Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Hello! Didn’t know there was a thread for doctor D.
How is she even allowed to have her own vitamin brand as a practicing gp?
Also, I switched kitchen providers for my new build after I found out they gifted a kitchen to an influencer while raising their prices by 10%. I was influenced alright 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh my lord how are either of these people working in health 😳
For f sake.
Sorry to disappoint you all.
But here you go.
Doctors have high level of poor mental health.
Doctors have one of highest suicide rates of any profession/group. Females more so.
Tend to be more "A type " personalities, found often in association with eating disorders.
Addiction to alcohol doesn't bypass doctors either.
So for the poster above who said doctors are the "definition of success in society", I can conclude she is not a doctor herself and likely has no or few doctor friends.

So looking at a doctor's Instagram, deciding she looks very thin so she shouldn't be a doctor. Ffs . Shows total ignorance on too many levels to describe here.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

After a post earlier in the week wondering does she see patients anymore she posted a story of her with a picture of her at work saying it was too cold might keep her coat on. It was a deliberate post to show that she still is practicing
Yeah she’s so obvious with reading here and then posting bitchy stories about what she’s read! So if you’re reading again Doireann do you want to explain 1. Why your “supplement range” looks like something you’d find at the tills in penneys? Or 2. Why they’re so outrageously overpriced ? Or 3. Why anyone would bother buying them over like any other brand of bloody omega3 or vit d? Or even 4. Why you need the income from a crappy basic af supplement *cough merchandise* range when you’ve an income from practice and your consultant husband’s income? It’s a bit like the grabby greediness of getting a *collab* free kitchen you didn’t need to have done or dog food PR freebie when you don’t have a dog. Not really a good look for you is it?!

• Heart

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

Did anyone else just CRINGE at her spon con stories for Always pads? I mean how low do you need to go? A qualified GP promoting pads cos she’s paid to. “Always did a study saying 47% of women experience leaks, do you leak!?” Like yes probably >90% of women leak whatever their period protection method. It’s totally normal and expected. No one cares about your sponsored pads , no one needs “educating” on period pads. No one cares if these new always ones are *9%* longer or some shite. What about sustainability Doireann?! Most people and especially on social media are veering towards menstrual cups or period pants like the ones from Penneys! What about cruelty free? Always (and their parent company P&G are blatantly stated to be tested on animals!)
the whole thing just screamed desperation with a giant pad held beside her face as she was taking. Good God.

edit to add: I totally appreciate period poverty is an enormous issue as is period stigma and it’s impact on women in developing countries - particularly impact on education and employment. However Doireann’s target audience is clearly NOT this, nor does she even mention anything like it in her stupid, sponsored,money-making stories.

• Heart

rantingqueen

Only came across this thread now. Unfollowed this liar a long time ago. But did she have a wig during covid? We spoke about this on our group chat as a few of us thought she did
She definitely did. It was truly bizarre. My GP was so busy she was phoning me for consultations at 8pm at night and on Saturdays. A doctor, during a pandemic, sitting on insta selling fake tan and wearing a wig, is not a doctor I’d want to attend.

• Haha

Oll36

Too many follow the power of the doctor in the label, she's a snake oil pusher, no integrity at all. She's been very clear how her ambition was to be a celebrity doctor, look up Dr. Oz a similar slimy person who used to work with Oprah. I can't imagine she cares about her patients wellbeing probably prescribes them to look at her stories and can only talk about female reproduction. Next thing she'll write a book, the money grabber, she already has a podcast. I wonder are those around her embarrassed too

Look on her Instagram how it's a lot of the other influencers congratulating her, it's all about them scratching each others backs, trying to gain a follower off the other
I had to deal with her on the phone before and she was so rude as well. She acted like I was putting her out when I asked about a prescription for a patient, she told me she was very busy and it would take a few hours for the prescription. 5 minutes later she's posting a selfie on insta. She is such a fake wannabe. I pity her patients.

• Wow
  • Angry

Heidi88

VIP Member
She will never make it on TV. She has no personality and isnt relateable in the slightest. She comes across very robotic in most of her stories.

Reactions: 19

Kilingtime

VIP Member
Yes she has been very open and vocal about having cervical cancer. Surely when I said “given her history” that was enough to wonder what I meant, if you didn’t know? Rather than jumping to the conclusion I must be Doireann.
She had pre-cancerous cells removed. She didn't have cancer. I've had CINIII cells removed twice and don't consider myself as having cancer. It's another thing she's been called out on in the past.

