Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pooptart

I think there’s a slight misconception that Elle is getting her happily ever after and once baby arrives life will be peachy. As someone who has also left the labour ward empty handed and then struggled to have a healthy pregnancy, when you finally get to take your baby home, as wonderful as that baby is, they are also a massive wake up call to what you have lost, what should have been... It’s not just the end of a difficult journey to get a baby, it’s really the start of realising exactly what you’ve lost.
Should she be able to go through that privately? Absolutely! If she doesn’t share names or pictures or takes maternity leave it’s her business. If she supplements her maternity leave with some Hello Fresh ads, who cares!

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
She’s just such a class act,breath of fresh air amongst all these other morons. Really hope for safe arrival of her little one

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Boobleh

Absolutely she deserves to take mat leave and enjoy her baby bubble, I said I would miss her posts when she went off.
In her reply to this comment on IG (which has now strangely been removed), she said she will announce the safe arrival (but no name or face) and then would be going off, and when she returned at the end of the year her posts would still be house, garden and boris. And still a safe place for bereaved parents, so no baby related content (but she’s posted bump pics?!) anyway....
The girl has thousands of people rooting for her, I cried reading her book as I’m sure many others did too. She is only where she is today and was able to write that book because her baby died, and she was open online to thousands of people. And good for her. Of course it isn’t our right to be let in on her life, but we have already got past that point. We all just want to see her “happy ever after”. It just seems strange to think after all that, all her struggles over the years, she will now have the one thing she has always wanted, and it will be like that new baby isn’t even there. It’s mad. I KNOW she is thinking about parents who are in her situation, but she’s not really thinking about her “fan base” 😂 and is totally slamming the door on all her cheerleaders. I can imagine the onslaught of constant questions in her future and unless she drops off the face of the earth there’s no avoiding that
Jesus fuck. The only reason she is where she is, is because her son died...I'm almost certain she'd rather have her son with her than her book.
I think in this instance people need to have a word with themselves. You are owed absolutely nothing, and what people share about their life is up to them. The attitude on this thread of "you've got us so invested, we deserve the rest" is all a bit twisted.
I hope and pray for this babies safe arrival and for their parents to have all the time in the world with them. Instagram is owed absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
It’s a bad career move. People are -were invested in her story and now she’s buggered off. She’s going to have lost some of her captive audience.
If I were her, I wouldn’t give a toss about losing any audience or career move as I would be cherishing my rainbow baby that’s earth side safe and well. I’d imaging that’s how she may be feeling.

Reactions: 47

Spider12

VIP Member
Elle sharing items from small businesses that she’s bought from...I highlight the word bought. Baffled as to why she’s had negativity on this thread. She’s a class act in the world of vacuous, insipid, money grabbing beggars on Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

cobette

VIP Member
I think Elle is absolutely right to step away at this time, she has waited so long for this that she should be free to enjoy it without feeling guilty that many other families are still struggling. Not to mention, her Insta was somewhat of a job to her, it is normal to take maternity leave.

I also don't agree with criticism around Elle sharing photographs of herself pregnant. Why should she be ashamed that her family was finally growing?! For every women who is crushed to see that Elle is no longer waiting, there will be another who is given hope. I know she initially said she wasn't going to share any, but she obviously had a change of heart and that is okay, she wasn't running a public service.

Elle possibly feels that 'Feathering the Empty Nest' is like a book that now has it's happy ending. The nest is no longer empty so this is a fitting time to sign off.

P.S. I am the nosiest person alive and I would love to know the baby's name as much as anyone else but Elle owes us nothing.

Reactions: 41

Enpen45

I thought this was a rave thread. If this was in the gossip section people raving about her or defending her would be getting loads of shitty comments saying go the rave thread if you don’t like it 🤷‍♀️

Looks like she can’t do right for doing wrong. She doesn’t share bump pics for a few days and she‘s turning her back on her followers and when she does she called out for having big tits and ill fitting dungarees! 🤣 she’s ready to give birth ffs!

And some wonder why she doesn’t want people to see her baby 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Ilando

VIP Member
She is lovely. Financially well off but hasn’t covered her page with material items. In a position to have loads of freebies but has chosen to raise money and awareness for charity instead.

Out of everyone I follow on social media, she is the one I respect the most.

