Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally did my food shopping today and got our meat delivered. Been eating junk, so im excited for veg! Making a mutton curry tonight šŸ˜‹

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Aw gosh hope you still get to have Mr NP in with you @NoseyParkour

I made spag bol (v) earlier and Iā€™ll heat it up for dins with a garlic bread. Feel a bit shocked if it is imminent? If weā€™d had the circuit breaker when people were still eligible for furlough, a) it would be over by now and b) would be much less stressful for most. Howā€™s everyone feeling? X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh god how awful to have things changed on you last minute, fingers and toes crossed partner can still come in with you! How exciting though, are you opting to find out gender (or sex I canā€™t remember which is which Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s sex, but that sounds weird so maybe not???)? Is toddler excited or unable to compute it all?

Sending love to the coven, could do with a hug this stuff just feels never ending doesnā€™t it? Itā€™s tit with no support network too. I might do pass plus lessons to build my confidence driving again cos I donā€™t have any, I blame my husband for constantly joking about my driving as I was never really that bad. It sounds stupid as I literally have my own car so could do this easily in theory but my dream would to be to go to IKEA and walk round the whole store independently (with baby now) and I just canā€™t get there. Or Epping forest. Iā€™m literally so bored Iā€™m tempted to get the DLR just for sight seeing but Iā€™d need a hazmat suit.

Sorry this is just a stream of consciousness, what are you guys having for dinner?
Ooh, you could go to Ole & Steen at Canary Wharf. šŸ˜‹

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh god how awful to have things changed on you last minute, fingers and toes crossed partner can still come in with you! How exciting though, are you opting to find out gender (or sex I canā€™t remember which is which Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s sex, but that sounds weird so maybe not???)? Is toddler excited or unable to compute it all?

Sending love to the coven, could do with a hug this stuff just feels never ending doesnā€™t it? Itā€™s tit with no support network too. I might do pass plus lessons to build my confidence driving again cos I donā€™t have any, I blame my husband for constantly joking about my driving as I was never really that bad. It sounds stupid as I literally have my own car so could do this easily in theory but my dream would to be to go to IKEA and walk round the whole store independently (with baby now) and I just canā€™t get there. Or Epping forest. Iā€™m literally so bored Iā€™m tempted to get the DLR just for sight seeing but Iā€™d need a hazmat suit.

Sorry this is just a stream of consciousness, what are you guys having for dinner?
I had a plant pioneer ā€˜sausageā€™ roll and a bag of giant buttons are singing their siren song from the fridge.

I canā€™t imagine what itā€™d be like to have a really little baby during all of this, I honestly think conditions and syndromes and medical papers will be written up in the futurw about how people just soldiered on, while simultaneously beating themselves up about it too.

šŸ”ŗI stopped driving a while ago as I was a nervous wreck, having been a bit of a fast and furious wannabe in my youth. If I could go back to when I first started to lose my confidence and nip it in the bud, I definitely would. So I think itā€™s a great idea. The roads will shortly be a lot quieter!

Speaking of, I thought I was all cynical and above being affected by the news, as we all knew this was inevitable, but today I feel like iā€™m in a total fog. I just hate change, once weā€™re a few days into 2020ā€™s fifty billionth ā€˜new normalā€™ then iā€™ll be fine, but this is just tit. They canā€™t even get the bloody announcement right.

Now that was self indulgent waffle, soz guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I had a plant pioneer ā€˜sausageā€™ roll and a bag of giant buttons are singing their siren song from the fridge.

I canā€™t imagine what itā€™d be like to have a really little baby during all of this, I honestly think conditions and syndromes and medical papers will be written up in the futurw about how people just soldiered on, while simultaneously beating themselves up about it too.

šŸ”ŗI stopped driving a while ago as I was a nervous wreck, having been a bit of a fast and furious wannabe in my youth. If I could go back to when I first started to lose my confidence and nip it in the bud, I definitely would. So I think itā€™s a great idea. The roads will shortly be a lot quieter!

Speaking of, I thought I was all cynical and above being affected by the news, as we all knew this was inevitable, but today I feel like iā€™m in a total fog. I just hate change, once weā€™re a few days into 2020ā€™s fifty billionth ā€˜new normalā€™ then iā€™ll be fine, but this is just tit. They canā€™t even get the bloody announcement right.

Now that was self indulgent waffle, soz guys.
Eat the buttons!! M&S gigantic buttons are my ultimate weakness.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
walking through my area and it's making me so sad that normally the streets would be filled with happy
little trick or treaters. I hate how quiet it is!

the 10 year old went to an escape room with her friends (dressed as no face from spirited away) so mr blurst and i decided to throw caution to the
wind and go out for a slap up meal which i guess could be our last restaurant meal of 2020! went to a korean place and ordered kimchi pancakes, crispy seaweed rolls, pork dumplings, chicken wings and a fish cake and rice cake stew. it was a great decision.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Howā€™s everyone feeling? X
I hate this virus, I hate the death and sickness, I hate the forcible separation from ill/elderly parents, I hate seeing what itā€™s doing to friends of mine who are single parents with no local support. Itā€™s tit and itā€™s hard. Having said that, though, Iā€™m much happier if weā€™re all in lockdown together than this piecemeal madness weā€™ve had for the last couple of weeks. As hard as it is, and I feel terrible for those with businesses being slowly strangled, at least people understand what theyā€™re supposed to do. Although I donā€™t know if the whole ā€œweā€™re all in this togetherā€ will feel quite the same in the long dark nights as it did in early summer ....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have been trying to translate "solidarity, friends" into Old English to offer my support to all members of the cabal in England...sadly online translators are unable to cope with this lengthy, complex message.

