Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

brandambassador

VIP Member
Buying a baby in other words. Let’s call it what it is.
Excuse me, we are about to start a cycle with our surrogate in Greece (I’m here in Cork). I have MS, a colostomy bag & had a hysterectomy this year so I can’t carry our second child. We certainly aren’t buying a baby & if you were in the circumstances you’d understand it’s the absolute worst feeling as the intending biological mother not to carry your own child ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 43

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

Another solitary trip / day for Doirz! There was another actual human being in a photo with her tho so that’s an improvement. Another thing that strikes me odd about this whole thing with her is why she thinks she NEEDS to be an instahun? Like between the two of them they’re already well off and own a house. She doesn’t need to be at a brand ambassador event or flog sponcon! Most docs on insta just do it for some enjoyment of sharing info and leave it at that.
The other thing that really bothers me in particular about her is the tunnel vision she really applies to what she posts as a GP in Ireland. GP has been DECIMATED in this country - we have one of the lowest numbers of GPs per 100,000 population and are way below European standards. Our healthcare system is quite literally so damaged it’s dangerous and is also well below EU standards - we’re well over a million now in terms of waiting lists for hospital appointments or procedures. We cannot retain our qualified or trainee docs in any specialty and our consultants took flight after their contracts changed and took a >30% paycut compared with their older peers - thus waiting list issue deteriorated. The pandemic has turned a tidal wave of a problem into a tsunami - the backlog is now impossible to rectify or overcome. We put a healthcare on the brink of shattering on hold for a full year and now the shot is literally hitting the fan. Older GP’s can’t retire as there is no one to take their patients. None can take holidays as there are no locums to cover their time off. We are under resourced in every healthcare capacity - carers - listening to Liveline this week would make you weep - OT’s, Physios, Dieticians, SLTs, paramedic and ambulance staff. Why doesn’t she come on and speak about it. Topics for you Doireann this week:
1. What to do if you have a child who needs psychiatric review or a child psychologist assessment (who can’t pay for one privately) or has an eating disorder - anyone who’s dealt with CAMHS and this service knows it is near impossible to get an appointment and waiting times well over a year mark.
2.Addiction and mental health crises - not mental health that can be improved by good diet, fresh air and a good sleep Doireann - as in actual schizophrenia , psychosis, eating disorders and how under resourced addiction services are. Ireland has one of the highest rates of alcoholism and addiction in Europe as well as suicide in males under 40.
3.The impact of social disadvantage on healthcare - you can tell she doesn’t see many medical card, homeless, direct provision or substance abuse patients. Her posts on sleep, eat enough fish and omega 3, B12, contraception and getting enough exercise outdoors are so PAINFULLY privileged and middle class I’m not even sure she realises it. Try telling a single mum of 2 living in a social flat riddled with damp mould and surviving on welfare that she should sleep more and eat more salmon.
4. What to do if you’re a medical card holder and you can’t register with a GP clinic because all but few of them have stopped taking on new patients (except a few private paying ones) because they are overwhelmed with their patients lists as it is.
5. What to do if you’re a parent of a child with complex developmental disability and your respite, carers hours and educational supports have all been cut?
6. What to do if you’re an adult or elderly person on your own with similar complex care needs who now isn’t getting carer hours or support.
7. Maybe get your head out of the clouds and stop hiding behind the #beagp bollox and be honest about just how broken this system is in which to or worse, be sick. Then again tv stations don’t want someone who’s going to rock the boat and tell the truth doing a segment do they?

• Heart
Reactions: 40

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

I don’t think I’ve ever come across an Insta/ “influencer” that seems to just genuinely have such a vacuous personality and vacant / unappy life. It’s like Groundhog Day with her - up excessively early for unnecessary excessive rowing machine/exercise. Empty, bland house without any belongings or decor or personality. A quick shot of her in scrubs holding some piece of equipment (no doctor has worn a white coat especially GP’s in more than a decade as they harbour germs and bacteria - hospitals banned them years ago) but just to reinforce the image of her being a doctor in case some of us forgot? Her misery of a “lunch” with just lettuce cucumber and an egg made me genuinely feel sad so clearly doesn’t enjoy food or cooking. No personality among the medical repetitive info content - I don’t think I’ve heard her laugh once or seen a genuine smile. At the weekend she’s just on her own again posting same spon con, no friends or meet ups, at the height of it going for a walk with her hub - it must be hard being married to a surgeon who works long hours and nights and weekends on fall while you’re a part time GP / part time TV wannabe. But there’s just something lonely and sad that strikes me about it all.
The wig, contorted poses, contact lenses are also all bizarre , as are the constantly exaggerated reminder of her “cancer surgery” , “I’m a cancer survivor” which she never actually details and seems to have been at a guess a LLETZ procedure or therealikes?! But it’s prob one interesting thing she can say about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

candyfloss444

Well, I'm more than happy to go into that... But it's not really germane to the point I was making. If inflation is on the rise, the real value of the money you earn is reduced but also the real value of the debt you carry is reduced.

