Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredstrom

VIP Member
On a side note, I just started studying for the LSAT. :LOL:
Oh are you? Care for a practice test question?

Chris, Joe, Special Someone, Rick, and Mr Next are all going to Elle's Bistro for brunch. Please list their seating arrangements in counterclockwise order starting from the head of the mid-century modern table with the following conditions observed:

Rick cannot be seated next to Joe because Elle is still wearing the tennis bracelet
Chris cannot be seated next to Rick because Rick will start talking in Chris' accent
Special Someone cannot be seated at the head of the table because the country music will not be audible in that position
Mr Next must be next to Joe so that he can gain sympathy for Elle
Net worth of guests must not increase or decrease in a linear fashion following a clockwise order

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

boredstrom

VIP Member
Through all this I think it's important to remember that Elle's issues are not uncommon and like every single one of us, she is a flawed, imperfect being and that's completely fine.

The thing is, none of us run a youtube channel where we show off a luxurious and exciting lifestyle (well, at least she did) and imply that we have what we have because we work hard, work smart, and have life figured out. The basic premise of her channel has always been that she has unlocked all of life's secrets and she's going to show you how she does it. The endless Nordstrom trips, chic apartments, blowouts, fancy dinners, and wall of bags were rewards for being in charge of life in the early 21st century.

But as we all know, when she's at her best, the showing off is front and center on her channel and it gets tiring. When she shares her secret to her good life, her tips aren't very good. And when you look closer, it all falls apart.

She didn't work hard. She left the house after 8 and was in her trophy wife fitness class by 4:45. She grocery shopped and binged at Nordstrom in the midday. She probably didn't work smart. After her Florida debacle her old employer didn't want her back, if its true she applied there.

If from the very beginning her channel's theme was 'I was born into money, and I am going to review the expensive things I buy and do so that you can decide if you want to spend your money on those things too' she would have attracted a degree of spoiled rich girl hate, but in the end a lot of people would be impressed she's honest and when it comes down to it, if they were born into her money they'd probably spend it the same way she does. There certainly wouldn't be thread after thread about what a mess she is.

So all we're left with is a spoiled girl who never grew up and her enabling mother, and the entertainment lies in how colossally she will ruin her life next, which the mean part of me adores. Yet, I would 100% unironically watch Elle if she retooled the channel, got honest, got help, and made the channel about the challenges of facing such deep-seated problems, and when she brags about her life, she brags about how she got better to make it better. I'd start a rave thread and never post in this one again.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

thecatlass

VIP Member
The thing is, the very basis of her channel was displaying her private life. It's not like she attracted people to her channel by showing professional makeup tutorials, sewing techniques, comprehensive restaurant reviews. She was attractive the way reality tv is attractive i.e. viewers get to see stranger's private life. She has no hard skills that would make her channel thematic. If she is serious about being private then she has to accept her viewer engagement will keep declining because there is nothing remotely fresh or entertaining in her content. If she's lying and will drop the privacy chat once things improve in her life then she is... herself. A lying hypocrite that she's always been.

Reactions: 26
Ladies, you just don’t understand.
Her life is what they write Hallmark movies about.
She wears the bracelet because one day when the borders open Joe or Chris ( doesn’t matter to her which one) will knock on her door and say I miss you come back to my life. She will hold up the bracelet she is wearing on her wrist and say it’s always been you. I admit a little awkward with Chris but what ever girls gotta marry someone.
She will move home to her new apartment they pay for and hang her Joes era apartment picture on the wall and wax lyrical about how they serendipitously made it here.
So see ladies no job, hanging onto gifts from ex’s and acquiring more things is just smart. She will be ready when Joe, Chris or even Rick has realized what they have done.

• Haha
  • Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Yeah, extremely annoying...how deluded does he have to be to think that that video content (calling grape juice companies to ask whether their ascorbic acid is organic) would be remotely relevant to anyone in these times? He's only semi-employed and is acting like some sort of expert...like, worry about yourself man.

Rick really makes me angry. He's got no background in science and he's a lawyer that failed the Ohio bar 3 times and had to go to FL to even pass. Why does he think he's an expert on health, medication, and food safety?

