Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably didn’t expect a following of hundreds of thousands of people, nor for lots of people to reaching out to her for support following their own loss every single day.

Please just go start a thread to witch about her somewhere else
Merry christmas !!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I can confirm she done this to me when I reached out when my baby was very sick in the nicu. I just gotta generic copy and paste message about how she doesn’t have time for it and wouldn’t be reading or replying. It actually really took me by surprise and upset more than I thought it ever would. It was really blunt and quite cutting. Never saw her the same after that.
I am not in the least bit surprised. Really sorry for your loss- I hope you are getting the support you need now xx

Reactions: 4
All I can say is actually know her a Little and a she’s very very genuine and a lovely person, I don’t really like insta peeps, but hand on heart she’ll have done it all for the right reasons x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I can confirm she done this to me when I reached out when my baby was very sick in the nicu. I just gotta generic copy and paste message about how she doesn’t have time for it and wouldn’t be reading or replying. It actually really took me by surprise and upset more than I thought it ever would. It was really blunt and quite cutting. Never saw her the same after that.
I can confirm she did the same to me, very abrupt and rude actually. She said I can’t get involved with strangers, harsh choice of words. Instagrammers can be quite fake, at the end of the day for the large accounts it’s a business for them, something to make money off 😕😕

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I know its harsh for the people who have had what they perceive to be rude replies but I completely understand where she is coming from. I’m sorry for everyone who has suffered a loss of any sort.

i would be pissed as well it was standard influencer message people were sending aka ‘where is this from’ and getting rude replies but I can’t imagine how hard it must be to have to live with your own pain everyday and then having people constantly want your support on the same matter or expect long lengthy replies, to you guys its one message you’re sending but she must recieve so many of the same style messages.

i can’t imagine having to relieve the most painful thing in my life everyday and then have people expect me to help them as well.

Reactions: 28
I think it would be gentler to not reply at all rather than reply a message that could be seen as crass. Or the generic post could be I am sorry you’re going through something so difficult please seek professional help if you’re struggling rather than I don’t respond to strangers as it’s too draining on me me me

Reactions: 18
Instagram is her job, she makes her living by selling her story. She is currently on maternity leave. It’s as black and white as that.

Reactions: 15
I can confirm she did the same to me, very abrupt and rude actually. She said I can’t get involved with strangers, harsh choice of words. Instagrammers can be quite fake, at the end of the day for the large accounts it’s a business for them, something to make money off 😕😕
What a witch! I hope you’re okay xx

I know its harsh for the people who have had what they perceive to be rude replies but I completely understand where she is coming from. I’m sorry for everyone who has suffered a loss of any sort.

i would be pissed as well it was standard influencer message people were sending aka ‘where is this from’ and getting rude replies but I can’t imagine how hard it must be to have to live with your own pain everyday and then having people constantly want your support on the same matter or expect long lengthy replies, to you guys its one message you’re sending but she must recieve so many of the same style messages.

i can’t imagine having to relieve the most painful thing in my life everyday and then have people expect me to help them as well.
Erm, she kinda made that choice when she started her page. You can’t promote awareness and open up engagement on a subject only to shut the door on those who reach out.

Reactions: 6
Cracks me up this thread. Is is still in the rave section? If it’s not, I’ll start my own rave thread on her as I think out of all those vile, money grabbing sell their own nan for content influencers, Elle comes across as one of the more genuine ones.

Just checked...still in the rave thread! 🤣

Reactions: 30
well it seems people have a very high expectation of a woman who was grieving herself and I personally don’t think it’s fair on her. I’ve had friends who have had losses and have messaged her (not expecting a reply) and she was very gracious in her replies and kind.

she isn’t a normal influencer selling crappy products, she is raising awareness of an awful subject and As far as I am aware most (maybe not all) of the money she makes via that page is given to charity.

she can’t win either way with everyone and if you don’t like her approach on the matter then thats your opinion.

She said when she got pregnant again she took a step back from trying to help others and wasn’t replying to as many people and I don’t anyone can say anything bad about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I just really think another thread needs to be made. I don’t want to read the nasty comments in a rave thread. So perhaps someone can go make one to discuss what they feel is wrong with Elle and us on the rave can stay out of that one.

• Haha
Can someone set up a non rave thread so that people can go their separate ways?

Reactions: 9
Agreed, we’ve been through this before in this thread aswell yet people still continue to write those comments, it’s boring keep going over it. Always the same ones aswell, if you dislike her so much, just make a different thread 😂 I’ll be staying here, love Elle ☺

Reactions: 13
Instagram is her job, she makes her living by selling her story. She is currently on maternity leave. It’s as black and white as that.
She had another job, she’s spoken about it before. She works for her dad and has said that she’s grateful for that as it means she’s able to work from home as she’s been suffering from severe anxiety since losing Teddy.

Reactions: 4
When I suffered all my miscarriages and dealt with multiple IVF failures I turned to my friends and family and they were there to support and listen to me endlessly because that’s they do. When I brought home a living, breathing child, I didn’t text, i didn’t ring. I didn’t stop people coming if they wanted to even the same day I’d had him. I didn’t want a fuss I just wanted to feel his weight on me and smell his head. For months. And my friends and family were totally on board with that.
I also didn’t do that really bleeping irritating thing where people bring their fresh out of the womb children into work for everyone to gawp at. And since Elle’s job is Instagram as so many of you from the witch club have pointed out, all she’s done is not done the really bleeping irritating thing of ‘took her child into work’ - ie plastered across Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She had another job, she’s spoken about it before. She works for her dad and has said that she’s grateful for that as it means she’s able to work from home as she’s been suffering from severe anxiety since losing Teddy.
I was trying to defend her by pointing out shes entitled to ‘maternity leave’ everything else aside.

Reactions: 6
I’ve had contact with her, not recently it was after her appearance on HMHB and I’d dealt with similar and i just wanted to let it out and she responded she was so kind and lovely. I’d also had another baby in between anyway but still grieved my angel...
I can’t imagine how many messages of support or assurance she receives daily and she’s not a counsellor or an expert. I don’t blame her from stepping back and enjoying her little girl.
it’s an experience she never got to have at the end of the day!

• Heart
I’ve missed her posts and will definitely buy her book. I’ve been through similar to her and I love how she puts my own feelings into such beautiful words.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Instagram is not her job, she started it to promote awareness of baby loss and document her experience. She doesn’t owe anyone anything and people expecting replies and sympathy from her need to realise she is grieving herself and isn’t a professional grief counsellor nor held herself out to be . I can hardly imagine how difficult it was being pregnant again after such a tragic loss, the anxiety must have been huge and hundreds of people messaging her their stories of loss must have been overwhelming.

I hope she does come back and introduce her little one to us - I’ve been so invested in her story and so pleased she has a happy outcome . If she doesn’t decide to though totally her prerogative!

• Heart
Reactions: 17