Reactions: 39

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Agree, spending that much money on something they will be in for 5 minutes just seems a waste of money, it’s not like she will be able to keep them for another baby either as they’re personalised!
So what? People (rightly) complain when influencers get everything for free or keep taking freebies when they’ve already got huge amounts of whatever it is. In this case, they’ve bought all of these jumpers. They’ve got plenty of money, it’s up to them how they spend it. They do huge amounts for charity, so it’s not like they‘re selfishly spending their cash and ignoring those less fortunate. Are we really going to nitpick at a woman who buys her desperately wanted rainbow baby a few expensive keepsake jumpers? There’ll be plenty of clothes and items to pass on, I don’t blame her for wanting a few special items that mark a really wonderful moment in their lives. Plus, they are from a small company and appear to be made ethically, so 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• Heart
I feel surprised she’s behaved like this
I was pretty surprised, too, especially being on the receiving end. It was shocking. I'm not under any illusions, some of these women are true 'mean girls', you see glimmers of it now and then... but I did think Elle was one of the good ones. I was shooketh. 😉

Thank you to everyone who was kind re: my own personal situation. I was really lucky to finally have my rainbow baby three years ago and I cherish her. I never take for granted that I am one of the lucky ones as I know so many people who are still waiting to bring home a living child. The grief you suffer is profound and life altering. I really admired Elle for sharing her experiences in a constructive way in her book, on her blog, and on her social media. She had a positive impact on my life when I felt my lowest. It is always painful to have your bubble burst about someone. But as the saying goes, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Elle showed me who she is. All the ravers here can think otherwise, but this has been my own personal experience and you cannot diminish that with your "sorry you perceived this as rude" bullshit. If I had been at a different place in life, she would have crushed me that day with her rude response. Women who are grieving lost children are PROFOUNDLY VULNERABLE. She should know better!! Just shut you gob if you don't want to respond. Don't be a dick!!

Here's the thing about following these people, like many of you, I have a small account, it's private as I post things about my children and life in general and I'm concerned about safety and privacy. I followed maybe 15 or so of the bigger accounts, and I followed them for years. I wasn't influenced to spend money I didn't have or to go on diets or drink detox teas or anything crazy or toxic like that, but I did feel a small connection to them. You're invested when you're seeing someone every single day via their grid and stories. The algorithms make it so you often see those big accounts first, before you even see your real life friends and family, so you're pushed into consuming their life every day and that matters. It's good for them, as they can monetize that engagement, and well done them, but it isn't healthy for the people who follow them and are cast aside like an old shoe for no reason at all. Like I said, I do not feel ENTITLED to anyone's content, I don't want just anyone to have access to my content, but that is VERY different from being excluded by being blocked by a dozen accounts all at once. It's textbook bullying, plain and simple. I know this to be true because I work with children and the affects of bullying are profound and pretty intense, even for adults. Exclusion like that is bullying. Instagram is part of most of our daily lives, so the impact of being "blacklisted" matters. When a mass blocking takes place and suddenly all of the accounts you used to see and interact with every single day disappear it can cause you to feel very upset and to question yourself, "what did I do?" "why have they done this to me?" "I have always been so nice and supportive to them". The reality is, they hate their followers if they aren't kissing their ass, and if they aren't translating to cold hard cash and freebies, those followers can fuck right off. My experience with these huns isn't unique. It is easy to see this in how everyone acted when MOD had her fall from grace. They all kissed her ass for years, she was the queen bee of the instahuns. At the first whiff of trouble those bitches jumped ship like their life depended on it. They weren't going to lose their faux upper class lives for MOD, oh no they weren't. Most of these women are from working class backgrounds and would otherwise be living working class lives if they hadn't figured out how to manipulate women on Instagram. The things they have have not come to them through hard work, those things have come to them because they are "popular" in the artificial world of the internet. They can masquerade as upper class twits because of all those freebies, the $400 sheets, the fancy BB makeup, the Jo Malone perfume, the free furniture and flooring and cabinets, they wouldn't be able to afford those things in real life. And you can bet your tits that they're not going to lose that for a pretend friend on the internet.
There are a few big accounts I still follow and interact with and they are always incredibly kind to me, so I still follow them, apparently they didn't get the memo that I'm a dangerous grieving mother who should be blocked. Elle treated me poorly, so now I judge her by those actions and that seems more than fair. If it walks like an asshole and talks like an asshole, it is, in fact, an asshole. If she's been all peaches and cream to you, by all means, keep following her and talking about her like she's some sort of patron saint of grieving mothers, but quite a few of us have had very different experiences with her and she ain't no saint. She's just another mean girl instahun grasping at free shit and ain't nobody gonna get in the way of that, especially not some stupid grieving woman, like me, who wanted to share how much of a positive impact your book had on her life. Just think about that for one minute and let it sink in. If you still think she's perfect Elle, well then you're a perfect fool.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I only noticed this week. I cannot even see her profile! I’ve unfollowed now from my business account too. Can’t be doing with it tbh and I’ve only ever been positive about her. I’m not sure why it’s happened.
It probably happened because like the rest of them, she isn't actually kind in real life, despite all the "Be Kind" tat they all have all over their homes. There's definitely a black list going around, I'm on it (my personal account), I can still see her on my business account. I used to really like Elle. I even sent her a heartfelt message after I read her book (I've suffered from multiple miscarriages and her book really helped me cope). And then she blocked me, it was a real slap in the face as I had confided some pretty personal things (shame on me). So, she may be doing all sorts of work for charity and helping others (well done her), but she certainly doesn't practice what she preaches. I'm happy she got her happy ending after the terrible loss she has suffered. But I'm no longer under the illusion that any of these "influencers" care a jot about their followers or how THEIR actions affect others. They drone on and on about how they are bullied and their mental health suffers, but they have zero problem bullying people themselves. Just something to be aware of.

