relevant question you’ll get bombarded with answers because people are lovely and funny tbh, I think the mods are just keen to keep that thread on topic as it’s a huge one for tattle so they want lurkers or new members to be able to slot right in and chat about JM and OT bits might inhibit that? That’s the impression I’ve always got 🤷🏻‍♀️
I dont think you've done anything to upset anyone dear heart, it was more the transphobia/vague homophobia (a lesbian?? With a child??? In traaazers?!) that personally I was upset/uncomfortable about and im awful for remembering usernames but dont think you were involved in any of that. 💕
Thank you both ❤ I wasn't upset about the off topic posts being moved, just so worried that I'd broken the rules or annoyed people or whatever, so that is really reassuring.

And god no @ the transphobia, etc. Not nice.

Hope you're all alright.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
With regard to the profile pics of OLD I was shocked how many men over 50 thought it appropriate to have a profile picture of them in bed with no top on? There was the full spectrum of those who spend their lives in the gym to those who spend their lives in the chippy.

OLD update: I'm still texting both men. One chats away and responds quickly, is funny and his texts are sometimes cheeky but not flirty which is nice. The other has been open about his past when I have asked but its more of a polite conversation and we have a lot in common - I have 🔺 him and he works in a similar industry to mine. I am in a senior role but he is quite a few rungs up the ladder from me and I'm already overthinking things (he is too senior job wise, too clever etc).

In other news I had leftover cauliflower cheese for lunch which was lovely. For people in the north west have you have the Maray 'Disco Cauliflower' dish? Its veggie and is roasted with harissa, tahini, yoghurt and almonds and is divine.
🔺 - I’m not in the north at the moment but the Maray Disco Cauli is my all time favourite food. Closely followed by their lamb kofte. In normal times I probably have 2 a month

I had a date this summer with a FIREMAN and I was so excited because hello fantasies!!

Then he turned out to be a RACIST FIREMAN who kept complaining about Moroccans and asking me loads of weird questions about what apartheid was like. Most disappointing date ever, I was gutted.
I’ve been on a date with a racist policeman. Uniforms, man, they hide a multitude of sins

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t know what to say without feeling like someone might screenshot it for whatever reason but I appreciate the solidarity from so many of you. I do think the threads were nicer when combined but understand it got a bit out of control that way, so maybe I’ll just be lurking round this way for a while

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So I hear there’s been someone bitchin bout my faves, Silver et Alain. Any more and I’ll go full on Begbie ya radge

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I missed the drama. You’re all a bunch of lovely fraus. I’m always trying to follow these threads but usually end up piping up with something said 10 pages ago. I’m all for the doughnut and dick chat. Doughnuts are more my thing right now being pregnant. Dicks can duck off right now thankyou. I live for Silver’s screenshots which I’m forever quoting and Alan, your gifs are genius. Don’t hate me but I’ve never seen Alan Partridge before but I appreciate your love and commitment to it (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
hey, fellow cool kids. everything's already been said, but I love you all. ❤

and let's not forget, we were venting here cos people were being weird and bigoted. how terrible of us to be understanding of diversity! 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I realise that I just keep turning up and shouting random stuff at you all and leaving again but I don’t want you to think I’m some terrible misogynist or racist or something so I’ll tell you that I’ve just not been able to keep up. I told you guys that JamBoy was looking at redundancy and I was feeling the old responsibility hard - this is just amplified by everything going on in the world, work being super hard, the patriarchy, people dying in the channel etc. We were hoping to think about being lucky enough to start a family soon (am so conscious there are no guarantees in that area) but now just does not feel the time!

Anyway I’ll keep on chipping in but forgive me, if it’s poorly inserted random outbursts. Sometimes I think it’a a bit like when you’re on a train and there’s a hilarious group of hen gals at the next table and they’re just the right side of tipsy and really funny and they keep catching you laughing at what they’re saying. You guys are the hens and I’m just a weirdo on the train chortling at you. Hope you’re all ok. Flumps sounds like you’ve had a torrid time, BBS - what’s for you won’t pass you by whatever happens with the job, HTRIA I hope work stuff keeps looking up for your possible return, Poc I was in your neck of the woods the other day and I died to think you might be close by. Anyway too many others of you to mention. Just didn’t want to be that lurky weirdo who once told you about a chocolate bar and then turned up to holler stuff like that old man at a bus stop

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thanks for letting me vent earlier.

Good news here in that the churro van, which I thought had closed due to virus, had actually just moved to a different part of the city (possibly to prevent me from eating all the churros?!). Happy to report that I tracked it down...top triangulació as we (possibly) say here.

20201030_183922.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Thanks for letting me vent earlier.

Good news here in that the churro van, which I thought had closed due to virus, had actually just moved to a different part of the city (possibly to prevent me from eating all the churros?!). Happy to report that I tracked it down...top triangulació as we (possibly) say here.

View attachment 293813
I’m too busy admiring the watch strap

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.