Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Montrachet

Chatty Member
I have never received an unsolicited dick pic in all my years of internet dating - dunno what I'm doing right (wrong?) .....

Not up to speed with whatever drama has unfolded today, but you do sound in need of a lift. I hope in some small way this can help perk you all up.

1604089299102.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Flumps

VIP Member
Morning all. I'm ok. I went to bed like a sensible person and just as I was drifting off to sleep, partner rang me and we had a very brief chat (which was so good, just to hear him), but it woke me up all over again and I didn't sleep brilliantly afterwards. He'd got worse all through the afternoon, doctors were eventually called and I think some major pain relief given because he was a bit all over the place. Spoken again this morning, he's a bit better, but very, very down. I think all the pain he went through at the weekend completely wiped him out and he's just terrified when it comes back, even if it's not the same. He just sounds low on resources and like he's not coping well. Not sure if I will see him today, I want to, but I also want him more to just rest, rest, rest. We'll see how he goes. I am cleaning house like a madwoman, though just spoke to estate agent and sounds like the person may cancel the viewing because 'weather is bad'. I know they have no idea what is going on in my life, but I am a bit eye-rolly at that excuse as I've managed to get back here to get it sorted. Still, once it's clean I can leave it and if they get other viewings I don't have to worry about dashing back over the next few days.

Essay, sorry, also, very sad about my daughter. She's opting to stay with grandparents/aunt, because it's more fun than hanging out with me. I don't mind that at all, and I'm v grateful to my family for having her, and I don't think children should be emotional crutches for their parents, so if she can be off having a nice time atm I'm all for it. However, spoke to her earlier and she gave me a truck load of shit about not being able to tell her what's happening, and how I'm messing up some of her plans (though I'm not, if she arranges to see friends, my mum has already agreed to be her taxi service, I didn't get a chance to explain that to her). I don't want her to think she is bottom of my list, because she isn't, but it's like her head is completely full of her own stuff and like she thinks I don't care about her because my priority is temporarily elsewhere (and I know it's complicated because my partner is not her dad), though I am trying my best by proxy to make sure she's as undisturbed by this as possible. She is inflexible, naturally, but now I am worried I am being a dick to her, when I am really just trying to do my best.

God. I am whinging. I am so so sorry.

• Heart
I just wanted to drop in to say something about the controversial discussions going on in the MT. I know I haven't contributed any of those negative posts but sometimes I press the like button without realising the full implications of the post in question until someone more emotionally intelligent explains it. There is a very nice diverse community here and I didn't want anyone to think I was complicit in my silence.

On the doughnuts topic: Morrisons are the ones. They did a bangin' gingerbread doughnut around Christmas the year before last and word on vegan IG is that they're coming back this year. Be prepared.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I had my interview today! Its entry level, and I'm apparently the oldest they've interviewed (👩🏻‍🦳). Shall find out if I get a second interview by the end of day 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Flumps

VIP Member
Ok, all sensible fraus should be in bed by now, but I am going to do an update because I am too wired to sleep for a little bit. I have just got back from the hospital after delivering my bag of PJs and phone chargers. The bloody *lovely* nurses let me in to the ward and because he is in a room by himself, they let me spend some time with him. Shhh... don't tell the rule people.

While I was there, the doctor came back with scan results. I think @heretoreaditall2019 had appendicitis in the unofficial 'What's up with MrF sweepstake'. Except, it's not appendicitis any more, more a great big explosion of horribleness and abscesses and infections. It had probably already burst on Friday (or that was imminent), when we first went to A&E, so I am just going to sit on that for a while or it will make me cross. But now he's on all the IV antibiotics, they've rehydrated him (so dehydrated his kidneys were starting to suffer) and they will be keeping him in for a while, while all that does its job. I am relieved, horrified and a bit shakey. He looks 100x better already, I think because they've already given him nearly 2l of fluid since he's been in, and it is just so good to hear him talking and being more him. I didn't know how scared I was until I stopped being quite so scared and I am not going to think about what might have happened if I hadn't made him ring his GP this morning and if she hadn't sent us back to hospital. Doctor we saw was super cheerful and chatty so I think she thinks they have it all under control, but omg.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
@Alansbigplate - I'm loving seeing you cook, it's so cool.

@emm - so sorry about your job news, this year just fucking sucks doesn't it?

Flumps house is not good this evening. Sorry for the drama. Took partner back to hospital for appointment today after GP made appointment for him after he talked to her this morning as wasn't getting any better. Getting him there took an hour (for a 10 min journey) because he was in so much pain. Could barely talk to doctor he saw in clinic (extended GP service). His BP and heart rate were insane. Got sent straight back to A&E for more tests/bloods/possible IV for pain and hydration. I've had to leave him there, as can't go in, so no idea if he has any of those things yet. He is the most stoic person I know and he could barely speak for the pain, and was almost in tears (never seen him cry before) from it too. I'm home now, and just waiting. Am a bit worried now, though maybe I am just not used to seeing him like this, and feeling a bit alone. Hah, woe is me right? He's the one really suffering here.

