Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I just looked up People’s Jewellers. The bracelets are nice but nothing special. I don’t think he was super cheap and got her a sterling silver one (that would be funny, tho! 😂), but the next level up is 10K gold, which I don’t personally qualify as “fine” jewelry. There are other ones that are 14K with better diamonds but I doubt he spent that much...

I still think it’s super weird she kept that bracelet and even wore it while she was wedding planning in Florida. Of course it’s Elle, so it’s not surprising she kept it, but if it were me, I would have pawned that thing a long time ago. Why keep a 10K gold tennis bracelet with shitty diamonds which only serves as a reminder of your ex?
I took a look and Smelley's looks like one of the ones around a few hundred dollars to $1,000 or so. I feel like hers might be sterling silver because the diamonds looked tiny (sorta like the ones below) and the bracelet itself had no luster.

1595737449132.png
1595737509882.png

To be honest, this is the girl with the fake Tiffany engagement ring (she used to show off their sterling silver pieces in videos dedicated to her "precious jewelry" but somehow her "Tiffany's diamond engagement ring" got no reveal video or close-up?). I remember that no one could find her ring on the Tiffany’s website and when the ladies on GG pointed that out, she created an Instagram story saying how it was custom made with a little blue box in the background, probably to cover up her lie. There is no chance in hell Rickety Dickets, with his grocery store box of wine as a TV stand, got her a custom-made anything from Tiffany’s. I wouldn't be surprised Joe got her something worth a few hundred dollars and sort of unbranded (for fine jewlery), and she got annoyed and made him pay for an extra clasp to feel better. I don't think she'd ever admit it's sterling silver even if it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Katrina_AK_0099

At 4:20 she complains about her plane being delayed 6 hours due to maintenance, calling it bullshit.

She's a Karen. Full-on wealthy white lady privileged attitude. Eleanor Lecocq thinks having a Chanel bag and mountains of cashmere makes her better than service workers and gives her the right to be rude and snotty.

This video is the same attitude as when she bitched and moaned about how the one time she used UberEats her driver was in a car crash and delivered her pizza and pasta late. No mention of his condition, just that it was so tough having to wait for food when she was hungry.

• Heart

drewberry_moore

@thecatlass: Did she ever mention where the bracelet was from? We have a department store called the Bay that’s all over the country and they sell a lot of in-house, non branded precious jewellery, in addition to the expensive, branded things. I’ve seen lower quality diamonds go for $200-800 there.
The Diamondmas video is no more, and she never said where Joe got it, but I'm going to guess that bracelet was from a non-specialty store like The Bay.

After the clOsp broke she tried to bring it back to the original store and have it replaced with a box clOsP, but the person working there didn't know what she was referring to. A specialty store like Birks or Tiffany or Spence Diamonds probably would have known what she was talking about, and the diamonds would have had way more sparkle.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
This! Being happy makes people look more attractive, and being a nice person makes you more attractive too. I feel like a lot of girls my age feel that if they look better, are thinner, get lip fillers, get their hooded eyelids fixed, and get a boyfriend their life will magically be better! But that's just not true. You are still the same person on the inside even if you do get married, being able to brag about a husband won't make you happier if you don't like the husband and if he doesn't treat you well. People are so concerned about how it looks to everyone, social media etc that they forget that being happy with how you are is what is important.

Sure I'm glad I had braces as a kid , but whether it is braces or a chin implant, or laser skin stuff you are still the same person on the inside. Having those things done sure might make your life easier but people need to realize that it doesn't change you. If you think "just once I get my lips done I will be happy" you won't because you'll find something else to obsess over.
I actually think hooded eyes are so beautiful! And almost no one looks better with lip fillers lol. It's almost always fake-looking and a disaster but I digress.

I'm in my late 20s now and lots of my girlfriends who are single are turning to things like botox, plastic surgery, and extreme weight loss because they think their source of unhappiness is due to how they look and the fact that they're single. But actually, it's their attitude towards life that's making them less attractive, and not because they need to lose weight or get anything done! I can't remember the exact quote but I read something that was like "Your face in your teens and 20s is the one you're born with, and your face after 30 is the one you create" and that comes from being kind, having a positive attitude towards life, and not stressing yourself out over every little thing. A great personality and attitude creates a beautiful person!

I'm of two minds about her makeup/hair. I love her natural hair and light makeup look in Hawaii, but most of time when she gets "done up", it gets so heavy and clown-y. She really needs to transition over to creamier products and less drastic looks, like garish red lips.
I like her naturally curly hair! I think it looks a lot better than her pageant curls or when she's aggressively straightening it, only not to wash it for days on end because she doesn't want to re-style again.