šŸ’› to you all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Hahaha! If I bite and I get 'Jam Jizzed' I flip!
Usually, because of lockdown and rarely leaving the house, whatever I have on will be clean and I could have got another day out of it!
I can recommend vego and ichoc vegan chocolate. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan, so when I need a milk chocolate hit, I usually go for vego. It's expensive but delicious.

Reactions: 8
Frauen ... has anyone read The Thursday Murder Club and wants to DM me with a brief plot outline?
Iā€™ve got to about 29% and itā€™s not grabbing me. Maybe itā€™s me, but Iā€™m not feeling it.

Buuuuuuursssst!
Kimchi pancakes. Drool. Is this a *new Korean in your neck of the woods?
it's been there a few years - used to be a very crap greasy spoon so a major improvement! the crispy seaweed rolls - my god. I could easily eat nothing but them all day for an entire week.

sending lots of love to the cabal today - it's horrible to know how tough the next month will be but at least we have a lovely community on here and it doesn't even involve any horrible zoom quizzes ā¤ā¤ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@blurstoftimes, man, that looks lush. I really want something interesting for dinner, but am conscious that I need to save pennies at the moment. Have just done a massive food order for two houses (assuming MrF will escape hospital at some point in the next week) and am going to be spending lots on petrol. Bit miserable about this lockdown, but afraid if he does get out of hospital I may well be breaking rules (ish), to pop up here and help out at least to start with. Whole thing is a nightmare though isn't it? It's a bleeping pain that we don't live together right now. Seemed like a sensible decision when we made it, now it's a complete headache.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
walking through my area and it's making me so sad that normally the streets would be filled with happy
little trick or treaters. I hate how quiet it is!

the 10 year old went to an escape room with her friends (dressed as no face from spirited away) so mr blurst and i decided to throw caution to the
wind and go out for a slap up meal which i guess could be our last restaurant meal of 2020! went to a korean place and ordered kimchi pancakes, crispy seaweed rolls, pork dumplings, chicken wings and a fish cake and rice cake stew. it was a great decision.
That food looks amazing!!!!! My friendā€™s very cool daughter went as No Face last year for Halloween. My uncool 9 yr old is Thing 1 and 2 with her friend. Some local Mums have put sweets at their doors so the kids can walk round.

Doughnuts, hmmm the nicest I had was Tantrum Doughnut who i think are local up here. Not keen on a basic iced one but love a jammy doughnut. More inclined to favour a Cinammon bun truth be told!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is the red wine and coke thing served cold? Room temp? With ice? Lemon slices? I have a lot of questions!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That food looks amazing!!!!! My friendā€™s very cool daughter went as No Face last year for Halloween. My uncool 9 yr old is Thing 1 and 2 with her friend. Some local Mums have put sweets at their doors so the kids can walk round.

Doughnuts, hmmm the nicest I had was Tantrum Doughnut who i think are local up here. Not keen on a basic iced one but love a jammy doughnut. More inclined to favour a Cinammon bun truth be told!
Tantrum creme brulee is tasty, like an elite custard doughnut.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love to all of you. Bloody bastard Covid.
Itā€™ll feel much worse for a lot of people now weā€™re in the colder darker weather šŸ™

• Heart
Reactions: 17
20201031_201406.jpg

Blinded my tears of rage over the new lockdown, I found myself craving soft soft cheese. I trekked 3km to Lidl, where I was accosted by a heartless checkout operator. "Would you like a bag?" she sneered, with a clear undertone of hatred for my hoodie-clad self. Even with my tattoos safely shrouded by layers of cheap cotton, I knew she was judging me.

But when I got home and transformed the lissome brie and supple cranberry sauce into a wistful toastie, I forgot my woes. Halfway through, I abandoned my bread, tossing it from my balcony to bring a spot of glee to the city's pigeons, many of whom have suffered losses this year too, thanks not to the pandemic but to the choking petrochemical fumes that permeate the city.

I then smeared the half-melted brie over my own naked torso and licked it from myself in an orgy of chaos. I slid into a dreamless siesta (see - yes - tar), snoring like a long-dead triceratops. When I woke, I was craving more. I scampered to the fridge to begin anew.

I regret nothing, but I've put my neck out and won't be able to post any postcards this week.

To make this recipe VEGAN, replace the cheese with your favourite vegan foodstuff. I recommend tofu, broccoli or biscoff spread.

To make this recipe KOSHER don't eat any meat with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.