• Sad
  • Heart

judsmum

Chatty Member
When I suffered all my miscarriages and dealt with multiple IVF failures I turned to my friends and family and they were there to support and listen to me endlessly because that’s they do. When I brought home a living, breathing child, I didn’t text, i didn’t ring. I didn’t stop people coming if they wanted to even the same day I’d had him. I didn’t want a fuss I just wanted to feel his weight on me and smell his head. For months. And my friends and family were totally on board with that.
I also didn’t do that really fucking irritating thing where people bring their fresh out of the womb children into work for everyone to gawp at. And since Elle’s job is Instagram as so many of you from the bitch club have pointed out, all she’s done is not done the really fucking irritating thing of ‘took her child into work’ - ie plastered across Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Bizziebody

VIP Member
Some nasty people on here, I hope her and her little family are going just fine away from social media.

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
well it seems people have a very high expectation of a woman who was grieving herself and I personally don’t think it’s fair on her. I’ve had friends who have had losses and have messaged her (not expecting a reply) and she was very gracious in her replies and kind.

she isn’t a normal influencer selling crappy products, she is raising awareness of an awful subject and As far as I am aware most (maybe not all) of the money she makes via that page is given to charity.

she can’t win either way with everyone and if you don’t like her approach on the matter then thats your opinion.

She said when she got pregnant again she took a step back from trying to help others and wasn’t replying to as many people and I don’t anyone can say anything bad about that.

• Heart

Spider12

VIP Member
She might have just tagged it because people ask her where it’s from? She’s not an influencer and an older lady who probably doesn’t have much of an idea how Instagram works. Some proper spiteful people on here.

Reactions: 34

Teaandme

If I put myself in Elle’s shoes, may be she doesn’t want to share because she doesn’t want to jinx it. She doesn’t have to, she owes it to no one, her baby her choice and all that. I can only imagine having an IG like this takes a lot of work, I struggle to get time to post a pic of my kids on there once a month or so!!! I see it that she’s taking time out, in her little bubble, everything she’s been through and struggle to have a rainbow baby, she deserves, like any parent going through this, some time out. If she posted pics of her baby, then got sent stuff people would judge her. She’s been upfront about this, so I think good for her. The pressures enough for parents with newborns. Unfortunately she never got to take Teddy home, I think she wants to take this baby home and enjoy every precious moment and good for her! She owes nothing to any of her followers, it’s her account, her platform and I’m pretty sure she will carry on supporting all these charities like she has done, but she’s entitled to her own maternity leave and if she want to leave her baby out of the lime light then good for her. Again if she didn’t a lot of you would judge her, she may be different once babies here but it’s her choice because it’s her child, not instagrams!!