• Wow
Their kitchen is tiny for an island that size, didn’t realise the collab was with cash and carry kitchens. My friend got her kitchen there and it was very poor quality.
It doesn’t matter to her. She only uses it to prop her freebies on. The main things she requested are 1. The hot water tap for her sleepy tea to go into her D cup, because who has time to boil a kettle 2. The mirror behind the cooker - absolutely essential, no point in having a cooker otherwise. 3. An island to prop freebies, a vase and some fake flowers on. Oh and maybe a candle. But never food.., Please God no carbs will touch this island/kitchen, except maybe a carrot, as a treat, on a Sunday… maybe.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hairylairy

Chatty Member
It is a very bad example to see a doctor that is emaciated, doctors are seen as the definition of success in our society and seeing an emaciated frame in front of them is not good for a patient
I have followed Hilary for a good while. She's not an influencer, she never sells anything, never an affiliate link. She has called out Doireann for fat shaming in the past. But she has also called people out for skinny shaming. And she has made reference to eating disorder being something she feels strongly about therefore I get the impression she has/had one. She has a great sense of humour and is one person who I enjoy for honest content. The person who thinks she photoshopped her photos should ask her, I've no doubt she will answer you honestly

Reactions: 18

nolite

Chatty Member
I think the endgame for her has always been fame. She has mentioned previously how she had filmed video applications for shows but has never been successful.
Yup. That's the agenda. She said before that, before she was even qualified, she sent in her video audition to Operation Transformation. So that tells you that there's a ruthless ambition behind the sweet Barbie aesthetic. Also, an audacity. Who the hell applies for a job before they have even qualified. Did she actually think they'd take on a trainee GP in her late 20s at the time? Thinks a lot of herself clearly. She strikes me as booksmart more than intelligent tbh.

Mizzy37

It beggars belief - she clearly has huge body issues with all the filtering and photo shopping and she’s a doctor pretending to promoting a healthy lifestyle- joke ! She was seen driving to a spot with a big ring light take a photo promoting the importance of daily exercise then get back in her car !!! She so fake

• Wow
  • Haha

BangAndTheDirtIsGone!

The nose contouring too! Can't believe she's taken seriously as a doctor or a tutor in UCC when she is so concerned about her image - very superficial
She is extremely problematic in general.
On one hand she’s snootily and aggressively trying to denigrate Consultants, insinuating she knows MORE, and spouting potentially misleading advice e.g the post on cranberry juice. Other docs on insta who genuinely have accounts for info and sharing do not do this. Niamh Lynch is a consultant paediatrician - she regularly states “not my area” when asked certain questions and posts info / facts and constant helpful Q&As as does consultant Obgyn Vicky O Dwyer. Neither of these post spon con either.
On the other she’s coming on with absolute nonsense “content” about the real hard hitting medical issues such as manicure lamps being a risk for skin cancer on your hands 😂 (first world problems much?!) Then snoring! (second silly post about this - didgeridoos and muscle exercises like pushing a spoon with your tongue?!), sleep - it’s good to get 8 hours of sleep in case no one knew, inconsistent advice about supplements - don’t take them unless guided or necessary but DO buy my own brand without any guidance thanks! This also is without doubt breaching ethical guidelines with the Medical Council.
All the while she’s shoving stupid reels out wearing her scrubs and Steth AT HOME and faffing about with tan and facials sponcon.
And all the while she’s promoting a very dangerous relationship with food and exercise and body image in general while body and fat shaming others.
Every other GP in the country at the moment is burnt out, swamped, tired, overworked, waiting lists unmanageable, referral pathways at a standstill and most younger qualified ones are either being driven out of the country to greener pastures or redirecting themselves back into hospital work or other areas of interest.
She comes across as a very unhappy, lonely or unfulfilled, Stepford wife clutching at some dream of being a celeb doctor but can’t see it’s her own personality that’s standing in the way of this.
Oh and her nose contouring is absolute insane looking.

Attachments

• Heart

Shop girl

Chatty Member
Is she that hard up for a few free tins of dog food for her beloved dogs that she would do a paid partnership with a dog food company. There is low and then there’s this. Could have donated whatever supplies she got to a dog rescue centre or the Guide Dogs for the Blind centre in Cork. Am sure between both salaries they can afford a few tins of dog food. That is just pure greed and boils my blood.

• Wow
Pure lies, she's a thinspiration influencer. It's damaging and concerning that she is a GP pushing people to take supplements, people need a healthy diet and if your diet is healthy and varied you won't be deficient. For most people in the summer they wouldn't be deficient in vitamin d as the sun is a great source. I really wish there was an influencer podcast or something that would call her nonsense out. I do worry about the young women who follow her, who will choose to restrict and take supplements to look emaciated like Dr. Lollipop

Attachments

• Sad

HumphreyB

VIP Member
I totally agree with her on the vasectomy topic. While it shouldn’t be the only option I do think men are happy to sit back and allow their partners to continue to carry the responsibility. It should be pushed. No one should be forced to do anything they don’t want too but men need to step up imo.

nolite

Chatty Member
Am I missing something or does the kitchen have any sockets? One thing I was advised when building a house was put sockets everywhere in the kitchen and I still don't think I have enough. I suppose Dr D probably won't be pulling out the deep fat fryer or sandwich toaster too often but I didn't even see a kettle.
I know in some super fancy new kitchen models, you can get ones that pop up and down from the counter. Maybe she has those.

I agree with everyone else here about it being sickening that two people with doctors' salaries are being gifted this. And whatever about the surgeon husband not having an Instagram presence, he has a surgeon's salary and presumably a conscience. He could have said "Doireann, no. We can well afford our own kitchen, it's kind of morally wrong for us to accept this".

And god it's a dull, vile one they chose in my opinion. A mirrored backsplash.......practical!!!