Feathering the empty nest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The knitwear is gorgeous but £30/50 for a tiny cardigan or jumper- how the other half live!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The knitwear is gorgeous but £30/50 for a tiny cardigan or jumper- how the other half live!
haha I desperately want one but I can’t bring myself to part with that kind of money for something they’ll be in for such a short time!

Reactions: 6
haha I desperately want one but I can’t bring myself to part with that kind of money for something they’ll be in for such a short time!

Agree, spending that much money on something they will be in for 5 minutes just seems a waste of money, it’s not like she will be able to keep them for another baby either as they’re personalised!

Reactions: 5
Agree, spending that much money on something they will be in for 5 minutes just seems a waste of money, it’s not like she will be able to keep them for another baby either as they’re personalised!
So what? People (rightly) complain when influencers get everything for free or keep taking freebies when they’ve already got huge amounts of whatever it is. In this case, they’ve bought all of these jumpers. They’ve got plenty of money, it’s up to them how they spend it. They do huge amounts for charity, so it’s not like they‘re selfishly spending their cash and ignoring those less fortunate. Are we really going to nitpick at a woman who buys her desperately wanted rainbow baby a few expensive keepsake jumpers? There’ll be plenty of clothes and items to pass on, I don’t blame her for wanting a few special items that mark a really wonderful moment in their lives. Plus, they are from a small company and appear to be made ethically, so 🤷🏼‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
So what? People (rightly) complain when influencers get everything for free or keep taking freebies when they’ve already got huge amounts of whatever it is. In this case, they’ve bought all of these jumpers. They’ve got plenty of money, it’s up to them how they spend it. They do huge amounts for charity, so it’s not like they‘re selfishly spending their cash and ignoring those less fortunate. Are we really going to nitpick at a woman who buys her desperately wanted rainbow baby a few expensive keepsake jumpers? There’ll be plenty of clothes and items to pass on, I don’t blame her for wanting a few special items that mark a really wonderful moment in their lives. Plus, they are from a small company and appear to be made ethically, so 🤷🏼‍♀️.
👏 exactly this.
It’s not #kindlygifted, it will go in the memory box. It’s promoting a small business. Again, she excels herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The cardigans are super cute and who cares if she buys them with her own money 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely! How could anyone be critical after all she’s been through and how much she has helped others and charities. I’m sure the small businesses are really grateful too - win win - good for her!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Even excluding what’s she’s been through, if she’s buying them herself then what’s the problem? I want one for my son and like others say, it will go in his memory box, I don’t particularly care that it’s the one item that can’t be reused by another baby.
I doubt that she’s concerned currently with what she’ll do about recycling clothes for another baby and is just happy to have this one safely earth side.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Even excluding what’s she’s been through, if she’s buying them herself then what’s the problem? I want one for my son and like others say, it will go in his memory box, I don’t particularly care that it’s the one item that can’t be reused by another baby.
I doubt that she’s concerned currently with what she’ll do about recycling clothes for another baby and is just happy to have this one safely earth side.
You’re talking about one though and keeping one as a keepsake is lovely but she has 4 or 5 I think, all in the same size which does seem a tad excessive. Completely up to her if that’s what she wants to spend her money on but I don’t think people are being harsh or overly critical to point out that most people couldn’t afford to do that.

Reactions: 7
There isn’t an issue, people were just expressing an opinion? Not sure why people are getting so defensive about it when no one has said anything bad about her. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m not getting defensive I asked a question! Your comment implied she shouldn’t be sharing it because others might not be able to afford it?

Reactions: 2
I’m not getting defensive I asked a question! Your comment implied she shouldn’t be sharing it because others might not be able to afford it?
I didn’t say she shouldn’t share it, I said other people should be allowed to have an opinion on it, that’s all.

Reactions: 5
Someone I follow that designs jewellery was attacked for sharing her baby in a cardigan that was quite expensive. It was a Christmas gift from a family member that was handmade and from a small company. I have to say I agreed with her argument. No one was exploited in some huge factory and this particularly lady bought a lot second hand etc. I see no issue with buying some quality pieces where the money is going into someone’s pocket that loves what they do.

Reactions: 9
So you can have an opinion but I can’t? And I can’t ask you about yours? 😂
Of course you can have an opinion, I haven’t tried to moderate anyone, I was just giving the alternate view about why people might find the number of cardigans excessive. Some people think it’s fine and that’s cool too.
You did ask me about my opinion and I answered so not sure where you got that impression from? Just most people don’t ask questions with an exclamation mark so it seemed a bit dramatic.
Not trying to pick a fight or derail, I think we all like Elle on here, but we can still differ on how we see things.

Reactions: 9
Can people block you from seeing their stories? I have 2 IG accounts and on one I can see Elle has posted stories and on the other its saying she hasn't posted any stories.

• Wow
Reactions: 2