• Heart
I'm not surprised she has a book coming out, she's been dipping her feet back into instagram for a bit commenting on people's posts, and lo and behold, she's got something to promote. I get that Elle has done a lot of good and that is meaningful (I shan't take that away from her), I don't expect or feel entitled to anyone's content (that's bananas to think that) but she was rude to me and it was uncalled for. I hadn't fully read through this thread and it appears I am not the only one who had a rude response from her when they reached out. I didn't ask her for any advice, I didn't expect anything from her per se, I just thought she might give me a thank you for sharing your experience and praising of my book message (if she read my message, didn't even think it would get through as she has a big following, I was just very moved by her book and I wanted to tell her how much it meant to me), but I got a fuck off kind of message. It wasn't nice and she should know better when dealing with vulnerable women who are going through some pretty rotten shit.

I should have quoted it but someone said earlier on here, "what people perceive as rude" - it's not what people "perceive" as rude, she IS rude and it's absolute crap for people to dismiss that because they just love Elle oh so very much. She has chosen to write a book and put herself out there, no one forced her. I bought her book, wrote positive reviews on amazon, goodreads, and audible, and she was unkind to me after sharing my experience, thanking her for making me feel less alone, and praising her book. Then I realized she had blocked me from her stories but not her grid, because hey, I might be a customer again and she could promote her new book to people like me who had bought the first. I legit wished I could return her book after the response I got from her, I deleted all my positive reviews and unfollowed her. You guys think you know her because you see a tiny snip it of her good deeds and put her up on a pedestal of untouchability because she lost a child, and I feel for her on that, I really do, but that doesn't mean she has carte blanche to treat people unkindly.

I'm not surprised she has a book coming out, she's been dipping her feet back into instagram for a bit commenting on people's posts, and lo and behold, she's got something to promote. I get that Elle has done a lot of good and that is meaningful (I shan't take that away from her), I don't expect or feel entitled to anyone's content (that's bananas to think that) but she was rude to me and it was uncalled for. I hadn't fully read through this thread and it appears I am not the only one who had a rude response from her when they reached out. I didn't ask her for any advice, I didn't expect anything from her per se, I just thought she might give me a thank you for sharing your experience and praising of my book message (if she read my message, didn't even think it would get through as she has a big following, I was just very moved by her book and I wanted to tell her how much it meant to me), but I got a fuck off kind of message. It wasn't nice and she should know better when dealing with vulnerable women who are going through some pretty rotten shit.

I should have quoted it but someone said earlier on here, "what people perceive as rude" - it's not what people "perceive" as rude, she IS rude and it's absolute crap for people to dismiss that because they just love Elle oh so very much. She has chosen to write a book and put herself out there, no one forced her. I bought her book, wrote positive reviews on amazon, goodreads, and audible, and she was unkind to me after sharing my experience, thanking her for making me feel less alone, and praising her book. Then I realized she had blocked me from her stories but not her grid, because hey, I might be a customer again and she could promote her new book to people like me who had bought the first. I legit wished I could return her book after the response I got from her, I deleted all my positive reviews and unfollowed her. You guys think you know her because you see a tiny snip it of her good deeds and put her up on a pedestal of untouchability because she lost a child, and I feel for her on that, I really do, but that doesn't mean she has carte blanche to treat people unkindly.
I tried to edit this but I didn't realize there's a time limit. She simply could have not responded, like someone else said. The things is, presumably she wrote her book for altruistic reasons, right? She should understand that books can have a huge impact on people, especially books about something like this. People will want to get in touch and tell you how much your writing meant to them. It's not unreasonable to expect, if they are going to take the time to reply to you, that they would at least reply with a generic message that was kindhearted and gracious if they want boundaries - something like, 'I appreciate your message, however I'm just one person and I cannot reply to everyone individually, please know I appreciate all you have shared with me and your support of Teddy's Wish or Tommy's' or whatever charity it is her book and she supports - instead of a rude, I haven't got the time for this style message. Cool, thanks. I'll remember that next time I'm in the bookshop. And before someone says, "she doesn't have to support all of the people it's hard for her", I didn't brain dump on her, I didn't share anything triggering, I'm not an idiot, I've been through the same things as her, I know how to behave. It was just jarring and hurtful and really, really unexpected.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I highly doubt she will write a book about her daughter and that’s why she’s keeping things private, to make money from her 🙄 I can see her writing about pregnancy after loss perhaps, if anything. I think people are just pissed they don’t know everything going on, people talk about wanting kids to be private etc and yet when a Mum does just that suddenly it’s because she’s got £££ on the brain!

• Heart