Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's finally not white people's fault! Rofl.

Just a moment of levity...

I thought that was so gross. Black people are allowed to vote for whoever they want to! This kind of milquetoast politicking is disgusting to me. You need to work for every vote because it is not a foregone conclusion that just because someone has melanin they'll automatically like Biden because of his Obama connection (or even that they'll like Obama but that's neither here nor there). It's so icky.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS STATEMENT. THANK YOU. 👏 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I checked out the places Elle eats in Hawaii and some restaurants she eats at are really fancy. She and Ginette ate the Chef's tasting menu at some of the better restaurants in Honolulu. Of course she and Ginette doesn't eat there often but she does. I'm not sure anyone can go do the tasting menus more than once a month because the food is a lot.

I don't understand why Elle doesn't go by herself to boozy brunches or fancy teas. There is no shame hanging out by yourself. I prefer the flexibility of going whenever and wherever I want personally. And Vancouver club often has parties where all members can attend.
One things I never understood is why hasn’t Elle ever taken a girlfriend to Hawaii with her? She goes every year you would think just once she would like to bring a girlfriend along. I understand it’s her moms place and all but she has had boyfriends there why not a girlfriend during these single times. Even when not single it’s nice to get away with the girls. She only goes on trips with significant others. I think it’s telling that either A) Elle has no real close girlfriends to invite and/or B) Elle expects her Mom or boyfriends to foot the bill on vacation. I just think of my own experience and I have boyfriend but also go on girls trip with my girlfriends sometimes too. My family also has a couple vacation properties that I always invite friends to.

Reactions: 14
One things I never understood is why hasn’t Elle ever taken a girlfriend to Hawaii with her? She goes every year you would think just once she would like to bring a girlfriend along. I understand it’s her moms place and all but she has had boyfriends there why not a girlfriend during these single times. Even when not single it’s nice to get away with the girls. She only goes on trips with significant others. I think it’s telling that either A) Elle has no real close girlfriends to invite and/or B) Elle expects her Mom or boyfriends to foot the bill on vacation. I just think of my own experience and I have boyfriend but also go on girls trip with my girlfriends sometimes too. My family also has a couple vacation properties that I always invite friends to.
I don't recall Elle having any close girlfriends, or any real friends to be honest. The "Dolls" seem to get together once in a blue moon to pose on a boat or the Vancouver Club, but I don't think they actually hang out with Smelle regularly. I haven't really seen her with any other friends.

They probably tolerate her because two of them are wannabe influencers/bloggers (the blonde one has had 4 or 5 failed blogs/influencer pages by now) and Elle has a youtube following. Her "engagement party" was literally held on the patio of one of their houses (and only the Dolls were there) and they had some sandwiches and wedding themed napkins and that was about it. Clearly a sign of minimum effort.

Reactions: 15
Exactly! The same applies to going out to nice restaurants, bars, concerts, plays etc Either she has no friends or she really doesn’t want to pay half the bill or for her own ticket.

My guess is a mixture of both. She doesn’t have close friends & any money she spends on a trip or meal with a friend is money she can hoard for the next discount designer purchase.

She can only appear well-off if she congregates all her money on herself. If she spreads her disposable income out on various outings and travel on her own dime, or even inviting friends to Hawaii (Ginette is not going to cover expenses for both her & Friend), she’s going to have to cut back in other areas of her life.

For instance, in Florida, I believe she actually had to foot the bill for many things. She also incurred moving costs and lost her day job so her lifestyle and shopping completely did a 180 & she even ventured into off-brand sponsored videos.

I also remember that Joe seemed really annoyed in the later half of her Hawaii trip. I wonder if it’s because of the Ginette co-dependent/ bill-footer dynamic

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She doesn’t go by herself cos she has to pay.

Professional women at her age can afford to eat at nice restaurants and go out.

The fact that Elle only ever goes on Ginette’s dime or a boyfriend says a lot about her disposable income and priorities. She enjoys good food and travel, why not use her own money? Because she’ll have to cut down on other purchases & she’d rather have a new YSL purse. She’s not wealthy enough to have it all.

Elle is a user and grifter. She’ll maximize everyone’s wallet so she can keep whatever she earns for herself to splurge on goods that can she can brag about or affiliate link

If she were an actual trust fund baby, had wealthy parents/ spouse etc she would splurge on it all. Have a nice apartment, fashionable clothing, in season designer goods, an actual heirloom jewelry collection, nice meals on the regular instead of bringing soup to work, international vacations, the works.

ginette is generous but not loaded, she used to have a decent salaried job and a lot of spare cash from her scams especially in peak YouTube days. Nowadays, with the lack of a regular pay check, fluctuating scam money and no boyfriend to foot the rent, she finds David’s tea and Dry bar expensive & can only afford the ugliest of designer bags 🤷‍♀️
The problem with Elle is that I don't think she can ever be too rich at the rate she wants to spend her money. You can spend $20-30 million easily that way. I mean some NBA players etc... blow through hundreds of millions (literally) and live old age in poverty. You need to know how to manage money no matter what income you have. Knowing how to live well on the income you have is an art.

