Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elsie

I think when she tried to cuddle up to him and he didn't respond to her fskeness, she started to pinch him instead, knowing FULL WELL that would work...and it did. She wanted some kind of reaction and she got it, once again.
Exactly! The sweet princess striked again.

Reactions: 3

VickyIsAwesome

Food addiction is a real thing. It is a type of eating disorde caused because the brain releases dopamine (the "feel good' chemical) when a person eats certain foods that they like. This can then create cravings that can only be satisfied by that kind of food. These highly crave-able foods tend to be high in fat, sugar, and/or salt and therefore people with food addiction tend to become morbidly obese.

Thanks for that @mardplqy now i understand :)

VickyIsAwesome

it scares me so much that there's not a fence on that pool. in australia there are rules: there must be a fence around ANY in ground pool most above ground pools and even inflatable pools over a certain size, it must be AT LEAST 1.2 metres tall, pretty sure there's a maximum gap height between the ground and base of the fence and there are lock requirements. we know that even children that know how to swim can get into pools and drown. we know that pets can get into pools and drown. we know that even the most well-intentioned of parents can look away for a minute, get distracted, leave the door unlocked. abbie is a child. she jumps in the pool constantly, clothed or otherwise. the fact that there is no pool fencing, no safety gate, no CPR guidelines stuck to the fence (i swear every aussie pool has that one step-by-step CPR sign) is genuinely terrifying. no parent thinks their kid is gonna drown. most kids here are decent swimmers by the time they start school, and if not there are government funded programs to teach those that can't yet. i know that most of cilla and asa's anxiety about abbie drowning was alleviated when cilla and her mum taught her how to swim, but so many things can go wrong in the water. its a bit disturbing when they laugh about abbie jumping in the pool with no boundaries or rules. yeah, its your house and 'her' pool, and yeah you're watching. but all it takes is one time when you're not for something to go wrong.

maybe i'm just overreacting from years of swimsafe commercials, but i'd say i've seen enough stories of kids drowning on the news to be concerned. i just hope that maybe there are some boundaries established with jumping in the pool, to keep that kid safe
That's so true i'm from Australia too and we have fences around swimming pools

lovesis

VIP Member
You have some members who thought Abbie should have been attended to right away because she was upset and crying. Then you have others saying she was fine and can wait.

I do not believe she has to be run to every time she cries. But, she was not feeling well and she was hungry. They videoed the lady singing so was it necessary for all of them to stand and watch that nonsense? One could have stayed and got Abbie's breakfast. Not because she has to be tended to immediately, but because it is the nice thing to do when she just got up and wasn't feeling well. Also remember Abbie does not know why she is not feeling right, she can't figure that out in her head like most kids can, to her...something is just not right. A sinus headache can put me down and make me nauseous, feel very crummy, but I understand what it is.

And on that note: if someone rang my bell and started singing? I would take the balloons, say "thanks" and shut the damn door. I would hate someone doing that to me at work, at home, at a restaurant...I do not like that crap for me at all.
I didn’t watch the vlog but I agree, only because I don’t think they have properly taught Abbie the concept of waiting.

Who knocked on the door singing?

Wow.
That one was hard to watch.
Forcing her to finger paint.
But whatever you do, don't make a mess!!
🐖 hates messes!!!
Encouraging her to eat the paint was REALLY smart. Since she would have eaten regular paint anyway, who cares.
I wonder where that "caregiver" is these days? I wish she would join us. 😂
🐖's fake "encouraging" was as usual, nauseating.
Even back then 🐖 was into her lipstick and of course herself.
Tipping the scales at close to 500lbs didn't slow her narcissist behaviors. At all.
She's really a case study for the mental health professionals.
IMO.
This made me so mad and started the wheels from being a former humper. There was no reason to force her to do that.

View attachment 140616why is Abbie going to bed in tight leggings?
Ugh! And that hump on her back is getting more and more prominent!
They look like the soft cotton leggings that stretch. They aren’t nylon fitness leggings. I have a couple of pairs from that MLM brand that I bought new off ebay for less & they are very soft. Why wouldn’t they be for anytime clothing? Just wondering.

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
This bullshit with that Myka Stauffer should be cause for YT reevauate anyone making money off their children and videos. This just needs to stop completely. If families want to "spread awareness" they should do it without making bank on it.
I've thought about that too! I think there should be a rule like there is with child actors/actresses about a huge portion of the money legally being forced to be kept away for the child when they turn 18. If this were to happen with YT, that way you would be able to tell which ones were being genuine/not trying to be 'famous' vs the ones trying to get millions of subs/views and be exploitive. With this logic/rule, the people wanting to make big money and views would be much less motivated, as there wouldn't be as much incentive/money as a reward.
Hopefully that makes sense..idk

lovesis

VIP Member
I definitely agree with almost every point you made. I don't believe Abbie has the capacity to understand discipline on that level. I think she can probably understand patterns of situations when they happen daily even if she doesn't understand the reasoning what she's doing - things like washing her hands, brushing her teeth, etc. With a lot of discipline on the part of her caregivers she can underestand those routines and understand that she has to do them.

But going out to restaurants are never going to be the exact same process over time, plus she's being taken out of an area she's comfortable in and familiar with (home) and being taken to somewhere new. If she's in a chill mood and open to new things it seems okay; when she's not, it's not. I agree with what you said about being thrown by Summer and Isaiah being gone and also by whatever user said that being taken to restaurants twice in one day after weeks of almost total isolation may have just been overstimulating.

I won't begin to act like any kind of authority on autism or IDD but it just seems like their (particularly Priscilla's) expectations of her to be seen and not heard when she's already having a hard time are pretty unreasonable. They have a special needs child. Her acting out is part of her special need. It's the only capacity to which she can communicate. I struggle to attach maliciousness or any kind of deeper motive like manipulation or even brattiness to her behavior. I wish they could find some better ways to cope with her too, ones that don't make their lives miserable but also don't make Abbie miserable either.
Where is Isiaiah I skipped through the vlog?

lovesis

VIP Member
I couldnt agree more. When they first started they showed the good, the bad, and the ugly. The biting, the hitting and scratching, destruction, pull-up shredding, meltdowns, all of it. Do we NEED to see that? Absolutely not. But should they be honest about her "progression" or lack-thereof, yes.

Asa has backed himself into a corner by being the "Autism Expert". If Abbie hasnt made progress it makes him look bad, because thats his narrative. What started out as a reality YT channel has morphed into a scripted shit show.
Why do you think they changed? What about getting bigger would make them want to change their narrative?

Gambit

Chatty Member
Actually she didn't say that, it has been repeated here over and over but it did not come from Priscilla's mouth. She said "homeschooling is not my jam" so Asa had taken over with that and P was doing more "life skills".

Then they told the story of P not knowing what to do with a baby, that Asa was the nurturing one because nurturing was not her thing. For me...it is hard to get because I was the one to nurture in my family, I nursed my babies, wore my babies, but not every female isn't like that.

If Abbie responds best to Asa then he should be doing more of it, they are both home so why not? I do not believe it is because P doesn't love her.

Yeah I know...I am defending them, eh? Not really...just trying to keep things truthful, they do enough crap without making things up. Plus....it makes US look as bad as they are when things are posted that aren't true.
My kids are home from school and we’re trying to work. It is freaking hard! I don’t understand how any parent could take what she said and hold it against her. We set up our lives to fit kids being at school. My husband has done 1/10 of what I’ve done for distance learning and nobody has criticized him for not taking care of his kids.