Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nordstrom sale is like crack for shopaholics. Chase amie does like 4 hauls and 15 videos during the sale. I'm sure Elle will shop a few times as well.
Chase Amie is such a hustler...and I don’t mean that in a positive way lol (even though she admittedly has a better managed channel than Elle). She’s also the only non North American YouTuber I can think of that shops Nordstrom Anniversary sale given they don’t even have the stores there and she probably needs to pay customs. Pandering hard to her American subscribers I guess.

Reactions: 9
Chase Amie is such a hustler...and I don’t mean that in a positive way lol (even though she admittedly has a better managed channel than Elle). She’s also the only non North American YouTuber I can think of that shops Nordstrom Anniversary sale given they don’t even have the stores there and she probably needs to pay customs. Pandering hard to her American subscribers I guess.
Prob makes good money from those affiliate links, she always lists stuff in dollars too. Usually she's in the US during the sale time so she picks up stuff in store and online

Reactions: 8
Prob makes good money from those affiliate links, she always lists stuff in dollars too. Usually she's in the US during the sale time so she picks up stuff in store and online
That makes a lot of sense! I used to watch her back in the days (before she had any sponsored videos) and it’s interesting to see how much her channel has grown, and how she’s partnering with major guys like Farfetch and Selfridges on a pretty regular basis now! I find her style a bit too boring now (and she’s also a pack 🐀 who buys the same styles in a million different colors/patterns) but I respect what she’s been able to do with her channel. Definitely a shrewd business mind that Elle could learn something from because when I was watching Amie, she had less subscribers than Elle and now she has more than double despite starting YouTube much later.

Selfishness and lack of consideration like this are often not apparent until you move in with the person. I’m guessing she does many little things like this on top of her general annoyingness and it’s why her relationships have never lasted past the one year point after moving in. Both Dicky and Chris had the sense to cut it off in less than six months.
Imagine paying for almost all of the living expenses, gifting your girlfriend with jewelry, relinquishing most of the space in your own apartment which you pay for. Meanwhile your girlfriend buys your mom a rodent for Christmas, your birthday present at the outlet to save money, while shopping for luxury goods nonstop and not even bothering to wash her own hair or clean her freaking mirror (because, the maid). *Sorry for the run-on sentences I got excited and had a lot to say. LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Imagine paying for almost all of the living expenses, gifting your girlfriend with jewelry, relinquishing most of the space in your own apartment which you pay for. Meanwhile your girlfriend buys your mom a rodent for Christmas, your birthday present at the outlet to save money, while shopping for luxury goods nonstop and not even bothering to wash her own hair or clean her freaking mirror (because, the maid). *Sorry for the run-on sentences I got excited and had a lot to say. LOL
DEAD. 💀💀💀🐀🤣

I’m guessing Joe must’ve been a late bloomer or was an awkward guy who wasn’t popular with the ladies until he became a lawyer, because I don’t understand how he could’ve put up with everything you mentioned for an entire.friking.year. I guess the other plausible explanation is that he just worked too much and was never home, and hence took much longer to recognize this crappy behavior.

Reactions: 7
DEAD. 💀💀💀🐀🤣

I’m guessing Joe must’ve been a late bloomer or was an awkward guy who wasn’t popular with the ladies until he became a lawyer, because I don’t understand how he could’ve put up with everything you mentioned for an entire.friking.year. I guess the other plausible explanation is that he just worked too much and was never home, and hence took much longer to recognize this crappy behavior.
Some people had mentioned he just came out of a relationship when they started dating, so he was probably rebounding hard.

From what I've seen in her videos, he seemed really patient with her for the most part. I guess he tried to make it work but in the end he could not stand to even be with her anymore. In that last video you could almost see the wheels turning in his head as she told him their anniversary was coming up. LOL. His expression was priceless.

Reactions: 11
Some people had mentioned he just came out of a relationship when they started dating, so he was probably rebounding hard.

From what I've seen in her videos, he seemed really patient with her for the most part. I guess he tried to make it work but in the end he could not stand to even be with her anymore. In that last video you could almost see the wheels turning in his head as she told him their anniversary was coming up. LOL. His expression was priceless.
Smelley seems to bring out the worst in all the men she dates. 😂 We don’t know much about SS or Dean but out of the three failed relationships we do know, they all seemed to have left her in a lurch. Makes me super curious about just what she did to all of them to make them act so cruelly...because she seems to be the common denominator here.