Now, usually, you can do something about the money you earn, ask your boss for a raise, raise rents for your tenants, increase the prices you charge for #collabs etc. This still means the value of your debt is receding.

Now obviously there are bulwarks against this... Interest rate rises etc and as you rightly point out, compounding of interest obviously increases the cost of borrowing. But, that's not really the point I was making. We can go into it a bit more on my podcast in collaboration with several payday money lenders (I've about as much dignity as some insta shills - although, in fairness, I think Doireann is a hit of an exception, she mostly promotes stuff outside the field of medicine)
Guys please, is this really what people want to be reading on this thread??!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

21tales

Dr Doireann advertising Penneys is one of the most unrealistic things I’ve seen on the internet in a while

• Haha
Reactions: 25

mm28

I recently found that Doireann had a tattle thread and I’ve spent the last couple of days reading through them all whilst I’ve been anxiously waiting for some test results and it’s honestly been the best distraction and had been highly entertaining!

Doireann reminds me of one of the synths out of that tv show humans. Perfectly explains the weird eating habits, pristine house with not even one throw cushion out of place. I imagine she has a designated charging section in her closet where she retreats of an evening for her sleep hygiene, aka recharging

• Haha
Reactions: 25

cicibloom

DEAFEF7D-A3D4-41F6-B298-23FD61085D9D.png

Thank God for Dr H. Keeping it real for her followers “they’re all the same anyways” YES!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
It just gets worse. I mean this is terrifying - she looks like an alien 👽. Again coming from a DOCTOR this level of vanity crossed with excessive altering her physical appearance isn’t good. It’s not healthy, it’s not normal and it’s not something to be promoting to any women or young girls anywhere.
That picture has nothing to do with rain and all to do with vanity and showing the world how thin she is. Shameful behaviour from a medical professional. Surely this must be professionally embarrassing for her husband, as far as I know he’s a surgeon but she keeps that quiet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Howareyahun

VIP Member
we saw a mirror splash back in a showroom and commented that it looked well, the lady who was showing us around pointed out what a nightmare it would be in real life. I’m shocked anyone sold it to her.

That will be the easiest splashback to keep clean as the hob will NEVER be used..I can't see Dr.D doing a big fry up on a Sunday morning after being on the lash Saturday night, can you ?

• Haha

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Her story tonight about the sleep hygiene is disgraceful, spouting on about how important good sleep is and being all pompous about it, then slapping in the ad for Jysk duvets and pillows. I think that’s totally unethical for a medical professional to do something like this. How is she getting away with it?

Sallyno

How many times has she reposted that photo of herself feeling "burnt out" as a junior doctor in the lift in CUH back in 2018....
It's a genuine insult to all the doctors who actually stayed in the tough world of hospital medicine where they don't have the luxury of spending their day posing in ballgowns with hair extensions and magic stools

She’s so out of touch with real life and real doctoring. Love these replies to her suggestion of early morning webinars for well-being for doctors.
Wellbeing webinars are a time waste it's an hour of instagram therapists or those trying to become celebrity therapists to promote themselves, no wonder she pushes it she's a part of that scheme

Dr D has shown me that just because a doctor achieved high points in the leaving cert does not mean they are intelligent and worthy of respect at all.
A life sized thinspiration Barbie, with the bloody reflections from her ring light constantly in her stories, she's an embarrassment, laughing the way to the bank with her free goodies too.

Redfed

This really boils my blood. Two doctors getting a discounted (maybe free?) kitchen? My own parents have just spent 15k on a kitchen after having their last one for 30+ years.
Anyway the kitchen island is ridiculous. Two stools rammed in against it with no legroom. Rookie error

Reactions: 22

Icannot

She has a predominantly female audience , women of child bearing age - puts up a story of Low vitamin d levels in pregnancy is associated with a higher risk of pre- eclampsia, then follows it with a story of promoting her own vitamin d. This is so unethical. How can this be reported

emmysue

I know mentioned previously but I can’t forget that this woman wore a wig during full lockdown so that her roots would not show. we all like looking well but that’s another level of weird perfectionist behaviour. I do not know who would go to her as a doctor. Her hubby has to be as dull as her

• Wow
  • Haha