Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a bad career move. People are -were invested in her story and now she’s buggered off. She’s going to have lost some of her captive audience.

Reactions: 1
It’s a bad career move. People are -were invested in her story and now she’s buggered off. She’s going to have lost some of her captive audience.
If I were her, I wouldn’t give a toss about losing any audience or career move as I would be cherishing my rainbow baby that’s earth side safe and well. I’d imaging that’s how she may be feeling.

Reactions: 47
I love Elle and all her content and think she writes to beautifully and raises awareness in such a delicate way although I have to say I find it a bit odd this Instagram break. Like I mean I get it, I think, but for someone who’s life and carer as such came from Instagram, who shared so much and really connected with her followers I don’t quite get the secrecy around the new baby and the complete cold turkey of coming off Instagram completely 🤷🏻‍♀️
She doesn’t owe anyone anything, even an update. She has something she has wished for for years, I totally get not wanting to engage on social media to such a big audience when you’re in a new baby bubble during a pandemic navigating grief and loss.

Reactions: 26
She doesn’t owe anyone anything, even an update. She has something she has wished for for years, I totally get not wanting to engage on social media to such a big audience when you’re in a new baby bubble during a pandemic navigating grief and loss.
Then she cant really expect it to still be there when she needs people to buy her book. But no doubt it will be as the sheep will always still be there to follow.

Reactions: 11
Then she cant really expect it to still be there when she needs people to buy her book. But no doubt it will be as the sheep will always still be there to follow.
Her audience is largely made up of people who have experienced baby loss like she has, I would hardly call them sheep. If they buy her book which I’m sure many will it’ll be because the subject matter of pregnancy and birth after loss is something near and dear to them or someone they love. What’s your issue with her, the fact she chose to take some time for her and the baby rather than be on Instagram? The critics would have been out in force on that one too

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Her audience is largely made up of people who have experienced baby loss like she has, I would hardly call them sheep. If they buy her book which I’m sure many will it’ll be because the subject matter of pregnancy and birth after loss is something near and dear to them or someone they love. What’s your issue with her, the fact she chose to take some time for her and the baby rather than be on Instagram? The critics would have been out in force on that one too
I dont have an issue with her, am delighted she now has her baby and understand why she has taken a break. i just think these instagrammers arent our friends, they use their followers for their own means and basically to make money.

Reactions: 14
What was the purpose of her account? Was it to raise awareness and support other parents going through the same? Because as far as I am aware, she shut the door in the face of most who reached out to her. She didn’t shut the door on The White Company or whichever company it was who provided her with an outside seating area..

I hope she does come back though, people want to “ask her her name”!

Reactions: 8
I dont have an issue with her, am delighted she now has her baby and understand why she has taken a break. i just think these instagrammers arent our friends, they use their followers for their own means and basically to make money.
I don’t think she is my friend, and I think she did a great deal for others that we didn’t see. She had bereaved women and families contact her daily, that has to take its toll. And if I remember rightly her first book the money made was in aid of Tommy’s, not lining her pockets

What was the purpose of her account? Was it to raise awareness and support other parents going through the same? Because as far as I am aware, she shut the door in the face of most who reached out to her. She didn’t shut the door on The White Company or whichever company it was who provided her with an outside seating area..

How are you aware of this?

Reactions: 5
I wasnt aware this was a rave thread.

I just think when she wants something from the followers whether be it for charity or for herself she will be back. I think its a bit naive to think she hasnt made money from instagram to date. She most certainly has.

I don’t think she is my friend, and I think she did a great deal for others that we didn’t see. She had bereaved women and families contact her daily, that has to take its toll. And if I remember rightly her first book the money made was in aid of Tommy’s, not lining her pockets

I wasnt aware this was a rave thread.

I just think when she wants something from the followers whether be it for charity or for herself she will be back. I think its a bit naive to think she hasnt made money from instagram to date. She most certainly has.
Oh she for sure has. I don’t doubt that, she’s done ADs with the white company etc. I just don’t resent her for it, I can imagine going back to work after what she went through would be really tough. And even if I hated her for doing that, I think piling on her is just distasteful.

And this thread is in the rave section, not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not!

Reactions: 12

I can confirm she done this to me when I reached out when my baby was very sick in the nicu. I just gotta generic copy and paste message about how she doesn’t have time for it and wouldn’t be reading or replying. It actually really took me by surprise and upset more than I thought it ever would. It was really blunt and quite cutting. Never saw her the same after that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I can confirm she done this to me when I reached out when my baby was very sick in the nicu. I just gotta generic copy and paste message about how she doesn’t have time for it and wouldn’t be reading or replying. It actually really took me by surprise and upset more than I thought it ever would. It was really blunt and quite cutting. Never saw her the same after that.
I’m sorry about your baby ❤
In her defence, she did make it clear that she couldn’t provide individual support to people on her stories and grid. She must get 100’s if not 1000’s of DMs a day, most of them highly emotive. She was grieving and also is/was not trained in counselling or bereavement support. It’s a lot of responsibility for one person who is already really struggling and is untrained. I don’t blame her for stepping back. That doesn’t excuse the cold language though.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In her defence I dm her few times a couple of years ago and she responded with a nice message.
It wasn’t a message about infertility or a grieving one but still I was not expecting her to respond and being so kind

Reactions: 3
I’m pretty sure she’s mentioned before that someone else was manning her DMs. I think this was around the time of her pregnancy announcement though. It must be difficult trying to support others while still grieving your own loss.

Reactions: 3
I’m pretty sure she’s mentioned before that someone else was manning her DMs. I think this was around the time of her pregnancy announcement though. It must be difficult trying to support others while still grieving your own loss.
Of course it is, but then dont put yourself out there. What did she really expect.

Reactions: 7
I think Instagram and her account and popularity and ‘friends’ on there helped her through an unbelievably painful time. I’m guessing with the baby she needed to move on somewhat from that chapter with having the new baby.

Of course it is, but then dont put yourself out there. What did she really expect.
Probably didn’t expect a following of hundreds of thousands of people, nor for lots of people to reaching out to her for support following their own loss every single day. She never said she was a support service nor did she offer herself up as one.

Please just go start a thread to witch about her somewhere else

• Haha
Reactions: 17