Smelley seems to bring out the worst in all the men she dates. 😂 We don’t know much about SS or Dean but out of the three failed relationships we do know, they all seemed to have left her in a lurch. Makes me super curious about just what she did to all of them to make them act so cruelly...because she seems to be the common denominator here.
Oh she's definitely the common denominator!
My guess, based on different things over the years, is that she's a bit "more so" off camera- more mean, more out of it, more socially inept, etc. It has to take its toll...

Chase Amie is a shopaholic with a lot of issues. But she seems easier to live with than Elle.

When I started watching youtube gurus, I believed Chase Amie and Elle were people to aspire to. But all of them (Shea Whitney too) have lost their day jobs and are working from home. LMAO. The opposite of Girlbosses. I still like Ginette though (she's low key and careful with money).

Last edited:
Chase Amie is a shopaholic with a lot of issues. But she seems easier to live with than Elle.

When I started watching youtube gurus, I believed Chase Amie and Elle were people to aspire to. But all of them (Shea Whitney too) have lost their day jobs and are working from home. LMAO. The opposite of Girlbosses. I still like Ginette though (she's low key and careful with money).
Oooh, curious about your thoughts on Chase Amie's issues – I've only recently started watching some of her videos and still not sure about her.

Reactions: 3
Oooh, curious about your thoughts on Chase Amie's issues – I've only recently started watching some of her videos and still not sure about her.
Chase Amie reminds me a lot of Elle. But Chase Amie suffers from some perfectionistic personality disorder rather than Narcissism like Elle.

Chase Amie is very intellectually smart (like Elle) and got very high grades (honours) at London School of Economics. So they both have book smarts. Both are decently good looking and both are shopaholics.

Chase Amie makes big luxury purchases, is always shopping, and travels first class, etc. But if you dig deeper, her life unravels. Chase Amie lives in a small London apartment that she rents. She downgraded her digs. She and Dan owns a small $hitty car. She lost her day job at PR firm and works on her company she started with her husband. This company runs a App that allows gym teachers to sign in at various gyms - I'm assuming with Covid-19 the company isn't doing well. She is like Elle who never really lived up to her potential.

If Chase Amie was so successful, why is she in a rented 2-bedroom flat in by her own admission, not the nicest part of London? Why is her kitchen so small? Surely if she spent all that money on handbags on a downpayment, she'd be better off.

Also Chase Amie dresses to the nines in luxury brands to go to a burger joint (this was in her Christmas blog). A burger joint. I'm sure everyone else was there in jeans and sneakers.

Last edited:
I thought Chase Amie owned her flat 🤔 I remember she talked in one video about it not being in the coolest neighbourhood but thanks to that it cost less. Or maybe I got it wrong, I haven't seen her video in years.

I am convinced that with youtubers such as chase amie or Smelle, a lot of credit card debt is involved ;) They're not as wealthy as they want the viewer to believe, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
When did Chase Amie lose her job? Was this in one of her videos? I haven’t watched for ages because everything she buys looks the same

Chase Amie reminds me a lot of Elle. But Chase Amie suffers from some perfectionistic personality disorder rather than Narcissism like Elle.

Chase Amie is very intellectually smart (like Elle) and got very high grades (honours) at London School of Economics. So they both have book smarts. Both are decently good looking and both are shopaholics.

Chase Amie makes big luxury purchases, is always shopping, and travels first class, etc. But if you dig deeper, her life unravels. Chase Amie lives in a small London apartment that she rents. She downgraded her digs. She and Dan owns a small $hitty car. She lost her day job at PR firm and works on her company she started with her husband. This company runs a App that allows gym teachers to sign in at various gyms - I'm assuming with Covid-19 the company isn't doing well. She is like Elle who never really lived up to her potential.

If Chase Amie was so successful, why is she in a rented 2-bedroom flat in by her own admission, not the nicest part of London? Why is her kitchen so small? Surely if she spent all that money on handbags on a downpayment, she'd be better off.

Also Chase Amie dresses to the nines in luxury brands to go to a burger joint (this was in her Christmas blog). A burger joint. I'm sure everyone else was there in jeans and sneakers.
You have some valid points. I've lived in London for a handful of years and let me tell you, home ownership is not something every the upper middle class can afford. Their property prices are through the roof, even higher than Toronto/Vancouver.

Interesting! I didn't know a lot of this as I haven't watched that many of her videos and I don't know anything about her life. I like her general style, although I did notice that it's all a bit same-y. That's not a huge issue for now, but it would probably start to bore me after awhile.

