Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Smelle tends to exaggerate all negative things that happened to her. A perfect example is the story of how she cut her hand at university. She turned it to an international tragedy and life threatening experience warranting a thirty minute rant during vlogmas. Given what a nasty liar and scammer she is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if kids disliked her because she was a holier than thou little b*tch. You know, the kind of teacher's pet, a person that will never fail to remind the teacher that homework was due this week. She probably wouldn't shut up about being EXOTIC and others had enough of her. At 13 years old would you want to be friends with a girl that lives in a house that even your grandma would dread and whose hobby is polishing Tiffany jewellery, naming Christmas trees and applying glittery makeup? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Anyone familiar with how social blade works here? What's with the negative video views?

1597006440472.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm not totally certain on this, but I think this may happen if a video gets deleted (although I can't explain that number since Elle's videos don't get anything like that number of views).
That makes a lot of sense! She must've deleted or privatized multiple videos to achieve that big drop. No idea which ones they are though...

Reactions: 7
See, I’d feel sorry for her, too, as I was made fun of and had occasional bullying incidences/experienced casual racism growing up. But I didn’t grow up to be a scammer and a liar. So I don’t feel bad for whatever psychological grudges she holds against her classmates. 🤷‍♀️

I’m sure Elle has a fragile ego but it doesn’t justify her condescension, snobbery, and blatant lying. Wouldn’t you use your experiences of being bullied and discriminated against to be a more empathetic, HONEST person? Hold all the grudges you want with your former classmates; I’m not one to judge that as there are people in my life I’ve been slow to forgive myself. But don’t be a scamming, condescending cheat to people who’ve done nothing to you. 🙄
Boy, this thread moves fast!

I'm sorry that you experienced racism and bullying. And I'm with you on the main point-there is no good reason that Elle should have scammed people or lied. If she went through something abusive or traumatic, I wish her a good recovery. Personally, I'd find a good therapist, a close friend, and take a lot of quiet time when I'm not at work. The lockdown is great for that! But no-way, no-how is she cleared on the other stuff!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that...bullying is generally terrible and racism even more so. I do think she needs psychological help for holding those intense grudges against people who frankly, probably don't even remember her at this point. People also change a lot in their teens and 20s and I don't think what someone did at 15 is always reflective of who they are at 30+.

I agree with you that she should've become a good person who is completely against bullying, but I think what actually happened is that she developed a victim complex and snobby persona, which is her way of defending herself. I also get the impression that Elle feels like she is better than/above most people, and that adds to her selfish, condescending behavior.

This might be a controversial point but I think it's somewhat healthy to experience both sides of bullying as a child and teen as long as you manage the experience properly and learn from it. In real life, no one is liked by everyone and no matter who you are, you will meet people that dislike you and treat you poorly as a result of it. Learning how to deal with all that is simply a part of being a healthy, functioning, adult.
Also agreed.

Reactions: 6
That makes a lot of sense! She must've deleted or privatized multiple videos to achieve that big drop. No idea which ones they are though...
I think you’re right. It’s probably like the 6 remaining videos from VLOGMAS 2017 that she hadn’t deleted yet or something, judging from her viewership at that point being abt 30K/video. Anything less popular would just mean she deleted more than six videos to get to that -178K. Pathetic, thin-skinned “girlboss”.

She really wants to murder her channel. Pretty counterproductive, since her “jewelry business” depends on it so much.

ETA: I just off-hand cutesy asked my husband if he thinks I’m a girlboss (I’m a VP in a finance-industry firm, and make about double what he does as a software engineer annually) and he I KID YOU NOT just said “No, that’s insulting. You’re a BOSS. What the F is ‘girlboss’ supposed to mean??” like actually confused. Hahaha and Elle walks around calling herself a #girlboss when all she does is watch Netflix and jiggle her boobs rapidly to whichever man will dump her in 6 months. Actually...

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Yeah, the term itself is insulting. She's unemployed now, but even when she had a job, who was she the boss of? Her mom maybe.