Complaining about dumb minor issues with his magazine and the restaurant he likes, like clearly they didn't word their stuff well but does it warrant a video? He's clearly losing it he's just bitching about every thing he can find a reason to be angry about.

GMOs aren't bad, and even if they were, extracting the vitamin c from gmo corn won't do anything bad to you, your body recognizes it as the same thing the structure is the same doesn't matter what plant it comes from. He's such an idiot. So even if gmo corn magically created some sort of cytotoxic or mutagenic compound the vitamin c would still be extracted and purified first so none of that other stuff would be in there. If it is treated like a drug product (which it should be as an active ingredient) none of the "evil corn" should be in there. Does he ever take Tylenol or Advil for pain? Those are synthesized in the lab too, so they aren't "naturally occurring" unless he's drinking willow bark tinctures for pain I highly doubt the other stuff he takes is as pure as he says. And the companies aren't deceiving him because I'm pretty sure drug products or active ingredients don't need to pass any sort of organic test to be used in "organic" products.

Also he told the one rep that he is sensitive to genetically modified corn? Like does he not realize we've been selectively breeding plants and animals since the start of agriculture and like animal husbandry? Odds are unless he's eating heirloom corn (and even that was prob selectively bred) the organic corn he eats is just the same corn grown without pesticides. Organic doesn't mean anything. Yeah companies like Monsanto DO bad things but it isn't because they genetically modify, it is everything else they do to squeeze money out of poor farmers etc.

Does he have nothing better to do than call and bother these customer service people who are already yelled at all day and treated like shit?

Really makes me question if Elle was just good at studying at school and not actually smart bc most people I know would not put up with a guy talking about pseudoscience , like I wouldn't be surprised if he's a anti vaxxer.

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
She has no friends indeed. Remember how she always used to film Christmas gifts she got for her co-workers, Joe, The Dolls™? But she never filmed wrapping any gifts for a friend, not even in Joe days which were the pinnacle of showing off and filming every minute detail of her life.

Now imagine you're her friend (you'd clearly need to be very open minded to spend time with someone so shallow and vapid). It's getting to Christmas time. She turns up to your coffee meeting wearing Jimmy Choo boots, Burberry coat, Chanel bag in hand. Hair freshly blowdried at a Dry Bar. You exchange Christmas gifts. You tried to get her something thoughtful, maybe a great coffee table book on precious stones and spectacular jewellery because you know she's into jewellery, or a pretty porcelain tea pot. You open the gift from Smelle and find Sephora moisturiser samples, a mini version of a lipgloss in an unflattering shade, and a pair of wonky earrings that look like a child made them. You are confused because her outfit of the day is worth $4k but the gift she gave you cost her $10. After the meeting you realize she's a nasty cheapskate and you feel like a fool for spending more than 10 minutes picking the present for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

MissGlam21

Still waiting for Elle to post a #girlboss finance-related or business-related video. Would be nice to see how hard she works logging into Ginette’s banking app, transferring funds into her own account, and calling that “saving up”.

Likewise, every jewellery and scarf designer should post more behind-the-scenes content to increase brand exposure. It must be so tedious (but necessary) to pick out shades and textures from a drop-down menu and then have your CC details auto fill at the checkout page.

It must almost be quite taxing to string pearls while you watch Hallmark movies, as you pick the cat hair out of your mouth and touch the same string of pearls afterwards.

You also have to be meticulous when applying glue to the pearls, wouldn’t want the glue blobs to show up in product photos because not only does that scream low quality, but it is not a testament to the hard work that goes into creating these heirloom pieces.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

boredstrom

VIP Member
She should sell that hideous multicolored Chanel Boy for a nice tennis bracelet if she’s so desperate to expand her fine jewelry collection. Pretty sad to wear chintzy costume jewelry your ex gave you while your handbags cost more. 🙄
Nah she's still hoping if she sleeps with it under her pillow it will turn into a real boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

thecatlass

VIP Member
Why did Elle buy a briefcase? Thought she's not working.
Excuse me? She is working VERY HARD. Stringing pearls from 1 pm until 4 pm, while watching netflix and munching on cheese with cheese, is the hardest endeavour one could think of. She needs the briefcase to carry her laptop from the bedroom to the living room.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

BoredlySnooping

Few thoughts from a practicing lawyer (in Canada)

I don’t think Elle is an actual employee. This appears to be some sort of fee-split arrangement where she either has to bring in her own clients and give the firm a cut or she pays to use their space/logo/admin. Either way, I can’t see her making much money and she likely is using this to pad her resume so that she can bridge to better employment (as others have mentioned).