• Heart

ccc123000

Chatty Member
Also, more than money issues, I think Joe detested Smelle's vapid personality and lack of compatibility. After a long week of work, his idea of a good weekend was probably either chilling at home or doing something outdoorsy. Instead, he'd end up having to go back to the office because at home there wasn't a single bit of space left for him and his laptop Smelle's crap (aka heirloom pieces) took over the entire place or he'd be dragged to some miserable posh luncheon with passive aggressive bitchy Vancouver socialites.
Looks like he's learned his lesson and found someone who seems outdoorsy and adventurous, and seems to have a good head on her shoulders rather than just trying to look cute and pushing up her tatas while talking in a shrill baby voice.

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
But none of her boyfriends were the kind of guy that women would love to be with 😜 Neither physically or personality-wise.

Chris - condescending, rude, balding, short English guy that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Impressionable 24-year old Smelle fell for the industrial-vibe condo he owned and a tiny convertible

Joe - taller than Chris but also slightly balding. Nice smile but big ears. Got mean and snarky with time. Didn't own a car but at least he could drive.

Rickets - hairy and pompous granola divorcé that embellishes the truth, just like his ex-fiancée. I'd say he was best suited for Smelle in terms of personality. Bad match in terms of outlook on money.

I belive she goes for men that are either unattractive or not very conventionally attractive because when she gets dolled up, she looks 'out of their league' and uses their pride ('Look at me, my girlfriend is an arm candy') as a leverage to get things from them - 'I'm trying so hard to always look beautiful for you, won't you treat me to a dinner out/ pay the rent/ buy me a pair of earrings?'

Last edited:
  • Heart

RubyGT

This is a random observation, but doesn't Rick look like a wish.com version of Justin Trudeau?

What I asked for....
pm_trudeau_600x683.jpg

VS what I got......

download.jpeg

• Haha

Sofatsolazy1

That’s true, I forgot about her white lie with her engagement ring. 😂🙄 There is no way Rick could afford Tiffany’s anything; I certainly can’t afford any of their fine jewelry, but I know enough that Tiffany’s wouldn’t deign to make custom jewelry for small fry like Dickles.

Still, though, how can Elle not know how crappy her tennis bracelet is? She has those diamond studs and while they were overpriced, they are still much nicer and whiter than her bracelet. She tries to play off how much she knows about gemstones and jewelry and yet she doesn't seem to mind wearing crappy pearls and diamonds. 🙄

Sorry if I am coming off as snobby. I have cheap, mall brand jewelry myself and most of the jewelry I own is more sentimental to me than actually valuable. But I definitely would not keep an ex’s gifted jewelry unless I knew it was super expensive...and even then I’d still try to see how much money I could make off it. 😂😂😈
She also claimed she went toTahiti to source Tahitian pearls but in reality it was a 15 day cruise with her mom. 😂

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I'm not sure becoming even bitchier is the way to go - she can barely hold onto men as she is. I agree that she should be less desperate though.

I suspect Elle doesn't treat the men she dates all that well - it was very obvious with Joe when she took over their entire apartment with her clutter, made him pay for a lot of expensive furniture that she clearly picked out (which Joe was forced to later sell at a massive discount when their relationship collapsed), gave him and his family really cheap gifts while she bought herself Chanel (remember when she stayed with his family and she got his mom a rodent and one of her Nouvelle scarfs?), and even complained about the little cooking that she did for him (she mentioned something about how she has so much more time for herself now that she didn't have to cook or take care of someone else after he dumped her). Talking in a little baby voice and the occasional "GUUD PASTA" doesn't make someone a "nice girl."

We've discussed the Vancouver thing before and some of us felt that she had exhausted her dating options there (we all know she gets around and dates actively even during a global pandemic!), given she goes for a certain type of young, white collar professional. And that she was probably ashamed to go back and face her old acquaintances and friends because she probably waxed lyrical about Rick and how she was going to be a married woman.
The only way she's going to get a sane man to stick around for marriage is if he loves her. Not really that revolutionary of an idea, as most people are out to marry someone they are in a loving relationship with.

Shes not unlovable. The guy is going to have to love her enough to forgive a lot, but that's true of a lot of successful marriages. Her best bet (because she's not likely to work on herself) is to find some guy with a gigantic heart who falls in love with the mission of saving the poor hurt little girl inside Elle. There are some people who really derive joy from that sort of thing.

Now what are the chances that the guy who falls in love with her and makes it his life mission to help her heal inside also is rich, has a braggable job, and will provide her with a ring worth of a 15 part video series? She's got her work cut out for her finding the guy with the big heart, never mind everything else.

• Haha
  • Heart

Katrina_AK_0099

Maybe I'm being cynical but I never got the impression that Elle cared much about love or even compatibility in her relationships. No one who truly loved someone else would date as aggressively as Elle does right after her many breakups and try to move in with the next man asap.
I don't know, I don't think #girlboss is so obsessed with being in a relationship that she doesn't consider love into the equation. I think her idea of love, however, is where it gets weird.

