Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’s just extremely insecure, it’s very sad really. The wig in lockdown was something else.

Why though?! Bizarre. She's so googly eyed in the last couple of pics posted here recently. Actually kind of strange looking up close. The extreme thinness doesn't help I think.

Reactions: 5
I think she’s just extremely insecure, it’s very sad really. The wig in lockdown was something else.
Yeah.....that was a disturbing level of vanity. Love, no one could get their hair done. No one was judging anyone for having roots or greys (I personally wouldn't care about someone having them pandemic or not. Who cares?!). Wearing a wig for those purposes is not normal.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think I’ve ever come across an Insta/ “influencer” that seems to just genuinely have such a vacuous personality and vacant / unappy life. It’s like Groundhog Day with her - up excessively early for unnecessary excessive rowing machine/exercise. Empty, bland house without any belongings or decor or personality. A quick shot of her in scrubs holding some piece of equipment (no doctor has worn a white coat especially GP’s in more than a decade as they harbour germs and bacteria - hospitals banned them years ago) but just to reinforce the image of her being a doctor in case some of us forgot? Her misery of a “lunch” with just lettuce cucumber and an egg made me genuinely feel sad so clearly doesn’t enjoy food or cooking. No personality among the medical repetitive info content - I don’t think I’ve heard her laugh once or seen a genuine smile. At the weekend she’s just on her own again posting same spon con, no friends or meet ups, at the height of it going for a walk with her hub - it must be hard being married to a surgeon who works long hours and nights and weekends on fall while you’re a part time GP / part time TV wannabe. But there’s just something lonely and sad that strikes me about it all.
The wig, contorted poses, contact lenses are also all bizarre , as are the constantly exaggerated reminder of her “cancer surgery” , “I’m a cancer survivor” which she never actually details and seems to have been at a guess a LLETZ procedure or therealikes?! But it’s prob one interesting thing she can say about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don’t think I’ve ever come across an Insta/ “influencer” that seems to just genuinely have such a vacuous personality and vacant / unappy life. It’s like Groundhog Day with her - up excessively early for unnecessary excessive rowing machine/exercise. Empty, bland house without any belongings or decor or personality. A quick shot of her in scrubs holding some piece of equipment (no doctor has worn a white coat especially GP’s in more than a decade as they harbour germs and bacteria - hospitals banned them years ago) but just to reinforce the image of her being a doctor in case some of us forgot? Her misery of a “lunch” with just lettuce cucumber and an egg made me genuinely feel sad so clearly doesn’t enjoy food or cooking. No personality among the medical repetitive info content - I don’t think I’ve heard her laugh once or seen a genuine smile. At the weekend she’s just on her own again posting same spon con, no friends or meet ups, at the height of it going for a walk with her hub - it must be hard being married to a surgeon who works long hours and nights and weekends on fall while you’re a part time GP / part time TV wannabe. But there’s just something lonely and sad that strikes me about it all.
The wig, contorted poses, contact lenses are also all bizarre , as are the constantly exaggerated reminder of her “cancer surgery” , “I’m a cancer survivor” which she never actually details and seems to have been at a guess a LLETZ procedure or therealikes?! But it’s prob one interesting thing she can say about herself.
Extremely well articulated 😁

Reactions: 6
Another solitary trip / day for Doirz! There was another actual human being in a photo with her tho so that’s an improvement. Another thing that strikes me odd about this whole thing with her is why she thinks she NEEDS to be an instahun? Like between the two of them they’re already well off and own a house. She doesn’t need to be at a brand ambassador event or flog sponcon! Most docs on insta just do it for some enjoyment of sharing info and leave it at that.
The other thing that really bothers me in particular about her is the tunnel vision she really applies to what she posts as a GP in Ireland. GP has been DECIMATED in this country - we have one of the lowest numbers of GPs per 100,000 population and are way below European standards. Our healthcare system is quite literally so damaged it’s dangerous and is also well below EU standards - we’re well over a million now in terms of waiting lists for hospital appointments or procedures. We cannot retain our qualified or trainee docs in any specialty and our consultants took flight after their contracts changed and took a >30% paycut compared with their older peers - thus waiting list issue deteriorated. The pandemic has turned a tidal wave of a problem into a tsunami - the backlog is now impossible to rectify or overcome. We put a healthcare on the brink of shattering on hold for a full year and now the shot is literally hitting the fan. Older GP’s can’t retire as there is no one to take their patients. None can take holidays as there are no locums to cover their time off. We are under resourced in every healthcare capacity - carers - listening to Liveline this week would make you weep - OT’s, Physios, Dieticians, SLTs, paramedic and ambulance staff. Why doesn’t she come on and speak about it. Topics for you Doireann this week:
1. What to do if you have a child who needs psychiatric review or a child psychologist assessment (who can’t pay for one privately) or has an eating disorder - anyone who’s dealt with CAMHS and this service knows it is near impossible to get an appointment and waiting times well over a year mark.
2.Addiction and mental health crises - not mental health that can be improved by good diet, fresh air and a good sleep Doireann - as in actual schizophrenia , psychosis, eating disorders and how under resourced addiction services are. Ireland has one of the highest rates of alcoholism and addiction in Europe as well as suicide in males under 40.
3.The impact of social disadvantage on healthcare - you can tell she doesn’t see many medical card, homeless, direct provision or substance abuse patients. Her posts on sleep, eat enough fish and omega 3, B12, contraception and getting enough exercise outdoors are so PAINFULLY privileged and middle class I’m not even sure she realises it. Try telling a single mum of 2 living in a social flat riddled with damp mould and surviving on welfare that she should sleep more and eat more salmon.
4. What to do if you’re a medical card holder and you can’t register with a GP clinic because all but few of them have stopped taking on new patients (except a few private paying ones) because they are overwhelmed with their patients lists as it is.
5. What to do if you’re a parent of a child with complex developmental disability and your respite, carers hours and educational supports have all been cut?
6. What to do if you’re an adult or elderly person on your own with similar complex care needs who now isn’t getting carer hours or support.
7. Maybe get your head out of the clouds and stop hiding behind the #beagp bollox and be honest about just how broken this system is in which to or worse, be sick. Then again tv stations don’t want someone who’s going to rock the boat and tell the truth doing a segment do they?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think the endgame for her has always been fame. She has mentioned previously how she had filmed video applications for shows but has never been successful.
Yup. That's the agenda. She said before that, before she was even qualified, she sent in her video audition to Operation Transformation. So that tells you that there's a ruthless ambition behind the sweet Barbie aesthetic. Also, an audacity. Who the hell applies for a job before they have even qualified. Did she actually think they'd take on a trainee GP in her late 20s at the time? Thinks a lot of herself clearly. She strikes me as booksmart more than intelligent tbh.