Having an assistant is really not a big deal. When you work at a large firm they give you an assistant even as a summer student. Of course she couldn’t help but throw that in the video LOL!

Lastly, what was really telling was her lack of actual legal experience. Everyone else’s profile read as an experienced lawyer’s profile should: highlighting relevant trial and/or transaction experience. She dressed up her regulator experience as much as she could then prattled on and on about irrelevant internships and her articling/trainee experience. Does evoke much confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Lovely

Chatty Member
This place is perfect for Elle – I looked at the website for about ten seconds and all I saw was nonsense word salad. She'll fit right in. She won't have any clients or make money, but she'll feel like a total girlboss.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

bethannebodyworks

The fact of the matter is:

If she had a job and a relationship she would say so. A simple "I am currently employed and do have a partner, but I want to keep the specifics private now" would do.

It takes literally no effort to say that and it gives absolutely nothing of her privacy away. She's unemployed and single. She just loves to twist the narrative.

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
Matryoshka is a Russian word for the matriarch doll. I'm glad Smelle is channeling her Russian heritage, I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon! 'I like fur coats, my ancestors in Siberia wore them a lot'

• Haha
  • Heart

120clemon

It is so impressive that such a small time youtuber is able to annoy so many of us. She really draws out a complex range of responses from me--sometimes pity, shock of how unaware she is, rage at the greed, bewilderment (like I still don't understand that Rick subplot wasn't a fever dream). She is truly a modern Hyacinth Bucket (I think someone pointed this out way back on the early threads).

• Haha

actuallawyer

She’s a LIFESTYLE VLOGGER.

She can “beauty guru” until she’s blue in the face, but people aren’t going to Elle Florence’s channel for their beauty lessons, they’re going to the main circle of the beauty community, which Elle is not. I’m talking Tati (controversy aside, SHE was a beauty guru).

As y’all pointed out, Elle’s claim to fifteen minutes is her lifestyle. It’s why her Vlogmas does (did) so well. People like to see how others they aspire to be live so they can see what goes into the life and what they can do to level up themselves. As you said, that image she portrayed is a lie, and that’s why she has nothing to show right now. But to hide behind a newfound veil of privacy when you literally put everything out there (YOU WANTED PEOPLE TO TALK AND SEE) is a fucking joke. Fuck you, Elle.

Sorry, ladies. Triggered.

• Heart

Keikochan

VIP Member
She has no friends indeed. Remember how she always used to film Christmas gifts she got for her co-workers, Joe, The Dolls™? But she never filmed wrapping any gifts for a friend, not even in Joe days which were the pinnacle of showing off and filming every minute detail of her life.

Now imagine you're her friend (you'd clearly need to be very open minded to spend time with someone so shallow and vapid). It's getting to Christmas time. She turns up to your coffee meeting wearing Jimmy Choo boots, Burberry coat, Chanel bag in hand. Hair freshly blowdried at a Dry Bar. You exchange Christmas gifts. You tried to get her something thoughtful, maybe a great coffee table book on precious stones and spectacular jewellery because you know she's into jewellery, or a pretty porcelain tea pot. You open the gift from Smelle and find Sephora moisturiser samples, a mini version of a lipgloss in an unflattering shade, and a pair of wonky earrings that look like a child made them. You are confused because her outfit of the day is worth $4k but the gift she gave you cost her $10. After the meeting you realize she's a nasty cheapskate and you feel like a fool for spending more than 10 minutes picking the present for her.

Don't forget if you are 1 of her best friends you also get a Christmas rat 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 20