She strikes me as having very old-fashioned views on relationships. It's like she expects to find a husband, have some babies, make him a drink after work, and wear Mad Men dresses while gossiping with the other wives at the country club. Nothing in her relationship view is about love or affection or building a life together. Show me another 31 year old who thinks it's normal to have nothing in common with your partner, or who speaks in baby voice constantly?

Maybe she thinks love is providing for her, upgrading her life status, or buying her Chanel and Gucci. The fact that she puts up with all her boyfriend speaking down to her and rolling their eyes at her is so depressing. Shows low self-esteem to me, and I feel sad for her about that.

I also don't buy -- for a second -- her claim that because she had a single mother she doesn't have a blueprint for a healthy relationship. Child... you don't need a blueprint or an example. You need to read someone else's emotions and know some things are not acceptable.

LetThemEatLipstick

Ricks most recent insta photo is great. Poor Spanish grammar (Rick bueno/buena is after the word it is describing!! Mr know It all must have done Google translate. Y comida muy buena would be more correct). And it looks like he has that poor family held hostage.

He seem to use other people to show how interesting he is. But really he seems like a bore, you can be boring and still know interesting people. Maybe he's trying to make Elle jealous "look I've got an exotic Columbian family now"
How much you wanna bet he squints his beady little eyes, rolls his Rs, and wiggles his bushy eyebrows up and down trying to seem sexy while speaking Spanish? 🤢 I just vomited in my mouth.

• Sick
  • Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

That makes a lot of sense! She must've deleted or privatized multiple videos to achieve that big drop. No idea which ones they are though...
I think you’re right. It’s probably like the 6 remaining videos from VLOGMAS 2017 that she hadn’t deleted yet or something, judging from her viewership at that point being abt 30K/video. Anything less popular would just mean she deleted more than six videos to get to that -178K. Pathetic, thin-skinned “girlboss”.

She really wants to murder her channel. Pretty counterproductive, since her “jewelry business” depends on it so much.

ETA: I just off-hand cutesy asked my husband if he thinks I’m a girlboss (I’m a VP in a finance-industry firm, and make about double what he does as a software engineer annually) and he I KID YOU NOT just said “No, that’s insulting. You’re a BOSS. What the F is ‘girlboss’ supposed to mean??” like actually confused. Hahaha and Elle walks around calling herself a #girlboss when all she does is watch Netflix and jiggle her boobs rapidly to whichever man will dump her in 6 months. Actually...

• Sick

Annie_HTX

I'm a little uncomfortable with the focus on weight and measurements around here lately. Whether Elle has lied about it or not, we know it's commonplace for women (and men and everyone!) to struggle mentally and emotionally with body image. I don't know that Elle struggles in this way (I think she has explicitly stated that she does not) but putting so much focus on her stats can cause inadvertent harm to others.

And truthfully, it's the last thing I care about. She looks fine. I take greater issue with her daily hive scam or other "embellishments" than how she describes her figure.
Thank you for posting this. I was starting to get a bit uncomfortable with the dialogue the last couple pages as well.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
@thecatlass: Did she ever mention where the bracelet was from? We have a department store called the Bay that’s all over the country and they sell a lot of in-house, non branded precious jewellery, in addition to the expensive, branded things. I’ve seen lower quality diamonds go for $200-800 there.

@MissGlam21: One of my favorite moments is after they attended Joe’s company’s holiday party, and they were walking past a Gucci or something at 10pm. Smelley was vlogging and talking about how she wishes the store was open so she could go look at shoes. Joe was walking really fast and away from her, but you could hear him off camera and sarcastically go “yes because that’s what you need, more shoes” and the idiot just giggled. He was so fed up with her.

Last edited:
  • Haha

LegalEagle5

I haven't watched this robe video yet, but when I saw it, I thought, "Seriously?" This makes no sense given that a few weeks ago she was trying to convince people to dress up in dresses while working from home --now apparently, it's ok to go straight to a robe. Neither really seem appropriate.

Reactions: 13

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I love keeping up appearances!! Elle also reminds me of the show Red Dwarf, with all the smeg appliances. Elle's a smeg-head. You could also say she's a bit like Are You Being Served, in that show most of the characters try to show how middle class they are calling everyone Mr or Ms trying not to let people know they live in a semi detached house, trying to be proper and not common. I think that's Elle too, and it takes place in her favorite place, a department store.

Leanna34

it just baffles me how she can be in denial when it’s very clear in house counsel and being an investigator are two completely different titles. In house positions have titles such as (junior) legal counsel, senior legal counsel and general counsel. An investigator is not an in house role though it might have some legal components