Reactions: 5
Chase Amie is awful and clearly caters to the North American audience. No one knew her British accent was affected for a long time until a couple UK subscribers pointed it out. I didn’t even know because I’m American and in general we have a difficult time differentiating between British accents.

I used to really like her until I realized how much of a phony she was, her obsession with appearing upper class, and all her dumb get rich quick schemes. It is clear that she is very insecure about how she appears to her audience, despite going to a great school and coming from basically nothing, which she is desperate to hide. 🙄 I admire her ability to work hard and build up her channel to what it is, but she’s definitely a disappointment in my eyes. I guess she isn’t such a nasty witch to her subscribers unlike poor Eleanor here. 😂🤣

I remember Elle's video showing off her chevron Chanel flap, ugly Gucci shoes and diamond earrings. She said that because her businesses had done well, she was able to treat herself. This was during the time she was living with Joe. It says so much about her level of selfishness that instead of using that money for something like a trip together, she decided to spend probably $6,000+ on herself. If she had been less ME ME ME and thought a little bit more about Joe and being generous with him, she might not be alone right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Girl is all about TREATING HERSELF. I swear she probably gets herself a celebratory gift every morning after she takes a $hit 🤦‍♂️ Before she lived with Joe, she treated herself to a pair of diamond studs (btw, she massively overpaid for them) as a treat to herself for launching her JeWeLLeRy LiNe. With any serious business, the first several years are usually about making loss and not having much cash for splurging on the boss' whims as the money made is being invested into the venture. She probably had sold none of her shoddy creations at the point of getting those studs 😂

I'm telling you, she'd drive Amazon on the brink of bankruptcy if she ever was the boss there.

Honestly, if it wasn't for her gullible subscribers who can't tell her entire YT persona is fake because they think all they see on the Internet is real, she'd be broke a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Girl is all about TREATING HERSELF. I swear she probably gets herself a celebratory gift every morning after she takes a $hit 🤦‍♂️ Before she lived with Joe, she treated herself to a pair of diamond studs (btw, she massively overpaid for them) as a treat to herself for launching her JeWeLLeRy LiNe. With any serious business, the first several years are usually about making loss and not having much cash for splurging on the boss' whims as the money made is being invested into the venture. She probably had sold none of her shoddy creations at the point of getting those studs 😂

I'm telling you, she'd drive Amazon on the brink of bankruptcy if she ever was the boss there.

Honestly, if it wasn't for her gullible subscribers who can't tell her entire YT persona is fake because they think all they see on the Internet is real, she'd be broke a long time ago.
I’ve never understood why people “treat themselves”. For me, when I make extra money, I invest it in an index fund — I don’t go around looking for things to ”treat” myself to. Once you “treat” yourself once, you’ll keep on doing it and next thing you know, you’ve just acquired a whole bunch of material crap. I do have diamond earrings, but they were not a “treat”. They were something I thought long and hard about buying and wear every day and hence I knew they would be worth it.

Chase Amie is awful and clearly caters to the North American audience. No one knew her British accent was affected for a long time until a couple UK subscribers pointed it out. I didn’t even know because I’m American and in general we have a difficult time differentiating between British accents.

I used to really like her until I realized how much of a phony she was, her obsession with appearing upper class, and all her dumb get rich quick schemes. It is clear that she is very insecure about how she appears to her audience, despite going to a great school and coming from basically nothing, which she is desperate to hide. 🙄 I admire her ability to work hard and build up her channel to what it is, but she’s definitely a disappointment in my eyes. I guess she isn’t such a nasty witch to her subscribers unlike poor Eleanor here. 😂🤣
I’m curious: how do people know her accent is affected? Is it that she doesn’t do it correctly or that they know something about her background?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’ve never understood why people “treat themselves”. For me, when I make extra money, I invest it in an index fund — I don’t go around looking for things to ”treat” myself to. Once you “treat” yourself once, you’ll keep on doing it and next thing you know, you’ve just acquired a whole bunch of material crap. I do have diamond earrings, but they were not a “treat”. They were something I thought long and hard about buying and wear every day and hence I knew they would be worth it.

I’m curious: how do people know her accent is affected? Is it that she doesn’t do it correctly or that they know something about her background?
I have no idea, I just went by what UK natives/Londoners have said about her on GG. I remember a couple people commenting that she talks weird and no one in London sounds like her. Apparently she is trying to emulate a posh accent to hide her working class background. While I find it sad, I also find it kinda gross and really disappointing. I just became disillusioned with her after that, although I was already done with her constantly flipping bags which undermined her previous raves and reviews.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.