ETA: what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.

• Heart
  • Sad

emm

VIP Member
I have just had bad news about my job (probably will be made redundant :( and have my period) so I think my lunch will be super unhealthy oven chips and quorn nuggets... maybe with a salad (maybe)

• Heart
  • Sad

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
I'm making Lasagne for dinner, it's my daughters favourite & after 6 terrible months stuck with her twattish ex, she's finally got the keys to her new house today so we're having a little woo-hoo.
(I've left out the fish fingers, sausages etc & haven't so much as looked at a picture of Mister Ed).

However, when it's cooked I'll probably strip down to my undies & drape myself over the Furniture Village coffee table with a portion in a jelly mold clutched betwixt my grubby hands...they'll just have to wait to eat until I've uploaded to my SM.

• Haha
  • Heart

Anonymous One

Just popping in to say I’m glad some other people have been finding the MT a bit weird. Thought it was just me. To be honest I’ve just been ignoring it and posting whatever I fancy because I’m a maverick and all that. You fraus aren’t that scary to intrude on as I am definitely definitely not a cool girl & I just randomly come on F&D on an impromptu basis every so often and always feel welcomed (though to be fair I am Vlad). Anyway you all seem lovely so have some Bitcoin.

1604086711024.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I don’t know what to say without feeling like someone might screenshot it for whatever reason but I appreciate the solidarity from so many of you. I do think the threads were nicer when combined but understand it got a bit out of control that way, so maybe I’ll just be lurking round this way for a while

• Heart

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I’m sure the dating chat has ended by now but just to let you know that I was sent an actual WANKING video by someone about a day after swapping numbers?! Close up with sound effects. I could not have been any drier.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

Sentient mirror

Oh dear. I don't know you very well because I haven't been on tattle for long but you guys always make me smile. I feel like I have found my tribe. Big hugs

And.... I'm leaving you, you cow!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Stepped out of MT too, I just can't with that level of wtf.
I bloody love doughnuts but have never recieved an unsolicited willy photo...so, if okay I'll just pop myself quietly down & wave at the cool kids from the back of the class.

This thread is full of genuinely lovely, supportive peeps & you discuss topics across the board with humour, compassion & honesty.
I pop in occasionally for some rational sanity or to discuss the mind blowing cheese I once bought & I did spot 'Bum Mints' but veered away from that entirely for 'reasons'🤣

Big hugs to all you marvellous ninnies❤

• Heart

Cuileann

Chatty Member
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.

• Heart

Marj24

VIP Member
Just posting to say I hope I have never offended anyone with my posts. I sometimes (well probably too many times) overshare. I'm a boomer, I was pissed off to find that out recently, I thought I was Gen X, scrape in as a boomer by a month or so!

Have on various threads shared the death of my son and my husband, my son just over 20 years ago, my husband (in his forties) just less than 10.

If anyone else is grieving, I fully empathise, it is hard, I just aim to be a survivor not a victim and don't succeed every day, I had months a few years ago I found it hard to get myself out of bed . For anyone struggling there is only one way to grieve, your way and it takes as long as it takes... 💔

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Oh fraus 😔 what a load of shit. I was as close to JM as I’ve ever been last night, watching the news had me wanting to claw at the walls and howl like an ephemeral banshee. I feel so worried for everyone. Nothing profound or helpful to say, just solidarity with everyone who is dreading Thursday. I know some of you will have already been in lockdown up to now and can’t even imagine how this latest news is hitting. I’m just sorry and sad today. I feel like eating the panettone I bought for Christmas, can’t even face making the roast I was planning! I haven’t told my children about the impending doom yet, I’m wanting to fully get my head around it myself before starting to explain.

• Heart

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Darling Canal

in terms of lockdown please remember we are all here for support but also there is help out there too

If you need help there is help out there please don’t suffer in silence. Reach out please talk to someone

Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help.
Text: 85258

Samaritans -Provides confidential, non-judgemental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face.

Telephone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, free to call)

This is a lovely quick tasty easy Nadia recipe

I use water not oil and it is still lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Universal

Chatty Member
Morning Fraus. Sorry to hear so many of you are having a hard time, especially those of you who are pregnant, it must be such a worrying time.

My plan for yesterday was to have a clear out of 'stuff' from the house and a decent clean up but I seriously have no motivation. I need to get my head around the implications of the next lockdown (I work from home, the dark nights, being interested enough in food to cook, trying to get divorced in the middle of all this) and it just seems so overwhelming.

So, I took myself off to the local deli and bought loads of nice cheese and FANCY crackers and I must say that little treat made me happier.

Also, been texting both blokes from OLD. Spoke to the chatty one last night and he was just lovely on the 'phone - this little connection to the outside world was a great distraction.

The quieter OLD texted a lot yesterday and shared some photos of his day. We work in a similar industry and we worked out we know and have worked with a few of the same people. I am speaking to him tonight. Its all a bit pointless in the current climate!

• Heart
Reactions: 30