With some help from Ginette, Elle with a regular 9-5 job that pays $60,000 a year can live well, supplemented with her pearl and scarf business on the side. She already has enough designer bags and clothes and MU to last years. She doesn't need anymore. Elle can live very comfortably on the money she has (actually had I should say). Costco has really high quality ingredient foods, provided you cook for yourself. She can eat out at a really fancy place once or twice a week, travel once or twice a year.

I bet if I had her privileges and money, I could live way better than her. If she thinks any sane guy would want to marry her at the rate she spends on her money, plus her unkemptness in general, she must be day dreaming.

Reactions: 6
She dresses up for her cubicle job and pretends her yearly work trip is something fancy whenever it’s just training seminars...
Her work trip vlogs were always so extra. She acted like eating an entire pizza and a bowl of pasta in her mid-tier hotel room while watching Netflix was the epitome of luxury.

I actually don't understand how she thinks bringing her boyfriends to Hawaii is appropriate. There's nothing relaxing about staying with your girlfriend's mother! The fact that Ginette is single adds an extra dimension -- it would be weird to just exclude her from activities, but equally weird to have her tagging along. Rick getting them a hotel room on another island was quite smart, in my opinion.

I always got the sense Joe was irritated by Ginette staying with them and when they stayed with her. I also think his idea that they stay with his parents over Thanksgiving was odd - get a hotel so you can have some space and Elle doesn't have to do her makeup at the kitchen counter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I get that we’re all educated women/men here who have a lot more to bring to the table for political discourse than Elle does, but did we need to turn the one escape from reality (this forum and all things Elle Florence) many of us had into another election coverage forum? Yes, it’s important, but there are infinity other platforms for that, this was the one humorous, light-hearted outlet I had, and now it has also pivoted toward the election (again, insurmountably important, but very heavy and not suitable for this venue).

I miss the Elle tea 🙁.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I get that we’re all educated women/men here who have a lot more to bring to the table for political discourse than Elle does, but did we need to turn the one escape from reality (this forum and all things Elle Florence) many of us had into another election coverage forum? Yes, it’s important, but there are infinity other platforms for that, this was the one humorous, light-hearted outlet I had, and now it has also pivoted toward the election (again, insurmountably important, but very heavy and not suitable for this venue).

I miss the Elle tea 🙁.
I opened the conversation because I enjoy speaking with y’all and getting to know your opinions, but I was very clear that because this IS about Elle, no one was to feel compelled to respond in any way. We discussed the issues in a fairly light way for about 20 minutes, and the conversation has been about Elle ever since then.

Reactions: 7
But she doesn't have any friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She has no friends indeed. Remember how she always used to film Christmas gifts she got for her co-workers, Joe, The Dolls™? But she never filmed wrapping any gifts for a friend, not even in Joe days which were the pinnacle of showing off and filming every minute detail of her life.

Now imagine you're her friend (you'd clearly need to be very open minded to spend time with someone so shallow and vapid). It's getting to Christmas time. She turns up to your coffee meeting wearing Jimmy Choo boots, Burberry coat, Chanel bag in hand. Hair freshly blowdried at a Dry Bar. You exchange Christmas gifts. You tried to get her something thoughtful, maybe a great coffee table book on precious stones and spectacular jewellery because you know she's into jewellery, or a pretty porcelain tea pot. You open the gift from Smelle and find Sephora moisturiser samples, a mini version of a lipgloss in an unflattering shade, and a pair of wonky earrings that look like a child made them. You are confused because her outfit of the day is worth $4k but the gift she gave you cost her $10. After the meeting you realize she's a nasty cheapskate and you feel like a fool for spending more than 10 minutes picking the present for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She has no friends indeed. Remember how she always used to film Christmas gifts she got for her co-workers, Joe, The Dolls™? But she never filmed wrapping any gifts for a friend, not even in Joe days which were the pinnacle of showing off and filming every minute detail of her life.

Now imagine you're her friend (you'd clearly need to be very open minded to spend time with someone so shallow and vapid). It's getting to Christmas time. She turns up to your coffee meeting wearing Jimmy Choo boots, Burberry coat, Chanel bag in hand. Hair freshly blowdried at a Dry Bar. You exchange Christmas gifts. You tried to get her something thoughtful, maybe a great coffee table book on precious stones and spectacular jewellery because you know she's into jewellery, or a pretty porcelain tea pot. You open the gift from Smelle and find Sephora moisturiser samples, a mini version of a lipgloss in an unflattering shade, and a pair of wonky earrings that look like a child made them. You are confused because her outfit of the day is worth $4k but the gift she gave you cost her $10. After the meeting you realize she's a nasty cheapskate and you feel like a fool for spending more than 10 minutes picking the present for her.

