Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to have missed a bit of a meltdown (for which I am grateful, tbh) but, as I said on the MT I came originally for JM and stayed for the cameraderie. This is the thread on which I find it most. Hugs to all the wounded. ❤ ❤ to all true frauen (and herren).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Fraus fraus fraus, I too am on the train smirking at the hen party jokes. So shite at posting or even reading the thread properly but I like this little slice of Internet and wish I had the brain power to connect a little more. Not to be Jack about it but social anxiety is so bad even writing this gives me the willies.

Not even sure what drama I missed on the MT but looks like some of you need a little love so here’s mine x

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hello loves. Popped off to the hospital to visit the sick for a bit, have come back and turns out I'm in a gang now. I am in the gang, right? Guys? Guys? DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! Good job I wore my leather jacket today <flips collar>

Love to you all. You've all been so bleeping lovely over the last week or so during our drama (and are always lovely to each other whatever is going on) that it makes me feel quite teary-eyed to think any of you have been upset by anything.

Won't bore you with details, but it's been a crappy couple of days for MrF but he's feeling a bit better today so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed. I've eaten a proper meal for the first time since Tuesday, and we're going to phone-watch Googlebox together in a min.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Am planning to make a broccoli soup tomorrow. Haven't made it before but remember being served similar and had the urge to give it a go. The plan: fry some onions and chilli, add broccoli and water/stock and cook for a bit, then add coconut milk and then blend. Was also thinking about grinding some walnuts and garlic together, after hearing someone say it on a podcast the other day, probably will kind of sprinkle over the top/mix in when serving. Has anyone ever made a soup like this before, any tips?? Anything I could be adding for better taste? Cheers in advance!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Fraus fraus fraus, I too am on the train smirking at the hen party jokes. So shite at posting or even reading the thread properly but I like this little slice of Internet and wish I had the brain power to connect a little more. Not to be Jack about it but social anxiety is so bad even writing this gives me the willies.
Sorry to pick you out of the crowd, especially as you've mentioned social anxiety,;) but in all seriousness, there is no 'gang'. But having seen a few posts like this I wanted to chime in. We're just a bunch of people who couldn't keep on topic on the MT, so have ended up here, plus a few other lovelies that have joined in on the way. No 'gang', no agenda and it's upsetting to me, even though I'm just a numpty who goes on about recipes a lot and isn't nearly as funny or smart as many of the folks here, that that suggestion got thrown around. I see why, and I don't think it's anything to do with anyone here, and I hate the thought that anyone would be put off posting here because of it.

ETA: Also, for the love of duck, would people please stop posting that photo of those terrifying sausages. THANKYOU!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I was already on a downer. How come a week off work flies and a week at work drags like hell? I should’ve eaten more than toast all day that won’t have helped either. Thank you love
No idea what is ahead as Im replying to an early afternoon post @Alansbigplate I am retrospectively offering support. Will grunka.

• Heart

Not even sure what drama I missed on the MT but looks like some of you need a little love so here’s mine x
Social anxiety is tit and I feel you on that front, but no brain power is needed round these parts thankfully — the most effort I put in is trying to guess the answers to Alan’s penguin jokes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hello loves. Popped off to the hospital to visit the sick for a bit, have come back and turns out I'm in a gang now. I am in the gang, right? Guys? Guys? DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! Good job I wore my leather jacket today <flips collar>

Love to you all. You've all been so bleeping lovely over the last week or so during our drama (and are always lovely to each other whatever is going on) that it makes me feel quite teary-eyed to think any of you have been upset by anything.

Won't bore you with details, but it's been a crappy couple of days for MrF but he's feeling a bit better today so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed. I've eaten a proper meal for the first time since Tuesday, and we're going to phone-watch Googlebox together in a min.
That sounds lovely. I’ve just eaten too and feel much better. Weird how it affects us xx

ETA I hate when you half write a post and can’t be bothered with it then it turns up attached to one you do later on (now deleted my half asleep thoughts from earlier!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

[/QUOTE
So much going on for you, glad you have eaten x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Am planning to make a broccoli soup tomorrow. Haven't made it before but remember being served similar and had the urge to give it a go. The plan: fry some onions and chilli, add broccoli and water/stock and cook for a bit, then add coconut milk and then blend. Was also thinking about grinding some walnuts and garlic together, after hearing someone say it on a podcast the other day, probably will kind of sprinkle over the top/mix in when serving. Has anyone ever made a soup like this before, any tips?? Anything I could be adding for better taste? Cheers in advance!
If you're thinking of sprinking the walnut/garlic mixture over the top of the cooked soup, bear in mind that raw garlic can taste harsh and might overpower the whole dish. I'm no expert but I'd probably cook the garlic along with the onions and chilli.

Or maybe toss the walnut and garlic in a pan before sprinkling?

I hadn't thought of using coconut milk in broccoli soup - sounds delicious.

ETA... toss in a hot pan

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh my God I've been at my Mother in Law's funeral today (beautiful but emotionally gruelling) and come back to some weird drama! Just to echo that I bloody love this thread and all of its users even if I can always keep up with it. This little corner of the internet is so welcoming, diverse and inclusive and you're all fab ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh my God I've been at my Mother in Law's funeral today (beautiful but emotionally gruelling) and come back to some weird drama! Just to echo that I bloody love this thread and all of its users even if I can always keep up with it. This little corner of the internet is so welcoming, diverse and inclusive and you're all fab ❤
I’m so sorry to hear that lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just wanted to drop in to say something about the controversial discussions going on in the MT. I know I haven't contributed any of those negative posts but sometimes I press the like button without realising the full implications of the post in question until someone more emotionally intelligent explains it. There is a very nice diverse community here and I didn't want anyone to think I was complicit in my silence.

On the doughnuts topic: Morrisons are the ones. They did a bangin' gingerbread doughnut around Christmas the year before last and word on vegan IG is that they're coming back this year. Be prepared.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
ETA I hate when you half write a post and can’t be bothered with it then it turns up attached to one you do later on (now deleted my half asleep thoughts from earlier!)
[/QUOTE]

Me too! It follows you around like a naughty little Minky Moo.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In other news, on the phone to MrF, watching TV, and his new nurse came in to do meds and introduce herself. He said 'So bad luck, you've got the Friday night shift' and she said 'Yep. We're spending the night together'. 😂 Just as she said that a completely nekkid woman walked across the screen on Gogglebox. No idea if she might have seen it on his iPad, but eep!!! He's feeling horrendously embarrassed at the thought. No dignity in hospital stays are there?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That sounds lovely. I’ve just eaten too and feel much better. Weird how it affects us xx

Me too! It follows you around like a naughty little Minky Moo.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On the doughnuts topic: Morrisons are the ones. They did a bangin' gingerbread doughnut around Christmas the year before last and word on vegan IG is that they're coming back this year. Be prepared.
Mozza's bakery is the bomb generally. There's a jalapeno and cheese foccacia that is lush and their in-store baked stollen is the best around. Full of marzipan but not too stodgy. I so miss living near a Mozzas.

I like their meat a lot too. They used to do brilliant in-store made burgers that were mad cheap and as close to home made as you could get from a shop.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just wanted to drop in to say something about the controversial discussions going on in the MT. I know I haven't contributed any of those negative posts but sometimes I press the like button without realising the full implications of the post in question until someone more emotionally intelligent explains it. There is a very nice diverse community here and I didn't want anyone to think I was complicit in my silence.

I don’t even know specific posting names I just feel like sometimes it’s a bad vibe generally and some poor politics. We all say things rashly and without thinking or using the ‘right’ words; don’t worry about that x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.