I'm around her age, I have college friends who majored in business, and many of them are now like LetThemEatLipstick, VPs at banks/financial firms or senior managers at Fortune 500 companies. None of them refer to themselves as "girlboss." Yet Elle walks around calling herself a #girlboss when she's actually an underachiever compared to many people her age who are a decade into their careers. It's like she thinks that having a law license makes her special. Yes, it's true that law is a prestigious profession, but she has never practiced law so that ends that discussion. And even if she did, even if she were in Joe's position (I think he's an associate at a biglaw firm), I don't think that a VP or senior manager is less impressive than where Joe is at.

Reactions: 9
'Girlbosses' are tweens who sell their old clothes on Depop. I cannot imagine any self-respecting, educated, professional adult woman referring to herself as a girlboss – it's just embarrassing. But then everything about Elle is cringe-worthy...and frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. :ROFLMAO:
Ah, I hadn't thought that she might be deleting multiple videos, but of course that'll be why. Maybe she's trying to re-write history to suit her new Seattle girlboss narrative. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Why does she feel need to make stupid unnecessary comments that only make her seen even more annoying and pretentious? Like in this video, she says she feels there isn't a universal standard for masks... duh? Thank you so much for the astute observation :rolleyes:Or in the apartment tour when she said the blue hydrangeas on her table were very Blair Waldorf/Gossip Girl... like wtf? She can never just mention an item – there always has to be a story, reference to something else, proof of her exotic European heritage. Also the way she talks is so odd and not just her upspeak and weird pronunciations. She randomly emphasizes random words in the middle of her sentence or her voice will randomly go high
Also wasn't it peonies that Blair Waldorf loved? Not hydrangeas....

• Haha
Ooof. Between the eye lines that makeup can no longer hide and the granny glasses chain, she looks solidly middle aged in her latest vid.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just looked it up - you're right!

Smelley either got it wrong or what's more likely, is that hydrangeas were her favorite and she somehow attributed them to Blair because she think she's a real-life "Blair" and "American princess." :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Smelle, since you're an avid reader of Tattle, here's my suggestion for your 100th launch in 2020:

slodka-bielizna.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lol in the second episode of the first season there was a scene where Jenny walks through Blair’s foyer and comments “Nice flowers” about a vase of them on the table, and Blair replies “They’re hydrangeas” as she walks up the stairs. Not that I’ve seen the entire series 10+ times or anything...

• Haha
What is Elle saying in the instastory.....I have no sound on it? Is she compensating for the mask by exaggerating blinking her eyes?

• Haha
That she
What is Elle saying in the instastory.....I have no sound on it? Is she compensating for the mask by exaggerating blinking her eyes?
She out in Nordstrom in their shoe section and to look out for her 2 latest videos. She's SOOO excited to smugly "share" them with us.
I half get it, but why do Youtubers use that word anyways? They're the ones getting monetary benefit out of it, not us. When it's someone pretentious like Smelle it just comes off as hslf-assed, goofy two-shoes, and insincere.

That she

She out in Nordstrom in their shoe section and to look out for her 2 latest videos. She's SOOO excited to smugly "share" them with us.
I half get it, but why do Youtubers use that word anyways? They're the ones getting monetary benefit out of it, not us. When it's someone pretentious like Smelle it just comes off as hslf-assed, goofy two-shoes, and insincere.
Excuse my typos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
She has a new video up and I know we said we'd stop talking about her size, but I only managed to get through 5 minutes of it and she's already mentioned within that time period that "I always get an extra small in this, as well as in most things, that is just kinda my size" and then mumble mumble. She knows that most of us have a working memory and can remember how "extra small" she's said she is...right? What's with the constant reminders on literally every single video recently? Oh Smelley, never change. :sneaky::LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Just watched her video and she bought 14 clothing items and 4 other items. I so badly want to ask her what happened to her capsule wardrobe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.