Don't forget if you are 1 of her best friends you also get a Christmas rat 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 20

I don't know who wants to be friends with her. It looks exhausting to be honest. She seems the type of person who is self absorbed and only interested in talking about herself. I mean we get exhausted just looking at her videos.

Reactions: 10
I don't know who wants to be friends with her. It looks exhausting to be honest. She seems the type of person who is self absorbed and only interested in talking about herself. I mean we get exhausted just looking at her videos.
Yeah, that's why she has no friends 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

And all her giggles, oh I know this type of giggles. It’s the you’re in an extremely lame party, you were thinking why the duck am I here, but I have to pretend I’m having fun giggles; all I’m giggling from cheek to cheek but my eyes are dead empty type of giggles . I can’t deal with her, as a friend😨

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, having to deal with her weird giggles all the time would be unbearable. And the way she fake smiles at people when talking to them in that condescending way (as if she's interviewing a child or something)...I just remember that was really on display when she was with her friend Ricardo (?) at one of her B day parties.

And she didn't do herself any favors in the friend department when she went to college in the UK. There's something unique about the college environment and college age that is great for meeting lifelong friends. Many of my friends, those who know me the best and who I trust the most, are college friends. It's still possible to build close friendships as one gets older, but it's harder, I feel. But with Elle, most of her college classmates are overseas. She missed out on having a good friend and professional network in her own country.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, having to deal with her weird giggles all the time would be unbearable. And the way she fake smiles at people when talking to them in that condescending way (as if she's interviewing a child or something)...I just remember that was really on display when she was with her friend Ricardo (?) at one of her B day parties.

And she didn't do herself any favors in the friend department when she went to college in the UK. There's something unique about the college environment and college age that is great for meeting lifelong friends. Many of my friends, those who know me the best and who I trust the most, are college friends. It's still possible to build close friendships as one gets older, but it's harder, I feel. But with Elle, most of her college classmates are overseas. She missed out on having a good friend and professional network in her own country.
I think Eleanor Florence is the type of person that’s really difficult to be friends with. She is self-centered, inconsiderate, and generally seems to have zero empathy (remember the Uber driver incident?). All of this is tied together by a complete lack of morals where she has zero qualms about taking advantage of other people (Ginette, her exes, subscribers, Seattle locals via DailyHive, “friends” like MDS, etc.) as long as it benefits herself. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to be friends with her. Notice how “the Dolls” only seem to tolerate her occasionally because they want exposure via her Instagram account and YouTube channel for their own influencer/business pages. Elle knows she doesn’t have friends so she’ll put up photos of her and the dolls when they hang out (the few times a year they do) to make her seem more social and in return, they get exposure. MDS and her seem to have fallen out (judging by Elle’s passive aggressive reactions at the mere mention of her) but even if they didn’t, they’ve lost touch and I’m guessing it’s because once Natalie closed her YouTube channel, she realized that Smelle was a terrible friend and liar and had no practical reason for associating with her.

Reactions: 11
I think Eleanor Florence is the type of person that’s really difficult to be friends with. She is self-centered, inconsiderate, and generally seems to have zero empathy (remember the Uber driver incident?). All of this is tied together by a complete lack of morals where she has zero qualms about taking advantage of other people (Ginette, her exes, subscribers, Seattle locals via DailyHive, “friends” like MDS, etc.) as long as it benefits herself. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to be friends with her. Notice how “the Dolls” only seem to tolerate her occasionally because they want exposure via her Instagram account and YouTube channel for their own influencer/business pages. Elle knows she doesn’t have friends so she’ll put up photos of her and the dolls when they hang out (the few times a year they do) to make her seem more social and in return, they get exposure. MDS and her seem to have fallen out (judging by Elle’s passive aggressive reactions at the mere mention of her) but even if they didn’t, they’ve lost touch and I’m guessing it’s because once Natalie closed her YouTube channel, she realized that Smelle was a terrible friend and liar and had no practical reason for associating with her.
I think something else must have happened between my daily sweet and Elle. MDS was religiously following her own guru gossip thread, so must have kept up and read Elle’s. MDS was likely always using Elle for exposure too. Maybe Natalie went to talk to Elle about what happened and it erupted from there.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think something else must have happened between my daily sweet and Elle. MDS was religiously following her own guru gossip thread, so must have kept up and read Elle’s. MDS was likely always using Elle for exposure too. Maybe Natalie went to talk to Elle about what happened and it erupted from there.
I agree that they probably did fall out over something vs. just falling out of touch given how touchy Eleanor is whenever someone mentions Natalie. I can totally see Elle throwing a fit if Natalie spoke to her about the GG threads, insisting that she "doesn't answer to rumors" when we all know she's embarrassed that people have discovered her lies and have the receipts to back things up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
ladies, what is she talking about? Is she really working at the moment??
Given she didn’t answer the question, I’m gonna guess she’s still unemployed, but too embarrassed to admit to it. 🤣

Also I think she’s just lazy/knows she doesn’t have much content to put out. With no man and covid ravaging the country, she has very little to vlog and probably is reducing vlogmas content for that reason.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.