Reactions: 18
She strikes me as booksmart more than intelligent tbh.
Definitely, follow a few other doctors on Instagram and she’s definitely the least relatable and always sounds like she’s reading notes directly from the source. Very rarely presents information in a way that is accessible for all. Know your audience and tailor your speak to them.

Reactions: 10
Today's post about 'things you GP does while not seeing patients' is a hoot. She should have had
  • updates social media
  • does a try on
  • poses in kitchen mirror
  • attends influencer event in another city
  • aff links new athleisure
  • flogs a skincare or tanning regime

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Definitely, follow a few other doctors on Instagram and she’s definitely the least relatable and always sounds like she’s reading notes directly from the source. Very rarely presents information in a way that is accessible for all. Know your audience and tailor your speak to them.
She just sounds scripted all the time. It's like she learns off by rote the answer she's found on Google/in her books and recites it. Like in your LC oral 😂😂😂 My GP and no Consultants I have met or worked for come off like this. Probably cos they have a huge amount of knowledge at the tip of their tongues without having to look it up. Obviously no one expects her to be an expert in every facet of medicine, but she just really doesn't strike me as having even a basic grasp of a broad range of issues. There's no intuition. I'd say she nearly pulls out the reference books in consultations.

You never seem to see her going on courses or training schemes for upskilling. Kind of essential when you're serious about a career in medicine and it's a cycle that never ends. I guess when your end goal is TV doctor you don't worry about that. She has zero charisma though or natural rapport with people from what I've seen so I honestly don't know how she thinks she would be good at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She will never make it on TV. She has no personality and isnt relateable in the slightest. She comes across very robotic in most of her stories.

Reactions: 19
The level of vanity blows my mind , the pointed toes and crazed expressions in her pics, the over practiced wooden spon con vids 😣she is terrifying ! What blows my mind the most is how she can have devoted so much of her life to medicine to then sell out and become a wannabe instahun ???! She has achieved something completely impossible for most of us with her medical degree , only to spend her time flogging car insurance / tan/ gym clothes etc ?! It makes absolutely no sense to me. Her life must be so empty , she’s crying out for attention.

Reactions: 16
I genuinely feel she’s doing all of this because she has no life and no friends so what else is she doing? It’s a way to pass the time, a way to make friends and a social life.

The level of vanity blows my mind , the pointed toes and crazed expressions in her pics, the over practiced wooden spon con vids 😣she is terrifying ! What blows my mind the most is how she can have devoted so much of her life to medicine to then sell out and become a wannabe instahun ???! She has achieved something completely impossible for most of us with her medical degree , only to spend her time flogging car insurance / tan/ gym clothes etc ?! It makes absolutely no sense to me. Her life must be so empty , she’s crying out for attention.

Reactions: 7
I genuinely feel she’s doing all of this because she has no life and no friends so what else is she doing? It’s a way to pass the time, a way to make friends and a social life.
Can I just say, and I am outing myself here, I've gone through and am still in the midst of a period of extreme isolation and loneliness for the past 6/7 years. Most of what I considered my core group of friends moved away and the contact (on their end) slowly ebbed away. Then there was a very juvenile falling out with a group of others which was never repaired (not casting aspersions, we were all guilty). The loneliness is palpable. I have a few friends now at my current job but they are American and will transfer soon. I have a partner who is great but I'm sorry, you need friends not just a partner. They play different roles. So I do sympathise with her there BUT I feel she has had contact with this massive repository of colleagues (you meet a lot of people working in hospitals and clinics, been there in an admin capacity in a former life) and it says a lot that none of them seem to have stuck. I worked in a lot of isolated positions before my current job so I didn't really even have the opportunity to make friends.

In all this, I have never tried to launch myself online. There's nothing interesting about me and I don't have a big posse of people to pose with 🤣 I'm not a doctor (could never hack it with the blood) but I have a good job, am doing a second degree part time. What would I do? Take photos of myself in the bathroom at work? I just don't have that want in me, to be quite honest.

And just to add, I used to work as the office manager to a couple of consultant surgeons, and physicians before that. None of them had the ego, time or inclination to take photos of themselves in their scrubs in elevators (in their case between actual operations, etc. Rather than on the way down to collect lunch from Mum). She couldn't hack hospital doctoring. The hours are not social media friendly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.